• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1998 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
etieti

Flotilla spawns mechanics Reply to this Post

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/249995672760221697/792871462230294568/Puzzle_Pirates_Grtchenglfng_1.png

I would like to go ahead and ask for a game mechanic change on this exploit.

Its truely unfair for jobbers and its sickening when its done to every single runs out of spite for my game character ... 15-20 jobbers shouldnt need to suffer over the hate players have towards me.

Disclaimer : I know I have done it in the past (a single ship) and I haven't done it in a few months for a reason ... Its not nice for the remaining players of the game.

3 war frigs in 1 safe zone to make a flotilla run impossible shouldnt happen on a declining game.

Go ahead and discuss!
----------------------------------------
Emerald
Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by etieti at Dec 27, 2020 5:43:32 PM]
[Dec 27, 2020 5:41:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

Re: Flotilla spawns mechanics Reply to this Post

The BK ships presently there in the screenshot don't look too unreasonable for a WB to me... does the presence of the WFs there significantly increase the spawns?
Natetegreat on Cerulean
[Dec 27, 2020 6:23:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

The BK ships presently there in the screenshot don't look too unreasonable for a WB to me... does the presence of the WFs there significantly increase the spawns?

Theres also more reds ye don't see in the screen shot ... There was 1 WF several junks fanchs and a sloop!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Dec 27, 2020 6:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

One possible solution: Remove the safe zone in flotillas!

The BK ships would still be far enough away to get any residual bilge down from sitting at the LP, and this would give you the fun option of sinking any empty ships your opponents have decided to enter for the purpose of trolling you :)
Natetegreat on Cerulean
[Dec 27, 2020 7:44:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

This is the exact same for BK cades as well. Removing safe zones I do agree will prevent watchers and give them incentive to job or load a ship for these runs. People never do it for any SMHs as they require maps. I vote for skilled swabbies! and must have at least 50% jobbers on your ship to enter flotilla/blockade.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Dec 27, 2020 11:00:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunsparce1

Disclaimer : I know I have done it in the past (a single ship) and I haven't done it in a few months for a reason ... Its not nice for the remaining players of the game.

3 war frigs in 1 safe zone to make a flotilla run impossible shouldnt happen on a declining game.

Ahoy! This is a part of the normal gameplay, but you can work to counter it by going to war, pillaging their ships, and generally driving them away from where you're hunting.
Dunsparce on Emerald
Emiya on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dunsparce1 at Dec 29, 2020 10:51:13 AM]
[Dec 29, 2020 10:31:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cooly

So your solution would be to go to war and pvp ships? my understanding is Cerulean does not approve of that aspect of gameplay? has that changed?
Slinkee on all oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cooly at Dec 29, 2020 11:51:42 AM]
[Dec 29, 2020 11:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mommawolf

For note, this comment is a REpost of an OM response to a complaint about people putting large ships in flots

Ahoy! This is a part of the normal gameplay, but you can work to counter it by going to war, pillaging their ships, and generally driving them away from where you're hunting.[/quote]
[Dec 29, 2020 12:20:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cooly

Thanks for clarifying that. With the link, it sounded like a personal attack to me, but I guess it's just the OM's confirming that normal gameplay includes war and pvp.
Slinkee on all oceans
[Dec 29, 2020 12:40:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mysterio

Yes it sucks being a jobber when that happens. Been there just last week.

But I dont think it needs changing. And heres why

1. A flag can support a BK in a blockade so why not a Flotilla.

2. As a rule of thumb if more than 1 boat can enter a bnav board theres always the risk of being sunk.

3. There is no ownership on a flotilla.
Blackjammer, S.O. & Kraken Hunter of The Blue Team
Governor of JorviK
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Stay puzzling my friends
[Dec 30, 2020 12:47:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cordle88

this is how the game works? don't like it then quit playing? when you are in war with another flag you got to think of smart ways to remove the other team even if its a SMH, or Flot or any other run, they are all a PVP zone.. also emerlaus this would not have happened if you never lied or did an personal RL attack on people, also threaten half the ocean, DEAL WITH IT! an think of your actions before hand next time!
Cordles, cerulean
[Dec 30, 2020 9:51:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Eliminate the flotilla safe zone in flotillas all together would be a decent start.

Wouldnt fix the griefing issue though.

Would need some sort of coding that only human ships in 3rd part of the board (backwall zone) would provoke more spawns.

Just my 2 cents!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Jan 3, 2021 6:25:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nate3990

Eliminate the flotilla safe zone in flotillas all together would be a decent start.

Wouldnt fix the griefing issue though.

Would need some sort of coding that only human ships in 3rd part of the board (backwall zone) would provoke more spawns.

Just my 2 cents!

And remove the backwall mechanic completely so that BK ships aren't forced to exit if they face the back wall too - they can spawn but they aren't forced to leave, thus removing the backwall "safe zone" and force navvers to actually play the flotilla as intended...
Natetegreat on Cerulean
[Jan 3, 2021 1:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

You forgot step 1. Convince OMs that this is not normal gameplay. Right now, it's pointless conjecturing about how to "fix" something that isn't viewed as a problem.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jan 3, 2021 5:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Bump!

@Crabbythekid

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/810775227973107722/826494297368690760/Puzzle_Pirates_Grtchenglfng_4.png

A 10-15 man war brig shouldnt need to deal with that strong of a spawn because an barrelstopper entering 3 frigs in safe zone to make flotillas impossible!

There should be an easy fix somewhere in the coding I am sure!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Mar 30, 2021 9:38:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cooly

You didn't have a problem with it when you and your monarch put xl watch ships in my crew and she sailed one in to enter the flotilla at Turongo with me on another not that long ago. It's just normal gameplay like the OM's said.
Slinkee on all oceans
[Mar 30, 2021 12:19:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tagline

Bump!

A 10-15 man war brig shouldnt need to deal with that strong of a spawn because an barrelstopper entering 3 frigs in safe zone to make flotillas impossible!

There should be an easy fix somewhere in the coding I am sure!

This is a problem that didn't exist until you, Emerlaus, started this.
You're only angry because someone else gave you a taste of your own dog food.

You get what you give.

There is an easy fix for you here somewhere. It lies somewhere between not being a barrelstopper and investing in a heavy duty fidget spinner.
-- Tagline

Fail

For posterity's sake, I'll try to leave a legible fossil record.
[Mar 30, 2021 12:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates