• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 152
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 60995 times and has 151 replies Next Thread
24V

Re: Animation Avatars - Win a Bia Doll! Reply to this Post

My second go :)

My insperation was lola bunny + puzzle pirates for the clothing and of course the feather pen ........

I originally designed the writing so it would fade after it had been written but i completely ran out of room due to the fact that you are allowed 60 kbs max for the avatar size.... image quality was also compromised but none the less i think it looks good.

Below is the making of Lola to show its ALL my own work done as an animation to save space on my post.

I did not include the animation of the feather as its over 80 frames long.

----------------------------------------
Rampage on Sage Emerald

I don't do many avatars now days but if you want to see some of my favorites click Here
[Apr 3, 2008 3:33:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sherrieart

Wow Rampage that's Awesome ^^

Any chance of doing me one???

Thats is when you have a few hours free....

Bunny Girl Lola with feathers (Feather Fan dancer) of course..... I guess you couldn't fit my name in with feather writing :( its tooo long

Yeah I know I'm a Cheeky Moo... but no harm in Asking! Groveling! etc etc..... lol

Nah seriously I love this entry, Good Luck! ^^
Ticklemfancy of sage.
[Apr 3, 2008 9:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maeby

Princess Jasmine ! Bia.

Countess / Sage
Countess (Sage)
[Apr 4, 2008 7:37:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    K8MAB71 [Link]  Go to top 
24V

Keeping it pretty simple with this one using a cartoon type character and some animation :)
(character made in poser)
Rampage on Sage Emerald

I don't do many avatars now days but if you want to see some of my favorites click Here
[Apr 4, 2008 4:13:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24V

Wow Rampage that's Awesome ^^

Any chance of doing me one???

Thats is when you have a few hours free....

Sure i can send me a PM and we see what we can do Bia's GIF took me over 12 hours tho /me rolls eyes
Rampage on Sage Emerald

[Apr 4, 2008 5:11:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24V

My next entry......

my inspiration this tine was Jasmin from aladdin and also with the newly released Seahorse Familiar i decided to add that into my theme aswell :)

As always i have made a GIF just to prove that I 100% drew this........

Rampage on Sage Emerald

[Apr 5, 2008 5:57:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Rampage, it is okay to edit your previous posts (if it is within the limit of 3 days) to add more entries.
Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Apr 5, 2008 8:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PdRG

How does this prove you made this 100% from scratch, at all? The previous one was also pre-made and dragged into animation shop. No offense, but I can tell.
Portiaa
Sage / Celestial Navigation
[Apr 5, 2008 9:18:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kirppu1

All I wonder is, why don't you make bia look like bia.. you know, brown skin and red hair? You could have better chance to win that way :)
~Kirppu on the Meridian ocean~
Current avatar by Mangouste!
[Apr 5, 2008 9:31:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24V

How does this prove you made this 100% from scratch, at all? The previous one was also pre-made and dragged into animation shop. No offense, but I can tell.

well i do take offence at it, the reason i made the making of my work is so i did not get comments like this no one else has bothered showing there workings and because i do i get slated for it why ??? ALL 3 of my entrys was 100% created by me on my pc .... using = Daz studio, poser, paint shop pro and a wacom art tablet why not take a look here this is some more of my work but i must have stolen that to huh

i really do not know why i bothered, infact i dont think i will bother making any more after the one in drawing right now im a 33 and a father of 4 i really dont need to prove my self to you or anyone i know i made those images and thats all that really matters. Oh by the way if i took the images and dropped them into animation shop then please find the images i used on the net somewhere anywhere or better still take any image from the net and drop it into animation shop and see if you can get it to move.

just for everyones infomation for those people who dont know how animation shop works ...... my avatar with the feather is over 60 frames long that means i had to make 60 pictures all slightly different and then load them into animation shop and set the frame rate ... my last image is (jasmin) is 36 frames long just to get the bubbles to move its a pain in the booty! but the end result is worth it the girl with her head turning was all made in daz studio ........ so any more comments can now be informed comments.

this is the reason im annoyed, i can take criticism well, but i really dont like slander
Rampage on Sage Emerald

[Apr 5, 2008 11:01:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I have Animation Shop. It came free with Paint Shop Pro and its only step up over what I had before (Ulead Gif animator, the free trial version downloaded 9 years ago) was that it actually has an undo button. It's okay for things that only have three frames, like my current avatar, but for the things you're describing, you really ought to get Flash. It's quite a bit pricier than the stuff you have, but really, nothing does what Flash does for free.

Everyone here that did a passable job probably referenced something. I even referenced Trogdor, mostly to be sure I got the number of spines and such correct. The S-shaped body and beefy arm were a given. >.> But, I tied it to Bia and Y!PP by making the dragon Bia-colored and adding pigtails and a greenie to burninate. There aren't any peasants or thatched-roof cottages in Y!PP. It wouldn't have made sense to straight-up copy Trogdor, no matter how awesome that would be. Bia could just screenie the cartoon and come up with a better avatar than I could ever draw, thus defeating the whole point of the contest. Look through the other entries. You should notice that most people added Bialike touches, such as the red hair in pigtails, the well-tanned skin, and the navy, gold, and black wardrobe.

The problem everyone's having with your work is that there's too much Disney and Warner and not enough Y!PP. Make them more piratey. Why not ape Peter Pan or the PotC cartoon art that pops up on school supplies and in graphic novels? Looney Tunes had plenty of shipboard episodes. Use those for your inspiration. Oh, and be sure to have plenty of well-tanned redheads.

Of course, this is only popular opinion. If Bia likes your work, then you get the doll and we get to tart until she locks the thread. Keep entering, but consider cutting a tiny bit further away from your inspirations on the next one.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Apr 5, 2008 1:55:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
sherrieart

Hi Benzene

Thanks for the constructive critisism, I think this is what Rampage prefers. I have kept pretty quiet about this so far ( due to ill health I rarely get onto PP any more )....ooops forgot to say I am Rampages Wife.

Regarding programs used in Rampages art - We own a range of software including the full macromedia suite, maya, max, bryce, poser, various photoshops, paintshop pros, painter just to name a few.

For these cartoons Rampage thought it was not politically correct to use expensive software - as many members do not have such luxuries.

As for these cartoons not being PP orientated - I guess I can see where you are coming from - Rampage has obviously been far to subtle

Bugs - Different carrot, slight change in main lines, colour, and facial features etc

Lola - Notice she has a PP type earing & dress and the feather in her hair I also believe in in keeping with PP ( the feather in was put in at my suggestion "I take the blame for that" )..

Girl showing animated font - She is a Redhead, no she does not have dark skin. Rampage wanted to keep this one simple in colour an just concentrate on making Bia's name stand out.

Jasmine - Rampage used a colour scheme I suggested ( me being a girlie - he thought I knew best "obviously not in this case" ) Jasmine also has slight differences in her linework in order to make it stand out in such small pixels. Rampage is used to working at 7500x7500 at 300DPI minimum usually - this was quite a challange working on an image so small. Jasmine also has PP pirate earings, the sea horse was based on one from little mermaid I think - "my daughter has it on DVD and said it looks cute" - I again am responsible for requesting the colours used in the sea horse.

I have insight to the next image rampage is making (2 days in process at the moment) She is also a redhead, she is manga based, a media Rampage has never tried before - she does so far have pale skin but this kinda looks better on a redhead, she appears quite piratey so far and thats all Im going to say about her......I have probably given away too much already......No cups of tea for me tonight!!!!!!

One final thing, Rampage doesnt proclaim to be a proffessional artist, he is student of life, art and the universe - as we all are....

His free time is spent usually doing what I call very masculin pieces, dark fantasy or landscape based - this is why he call upon the girlies of the houshold for the colour inspiration - I just wish we had kept out mouths shut as it makes us feel responsible for what has happened.

At the end of the day Rampage entered this contest in the spirit of fun and self development - yeah of course he'd love a Bia doll!!! who wouldnt.

I would like to stress - Rampage and I do appreciate your contructive critic - a good critic like yours helps a budding artist grow.

Slanderous remarks said in other posts by un-named persons are not welcomed

My best wishes to you Benzene :)
Ticklemfancy of sage.
[Apr 5, 2008 5:24:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

I know i won;t win but i put lots of effort and had fun XD

Any suggestions?
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Apr 5, 2008 8:02:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sherrieart

I know i won;t win but i put lots of effort and had fun XD

Any suggestions?

Very cute :)

Are the people in the background the crew?

I guess the only minor changes that could be made would be to try make Bia, the familiar and her name more prominant. reduce the amount in the background but make the faces you keep maybe a little larger

The detail in your work show alot of effort, and dont put yourself down - you did your best - you had fun - and I guess learned alot during the creation - all these things are too your credit. I personnally look forward to seeing your future contest entries

Weldone and Good Luck :)
Ticklemfancy of sage.
[Apr 5, 2008 8:33:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Thanks for all the sugestions. Improved Version.

Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ilyarus2004 at Apr 5, 2008 11:34:45 PM]
[Apr 5, 2008 11:24:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fireopal

Finally I believe I am finished!!
Must I reassure that my piece is obviously and intentionally original? Although this might not stand up to Pogo or Pareia in the long run, I worked hard and I am pleased with my entry. Coloring was the best part. :)

Shego Bia:

Shego is working it flame in hand (flame that I tried to make look like ectoplasm)
If I have time I might come around and shade a little. Kim Possible isn't really an animation style that shades, but hey, I'll try and work it.
The reason why my first avatar looks awkward it because there's a huge space in the bottom left hand corner (I wanted to include Trebuchet). And believe me, Trebbie does NOT look good as a naked mole rat. Blecch!
In the meantime, can people please give me some input before the contest closes?
Salmagundi on Sage | Proxima on Malachite
The shoppe is closed for good.
Retired. I pay my dues to my mates.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by fireopal at Apr 6, 2008 2:50:46 PM]
[Apr 6, 2008 2:46:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24V

Very nice :D i like it thats my favorite one so far
Rampage on Sage Emerald

[Apr 6, 2008 4:53:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fireopal

Whew. Thank goodness!
I was very scared to outline the drawing with color, but coloring it over with darker shades in the end was the most rewarding part. I don't know how worthy it is of winning but I'm very happy and I thank Bia for giving me a shot at making an OM potentially happy.
[Apr 6, 2008 5:13:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goox

Pareia, Viridian

Bia's not bad :O She's just drawn that way.

Inspiration!

I believe this one should win, Looks like a lot of time was put into it.

...and good taste!
Ultimate SFer in Viridian
[Apr 7, 2008 6:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

Gwiddon on Sage

Inspiration:

Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Apr 7, 2008 7:53:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marielking

Yay! This was my first thought when I first saw that you wanted a known animation. :P

Pirate: Docktarte of Sage

Inspiration: PowerPuff Girls

Drawn by hand, then colored in MSPaint. This is how I avoid studying for life-dictating exams. :D
Docktarte of Sage Emerald Obsidian

[Apr 7, 2008 9:06:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lamour

WOW...I haven't look here for like a couple of weeks and sooooo many awesome entries here!
That's quite impressive!
I hesitate to present my humble work I did this evening lol...shouldn't have started so close to the deadline.

Here is my first entry, I think I will work on another one tomorrow lol It's so great that you can post as many entries as you can!

Inspiration? Simpson

Lamour on Sage
I admire Dora
Back and moved to midnight as Hudie ^^
Reopened my avvie shoppe
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Bia at Apr 9, 2008 3:06:59 AM]
[Apr 8, 2008 6:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mirue

Done in the style of Persepolis. Did it with both short hair and long because, hey, you never know.

EDIT:
I animated the avatar. After all, why settle for animation when you can Bianimated. (I crack myself up. :P)

I can animate the short hair one too if the need arises.

Submitted by: Mirue on Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mirue at Apr 8, 2008 9:17:52 PM]
[Apr 8, 2008 5:28:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

I can animate the short hair one too if the need arises.
Submitted by: Mirue on Midnight

I think you should animate them both to be scrolling in the same one.. might make it look like the hair is growing or being cut... however you set it up.
Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Apr 8, 2008 9:40:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lamour

Muhaha
One entry per day.
This is what I did this afternoon.
Well in a Kiki's Delivery Service style.
I think I prefer Japanese animes, esp. Miyazaki's.

Original:

Yes I moved the bird. I don't want the corner to be umpty ^^.
I admire Dora
Reopened my avvie shoppe
[Apr 9, 2008 3:56:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Silveransom on Sage, and elsewhere

I'm surprised nobody has tried this yet. Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Biafore Christmas"

...I've got other ideas I want to try, but I may run out of time. I had to squeeze this one in while I still could. Excellent contest, Bia!
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SilveRansom at Apr 9, 2008 5:40:25 PM]
[Apr 9, 2008 5:28:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
fireopal

Silveransom on Sage, and elsewhere

I'm surprised nobody has tried this yet. Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Biafore Christmas"

...I've got other ideas I want to try, but I may run out of time. I had to squeeze this one in while I still could. Excellent contest, Bia!

Oooooh, very good indeed! Diggity, so many good entries. I willingly face my downfall.
[Apr 9, 2008 5:59:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Bia Boop

Inspired by this classic pose: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Betty_Boop_patent_fig1.jpg

Edit: Better scan.
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Edit 3 times, last edit by joandart at Apr 10, 2008 2:21:54 PM]
[Apr 9, 2008 10:25:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lamour

Spirited away
hmmmm

Original

Don't know why, but the color of the big pic is a little weird....
Does it have anything to do with the output process? meh..
I admire Dora
Reopened my avvie shoppe
[Apr 10, 2008 7:10:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yukinon

Here is Bia as Chiyochan from Azumanga Daioh..
presenting, Biachan!

Ok, I made two versions.. one with the hair attached and one with the hair deattaching..

I just want to say that this was a very fun contest, and I am very impressed by all the nice entries here.
I don't normally enter creative contests, and I don't normally draw or anything as I generally have no artistic talent. This contest just inspired me to try though, as I am a big fan of azumanga daioh.

Aand, just have to say... Pippi is my favorite!

Lastly, a couple of fun inspiration links:
Osaka on Chiyochan's pigtails
Chiyochan's cooking song
--
Yukinon, Midnight
[Edit 3 times, last edit by yukinon at Apr 10, 2008 12:25:38 PM]
[Apr 10, 2008 10:36:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates