• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3358 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Substitutes

Elite Swabbies on SMHs and more

Hello,

My name is Kyubi, I played this game a long time ago and have only returned.
I have noticed the difference in 8 years of active users and it is beyond scary.

My suggestion and yes there may be flaws within it which we can develop and nut out would be to allow players to job Elite Swabbies that could fill up to lets say half the ship.
The swabbies would allow more players access to aspects of the game that are now far out of reach, it will also allow the new players joining to experience things that we could easily back in the day. This may also help increase the player base or extend the life of a newer player.

Swabbies should also receive a an equal cut so to not spam the game with Poe and items.

You could even create a new theme of the pirates that join the ship.

Just think of the days when you could fill a frig Atlantis in 30 mins and be on your way for some fun.

Its just an idea because apparently you need to take this avenue for the developers to see it. Feel free to add to the idea. At the end of the day we cannot force people to play this game and it is almost admitting defeat saying lets play with bots. But at the end of the day if the players playing cant access half of the game then why play? Lets aim to prolong the average players life and then we can look to advertise and bring people in.

All the best and its good to be back.
[Oct 22, 2020 4:51:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Re: Elite Swabbies on SMHs and more

Hello,

My name is Kyubi, I played this game a long time ago and have only returned.
I have noticed the difference in 8 years of active users and it is beyond scary.

My suggestion and yes there may be flaws within it which we can develop and nut out would be to allow players to job Elite Swabbies that could fill up to lets say half the ship.
The swabbies would allow more players access to aspects of the game that are now far out of reach, it will also allow the new players joining to experience things that we could easily back in the day. This may also help increase the player base or extend the life of a newer player.

Swabbies should also receive a an equal cut so to not spam the game with Poe and items.

You could even create a new theme of the pirates that join the ship.

Just think of the days when you could fill a frig Atlantis in 30 mins and be on your way for some fun.

Its just an idea because apparently you need to take this avenue for the developers to see it. Feel free to add to the idea. At the end of the day we cannot force people to play this game and it is almost admitting defeat saying lets play with bots. But at the end of the day if the players playing cant access half of the game then why play? Lets aim to prolong the average players life and then we can look to advertise and bring people in.

All the best and its good to be back.

The game has needed skilled swabbies for a very long time. As SMHs on emerald on average take 4 hours to load which is pretty ridiculous. Instead of paying for these swabbies, for every swabbie you job like for example a WF if you wanted to job 15% of them which is roughly 12/75 then you can make a calculation of decreasing value of chests by 15% and chance of fams (100% means literally nothing if you job more than 85% of skilled swabbies.) So therefore the more swabbies you get on your ship the less value you will get from your chests. So you dont have to worry about this being abused for major profit and will give more incentive to try to get jobbers first but if the person is like i need to get inside then he can get the swabbies so its not wasting jobbers time so its a win/win in my book.
----------------------------------------
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Oct 22, 2020 2:20:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

People need to stop making posts like these. Review the game design forums and you'll find many identical posts. With Scottays jumping on to echo what has already been said as well.

FWIW, no there's nothing "beyond scary". It's a retired game. If anything just be thankful it's even kept alive. The primary goal is preservation not development. If you're looking for all these developmental milestones and advertising mentioned in your post then this isn't the game for you.

If the posting for the new developer actually gets filled on the other hand, then you might have a glimmer of hope to place dreams on.
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Oct 22, 2020 10:24:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

People need to stop making posts like these. Review the game design forums and you'll find many identical posts. With Scottays jumping on to echo what has already been said as well.

FWIW, no there's nothing "beyond scary". It's a retired game. If anything just be thankful it's even kept alive. The primary goal is preservation not development. If you're looking for all these developmental milestones and advertising mentioned in your post then this isn't the game for you.

If the posting for the new developer actually gets filled on the other hand, then you might have a glimmer of hope to place dreams on.

Retired game, so what? Grey Havens can always read back in the past 4-5 years of forum posts and go ''wow people really wanted this''. Its a process and a build of ideas culminated together, you jump on to echo your disagreement on it which that is your opinion. That is the purpose of the forums. Can you tell me how long the game has been pretty much the same for? and why people continue for years to ask for these ideas? or do you prefer the game the way it is waiting on a ship for 4+ hours? or you do not job on them at all because of the long waiting times?
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Oct 23, 2020 2:25:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Can you tell me how long the game has been pretty much the same for?
Exactly what I meant by retired.

and why people continue for years to ask for these ideas?
Exactly why I said people ought to stop posting the same things by now. Or at least hold off until the new Dev gets confirmed.

do you prefer the game the way it is waiting on a ship for 4+ hours?
I've never waited 4+hours in a very long time. Not sure which ocean you're on but Emerald isn't that bad.

or you do not job on them at all because of the long waiting times?
Yes I join plenty, even offering dock-side seats.

Grey Havens can always read back in the past 4-5 years of forum posts and go ''wow people really wanted this''.
Ok. You're entitled to your wrong opinion.
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Oct 23, 2020 8:37:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates