• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2921 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Doggieb8

Question about Obsidian SMH Map Rotation Reply to this Post

From the release notes 2017-06-30 we saw

Sea Monster zones will now be "rotated" in order to focus activity into one particular zone each week. Only one type of Sea Monster map will drop from pillaging battles during that week. The enabled map type will change each Sunday.

I believe the rotation properly occurred between HS and KH on 09/16 but after the release on Thur 9/20 the rotation switched to Atlantis early, it ran through those few days that were supposed to be KH and then continued on it's normal week. Now on Sat 7/29 the rotation to CI happened early.

I'm hoping maybe Forculus can comment on the inconsistencies as I'm trying to nail down the timelines for wiki stuff
----------------------------------------
Doggieb on Cerulean, Emerald and Obsidian
[Jul 30, 2017 5:11:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Re: Question about Obsidian SMH Map Rotation Reply to this Post

Thanks for looking into this. I just went through and reviewed the SMH rotation logic, and you're correct that it's happening on Saturday rather than Sunday. Aside from that, the rotations do appear to be working as expected, with each one lasting a full week and proceeding in the correct order.
[Jul 31, 2017 7:27:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doggieb8

Thanks Forculus, is it going to continue to be on Saturday?
Doggieb on Cerulean, Emerald and Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Doggieb8 at Jul 31, 2017 11:11:17 AM]
[Jul 31, 2017 11:10:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Yeah, I'll leave it as-is for now. Saturday seems like a good day to start hunting down the newly enabled maps.
[Jul 31, 2017 11:48:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

The SMH rotation won't do much of anything, especially once black markets come out. If people can get any of the 4 charts from chart boxes or black boxes, the only difference the rotation will make is which charts are worth 5k and which are worth 100k.

I'd like to see ALL forms of chart spawns follow the rotation, or you might as well just get rid of it all together.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Aug 2, 2017 5:04:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

I'd like to see ALL forms of chart spawns follow the rotation, or you might as well just get rid of it all together.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO , it limits those of us who prefer one type enough already achieving the intended effect. Although I have been very vocal in ditching it altogether.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Aug 2, 2017 8:16:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twistedxmnj

Atlantis cit runs ruin the pillaging scene, literally for 2 weeks it's near impossible to fill a war brig pilly while Atlantis rotation is on, I think citadel runs need to become more challenging or bring smh badges back. Or make rotation last literally a week instead of 2weeks+.

Another way is up the bigger ship pay out in wild seas, make it closer to what you get at osprey in emerald, it is nowhere near right now.
Tyrantus- Emerald

Ausyte- Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Twistedxmnj at Aug 2, 2017 1:44:35 PM]
[Aug 2, 2017 1:42:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates