• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 135
Posts: 135   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10835 times and has 134 replies Next Thread
KoshMom

Blacksmithing puzzle Reply to this Post

I figured it would need a thread. Have at!
----------------------------------------
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Jul 17, 2007 1:59:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

Re: Blacksmithing puzzle Reply to this Post

I'll start.

ZOMG! ur ruining the game! i cant git orders made anymor! u suk, i quit! u should jus call the game poker pirates.
[Jul 17, 2007 2:05:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

I figured it would need a thread. Have at!

Yes, it has its own YPPedia page already:

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blacksmithing

And for those that don't follow Ice, there's a tremendous amount of discussion in this thread:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=68748

ZOMG! ur ruining the game! i cant git orders made work anymor! u suk, i quit! u should jus call the game poker pirates blacksmiths .

fixed ;)
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DreadedChris at Jul 17, 2007 2:08:56 PM]
[Jul 17, 2007 2:06:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

Woot! I didn't get a chance to test it all that much on Ice but I'm happy to see it on the production oceans. Now if only we could get more than one labour hour per game......
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Jul 17, 2007 2:24:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Woot! I didn't get a chance to test it all that much on Ice but I'm happy to see it on the production oceans. Now if only we could get more than one labour hour per game......

That has been suggested for active labor systems, but those would generally require that all the crafting puzzles be implemented first.
[Jul 17, 2007 2:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Heh, well there went any chance of sailing tonight, noticeboard meet iron monger.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Jul 17, 2007 2:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

I had a feeling this would happen. Way too premature. As much as I love this puzzle, there are still quite a few complaints that haven't been addressed at all in the Ice release discussion thread.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 17, 2007 2:46:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

I had a feeling this would happen. Way too premature. As much as I love this puzzle, there are still quite a few complaints that haven't been addressed at all in the Ice release discussion thread.

The gameplay is ready, and it needed to be released to see how the scoring curve works in the production oceans, since it will take a while to see how stable the rankings are.

It would have been good if we had gotten any feedback regarding the aesthetic issues, but I'd rather the game be released first, so that OOO can do some data collection to determine if any gameplay changes need to happen.
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Jul 17, 2007 3:13:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

I haven't had a chance to log in and test it yet.

I just have to say that I think Cleaver is trying to compete with his fellow Brit, what with this not being the first time a major release has coincided with a Harry Potter book.

:P
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jul 17, 2007 3:25:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Please just tell me the Ult trophy is turned off. I don't want another bullbarnacle trophy. God damn Treasure Haul.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Jul 17, 2007 3:27:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Julephenia wrote: 

I just have to say that I think Cleaver is trying to compete with his fellow Brit, what with this not being the first time a major release has coincided with a Harry Potter book.

I'm still hoping for sea monsters by Friday.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 17, 2007 3:30:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
lbm

it's COOL!!!!! I am excited! I have played enough to be satisfied that I can understand and perform well at it. (unlike the distillery puzzle!) I will wait until the novelty wears off a bit before I get too seriously competetive at it. :P

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Jul 17, 2007 3:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

too early to tell about the ult trophy, but there is definitely no Inc trophy yet.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Jul 17, 2007 3:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Julephenia wrote: 

I'm still hoping for sea monsters by Friday.

That was the plan, but they are behind schedule. You'll have until Monday to finish the book.

No, of course I don't actually have the schedule. Pure speculation at work. Not even serious speculation. And why are you selecting blank parts of this post anyway?
[Jul 17, 2007 3:46:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arcturus
Developer

Please just tell me the Ult trophy is turned off..

The Ultimate and Incredible trophies for Blacksmithing are disabled until the ratings stabilize.
[Jul 17, 2007 4:20:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

The Ultimate and Incredible trophies for Blacksmithing are disabled until the ratings stabilize.

<3 so much!

Now if I could find a way to get rid of the TH trophy >_>
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Jul 17, 2007 4:59:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tennveil

I've been wondering, does time affect the score?
[Jul 17, 2007 5:03:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

I've been wondering, does time affect the score?

No.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 17, 2007 5:07:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
abalia

Wow, I absolutely love it! Great job to everyone involved. I've had fun playing it already, and can't wait to play more once the scores balance out. Definitely worth the wait!

I sure don't mind the business at my IM shoppe either. :)
Senior Officer of Wyvern's Pride, Broadsiders
Owner of Sand Beneath Your Sheath, Zeta, Midnight
[Jul 17, 2007 6:22:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ionakana

This is providing great labour in my stalls ;)

It is a very fun puzzle, already I am at legendary and have had a few increds, have yet to clear the whole boar though
[Jul 17, 2007 6:33:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
margara

Will only new orders placed since the update require puzzling or will existing orders before the patch require puzzling to complete as well?

Being summer I can see a lot of people not being around and IM work has always been one that non-puzzlers do and therefore, just log in once a week to renew their labour.

Good puzzle though, yar!

Margara
[Jul 17, 2007 6:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Now if I could find a way to get rid of the TH trophy >_>

1) Delete Pirate (after giving me all your possessions)

2) Restart Pirate.

Oldschool puzzling! You know you want to... =P
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jul 17, 2007 6:52:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Okay, I'm up to Ult on 2 oceans, that's an indicator of stability, right? Right? Huh, huh, huh?

...I blame the temporary insanity on the blacksmithing board colors. You stare at them for 4 straight hours and tell me you're still sane. Hah!
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 17, 2007 7:17:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

rixation wrote: 
Okay, I'm up to Ult on 2 oceans, that's an indicator of stability, right? Right? Huh, huh, huh?

...I blame the temporary insanity on the blacksmithing board colors. You stare at them for 4 straight hours and tell me you're still sane. Hah!

So uhm, your going to write a guide and record a vid, right?

PS: I Lub this puzzle. (although, I sadly could only manage legendary after 24 'hours' of puzzling)

Edit: Fixed quote
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Inschato at Jul 17, 2007 7:44:23 PM]
[Jul 17, 2007 7:43:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

So uhm, your going to write a guide and record a vid, right?

I tried that with Rumble when it was first released, then Boothook came along and rewrote everything. This time, I think I'll just let him do all the guides since he thinks he knows everything. ;)
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 17, 2007 7:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nkirbit

What's up with the pause screen? :P

I actually kinda like it!
Endless
[Jul 17, 2007 7:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

Ok so I got home from work and what I see... BS!!!! (thats BlackSmithing >.>) and I just couldn't believe it. I mean it is the very same puzzle from Ice, no changes. Quite frustrating, but oh well, really didn't mind since I never got a chance to play it in there anyway.

Now, regardless of the awfull glowing that totally confuses me (I just cannot tell if the piece glowing has been struck once, twice or thrice? and have to wait till the glow dims to find out) I LOVE the puzzle :D , I have already been playing for a decent amount of time, and I just can't stop. Finally a puzzle that entertains me as much as carps. yay!

Also, the sound effects are a little annoying monotonous, I had to turn the sound off after a while. I dont know I still get the feeling the cosmetics of the game aren't quite ready yet. Hopefully the Devs have something in mind already.

Anywho, great puzzle. I guess it's time to open an Ironmongers now.
Damagon
[Jul 17, 2007 7:56:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lorenith

The new puzzle is interesting, but the current color scheme/glowyness of it gives me a really bad headache after a couple of plays. x___x
Lorenith-Sage
[Jul 17, 2007 9:04:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://lorenith.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

Well, I'm currently wondering if people have got an masterpieces yet, and also whats you highest combo? It doesn't keep track of Vegas' but I counted and my highest so far is Vegasx10. (<3 1's)
Kadazzle
[Jul 17, 2007 10:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Well, I'm currently wondering if people have got an masterpieces yet, and also whats you highest combo? It doesn't keep track of Vegas' but I counted and my highest so far is Vegasx10. (<3 1's)

People got Masterpieces a few times when it was in testing on Ice, at least one with the same rules exactly (I think) as was rolled out onto the production oceans.

Don't worry about the vegases; go for the other kinds of combos, all 4 numbers and all 4 chess pieces. Or if you're still at the early level, all 3 numbers and 3 chess pieces.
The best of done with those is I think only a chain of 3 - chess->numbers->chess.
Alternating sets are worth more, but I find it hard to get more than a chain of 2. There's always some piece that there's only one of and it's not well placed. Eh.
[Jul 17, 2007 10:12:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 135   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates