• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 167770 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
vortexae

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

Recently in this thread, I saw it announced that AutoPlank was fixed and should now function.

It hasn't worked for me, though. I'll be on a transport run, and people will board my ship without permission, and whether I'm in puzzle or not in puzzle, at a league point or moving, they don't get auto-planked. Twice in the past two minutes, in fact, both while I was in the d-nav puzzle.

I've checked my options. Autoplank is definitely enabled with "plank all" in the "Immune" box.

Am I doing something wrong, or have I found a bug?

Edit: It in fact does autoplank while I'm just looking at the chart. Looks like it still won't autoplank while in puzzle though.

Thanks for all your work! I love this program!
----------------------------------------
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by vortexae at Mar 7, 2008 1:59:32 PM]
[Mar 7, 2008 11:12:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Recently in this thread, I saw it announced that AutoPlank was fixed and should now function.

It hasn't worked for me, though. I'll be on a transport run, and people will board my ship without permission, and, whether I'm in puzzle or not in puzzle, at a league point or moving, they don't get auto-planked. Twice in the past two minutes, in fact, both while I was in the d-nav puzzle.

I've checked my options. Autoplank is definitely enabled with "plank all" in the "Immune" box.

Is it a case of it never working, or working only sometimes?

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Mar 7, 2008 1:22:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

I got a question about the Tell response

Can you also make that a sort of someone tells you Job me

And then you automatically job?

And if it can , can you maybe show me how? :D

Ty in advance
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Mar 7, 2008 1:28:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

It hasn't worked for me, though. I'll be on a transport run, and people will board my ship without permission, and, whether I'm in puzzle or not in puzzle, at a league point or moving, they don't get auto-planked. Twice in the past two minutes, in fact, both while I was in the d-nav puzzle.

Is it a case of it never working, or working only sometimes?

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Hi! Since posting, I had it work once: while I was in Chart View.

That was the only time I've ever had auto-plank work.

I am assuming that it's still failing to auto-plank while one is in a puzzle.

(I'll keep trying when I have time and will report my findings here.)

I blog YPP!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by vortexae at Mar 7, 2008 2:02:38 PM]
[Mar 7, 2008 2:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
maxdsterling

I got a question about the Tell response
Can you also make that a sort of someone tells you Job me
And then you automatically job?
And if it can , can you maybe show me how? :D
Ty in advance

Turn on auto-jobbing, its in the options menu under the Pillage tab.

@ vortexae:

do you see the text show up in chat? the /plank <pirate> and the corresponding tell each time? or are parts missing?

I found that if i'm actively typing or playing a puzzle (sailing or dnav) with the keyboard, i may botch the plank because the initial [escape] character didn't get passed through (overwritten by my puzzling).
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children
[Mar 7, 2008 11:14:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

QuarterMaster II - Booty Reply to this Post

Am I the only one who only sees half the Booty Chest Total PoE in the QM Booty Manager window? I have noticed it a couple of times. I checked last night while pillaging and it showed half of what was there while on the voyage, and also when the booty was split. We did a 200K pillage (no losses), and there was 100K in the Booty for the split, but QM only showed 50K.

A couple of requests / suggestions for the Booty Manager:

- Flotilla pay, which would include TH pay and sinking bounties

- Blockade pay, which would include pay from each segment, and in the case of BK blockades, sinking bounties, buoy bounties, and TH

- Trade pay (why not ask for everything?) for each league's pay

I think all of this is available in the chat logs. You might need to set an internal flag or something to be able to track it and to know when to reset it. I don't think there is an easy way to get a Booty Chest Total for these unless you can determine the number of mates aboard the ship at the time of the payment. Even then it would probably be an estimate.

I note that the new release on Ice (released earlier this week) includes programmable chat keys. Once again, QM led the way, as it did with Blockade pay. Kudos to Tailspin!

Aarghbird, Captain of Rum by Gum on Cobalt

Edit to remove Atlantis TH booty count request since it seems to do that just fine
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Wheebiscuit at Mar 8, 2008 10:24:40 PM]
[Mar 8, 2008 9:06:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

@ vortexae:

do you see the text show up in chat? the /plank <pirate> and the corresponding tell each time? or are parts missing?

I found that if i'm actively typing or playing a puzzle (sailing or dnav) with the keyboard, i may botch the plank because the initial [escape] character didn't get passed through (overwritten by my puzzling).

I think I did see that once or twice, actually. You may have put your finger on it there. I wonder if there's anything can be done about it, given the way QM works?

Sorry not to return to the thread for so long. I actually came back to post about some auto-plank troubles I had this morning.

I turned on QM during a big crew SMH because it made it much easier to keep up with Officer chat. I love the way QM filters chat into different categories. Well. I swear to the Gods that PTB was NOT CHECKED! And yet when we came out of the fray to job more jobbers, QM started auto-planking everyone that got jobbed! I was soooooo embarrassed. I had to scroll up and find everyone I'd sent the "you have to ask PTB" tell to and apologize. It was disastrous and my crew was somewhat ticked at me. Oh, I'm sure they've forgiven me, but I'm still mentally squirming over it!

Now, I know that "auto-plank enabled" was checked in the options menu. But I would have thought, because checking PTB in the main interface causes a little box to jump up and say "auto-plank will happen! Beware!", that not checking PTB would have kept auto-plank from happening! Do I misunderstand how this functions, or is it a bug?

I blog YPP!
[Mar 15, 2008 5:11:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

I had a weird problem with QM today. I was using the auto-job feature for the first time in a while and every time it processed a jobbing request, it also toggled my chat history. You know how the button to the right of the chat line on the YPP client can switch you from a partial screen chat history, to full screen, to a fade-away view? Well it was cycling through them. Every job.

It made being JC rather difficult; I really needed that full screen chat log.

Help?

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Mar 15, 2008 6:05:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
maxdsterling

Barring the spam... [thanks to whomever deleted that...]

@ vortexae
The general concept makes a blanket assumption that pressing 'escape' brings you to the chat box. Now, from experience, I know this is not always the case, but it's impossible to detect the state of the client's focus via the logs, so QM makes the assumption that you are, and simulate pressing the [ESC] key before sending text. Not fixable... yet.

To your PTB issue, Despite checking and unchecking the PTB box on the front page, it seems it doesn't always (if ever) unchecks the corresponding option box. I know Soar knows about it, but this bug evades him. I personally double-check it every time myself too.

@ BlackBeth
This is a new one. I sure that QM doesn't simulate mouse movement or clicks. Now, because of the latest release (adding quick-keys), I'm edging towards blaming that (simulating a keystroke that toggles the chat view).

Double check that your java is on the latest version. Are you using XP or Vista?
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children
[Edit 1 times, last edit by maxdsterling at Mar 15, 2008 7:39:46 PM]
[Mar 15, 2008 7:39:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

To your PTB issue, Despite checking and unchecking the PTB box on the front page, it seems it doesn't always (if ever) unchecks the corresponding option box. I know Soar knows about it, but this bug evades him. I personally double-check it every time myself too.

So if I am ever using QM and do NOT want auto-planking to happen, I should disable it in the options and not just trust the front page of the interface to turn it off? OK, can do! Especially before boarding someone else's ship!

I blog YPP!
[Mar 15, 2008 9:43:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
dulcinea2168

I had a weird problem with QM today. I was using the auto-job feature for the first time in a while and every time it processed a jobbing request, it also toggled my chat history. You know how the button to the right of the chat line on the YPP client can switch you from a partial screen chat history, to full screen, to a fade-away view? Well it was cycling through them. Every job.

@ BlackBeth
This is a new one. I sure that QM doesn't simulate mouse movement or clicks. Now, because of the latest release (adding quick-keys), I'm edging towards blaming that (simulating a keystroke that toggles the chat view).

Actually, I've been having sort of the same problem, but it happens when I use the FO and Royalty chat features of QM. When I use those features the PP chat screen cycles through the no scroll, full screen scroll, regular scroll options. It's very disconcerting, not to mention annoying. I have only been having this problem since the latest update the other night.

I'll have to look into whether any of the new PP 'quick keys' may be causing this, though as of right now it just appears to be the Enter key that's the trigger, and that's a big prob. :(
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

[Mar 16, 2008 1:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gamegirl2168 [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Hmmmmm..

Lotsa troubles. Give me a few days to go through all this and see whats going on. Every now and then a PP update will change the way the chat client works slightly and I have to adjust QM accordingly. Not sure if thats the case here.

I'll see what I can see :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Mar 16, 2008 2:22:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WildCide

Is there somewhere I can get a version of QuarterMaster that has been updated with the new ships and stuff? I had assumed QM was no longer being developed since it has been so long since an update was posted to the main download site. However, after seeing the activity in this post I'm guessing I was wrong. So since the version available from http://www.oceaneer.com/QuarterMaster.html hasn't changed, is there another version/download site?
[Mar 22, 2008 10:16:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maxdsterling

Version 2.3 which is on Soar's site at the link you mentioned, is the latest version with info for the longship, Arabian ships, and Atlantis monsters.

Ships can be added to QM by the user by adding the the ship's info to the config.txt file and adding their bnav image to the images\ folder, which is why QM2 is considered "finished", as the community can maintain the ship database without Soar's help.

As I don't have access to newer vessels (a shopkeeper/drunkard rarely has time to spend money on fancy yachts that don't hold cargo/rum), I don't have the info for the ships.

However, because of the latest "bug", Soar may release a bugfix eventually.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children
[Mar 22, 2008 10:45:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vuurballekes

is it possible to put the atl monsters in the damage counter so you can save some cb's lol
vuurballeke on cerulean
[Mar 28, 2008 12:06:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

is it possible to put the atl monsters in the damage counter so you can save some cb's lol

Yes, although currently the only appear in the ship info rather than the damage counter.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vorky at Mar 28, 2008 6:26:57 PM]
[Mar 28, 2008 6:26:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenixC

I too am having the chat issue. For me it occurs when I use some of the auto chat keys.

Also where can I find a config file and image that has the xebec in it? Thank ye!

~~ Blazingnoob ~~
~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Do not meddle in the affairs of the Phoenix, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
[Apr 9, 2008 9:30:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treese

I think the chat issue first became apparent after the last game update. I'm thinking the devs did something different to the way the chat lines are toggled.

This is what I did to update my config file (along with where to find it) to include the xebec.

Looking at the info files found here:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Xebec

I have made some changes to my config file to Quartermaster, namely, adding the section listed below as [008] and numbering the ships listed below it the next higher number.

Below is what you can paste into your existing config file.
I have not tested the numbers yet, but i think they're at least pretty close to actual. If they're wrong, someone please let me know.

Simply cut and paste the below quoted text into config, just before ship [008] and renumber the ships listed below it the next number higher. If you don't feel comfortable messing with the config file, feel free to send me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you my config file that you can just save over top of your existing one.

Sorry guys, I have not added the artwork for the Xebec, since that requires more steps to load...And we should all already know what one looks like... I'll leave that up to the next official update from Soar.

***Important note: Changing your config file CAN cause Quartermaster not to work properly. If you are not into dabbling into the unknown, do not attempt this at home.

The devs of Quartermaster II will eventually put up an update, but it may take a while to see it, they are not actively working on the project, so updates are few and far between.

[008]
Xebec
xebec

HPS:075
RAM:005
MCW:45
RCW:25+
SLS:14
CRP:9
BLG:8
CAN:6
BLL:M
GUN:24
VOL:182,250
MSS:121,500
MXS:21
MXM:14
MXL:10.5
SKS:35
SKM:23.33
SKL:17.5

If you used the standard default location for your config file, you would navigate to the following location:
C: Quartermaster/Config

If yer a geek like me and changed the location to "program files" where ALL programs are on my computer, simply navigate to
C: Program Files/Quartermaster/Config.

Good luck!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by treese at Apr 10, 2008 9:17:14 PM]
[Apr 10, 2008 9:14:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Bakerboy1995

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support- crew id help Reply to this Post

I can not auto detect and the crew id # ain't working either please help I tried everything it said 4 crew id
[Apr 17, 2008 1:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maxdsterling

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support- crew id help Reply to this Post

Your answer has already been posted here
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children
[Apr 17, 2008 5:50:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
millerhall1

Xebec Config and Images Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates (+ treese),

I went ahead and cropped an image of the xebec to be used in conjunction with xebec update provided by treese. It's not perfect, as it contains the current name of my xebec, but this should be more than sufficient for most peoples needs. Simply copy the below files to their corresponding locations in your installation of quartermaster to be able to take advantage of my update.

+
- Fugue
[May 1, 2008 7:27:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treese

Re: Xebec Config and Images Reply to this Post

Woot, ty for the photo update Fuge!

Anyone got that text bug thing fixed yet?

I know it had to come from a recent game update, and I doubt we can get the fix to come from the game dev's side. I'm not by any means a coder, I'm a dabbler who touchy-feels based on common sense entries.

I guess I'm used to the text issue now, but it does get old when xo'ing a brigger or even flotilla.

I can try to play with it when i get a chance, but I'm split in so many different directions lately... gah! I'll let y'all know if i come up with anything though.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[May 1, 2008 10:50:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
domgrief

Hopefully this saves someone a bit of effort:

[fixed, thanks Sol_niger]

I've tried some photoshop jiggery to hack out millerhall1's ship name (no offense!), and have posted the results here:

QuarterMaster/images/XE.bmp
QuarterMaster/images/XEsm.bmp

Also, ye can replace everything from [008] in yer QM config.txt file with the following. The only change from treese's post is that I've rounded the damage numbers up, so they fit in the grid.

As treese noted, don't be dabbling with config files unless ye know what ye are doing, else ye may break it!

(leave everything else as is in yer config file up til here)
[008]
Xebec
xebec
XE.bmp
XEsm.bmp
HPS:070
MCW:45
RCW:25+
SLS:14
CRP:9
BLG:8
BLL:M
VOL:182,250
MSS:121,500
MXS:21
MXM:14
MXL:11
SKS:35
SKM:24
SKL:18
[009]
Merchant Galleon
merchgal
MG.bmp
MGsm.bmp
HPS:060
MCW:30
RCW:15+
SLS:9
CRP:14
BLG:14
CAN:3
BLL:L
GUN:14
VOL:405,000
MSS:270,000
MXS:18
MXM:12
MXL:9
SKS:30
SKM:20
SKL:15
[010]
War Frigate
warfrig
WF.bmp
WFsm.bmp
HPS:100
RAM:006
MCW:75
RCW:35+
SLS:18
CRP:18
BLG:12
VOL:324,000
MSS:215,000
MXS:30
MXM:20
MXL:15
SKS:50
SKM:34
SKL:25
[011]
Grand Frigate
grandfrig
GF.bmp
GFsm.bmp
HPS:120
RAM:008
MCW:159
RCW:60+
SLS:30
CRP:24
BLG:16
VOL:810,000
MSS:540,000
MXS:36
MXM:24
MXL:18
SKS:60
SKM:40
SKL:30
[012]
Triketos
monster
TK.bmp
SLsm.bmp
HPS:025
BTY:5-15k
AT1:Arrow (x2)
AT2:Ram
AT3:Super Ram
DM1:2
DM2:2
DM3:6
MN1:Double Fwd
MN2:
AB1:Healing Area
AB2:
SKS:13
SKM:9
SKL:7
REG:0.5
[013]
Gorgonyx
monster
GG.bmp
SLsm.bmp
HPS:050
BTY:20-35k
AT1:Arrow (x2)
AT2:Ram
AT3:Super Ram
DM1:4
DM2:4
DM3:12
MN1:Double Fwd
MN2:
AB1:Add Dragoons
AB2:
SKS:25
SKM:17
SKL:13
REG:1
[014]
Archelon
monster
AC.bmp
SLsm.bmp
HPS:100
BTY:40-60k
AT1:Ram
AT2:
AT3:
DM1:4
DM2:
DM3:
MN1:In-place Turn
MN2:Tidal Wave
AB1:Cast Net
AB2:Add Dragoons
SKS:50
SKM:34
SKL:25
RGN:2
----------
<<END>>

Domgrief of Sage (formerly Midnight)
Officer of the Shooting Stars of Sage
[Edit 2 times, last edit by domgrief at May 12, 2008 7:58:46 AM]
[May 5, 2008 4:32:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LubberMutiny

Here is a strange occurance. Every once in a while when I log on Quartermaster it adds myself to my own permanent blacklist... it's not really a problem just strange.
Menninger On Viridian
[May 5, 2008 9:30:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

Here is a strange occurance. Every once in a while when I log on Quartermaster it adds myself to my own permanent blacklist... it's not really a problem just strange.

Yes, I've found my name there as well and wondered how it had gotten there.

Edit: Possibly scenario. Have you ever had to log in with a new client due to your old one freezing while in battle?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vorky at May 5, 2008 9:33:52 PM]
[May 5, 2008 9:32:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maxdsterling

or you happily plank yourself... I know I do.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children
[May 5, 2008 11:14:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

Ok so I finally get around to updating my QM to include Xebecs...

As you can see it says in the yellow boxes max damage with Medium is 14, but in the damage counter it's telling me 15.... I checked the config file and its correct as far as I can tell..
So how comes it telling me I need one extra cb to max it there?
Davsbrander
[May 6, 2008 3:30:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sol_niger

Ahoy there,

In the config file, under the Xebec data just change "HPS:075" by "HPS:070". The Xebec have 70 hit points, not 75.
Cheers
Tristam on Sage
[May 6, 2008 4:37:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

Ahoy there,

In the config file, under the Xebec data just change "HPS:075" by "HPS:070". The Xebec have 70 hit points, not 75.
Cheers

Yup thats fixed it thankies =)
Davsbrander
[May 6, 2008 8:13:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dulcinea2168

So, with the addition of the new ocean, can we be expecting an update for QM II as a whole in a bit? Just curious, as it would suck not being able to use it for Malachite.
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

[May 7, 2008 6:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gamegirl2168 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates