• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 663 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
jasandrea

Minor Chat Suggestion -- "too busy" messages Reply to this Post

The "X is Ying and may be too busy to reply" messages are useful, but fair to middling annoying if you're managing to both Y and hold a conversation at the same time.

It'd be much nicer if the auto-reply was only sent out the first time it was needed in a given conversation. Things that might count as a new first time would be if X switched to a different activity, if X started a new game, if X changed scenes, if X or the person sending tells to X logged off and back on again, etc, so it wouldn't eliminate the auto-replies entirely, but it'd sure be nice for a couple of people who are both playing carousing puzzles to be able to have a conversation without the constant additional chatspam.

(Yes, I searched on this. Yes, I imagine it's already been suggested and I just didn't find it. Yes, I imagine Faulkston will be along momentarily to show me the error of my search-fu.)

----------------------------------------
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Jan 28, 2008 2:35:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Minor Chat Suggestion -- "too busy" messages Reply to this Post

It was proposed in the minor game design annoyances thread:
Minor Game Design annoyances (Idea Links):Chat:Channels:Send the auto-response once then not again until it is changed or the recipient doesn't send a tell for at least 5 minutes

Faulkston,
meta-linky
[Jan 28, 2008 7:43:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
jasandrea

Re: Minor Chat Suggestion -- "too busy" messages Reply to this Post

Thanks, Faulkston.

Sigh. Normally I have good google-fu, but when it comes to Game Design suggestions, I find it hard to narrow the field appropriately. Searching 'chat auto reply' only in Game Design still turned up hundreds of results.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Jan 30, 2008 7:50:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates