• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 152
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 38204 times and has 151 replies Next Thread
Bia
OceanMaster

The Pick-Your-Puzzle Bake-Off - Three familiars on every ocean! Reply to this Post

Event Host: Minthe
Participation Limit: Approximately 158 total and 60 per puzzle
Schedule
Cobalt - Monday, March 17
Hunter - Tuesday, March 18
Midnight - Wednesday, March 19
Sage - Thursday, March 20
Viridian - Friday, March 21
Time: 8pm, PDT
Note that the West Coast of the United States is now on Daylight Saving time. Check the current time for the oceans by typing '/info'.

Participation
  • This event will not be broadcast. Players will not be jobbed. Tells will not be answered.
  • At 8pm, an event will be posted, accessible on the Notice Board. You just need to click to join.
  • The event is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are late, you may have to wait for someone to leave. If you leave, your spot may be taken.
  • The event will be posted for ten minutes. Another five or ten minutes may be added, depending on participation.
  • Once aboard, take your chosen station. Again, this is a first-come, first-serve basis. If you leave your station, someone else may take it.
  • Sailing Stations should be above decks. Carpentry stations should be below decks. Bilging stations will be in the cabin rooms.

Rules
  • The bake-off will take place in sea battle. You must puzzle for the duration of the round. Players who are not on a station may be planked.
  • The first round will last for approximately ten minutes.
  • The duty report upon returning to the island is what will determine placement.
  • The top ten for each station will advance to the semi-finals.
  • Players who do not advance may remain aboard, but must remain quiet and may not puzzle.
  • The semi-final round will last for ten minutes.
  • The top three will advance to the finals.
  • The finals will last for fifteen minutes.

Prizes
  • Prizes will be given for the top ten spots at each puzzle.
  • First place is a familiar - A parrot for sailing, a monkey for carpentry, and an octopus for bilging.
  • Other prizes will be determined.
    ----------------------------------------
  • [Mar 11, 2008 2:08:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    AdmiralKrieg

Re: The Pick-Your-Puzzle Bake-Off - Three familiars on every ocean! Reply to this Post

Fun!

Are the familiars coloured?
    Barrelboy
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by AdmiralKrieg at Mar 11, 2008 2:17:14 AM]
    [Mar 11, 2008 2:14:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Bia
    OceanMaster

Re: The Pick-Your-Puzzle Bake-Off - Three familiars on every ocean! Reply to this Post

Fun!

Are the familiars coloured?

Yes.
    [Mar 11, 2008 2:34:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Scrappyilse

ahhhhhh Too bad it will be at 4am European time :(

Have fun everyone who can participate!
    ~regards, Ilse~
    Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
    Obsidian Ocean:
    Scrapper
    [Mar 11, 2008 2:44:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
    mari_

/e sighs at yet another bake off being at a non-euro friendly time :(
    Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
    Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
    [Mar 11, 2008 3:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    GreatBob

11pm for East Coasters, 3am for the UK and 4am for most of Europe. On a weeknight as well, thats awesome. Keep up the awesome times for events.
    Penguinpaste, SO of Polaris, Obsidian. Dark side.

[Mar 11, 2008 3:43:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Squashbuckle

Does this mean that Hunter's Bakeoff Bonanza (an incredibly similar event), scheduled to run a mere 4 days after your bakeoff, will be delayed a while so we don't have two identical bakeoffs so close together?
    Polly
    Hunter
    Captain of Flocktarts

[Mar 11, 2008 4:21:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Bia
    OceanMaster

Does this mean that Hunter's Bakeoff Bonanza (an incredibly similar event), scheduled to run a mere 4 days after your bakeoff, will be delayed a while so we don't have two identical bakeoffs so close together?

I do not see any reason for that. Player events are run based on player willingness and availability. Similarly, I am able to run events as my schedule allows. More opportunities is a good thing for the enjoyment of everyone.
    [Mar 11, 2008 4:35:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    AdmiralKrieg

11pm for East Coasters, 3am for the UK and 4am for most of Europe. On a weeknight as well, thats awesome. Keep up the awesome times for events.

Perfect for us Aussies.
    Barrelboy
    [Mar 11, 2008 4:53:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jolyma

Wheee! One I can make!

<3 Bia!
    Jolyma

[Mar 11, 2008 4:54:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Picklebeard6

Looks like fun!
    Picklebeard O' the Hunter Ocean!
    [Mar 11, 2008 6:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Benzene265

A bakeoff on Rhodin Day!!! Best present, ever!
    A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
    Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
    [Mar 11, 2008 7:08:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
    Talisker

Shoot, i can make that. Little late, but not awful. I'm glad to see one of these!
    Leif
    The Forums
    Gunnermooch wrote: 
    I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
    [Mar 11, 2008 9:43:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jezzebel

Haha. Cobalt's is 8pm on St. Patrick's Day.

I don't know if I'm more worried about the Ringers being plastered or the contestants. :D
    Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
    Thebloggess wrote: 
    A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Mar 11, 2008 10:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    WenchCleo

I heartily endorse more bake-offs at times that I can attend!

<3 Bia!
    Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
    Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
    This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Mar 11, 2008 11:15:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fiadys

I'm assuming that gunnrery isn't allowed? ^.^
    Hope to make it :D
    [Mar 11, 2008 11:37:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Sunwife

That's approximately 12:00 AM here...
    And I gotta wake up at 5:00 AM, the same day (I am a pirate! why'd I have to go to school???)...

/me grabs a bottle of Coke and a cup of cofee!

Nice bakeoff xP
    Silmeria of Emerald.

/e reads:
    "Your Experience in Carpentry (went down and) is now Novice!"
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Sunwife at Mar 11, 2008 11:57:40 AM]
    [Mar 11, 2008 11:53:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    lipper

Sailing Stations should be above decks. Carpentry stations should be below decks. Bilging stations will be in the cabin rooms.

Where's the <3 for gunning!?!

/e quietly sobs and gives Bia puppy eyes

I know I'm aware that gunning bake offs are hard to pull off

/e sighs

Great Event tho! Like always ^_^
    ~I support our Oceans fine Artists!~
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by lipper at Mar 11, 2008 12:04:30 PM]
    [Mar 11, 2008 12:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    barrelmonkey

I love you.
    [Mar 11, 2008 12:34:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    calorifere

Just curious:

What's the point of having multiple rounds if everybody can puzzle in the first round? Wouldn't it make more sense to have only 1 round that lasts 30 minutes and have the rankings at the end be the final rankings?
    Hatchetback
    Senior Officer of Fifth Fist of th'Misfits
    [Mar 11, 2008 2:56:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tanonev

The Sunday before this set of bake-offs has yet another bake-off at noon PDT, which should be at least passable for Europe (~8pm).
    Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
    Puppetar by Tilinka
    [Mar 11, 2008 3:20:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
    xqin

can we choose the colour for the familiar?
    what ship are we using?
    Dar on Emerald
    [Mar 11, 2008 5:43:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    barrelmonkey

Can we choose the new colors for the familiar?
    [Mar 11, 2008 6:12:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tanonev

Incidentally, for bilge, will this...er...technique be allowed? (Will it be relevant?)
    Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
    Puppetar by Tilinka
    [Mar 11, 2008 7:01:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
    Bia
    OceanMaster

Incidentally, for bilge, will this...er...technique be allowed? (Will it be relevant?)

I cannot see any way to prevent it.

However, the vessel will likely have at least 40 people on bilge in the first round. If the water level ever raises above the baseline, I will be quite surprised. For subsequent rounds, if the water starts to go up, I do not believe it would drop again such that a crab would clear in this fashion.

Familiar colours may be chosen.
    [Mar 11, 2008 7:39:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Deborah

Thank you, Bia!

*m3 attempts to do better than 9th this time 'round
    Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
    Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
    Hermes says, "We go down easily."
    [Mar 12, 2008 12:00:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Whitemary

*Cries and cries and cries and criiies at the time* Pretty please do a Euro-friendly fami bake-off soon? It's like you don't love us at all!
    Senior Officer and Raving Lunatic of Arsenic Cocktail
    Lady of Tyr's Own
    [Mar 12, 2008 3:50:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cieve

The only consolation with the 3am time is that my ocean is on a Friday.

Looking forward to it if if I can wake up in time. :P
    Reichi
    [Mar 12, 2008 5:32:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Tetrella

What is the time in comparison to daylight savings?

For example...3 hours earlier. I dunno. please answer....somebody
    [Mar 12, 2008 6:03:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

What is the time in comparison to daylight savings?

For example...3 hours earlier. I dunno. please answer....somebody

your friend
    Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
    [Mar 12, 2008 7:11:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates