• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 198
Posts: 198   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 164878 times and has 197 replies Next Thread
Layered

Re: 2016 Monthly Familiar Events Reply to this Post

Sorry if this has been said already or I'm just missing the line that says it, but is that all the familiar competitions/tournaments for January or will more be added ? Thanks :)
----------------------------------------
Layered - Cerulean/Meridian/Emerald/Ice
Chemically Imbalanced
Babylon

Puff, Puff, Pass
[Jan 12, 2017 7:58:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

*pokes*

Are we getting the other tourneys surprise-style in the next three days?
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Jan 28, 2017 9:20:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vepar7

*pokes*

Are we getting the other tourneys surprise-style in the next three days?

What was the prize and puzzle?
Got customer supported on Emerald

------
Me:
<counter buzz sound> Just kidding, they are the Desperate Housewives.

majestrate :
Hera is a guy though, so....maybe not Housewives
[Jan 28, 2017 5:57:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

What was the prize and puzzle?

Huh? The surprise competition is sometime tomorrow.

I was talking about the tournaments we're missing from this month.

Edit: Nemesis don't think I didn't see your stealth edit! Was the pet supposed to be something new and wasn't ready for release- or simply a miscommunication?
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jan 29, 2017 6:00:29 PM]
[Jan 28, 2017 9:10:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Are you gonna do this in 2017 too or something different? January only had one fam comp and one tournament...
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Jan 31, 2017 11:55:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Are you gonna do this in 2017 too or something different? January only had one fam comp and one tournament...

Not true, Ive been told by multiple sources that there were at least 2 other color fam tourneys that were not scheduled. And possibly another comp (only one source told me about this). If they were intended or someone just forgot to change the settings I do not know.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Feb 1, 2017 2:09:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Not true, Ive been told by multiple sources that there were at least 2 other color fam tourneys that were not scheduled. And possibly another comp (only one source told me about this). If they were intended or someone just forgot to change the settings I do not know.

Maybe they are just basing themselves on the fact people that plays the game should have better odds on winning fams.

I know several peeps complaining here are only logging on to do those competitions and nothing else.

Being hidden ones means you actually have to play the game to not miss them and thats what GH wants more than likely!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Feb 1, 2017 3:26:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Maybe they are just basing themselves on the fact people that plays the game should have better odds on winning fams.

I know several peeps complaining here are only logging on to do those competitions and nothing else.

Being hidden ones means you actually have to play the game to not miss them and thats what GH wants more than likely!

I like this idea, and I agree that some people abuse the time slot. But I don't think it's fair to say everyone that logs on specifically when a tournament is at, and who often don't have time otherwise, are "not playing".

On the other hand, as one of these people, I don't have time to stalk the board. So I feel like if these were unscheduled, I'd just forget they existed and it'd give me less reason to plan time to log on than before.
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Feb 1, 2017 5:06:21 PM]
[Feb 1, 2017 5:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Layered

I'm the same way, with work and school I don't have the ability to stay online for multiple hours at a time hoping a tournament shows up (and a puzzle I can manage). With tournaments, there is only 1 coloured per puzzle month. I might go 5 months without seeing one if they arent scheduled, just from bad luck. I really enjoy the tournaments and competitions even if I'm not able to win a lot of them, honestly its a huge reason I log on nowadays.

Also Scheduled Tournaments = more skilled players show up, more challenging. That was half the fun!
Layered - Cerulean/Meridian/Emerald/Ice
Chemically Imbalanced
Babylon

Puff, Puff, Pass
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Layered at Feb 1, 2017 10:05:09 PM]
[Feb 1, 2017 10:03:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

They can change or remove comps however they want. It'd just be nice for someone to actually tell us whats going on for a change.
[Feb 3, 2017 3:05:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

2016 Monthly Familiar Events

Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Feb 6, 2017 7:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Also, if the competitions are going to be unscheduled, I feel we should definitely be seeing a post letting us know what happened, when, and who won.. It would be nice.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Feb 6, 2017 8:06:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Looks like Tzz was right! Same in February.

I always looked forward to checking the monthly comp and tournament schedules to see what times they were on and which ones I could make.

Seeing as I live in Australia and my usual playing time is during my evening, I have to say I have never seen an unscheduled comp during that time. Even the scheduled ones usually end up being at odd hours for me. So I am disappointed with only one per month, as this was a main feature of the game for me.
Zapa of Emerald
[Feb 6, 2017 12:30:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legionaer

What's foraging, a ship puzzle or a land puzzle?
[Feb 6, 2017 12:57:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

What's foraging, a ship puzzle or a land puzzle?

It was in the land puzzle competition last month so I don't think it'll be included in this month's competition.
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

https://www.twitch.tv/nickbushypp

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Feb 6, 2017 2:06:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keaze

Thanks, Nemesis!

I liked the announcements since the recent posts is my go-to when i visit the forums
Keaze
That Bombing Guide
[Feb 6, 2017 2:40:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crabcat

I like having a thread, as I don't check the events tab as regularly as I check the forums.

Thanks, Keaze, for getting an answer and posting so everyone can know.

I'm disappointed by the reduction in tournaments and competitions.
Crabcat on Cerulean
[Feb 6, 2017 4:35:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

It's kind of depressing having to wait a whole month between comps. Can we please have some more? They don't even have to have fam prizes....
There has even been a lack of other regular comps, remember the Mardi Gras mask comps? I didn't see them at all this year.
/e sighs

ETA:
I also sent in a petition similar to my question above and this is the response I received:
"Most Oceanmasters are not involved in events, so cannot assist regarding them. Any information regarding events will be found in the appropriate thread in the Events forum. If you need clarification of anything, you should post in that forum, so that the Oceanmasters organizing events can answer your question."

So this is my post.
Zapa of Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by zapadapa at Mar 25, 2017 4:51:41 PM]
[Mar 24, 2017 10:51:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chingchongpi

Why does this say 2016?

Are there no tournaments planned for 2017?
[Mar 28, 2017 9:22:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

No, there are- one comp and one tourney a month as you can see in the links on the original post.

They just haven't made a thread with the new year yet. It seems they won't, going off the answer in the petition image above.
Cattrin of Cerulean

[Mar 28, 2017 9:03:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

If there are only going to be two familiar events per month, could they at least be in different timezones? The tourny and comp for May are on Mondays at 3am and 4am for me. Needless to say, I won't be entering...(/e sighs and waits for June)...
Maybe four events at 6 hourly intervals (on different days of course) would cover most timezones and give more people a chance to participate.
Zapa of Emerald
[May 13, 2017 6:24:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Re: Monthly Familiar Events Reply to this Post

So first puzzle comps get cut from 8 down to 2. All variety is taken away and you just alternate the same boring ideas over and over. Then you still don't post until them 10th and the tournament is on the 11th. Nice job. I haven't played in a few months now, and i see no reason to start again.
[Aug 13, 2017 3:03:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superstarsam

Any idea when/if these monthly games will be extended to Obsidian? If not, will there be a new plan for diffusing coloured familiars into Dark Seas, or will they be a rarer-than-usual item?
Geologist - now exclusively Obsidian Emerald flavoured
[Aug 20, 2017 2:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

Will there be done anything about

Then you still don't post until them 10th and the tournament is on the 11th.

this?
Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Sep 2, 2017 2:47:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

this?

it takes some time to come up with a clever name and copy and paste the settings from a previous competition/tournament
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Sep 2, 2017 7:28:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
doesntsave

this?

it takes some time to come up with a clever name and copy and paste the settings from a previous competition/tournament

Just to forget to remove the previous tournaments thus having them repeat on top.
---
Complain on Obsidian

Supporter of Team Evil
"Yarr, purple aint nothin' but a color!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by doesntsave at Sep 2, 2017 2:54:59 PM]
[Sep 2, 2017 2:53:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Maybe for the December comp we can have an all-puzzles comp, not just on the main oceans but on Obsidian as well. Just saying.
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

https://www.twitch.tv/nickbushypp

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Nov 6, 2017 6:51:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crabcat

Really? A minimum 20 pirate tournament? :(
Crabcat on Cerulean
[Nov 6, 2017 11:00:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legionaer

Maybe for the December comp we can have an all-puzzles comp, not just on the main oceans but on Obsidian as well. Just saying.

And with tan familiars as prizes for individual puzzles as well, as it used to be.
[Nov 6, 2017 11:57:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legionaer

Is there seriously going to be NO New Year's Eve competition? :S
[Dec 31, 2017 10:36:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 198   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates