• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5288 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

Pumpkin Carving Contest [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

October is the month when talented pirates sharpen up their swords and go pumpkin plunderin'. Why, you ask? So they can get carving masterpieces to decorate their ships, homes, workplaces or gardens for Halloween, of course!

Time to get carving!

Deadline
11:59:59 game time October 31st, 2020 November 7, 2020

Entry thread
ENTRY THREAD HERE

Prizes
1st prize: choice between orange/black parrot, orange octopus or orange monkey
2nd prize: choice of standard sleeping pet (pig, piglet, tortoise or turtle - no chocolate coloured sleeping pets).
3rd prize: an (adjective) Pumpkinseed sloop painted orange and black
Honorable mentions will receive other prizes such as orange or black trinkets, clothes or furniture. Other prizes may be added depending on participation.

In addition to the main judging, it has become traditional for OMs to take a look through the thread and award eggs or dolls to entries that particularly please them!

What do you have to do?
* Obtain a real pumpkin. If pumpkins are not available where you live, you can try any type of gourd, squash, etc. If those aren't available, you may use a melon.
* Create a Puzzle Pirates design for your pumpkin.
* Carve the design onto your pumpkin.
* Create a card (or slip of paper) that includes your pirate name, ocean and the year (2020).
* Take at least two "creation" pictures while you are carving your pumpkin, to prove it's your own work. Include a card with your pirate's name, ocean and the year in EACH photo (no photoshopping).
* Take at least one lit and one unlit photo of your pumpkin, again including your pirate's name and ocean on a card to show it's your own handiwork.
* Host your images on Imgur, You don't need to make an account--just upload them. You may use any other platform that doesn't require an account.
* Submit your entry with a minimum of four photos per entry (two creation, one lit, and one unlit) in the entry thread in the Mariner's Muse along with your pirate's name and ocean.
* Double check your entry to make sure you have four working links to each entry, and that it follows the template below.

Entry Template:
Pirate Name:
Ocean:
Creation Link:
Creation Link:
Unlit Link:
Lit Link:

Judging Criteria
Judging will be based upon the creativity and cleverness of design, the quality and detail of carving, and the overall effect of the lit pumpkin. Remember, the LIT pumpkin is the photo being used for judging. Take care with regard to shadows, flash, focus, and detail.

Other rules
* Only one entry per player
* Only one pumpkin per carving
* Carvings must be original and your own, and may not be designs submitted to other contests
* You will not get any credit for decorating or dressing your pumpkin in ways other than carving - and if it detracts from the carving itself, then you could even lose marks.
*Feel free to use or modify commercial patterns, but you are unlikely to score highly on creativity if you do so!

So, what arrr ye waitin' fer? Go get carvin'!

Edit: deadline extended due to recent incident.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Clotho at Dec 10, 2020 5:01:50 PM]
[Oct 15, 2020 8:02:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colder1

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest [Deadline Oct 31st] Reply to this Post

* Create a card (or slip of paper) that includes your pirate name, ocean and the year (2017).

I wish it was 2017...
Coldest
[Oct 16, 2020 8:23:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lenabobenna

Can 1 person submit multiple entries?
Greecefeva on Emerald

Greecefeva says, "Cheers! :)"
Demeter says, "Have a great day!"
Demeter says, "Don't be too fierce with that banstick"
Demeter winks
Screenshot taken.
[Oct 16, 2020 12:10:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Lenabobenna wrote: 
Can 1 person submit multiple entries?

Clotho wrote: 
* Only one entry per player

Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Oct 16, 2020 12:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Carve a pumpkin they said!
It'll be fun they said!

Suggestion for new injury: Missing fingers from pumpkin carving competition!

First ever attempt at carving is not as easy as I thought it would be! But I will persevere!

/e shuffles off in search of band-aids!
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Oct 26, 2020 8:04:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest [Deadline Extended to November 7!] Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates!

Due to recent events, the deadline for the Pumpkin Carving Contest has been extended until Saturday, November 7 2020. Get to carving!
[Nov 1, 2020 11:01:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest [Deadline Extended to November 7!] Reply to this Post

This contest has closed and it's now in judging. You do not make judging easy, great entries!

Now... where is that dartboard?
[Nov 8, 2020 4:22:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrtwistar

Poke poke
http://emerald.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Sonicbang
[Nov 16, 2020 12:58:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

This is definitely at the top of the To Do list! Got a little sidetracked with recent events... on it!
[Nov 16, 2020 3:12:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrtwistar

This is definitely at the top of the To Do list! Got a little sidetracked with recent events... on it!

No problem absolutely understandable XD!
http://emerald.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Sonicbang
[Nov 16, 2020 3:29:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Acarrao

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest [Deadline Extended to November 7!] [In Judging] Reply to this Post

Did you all find the dartboard?
[Nov 20, 2020 2:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest [Deadline Extended to November 7!] [In Judging] Reply to this Post

Did you all find the dartboard?

I suspect someone's dart missed. Perhaps Clotho will emerge with the winners AND a new eyepatch.
Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
[Nov 22, 2020 11:35:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missyfierce2

Maybe we need to post an in-progress photo of our pumpkins now! I'll have to call the local landfill though....
Missyfiercer
Emerald
Captain of Dream Murderers
[Nov 25, 2020 10:13:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Acarrao

Maybe we need to post an in-progress photo of our pumpkins now! I'll have to call the local landfill though....

Aye, unfortunately I think mine got incinerated. . . Would fireplace ash work in it's place?
[Nov 26, 2020 11:55:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mosaca55

*pokes with stick*
Ol' Green* Eyes
[Nov 26, 2020 3:38:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lenabobenna

*pokes with bigger stick*
Greecefeva on Emerald

Demeter winks
Screenshot taken.
[Nov 28, 2020 10:02:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wuppypuppy2

In all seriousness, I hope Clotho is okay! Let us know if you need some hot soup whisked your way.
Wayfarer of Mala-idian-erald
[Dec 6, 2020 6:35:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Maybe we should send a search and rescue fleet out to pumpkin land and rescue Clotho
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Dec 10, 2020 7:17:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemesis
OceanMaster

Maybe we should send a search and rescue fleet out to pumpkin land and rescue Clotho

I swear I saw her somewhere... OH DRAT! Forgot I left her locked in the basement last month! ....now where did I throw that key?
Hera says, "I wish I was awesome enough to be on #TeamEvil!"
Later...
Hera says, "And the sorry thing is, I can't remember if I said, or didn't say, that."
----------------------------
[Dec 10, 2020 8:09:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lenabobenna

In addition to the main judging, it has become traditional for OMs to take a look through the thread and award eggs or dolls to entries that particularly please them!

Perhaps while we wait for Clotho, some of the other OMs can have a look through?
Greecefeva on Emerald

Demeter winks
Screenshot taken.
[Dec 10, 2020 10:00:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

My deepest apologies for the delay. The cat ate my mouse! Thank you to all who entered this contest; judging was VERY HARD! All the entries deserve a huge round of applause for creativity and craftsmanship. I hope you had fun carving those pumpkins!

Congratulations winners!
1st prize: Greecefeva on Emerald - choice between (orange black Parrot), (orange Octopus) or (orange Monkey), plus a (Clotho Doll) and Shiny Sun Points!
2nd prize: Velternal on Emerald - choice of (pig), (piglet), (tortoise) or (turtle), plus a (Clotho Egg) and Shiny Sun Points!
3rd prize: Arkangelxx on Emerald - a Candied Pumpkinseed sloop painted orange/black and Shiny Sun Points!

Honorable Mentions:
Gaskell on Emerald, Alpha on Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean, Topgunn on Cerulean and Lelani on Emerald. Each one will receive a (Jack-o'-lantern) and Shiny Sun Points!

Everyone else who participated will receive Shiny Sun Point!

P.S. 1st and 2nd place, please post in this thread OR send me a petition with the subject "FAO Clotho Pumpkin Contest" with your choice of prize. The rest of the prizes will be delivered before EOD tomorrow.
[Dec 10, 2020 5:01:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Congratulations to everyone!

Fantastic to see the amount of entries this year!
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Dec 10, 2020 5:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

As per previous years, OMs get to pick their favorites too!

This year I'm giving Hera Doll trinkets to Jessilovexx, Breafighter and Lizeau. Congratulations! I'm also going to Hera 'egg' Coldest for the dock tree!

Excellent work everyone! Loved all of the entries!

(Prizes will be delivered in the next couple of days) Delivered!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 11, 2020 12:59:27 PM]
[Dec 10, 2020 5:43:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lenabobenna

Oh wow. I was not expecting that. Well, thank you! Thank you so much for picking my entry and for giving us all the opportunity to participate and get great prizes! There was some seriously amazing picks out there and it could not have been an easy decision.

For my prize, may I please have the monkey? Thank you!

PS: Just found out what Shiny Sun Points are ... looks like I'm going to have to enter every competition now so that I can get EIGHT MEEEEELLION points. Shame Demeter doll is not on the list too, she is an icon!
Greecefeva on Emerald

Demeter winks
Screenshot taken.
[Dec 10, 2020 7:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

A big congrats to all of the winners! So nice to see such great participation! :)
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

Get cracking and scrambling! Eggs are here!!
[Dec 10, 2020 8:52:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colder1

As per previous years, OMs get to pick their favorites too!

This year I'm giving Hera Doll trinkets to Jessilovexx, Breafighter and Lizeau. Congratulations! I'm also going to Hera 'egg' Coldest for the dock tree!

Excellent work everyone! Loved all of the entries!

(Prizes will be delivered in the next couple of days) Delivered!

Thank you for egging me! <3
Coldest
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Colder1 at Dec 11, 2020 1:13:58 PM]
[Dec 11, 2020 1:13:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

Thank you <3 and congrats to all the winners. :)
Velternal, now on Emerald!
[Dec 11, 2020 7:50:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Prizes have been delivered! Congratulations again :)

@Arkangelxx: you'll need to trade the deed to an alt and back to update property.
[Dec 11, 2020 9:55:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Congrats to the winners! The were all fab!

At least now I can throw the rotten stinking remains of mine out, was keeping it in case of a stewards enquiry ;)

<3
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Dec 12, 2020 3:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patrys12

Thank you for the Honorable Mention and gratz to the winners. My favorite annual event!
- xxx Alpha xxx -
[Dec 14, 2020 2:12:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates