• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6803 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Phaerie2

Special Request Reply to this Post

It is with humble and hopeful heart that I respectfully submit this piece, for special consideration as a limited release portrait background. Drawn in memory of pirate Martobain, a title suggested by his crew is "Our Friend and Buddy".

It is in tribute to a player who was a huge supporter of Puzzle Pirates and who played the game with passion and sincerity. His wit and character made a lasting impression on all who crossed his path and the world is a much poorer place without him in it.

For those of you who would like to know a little more about Marto, please read the link below.
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=208886

Thank you.

It is expansive size, capable of holding x7 pirates.
I do not want to receive any of the usual payments for portrait art.

----------------------------------------
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Phaerie2 at Jul 28, 2020 7:10:18 AM]
[Jul 28, 2020 7:06:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Re: Special Request Reply to this Post

fixed
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Phaerie2 at Jul 28, 2020 7:14:35 AM]
[Jul 28, 2020 7:13:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Addygov

Amazing work phae! I love this!

Rest in peace Marten
Eyad on Emerald
[Jul 28, 2020 7:13:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Banaz

This is incredible. Amazing artwork for an amazing person, well done Phae : )
[Jul 28, 2020 7:15:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eww_Vikings

Thank you Phae for taking your time to design potentially the best portrait backgound of all time (I may be biased).

I'd love to see this background make it in game and provide us with not only the ability to take very cool, very swag portraits but also allow us to pay tribute to one of the best players of all time.

Aazy
Aazy on Emerald
Azy on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eww_Vikings at Jul 28, 2020 7:33:58 AM]
[Jul 28, 2020 7:30:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

I love this idea as a tribute for Martobain, and I think it would be such a great way for players to remember him in-game.

It's a beautiful background (as yours always are Phae!) and I think it's appropriate for people wanting to remember Marto, but also still suitable for any group (even if they didn't know him) as it just alludes to his memory very nicely. Also Phae, thank you for taking the time to create this art for everyone and also put it up as a special request. <3

The truth is that we have had a handful of players from the game pass away, all of whom are remembered in different ways. I think a lot of fallen players may be remembered by the memories their friends shared with them, but I'd love to see Marto be an exception here. I'm not sure whether everyone knows this, but when Marto passed away last year, players attended his actual celebration of life. Jazz set up a livestream for anyone online, and we actually all watched, and listened, from wherever we were in the world, people who loved him come together for him. In his wife's beautiful speech that day, she mentioned Puzzle Pirates, his involvement in the game, and the close friendships he has formed there.

The game was undeniably a huge part of Marto's life for a very long time, and I think he would be honoured (and flattered!) to have this beautiful piece of art in-game. I would love to see the OMs make an exception for this background and for our friend and buddy. <3
Velternal, now on Emerald!
[Jul 28, 2020 7:44:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clumpypp

Super well done Phaerie, and for a great cause. Hope it gets implemented.
[Jul 28, 2020 7:55:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lenabobenna

Absolutely incredible! What an amazing job, can't wait to take a portrait with this background. Hope it gets approved!
Greecefeva on Emerald

Greecefeva says, "Cheers! :)"
Demeter says, "Have a great day!"
Demeter says, "Don't be too fierce with that banstick"
Demeter winks
Screenshot taken.
[Jul 28, 2020 8:10:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dagnanlian69

After a long day of mischief, two best friends enjoy a sunset together.
What a beautiful moment you have managed to create Phae. It is a stunning background!
No doubt a lot of people in this game would love to get this portrait background to remember one of our own.
Dagnanlian
[Jul 28, 2020 8:28:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Amazing job Phae - Marten was a part of many many people's lives, all who met and knew him felt nothing but joy for his sense of humour and ability to make you smile on the darkest of days.

<3
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jul 28, 2020 8:34:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Usarmy7

Very nicely done. It is never easy losing a friend. I hope this gets implemented as well.
Armyboy says, "am i pretty"
Linxed says, "does the mirror burst if you look at it?"
Armyboy says, "yah ;_;"
Linxed says, "then you're to pretty for the mirror"
[Jul 28, 2020 9:49:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pasteyman

We need this!
Dark Knight feeling, die and be a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.

Rest easy Marto
[Jul 28, 2020 9:59:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Who would think you could get emotional about a Puzzle Pirates portrait background.

Phae the artwork for this is incredible as usual from yourself, I can only echo what others have said here that this would be an incredible gesture that many of us who knew Marten would massively appreciate, if this could be added into the game even on a limited edition basis.

I think Marten has left a lasting impact on this game and the people he interacted with, he was one of the biggest characters and most loved individuals to ever hit that log in button.

If there could be an exception made by Grey Havens for this to be brought into the game, I would love to see it and totally support the idea.

Thank you for going to the lengths you have to this point Phae, a very thoughtful idea.

All the best. (Can someone please prod me if this goes through via Discord)
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Jul 29, 2020 8:14:46 AM]
[Jul 29, 2020 8:13:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitsu999

Absolutely the best background in game. And an amazing tribute to an amazing pirate and man (and, of course Tom Cruise, his best friend and buddy). I hope OMs also approve this and would love to use it as a background. Thanks Phae for doing this.
Grumbles on all oceans
[Jul 29, 2020 2:43:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
captainmra

Definitely have my support to honor Marto one way or another in-game.
Mra - Meridian & Obsidian
Cptnmra - Emerald
[Jul 29, 2020 3:50:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RossShone

+1000
Dregsy- Emerald
----
Galene tells ye, "I was more yelling at other folks >.>"
-----------------
[Jul 29, 2020 8:12:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Who would have guessed an image could draw such strong emotions, we would really appreciate it if the OMs would consider this. Thank you for taking the time to draw this Pha and we really miss you Marten.
[Jul 31, 2020 8:49:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Garckon

Amazing job Phae! <3
Gammyx on Emerald

~Avatar by Cattrin
[Aug 1, 2020 7:00:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MysticJuls

This is arguably one of the most gorgeous YPP portrait backgrounds ever. Not only does it do a beautiful job of honoring an amazing pirate and long-time YPP-supporter, but it offers so much to the general pirate as well - who wouldn't want to sit on the beach and watch a mind-blowing sunset with your fav buddy? It 100% deserves to be added into the game, and I can easily see it being one of the most commonly chosen backgrounds (limited ed. or otherwise).

Phaeirie, you always do such beautiful and mind-blowing work. Thank you for putting such effort into this tribute, for honoring Marto so brilliantly, and for sharing it with us all. <3 And to Grey Havens, I know exceptions can be difficult/impossible, but PLEASE consider the increased portrait economy that might just explode if this background is added into the game! ;)
~ Juls
on Emerald, Obsidian

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MysticJuls at Aug 2, 2020 11:01:26 AM]
[Aug 1, 2020 10:30:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drover4

Thank you so SO much Phae for drawing this! Martin made a meaningful impact on all of us and I miss him. It would be great to have a way to share our memories of him by using this portrait.

-Drover of Emerald
[Aug 24, 2020 8:53:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates