• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15813 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
Star09

Looking for a decorator? Reply to this Post

Is your bedroom a mess?
Do your hearties avoid coming on your pillages because your boat is a wreck?
Is your decor scaring off business in your shoppes?

Then I have the solution for you!

Decorating With Love (TM)

Welcome to my newly opened decorating business!
What I offer in this service is my sense of style, and all you need to do is provide me with a place to start working!

Some of the services I offer are:
1) House Floor Planning - suggestions on what each room should be used for
2) Design Theme - suggestions on the color and theme of a room
3) Furniture Choice - suggestions on what furniture should be placed in a room
4) Furniture Arrangement - placement of your new or existing furniture

I decorate houses of all shapes and sizes, both shoppes and stalls, and even your boats.
Of course I do individual rooms as well.

In order to get the best results and an absolutely great room additional P.o.E. will need to be spent on paint and matching furniture. However this is not required; I can do wonders with the furniture you already own, so long as you have a fair amount for me to move around.

About me:
I have been playing on the Hunter Ocean for almost two years and have good reputation in the community. If you have any questions feel free to private message me on the forums or look for me in game.

Fees:
There is no set fee. I'm accepting payment based on your satisfaction. If you like how I decorate, you can pay me as much or as little as you want. And If you are not satisfied with what I have done, you don't have to pay me at all.

Below are some samples of my work:

Sample House
Living Room
Basement/Games Room
Kitchen
Hallway
Bedroom
Study Room
Attic/Nursery

Sample Shoppes
Distillery - Main Floor
Distillery - Second Floor
Shipyard - Main Floor
Shipyard - Second Floor
Tailor Stall

Sample Boat
Dhow - Deck (Back)
Dhow - Deck (Front)
Dhow - Cabin
Dhow - Below Deck

If you would like to see more sample, look throughout this thread for screenshots of how i decorated for other people.

Booking:
If you are interested in any of these services reply to this thread with your name, and when I am online I will look for you. If we cannot find each other online then I will contact you via private message on the forum.

Thanks for checking out my post!

Disclaimer!: While I try to move the furniture as little as possible during the arrangement process, if your furniture is very old there is still a possibility that it may turn into a prop leaving it unmovable. If this occurs I will not be held financially responsible.
The service i'm offering here requires some trust on your part. If you want me to decorate your boat you would have to give me the deed while I do it, likewise with shoppes and stalls I would need to be made a manager, and for houses I would need to be a roommate.
Also in some cases you might need to trade me your furniture as well so that I can move it around between rooms.
If you are not comfortable with doing these, then I can offer you my suggestions only, which may be difficult to express through typing.

----------------------------------------
Lovette From Hunter Ocean

My Gallery

Avvie by: Albini
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Star09 at Nov 16, 2008 7:57:45 PM]
[Oct 3, 2008 5:19:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootlegPatch

Re: Looking for a decorator? Reply to this Post

Holy moly, these are absolutely beautiful! -whistles at the Basement/Games Room- *-*

I wish I could place an order, but I don't have much furniture to work with atm. xD But I know now who to look to when I have future issues, as I am not talented at this sort of thing at all! Best of luck with this business, I think it's very creative. :)
Albini on Viridian~
Yarr, vain-ness!
"Queen of 'arts" Avatar by the sublime Phillite
[Oct 3, 2008 5:28:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
N_o_v_a

What a great offer. :D

If you have any trust issues like you mentioned in your disclaimer, or have trouble conveying ideas without physically moving furniture, why don't you try constructing your ideas in YohohoTools? You can take a screenshot and show your client easily without any roommate adding or deed swapping.
Phillite, Emerald
[Oct 3, 2008 5:42:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

I wasn't sure how much yer price was but look for me Ilya Cobalt, i have a great challange for you and it could work as before and after pictures. You'll see what i mean when ye see me house XD
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Oct 3, 2008 1:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

Thanks for your kind words Albini. I actually love your work, I wish that one day I can draw as good as you, but until then I will display your avatar (once you make me one :P)

Thanks for your advice Phillite, I downloaded that program before but am still trying to figure out how to use it. Once I get comfortable with it I will use it as another way to show my decorating to people.

Ilya I looked for you on Cobalt but you weren't on. I will try to catch you online later, or alternatively you can look for me on Hunter :)

My Gallery

[Oct 3, 2008 4:20:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

Ilya's Garden Reply to this Post

My first assignment was quite a challenge. Ilya wanted to see what I can do with his garden, and as you can see it was in pretty rough shape :P

Ilya's Garden Before

After a lot of thinking how I can use all the furniture (it was Ilya's initial request) I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't possible. There were really only a few different pieces of furniture, but a large quantity of a couple of them. I couldn't find any way to use it all, and in my opinion the hemp and old bar segments didn't match the rest of the furniture.

So here is what I came up with:
Ilya's Garden After - Left
Ilya's Garden After - Right

Basically what I ended up doing was just cleaning up the yard. I removed the hemp because it looks too industrial and doesn't really fit into a yard, and I also removed the old bar segments as those didn't really fit into the theme of his house (Villa with throne, etc). I made a little seating area in the corner next to the plants, and left the middle of the garden open for any fun activities he may wish to do on his spare time. My suggestion would be to place a few plants to add color to the scene and to make it brighter. Also maybe a game table or two of your choice would be nice.

Also Ilya had to go, so I didn't really have as much time as I wanted, but that wasn't his fault as it was taking me longer than I expected.

Thanks for giving me my first official opportunity to do this!

My Gallery

[Oct 3, 2008 11:03:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Master15S

Re: Ilya's Garden Reply to this Post

Well, as soon as you get comfy with the YPP tools, I'd LOVE for you to do my room. It is in a hearties manor and I have lots of furni =D so You'll do it on Virid, huh? I can pay you, as I'll probably be after #3 since I have to wait XD and how much will it be, so I can start saving up? I'll take a screenie of my room when I log on in a bit and edit the linky in here.. sorry if it is scary >.<

As I said, I'm jsut a roomie in hearty's manor, but When you get comfy with the YPP tools, I'd LOVE some help (I am not good at anything style wise. I asked my brother for color help while shopping for clothes XD)

Padme

Ps: Would you like payment on Hunter or Viridian when It gets to that point?
PadmeMaster-- Only playing when she feels like it

I'm SICK of moving. Yay for one last move for a while!

[Oct 5, 2008 2:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://Padmemaster.googlepages.com [Link]  Go to top 
Azagh

i really like the games room the only i could say to improve it is maby add a dart board.
Azagh of the Viridian 2006- 2015

MIA - Smirnoff (tan octo), Outgoing Stickleback (first ship), Time bandit (Favorite ship), Northwestern, Glenfiddich & Buffalo Trace (my shoppes) and my Galene doll won in the indy 50.0
[Oct 5, 2008 8:50:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Is there a show-off-your-homes thread? There ought to be one if there isn't. Furniture is my favourite thing on the game >_>. Anyone is welling to haunt my mansion if they need some inspiration.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Oct 6, 2008 3:05:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

My next assignment was to decorate three rooms for Northstar, her basement, living room, and bedroom.

First of all this is the before and after of the basement:
Northstar's Basement 1 - Before
Northstar's Basement 2 - Before

Northstar's Basement 1 - After
Northstar's Basement 2 - After

Northstar's Complete Basement - After

As you can see in the before there were two different bars, and I thought there was no need for two, so I removed the old bar segments (they didn't fit in anyways). I also removed the jug table and the trough because it gave a dirty atmosphere. I also replaced the stools with some plain chairs, this also freed up a lot of space. I added two marble tables to add more class to the room, and these also served as good places to move the treasure loot to. I also ended up moving the tournament board to the side because it was blocking the view of the rail, which actually looks pretty nice. Most of the rest of the furniture I moved around to where I thought it made more sense, such as the sword rack and bludgeon trunk next to their games tables; and the palace painting towards the center of the room and no longer being blocked by the sofa.

Now we move to the before and afters of the living room:
Northstar's Livingroom 1 - Before
Northstar's Livingroom 2 - Before

Northstar's Livingroom 1 - After
Northstar's Livingroom 2 - After

Northstar's Complete Livingroom - Before
Northstar's Complete Livingroom - After

The living room was pretty nice in the first place, but one problem I saw right away was the fancy table between the sofas. This table is so tall when you walk up to it and it really doesn't fit next to the sofas. But I did want to use as much of the original furniture in the room, so I decided to turn that table into a dining room table and place it at the bottom of the room (the plain chairs should be replaced with fancy chairs though). This also forced me to move the carpet which didn't look nice in that corner, and I wanted to center it more, which I did by putting it in the middle of the room at the top. I also changed the position of the Christmas tree and the piano around. The tree was blocking the light and the door as well, and the piano being lower was a better fit for that area. I wanted to put the Christmas tree in the center of the room but it would take up a lot of space and the side of the room has that nook which was perfect. The piano also looked very nice between the tree and the window, so I placed it there (for convenient caroling). This left the center of the room empty, which was perfect for the sofas. I arranged them perpendicular to each other and facing the tree, which gave a very warm atmosphere. The globe table matches the two sofas so I thought it should be closer to them then how it was originally placed. (also replacing it with a rectangular marble table would look nice). I removed the poker table because there are already games tables in the basement; and it didn't really fit in into the living room.

Lastly here is Northstar's bedroom, befores and afters:
Northstar's Bedroom 1 - Before
Northstar's Bedroom 2 - Before

Northstar's Bedroom 1 - After
Northstar's Bedroom 2 - After

Northstar's Complete Bedroom - Before
Northstar's Complete Bedroom - After

The way I saw the bedroom broke down into two sections, the seating area and the bedroom. In the seating area I saw a problem with the two sofas, they were so far apart that it didn't make any sense for people to sit on them and talk (lets pretend we can do that :P) so I moved them together. The pillows also felt out of place in the middle of the room, so I moved them next to the carpet. The bludgeon trunk, display case and little chest all aligned didn't look really that nice, so I split them up.

Northstar used the tan and brown cloth as a divider for her room, but I thought that there was a better way to divide the room, so I removed the cloth. The wardrobe and bookcase both are very tall pieces of furniture and act well as dividers, so I placed them where I did, facing the bedroom; these locations were also better for them than the previous ones. The floral arangement in the middle of the room was very stylish but sadly I had to break it up in order to place some flowers under the bed, this also opened up the passage into the bedroom which looks nice. Talking about the flowers, I suggested to Northstar to purchase another matching flower to put under the bed to make it symmetrical. I left the drinking table there because Northstar likes drinking and it does go well with the spa area (imagine sipping wine while in a bubble path with lit candles). The stools should be replaced with plain chairs and a fancy chair next to the bookdesk. Also since there were quite a few of the same eggs I used them sparingly around the room as a border in places where the wall looked empty.

And thats about it, thanks for the chance to decorate your house Northstar! :)

My Gallery

[Oct 7, 2008 1:00:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

oh heya padme

I would love to decorate for you using YPP tools~ but i'm not quite sure how to use it still, when i get comfy with it, i'll message you and let you know =)

Don't worry about being on viridian, I can hop on to any ocean and do it and you can pay from your own ocean. I have no price set yet.

Take care

My Gallery

[Oct 7, 2008 1:10:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

Since it's the Halloween season it is only fitting to have a spooky theme. Here is a sample of a themed decoration.

Halloween Shop - Regular Light
Halloween Shop - Dim Light

Happy Halloween everybody!

My Gallery

[Oct 16, 2008 4:32:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Remalle

I really like the way you section rooms off. Did you learn to do this or is it more instinct, I'd really love to learn to do that.
[Oct 19, 2008 2:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AndyOrr

Pretty cool. My computer died though half way through downloading the Regular Light one, can you save it in a different file format that take up less space?
- Shambo -
[Oct 19, 2008 3:46:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

Since it's the Halloween season it is only fitting to have a spooky theme. Here is a sample of a themed decoration.

Halloween Shop - Regular Light
Halloween Shop - Dim Light

Happy Halloween everybody!

Ah that is one scary room...

You really are great at decorating houses xD
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
~M.K. Gandhi~
[Oct 19, 2008 1:00:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

Thanks guys!

Here are the jpg versions Shambo, should be quite a lot smaller.
Halloween Shop JPG - Regular Light
Halloween Shop JPG - Dim Light

Remalle, maybe it's more of an instinct because I haven't learn it anywhere; I like decorating ever since I decorated my townhouse on Hunter. :)

My Gallery

[Oct 19, 2008 9:16:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smarfle

Heya,

Looking for decorating tips for the two sloops, Watermelon Nights and Wicked Witch.

Any sort of furniture would be doable for either, just as long as it doesn't break the bank. :)
Smarfle of Viridian
[Oct 19, 2008 9:36:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

Hey all, have some requests for decorating houses but i'm having trouble using yohoho tools specifically how to import a background to work on, for example a sloop so i can add on furniture. Can anyone tell me how to set background layer or import different house/boat/shoppe floor plans?

I have also downloaded scenepainter, but i'm having the same difficulties in importing backgrounds or floor plans.

If anyone can help with this, it would be great preferably with yohoho tools.

Thanks =)

My Gallery

[Oct 20, 2008 12:57:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MubblyMan

Okay,
First you open your Ypp folder normally under Three Rings design in program files. Open the scenes folder, and delete everything apart from the one named default. Then download SceneHaul from here and place it into your ypp folder. Then run puzzle pirates and try to visit the absoloute minimun scenes possible until you find the place you want to import into yohoho tools. Then close it and go back to Your Ypp folder and execute scene haul. After it has run close it open tools. Then click on open and find your ypp folder then click on scenes_xml and open it. Then find your room you want to edit, open it then you can start.
[Oct 20, 2008 9:24:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

heya mubblyman,

Thanks for the help. I downloaded scenehaul but i get an error message when trying to run it. Since all i really need are plain rooms of all of the different houses, Is it possible to download these plain rooms somewhere instead of having to import them myself?

Thanks

My Gallery

[Oct 22, 2008 12:42:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ResoluteX

Wow, amazing.

This is incredible.

Are you only doing it on Hunter Ocean or other oceans also?
Resx
Captain of Resolution

~Recruiting for Resolution on the Viridian Ocean~
[Oct 23, 2008 4:03:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

thanks =P
I decorate on any ocean~

My Gallery

[Oct 23, 2008 6:16:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MubblyMan

heya mubblyman,

Thanks for the help. I downloaded scenehaul but i get an error message when trying to run it. Since all i really need are plain rooms of all of the different houses, Is it possible to download these plain rooms somewhere instead of having to import them myself?

Thanks

That is because scenhaul needs to be in the ypp directory to work,
As far as i know there is no download site for room.
[Oct 23, 2008 8:24:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Blargh. Just letting you know that for the couch I ordered, the wait time has decided to go up instead of down. Lovely.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Oct 23, 2008 12:12:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

I was working on Castawayjoe's rooms, he wanted me to make a bedroom and a seating area. For the seating area he didn't have any chairs, benches or sofas, so I suggested he should order a sofa. That room is still in progress, as you can tell.

Here is the before of that room, the after I will post later :)
Castawayjoe's Seating Room - Before

The bedroom I was able to finish however, here are the before and afters:
Castawayjoe's Bedroom - Before
Castawayjoe's Bedroom - After

This room was more of a storage room before, with no actual theme, and Castawayjoe wanted me to make a bedroom out of it. He asked me to include a wardrobe, tournament board and a sword fighting table; he also said he loves the tub, and I thought it would look nice in the bedroom, so I asked him to move it from the seating room (where it wasn't going to fit in anyways) and place it in the bedroom. The bunk had to be placed on a wall, so there weren't many options, so the rest of the room had to be arranged around the bunk. I split the room into three general areas, using the columns as the dividers. The top half of the room became the "bedroom", with the bunk and wardrobe. The top right corner is the bathroom, with the tub and some candle light. And the bottom half of the room is the office/games area with an office/study table and a few games tables. I suggested he should get a couple of plain chairs to put around the card table. Hope you like it :)

My Gallery

[Oct 23, 2008 7:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

No laughing at my before pics guys.

:)
[Oct 24, 2008 2:17:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SM_Forums

No laughing at my before pics guys.

:)

Don't worry - that's what my bedroom looks like in real life! :P
Swordmaster on Hunter
Timmeh wrote: 
Life is so depressing with pants on.
Current avatar by Tilinka <3
Taking a break.
[Oct 25, 2008 6:30:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

I like seeing your room designs. Keep up the good work!
~sk
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Oct 25, 2008 3:49:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Star09

I have decided to redecorate two of my shops, since the apothecary looked so packed with the Halloween furniture. My iron monger is called night of the living lead, so I thought it was more suitable anyways :)

Here is the end product, unfortunately the walls are unusable, so I couldn't hang any of my skeletons:
Iron Monger Halloween Decoration - Normal Light
Iron Monger Halloween Decoration - Dim Light
Iron Monger Halloween Decoration - Murderous Light

After removing all the furniture from my apothecary I had the empty space back which allowed me to make it feminine once again, like it should be! Lots of colourful plants can be seen here:
Apothecary Shop - Flowery

Thanks for all the compliments, I hope to add a lot more new themes and ideas in the future for your viewing pleasure.

Happy Halloween

My Gallery

[Oct 26, 2008 5:25:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Bump! Sorry it took so long, the couch finally was finished. I placed it in the room so if you want to go make any last minute changes and then take a final screenie feel free, and just let me know when you're done. Thanks so much!
[Nov 8, 2008 9:16:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates