• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1014 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
pash2101

Do oceanmasters read the Game Design forums?

Hey,

whenever I make a suggestion in game (e.g asking for a few automated puzzle competitions because the game is empty & pillaging is boring) the oceanmasters tell me to post it in the Game Design Forums.

Does anything actually get read or even implemented around here? The last patch had to be ages ago. (Vampires dont count, they contribute nothing)

Its actually bizarre at how little they do to make this game enjoyable.

It really feels like all you can do is play poker or puzzle in a cade. Half of the leaderboard is either botted or alt bashed and the game tables are dead.
Pillaging is not immersive at all, but rather a solo puzzle grind with the occasional chat & battle thats not challenging at all.
SMHs are slightly better, but take an eternity to fill with crap payouts given the time investment (but its the journey that counts, not the destination! /s)

Could the staff please post a roadmap about upcoming changes?

It cant be that hard to implement a few changes. They seem to know the entire color palette by heart.

Its 2021, god damn it.
----------------------------------------
--------------
Demontoad,
formerly Pash
[Jun 20, 2021 6:56:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: Do oceanmasters read the Game Design forums?

There is no future for the game.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jun 20, 2021 8:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

They do read, Oceanmasters have nothing to do with developments of the game, thats all with Crabbythekid. Just some ideas have been posted over and over and over again (skilledswabbieslul).
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2021 11:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pash2101

They do read, Oceanmasters have nothing to do with developments of the game, thats all with Crabbythekid. Just some ideas have been posted over and over and over again (skilledswabbieslul).

Why would they have nothing to do with the development of the game? That sounds like a careless excuse.
They have been a part of YPP for more than a decade now, it should be within their interest that this game does well and that issues get forwarded.
Absolutely pathetic to point fingers at a different "department" when the community has reportedly been crying for help and change for years. Oceanmasters, the least you can do is to communicate with the developers.

Please start caring :(
--------------
Demontoad,
formerly Pash
[Jun 21, 2021 1:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thomas10271

They read them, link to a prior time it had been suggested, and then do absolutely nothing.
Tomsid
[Jun 21, 2021 10:19:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freethefrail

I really don't think it matters if the OM's read these forums or not. The reality is that absolutely nothing will get implemented, and if it does, it'll be implemented so slowly that it doesn't matter.

The current developer (Crabbythekid) seems to be on a 20 hrs/week contract according to this post. There's only so much progress you can make with one developer on a low amount of hours, not to mention he's completely new and has to get up to speed with a huge codebase from scratch. I expect we won't see anything significant unless they hire more developers with a higher amount of working hours. It looks like Forculus has mysteriously disappeared, at least he hasn't logged on since February on Emerald, so I guess he's left (?)

It's unlikely that 20 hrs/week is spent purely on coding up new features either. There's likely some maintenance and administration tasks required to keep the game running smoothly. When you add that all up, you're probably spending a pretty miserable amount of time actually designing and implementing new features. N.B. I'm mostly guessing here and the reality could be different, so an OM can feel free to step in and correct me if they want.

There is no future for the game.

Basically, this. Sadge
Suspirium on Emerald
[Jun 21, 2021 2:12:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

You all sound like the NPPs that whine about not being able to find a station, save for Scottays.

This entire thread belongs in global Parley at a minimum, though DJL is the more accurate location.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jun 21, 2021 2:40:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
pash2101

You all sound like the NPPs that whine about not being able to find a station, save for Scottays.

This entire thread belongs in global Parley at a minimum, though DJL is the more accurate location.

Why do you always sound like a condescending sad invididual who thinks his opinion matters the most and should be heard everywhere (even on an arguably dead forum) ?

You would be absolutely delusional to think that you are "someone" or in the position to derail another thread. Stop it and reflect on yourself, its actually disgusting how entitled you act.

This thread is about the oceanmasters and Game Design, not you.

Let us be sad and discuss the state of the game. Its "good" to hear that other people feel the same way.
--------------
Demontoad,
formerly Pash
[Jun 21, 2021 3:09:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freethefrail

Yeah, because we all care where a thread belongs in a forum that gets 10 posts in a good year... /s
Suspirium on Emerald
[Jun 21, 2021 3:44:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Why do you always sound like a condescending sad invididual who thinks his opinion matters the most and should be heard everywhere (even on an arguably dead forum) ?

You would be absolutely delusional to think that you are "someone" or in the position to derail another thread. Stop it and reflect on yourself, its actually disgusting how entitled you act.

Let us be sad and discuss the state of the game. Its "good" to hear that other people feel the same way.

There is a difference between a discussion and whining. This isn't a discussion.

If you think I'm acting in an entitled manner, I recommend you take an open and objective look at how you've presented yourself in this thread. Because entitled easily applies to your behavior. If you don't like how a business operates, you simply stop funding them. You don't continuously cry about being ignored.

If you feel you have the right to post pointless threads, then I feel I have the right to comment on how absurd these threads are.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jun 21, 2021 5:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
pash2101

There is a difference between a discussion and whining. This isn't a discussion.

If you think I'm acting in an entitled manner, I recommend you take an open and objective look at how you've presented yourself in this thread. Because entitled easily applies to your behavior. If you don't like how a business operates, you simply stop funding them. You don't continuously cry about being ignored.

If you feel you have the right to post pointless threads, then I feel I have the right to comment on how absurd these threads are.

Proved my point about your delusional state. Astonishing strawman arguments, keep it up old and lonely man. You don't matter, neither in game or in real life :)
--------------
Demontoad,
formerly Pash
[Jun 21, 2021 6:21:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jun 22, 2021 7:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

They do read, Oceanmasters have nothing to do with developments of the game

"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Jun 22, 2021 9:04:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hestia
Office Drone

Ocean Masters are not developers, they are customer support. They cannot make changes to the game. Pirates are directed to this forum to post about a game design issue for developers to see because they read this forum and have the ability to make changes.

Because this thread doesn't contain any information related to game development, I'm going to go ahead and lock it.
[Jun 22, 2021 11:27:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates