• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 152
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 61004 times and has 151 replies Next Thread
zilenserz

Re: Animation Avatars - Win a Bia Doll! Reply to this Post

ooh nice contest ! awwww im too late lol ., i see what i cna do in the last... i have no idea what pirate time is compared to gmt....
----------------------------------------
Zilenserz on Hunter,
Sailing round in circles sincle April '07.

Duckling flag officer chats, "What is this RL"

[Apr 10, 2008 10:43:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

ooh nice contest ! awwww im too late lol ., i see what i cna do in the last... i have no idea what pirate time is compared to gmt....

Type '/info' while in the game to see the current time in PDT.

As of this post, there are just over 37 hours left for the contest.
[Apr 10, 2008 10:54:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poke_Me

Type '/info' while in the game to see the current time in PDT.

As of this post, there are just over 37 hours left for the contest.

so little time... working on an in depth background, may have to post it in the nick of time
Pokemey Houston sings I will always luff joo

Back to defend his Viridian Idol crown.
[Apr 10, 2008 12:02:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragon8562

You liked Spirited away so I'm sure you'll like the rest of Miyakazi's works.
So here's Princess Mononoke with a touch of Bia

Stuff Came up so I wasn't able to do everything I wanted with this avatar but I personally like it.
no longer in use
[Apr 10, 2008 12:44:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poke_Me

I decided to mix two inspirations into a little Bia cocktail, the first is Nausicaa and the valley of the wind I made a few changes, and added in a second piece of inspiration for the background, which after deciding howls moving castle was just too detailed to do it justice in a short period of time, I settled for a somewhat lacklustre laputas castle in the sky

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Poke_Me at Apr 10, 2008 5:49:27 PM]
[Apr 10, 2008 5:09:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hiphiphip

I decided not to enter due to lack of time and inspiration, however yesterday I went to a friend's house and watched Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and was soo inspired!

I hope 3D animation is also accepted :)

So here goes: Bia - Corpse Bride 's style <3 with 2 different croppings.

or

400x400 version:

and Click here for the much larger pre-cropped version
Hippihanni
[Apr 10, 2008 7:40:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lamour

I think this is my last entry.
Inspiration: ARALE! My Fav. <333333333333333
She rocks...Bia is the goddess of power, and Arale has all power! She can lift a house easily and can break the moon with a stone o.O

Youtube reference:
Arale comes to this world!

Yes, Trebuchet is wearing Gatchan's hairpiece and.....biting the wall as Gatchan always do XP.

Original

I admire Dora
Back and moved to midnight as Hudie ^^
Reopened my avvie shoppe
[Edit 2 times, last edit by lamour at Apr 11, 2008 3:57:15 AM]
[Apr 11, 2008 3:31:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poke_Me

Original

O me gee thats awesome Lamour. Love it

[Apr 11, 2008 3:39:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fireopal

I think this is my last entry.
Inspiration: ARALE! My Fav. <333333333333333
She rocks...Bia is the goddess of power, and Arale has all power! She can lift a house easily and can break the moon with a stone o.O

Youtube reference:
Arale comes to this world!

Yes, Trebuchet is wearing Gatchan's hairpiece and.....biting the wall as Gatchan always do XP.

Original

that's CUTE.
Salmagundi on Sage | Proxima on Malachite
The shoppe is closed for good.
Retired. I pay my dues to my mates.
[Apr 11, 2008 6:54:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24V

My inspiration this time was Anime...... also went along the lines of Bia aswell ie hair skin type ect

Larger pic

Rampage on Sage Emerald

I don't do many avatars now days but if you want to see some of my favorites click Here
[Apr 11, 2008 10:18:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yuukiko

jeje :P i hope its not late.....

this is the first time i participate in sth like this :P

im not sure if ill win or not, but the thing i wana know is that you and everyone else liked it :P

ohhhhh... doesnt it Trebuchet look so cute? jaja, with its cookie.. lol

this little cute monkey is from fruits basket, just with some diferent colors
and the Bia is from.... nowhere, thats the way i draw :P

Huray Anime! lol....

see ya!
Yuuji from Cerulean Ocean and Astrophil at Emerald!

Every puzzle has an answer.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Yuukiko at Apr 11, 2008 11:36:56 PM]
[Apr 11, 2008 2:48:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeeDeeIam

Went for a bit more old school. Inspiration was Jean Grey.

Smaller

DeeDeeIam, Siren's Song-Sage
Illium Eternae ;)
[Apr 11, 2008 9:44:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Um, like this is really necessary, but Muroni of Midnight.

I really wanted to do a firestar image of Bia, but lacked both the time and the talent. Obviously, I suck doing things by hand, but it was fun goofing off.

Bia, as Daphne from Scooby Doo. Maybe even an animated one later =P

Edit: In before the lock! This piece of manipulation just for fun, because I'm feeling extra silly.

Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by imwamphyr at Apr 11, 2008 11:46:57 PM]
[Apr 11, 2008 10:21:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Groshawk

Groshawk, Viridian.

Inspiration: Detective Conan/Case Closed (my favorite childhood cartoon ^_^)

Edit: The thread isn't closed yet...I'm taking the liberty to stick in one last edit. :( If this disqualifies me, so be it. Can't help being a steenking perfectionist.

Larger version:

Groshawk of Viridian
SO, Red Skies At Night
Current avvie by the wonderful Kolibri.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Groshawk at Apr 12, 2008 12:32:20 AM]
[Apr 11, 2008 11:59:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

I was busy covering the oceans, so now I shall close the contest. Judging shall likely take me a few days.

You may continue to discuss the entries if you wish, but please do not edit any posts.
[Apr 12, 2008 12:58:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeeDeeIam

Groshawk, Viridian.

Inspiration: Detective Conan/Case Closed (my favorite childhood cartoon ^_^)

Edit: The thread isn't closed yet...I'm taking the liberty to stick in one last edit. :( If this disqualifies me, so be it. Can't help being a steenking perfectionist.

Hawt! Love that. And my time stap on the forums looks like you made the deadline. Unless i'm adding my times wrong. Which is possible. *yawns*
DeeDeeIam, Siren's Song-Sage
Illium Eternae ;)
[Apr 12, 2008 8:06:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dcyborg

I still think the noses should make you disqualified! :-P
Dcyborg on Cerulean, Jade, Opal.. etc etc
[Apr 12, 2008 2:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dorothycyborg [Link]  Go to top 
oosa17

Billions of Blistering Blue Barnacles!!! There is some serious talent in here. How is Bia ever going to pick one out of all these fantastic works of art? I would have a panic at the thought of judging.

I'm a poet and I can't even begin to express how much I admire all of you artists.

Bravo!

Oosa

P.S. Thanks for the amazing event, Bia. I hope more events like this emerge--I have enjoyed reading the thread as a curious onlooker.
Goats wrote: 
I agree with Oosa ... regarding her views on bean burritos.

Jackflint wrote: 
using 100% taxes to weed out less successful stall owners is not good for the ocean

[Apr 12, 2008 7:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

I must say, it was quite difficult to do the judging. Over sixty avatars were entered into the contest, by more than thirty players, and all of them wonderful in some way. I enjoyed the choices and interpretations you each brought to the avatars and thank you all for entering.

I did not expect quite so many Miyazaki-inspired entries when I began the contest, but given his popularity and skill, that should not have surprised me. I did enjoy how different many of them are.

Perhaps the most surprising omissions were some obvious thematic choices, either for pirates (such as Treasure Planet or One Piece) or Greek Gods (such as Disney's Hercules). Even so, I enjoyed all of the animations that were chosen.

Honourable Mentions
  • Docktarte, Sage - Matches the Powerpuff Girls style very well. The text and background adds strongly to it.
  • Falmari, Midnight - An impressive seven avatars, but The Venture Bros. catches my eye the best
  • Gtmac, Cobalt - The Turnip Head avatar makes me smile. The flip-book makes me laugh.
  • Gwiddon, Sage - Very evocative of the Rugrats.
  • Rhodin, Viridian - I did laugh.

Runners Up - winning a Bia Egg
  • Chiichan, Sage - My only familiarity with Pippi Longstocking is from the 1988 feature film, so I shall have to take some time to watch the more recent animated series, which I did not previously know about.
  • Fogg, Sage - I am quite curious to see the inspiration for this avatar, but it does not seem to be available in my area, so I shall likely have to wait. The trailer looks very impressive.
  • Groshawk, Viridian - Very well done in Aoyama's style. The Japanese text is a very good touch.
  • Hippihanni, Sage - Trebuchet looks very mischievous. The framing of the first Avatar is very well done with the trees and the moon.
  • Lamour, Sage - An impressive collection overall. The two Miyazaki avatars match each of the movies very well, and the Dr. Slump one is extremely close to Toriyama's style.
  • Pogo, Midnight - A wonderful set of avatars that each fit the animation style chosen very well while still retaining a distinct sense of me
  • Sancha, Midnight - A well done introduction to a new piece of animation that I shall have to try.
  • Silveransom, Sage - I do hope I shall not have to detach my own arm at any point. The patchwork Trebuchet is wonderful.

Winners of the Bia dolls
  • Pareia, Viridian - Extremely polished and well reminiscent of the Roger Rabbit style. It certainly catches the eye.
  • Salmagundi, Sage - Perhaps my favourite avatar, both for series and for how well it matches the style of Kim Possible.

Again, thank you to everyone who entered.
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Bia at Apr 24, 2008 4:35:13 AM]
  • [Apr 24, 2008 4:32:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SilveRansom

Perhaps the most surprising omissions were some obvious thematic choices, either for pirates (such as Treasure Planet or One Piece) or Greek Gods (such as Disney's Hercules). Even so, I enjoyed all of the animations that were chosen.

Is that a request? ;)
    Silveransom
    makes art like this or this &
    Blender Eggs!
    [Apr 24, 2008 8:26:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
    hiphiphip

woot thank you so much Bia for the fun event :P
    I wanted to do an animated One piece Bia - who ate a devil fruit called Baki Baki (i.e. Bake off fruit) and has a special ability of making hundreds of duty stations in one finger snap :P (Ok, seriously, I should stop reading this comic, it's getting to me >.>) But I didn't have the time to make it so I had to drop the idea :P
    Anyhow, it is a great surprise to be one of the runner ups, since there are so many awesome entries ^^
    Hippihanni
    [Apr 24, 2008 10:07:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Poke_Me

While Disappointed not to get a mention, I have no qualms about the winners, some absilutely fine avatars indeed.

Poke,
    will try harder next time.

[Apr 24, 2008 10:29:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    ddraigeneth

Rugrats just seemed like too fun a choice to pass up--thanks for the mention. ^_^
    Next time a contest like this comes along, I'll have to find the time to play more (and hopefully have my tablet repaired...</3 scanning)
    Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
    DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
    [Apr 24, 2008 12:44:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    starsapphire

Twas a fun contest!! I really liked how Dr. Girlfriend turned out as well!! It was hard to stop comming up with ideas..I kept wanting to post more!! 'Gratz to the winners
    Falmari on all Oceans

In water they had great delight, and those that came at last to the western shores were enamoured of the sea.
    [Apr 24, 2008 1:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    fireopal

/me blinks. I won a doll??

SQUEE, Bia! :D Thank you so much for running the hospitable and fun avatevent! Now if only I could hold dolls in portraits...

And kudos to Fizz for the rad Futurama avatar!! I don't get how I missed it before. :) Looks like now we have people to pose with Bia so we can finally finish that YPPedia page on portrait items.
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by fireopal at Apr 24, 2008 4:14:04 PM]
    [Apr 24, 2008 3:52:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

Thanks goes out to Bia for hosting this fine event. It got my artistic juices flowing. I had fun creating the 3 that I did. (started one based on Powerpuff Girls, but didn't like how it was turning out.)

Thank you to Salmagundi for the shout out. :D From one artist to another, that means a lot to me. <3
    Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
    [Apr 24, 2008 5:03:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    fireopal

Yarrrr, from one artist to another. :D I forgot how to draw Leela, but I'm so glad that's justified.
    [Apr 24, 2008 5:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Tennveil

Woot a doll! :D This has been the most fun contest to watch. So many of my favorite avatars were made in this thread! (give out moar dolls plz) Bia's never going to run out of avatars at this rate.

One day, that doll collection of me and Kolibri's will finally be complete... one doll at a time ¬¬

[Apr 24, 2008 5:36:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    graydarka

Oh wow! I didn't expect to place with so many wonderful entries. Congrats to everyone! Thanks so much for the egg! :D I promise not to turn you into an omelet.
    Sancha, High Priestess to the God JR, Ironside, Midnight. Avatar by me.

Leif flag officer chats "I've never laughed so hard I had a vowel movement"

WWJRD?
    covert avatarium operator
    [Apr 24, 2008 5:58:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    swimer2

Glad to see all my favorite entries mentioned- congratulations to the winners, and nice work everybody :D
    Admire, Hunter Ocean.

[Apr 24, 2008 6:51:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates