• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4333 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
tagline

RE: Your application for Governor of Jorvik Reply to this Post

Dear Blackbeardd,

Thank you for your applying for the role of Governor of Jorvik. We were impressed by your ability to work like an indentured servant in your quest for the requisite "reputation".

We'd like you to invite you to an "interview" at Jorvik Island. But first we do need to clarify a few things in the job description. After review of the corrected job description we invite you to interview.

Please understand that I posted the job vacancy in a drunken stupor, and this stunt has put me in "dutch" with "Jorvik".

"Jorvik" is so horribly mispronounced that we just affectionately call him "Bob". And the title of "Governor" is just Bob's little way of making you think you're in charge. The actual Job description is more of "Cabana Boy".

Corrected Job Vacancy Announcement follows:

Bob,

Once we were deeply in love. Now, that fire is out, my hearth is cold, as is your heart. As you deserve to be loved I will actively seek my replacement.

I am pleased to announce we are accepting applications for the "position" of "Governor" of "Bob".

While Bob is cruel and demanding, Bob is loving and kind. Though "the" position grants you the stewardship of the Island, this "position" comes with
"responsibilities".

Bob has a powerful thirst and is want to "tap" a "keg" and "share" with his "friends". Many will drink from his "chalice" but only the "Governor" can fill his "cask".

The "Governor" must at all times be ready, willing and able to provide for Bob and his "sailor" friends. The "Governor" is required to "fully" stock his balls deep in Bob's palatial "hold".

Bob demands the Governors' "full potential".

Are you man enough for Bob?

Please arrive at the following place and time, in appropriate attire:

Date: Saturday, 27 August, 2016
Time: Noon Pirate Time

This will be a paid interview.

Starting Pay: 2000/segment
*Bob has a five (5) segment minimum

The legal department demands that I inform you this will be a Sinking Blockade and that Bob likes it "spirited".
----------------------------------------
-- Tagline

Fail

For posterity's sake, I'll try to leave a legible fossil record.
[Aug 24, 2016 6:14:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Re: RE: Your application for Governor of Jorvik Reply to this Post

God damn it, I forgot to post my resume in time.
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Aug 24, 2016 6:22:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tagline

God damn it, I forgot to post my resume in time.

No worries, mate. We have your resume on file. But we may require a new picture, something water resistant this time.
-- Tagline

Fail

[Aug 24, 2016 6:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

Did Vova defile the last one?
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Aug 24, 2016 6:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tagline

Did Vova defile the last one?

We glued the last one to a urinal cake in the Flag Hall restroom.

It has long since dissolved.
-- Tagline

Fail

[Aug 24, 2016 6:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

I knew I was a champion, no silver showers for me!
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

[Aug 24, 2016 6:43:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tagline

I would like to thank every pirate that jobbed in the blockade at Jorvik this weekend. The turnout for this blockade demonstrated that news of the death of cerulean has been great exaggerated.

To our supporters, jobbers and friends I cannot thank you enough for helping me organize a defense. Without you this would not have been possible.

To our opponent, Blackbeardd and the flag Davy Jones' Locker:
Mate, you have shown and incredible spirit. You have demonstrated an ability to build a support base and organize a blockade in a very short amount of time.

I look forward to your next flag action. The ability, ambition, and personality you bring to this game add greatly to our ocean.

With many thanks,
--Tagline
-- Tagline

Fail

[Aug 28, 2016 6:34:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seaspirit8

I would like to thank every pirate that jobbed in the blockade at Jorvik this weekend. The turnout for this blockade demonstrated that news of the death of cerulean has been great exaggerated.

To our supporters, jobbers and friends I cannot thank you enough for helping me organize a defense. Without you this would not have been possible.

To our opponent, Blackbeardd and the flag Davy Jones' Locker:
Mate, you have shown and incredible spirit. You have demonstrated an ability to build a support base and organize a blockade in a very short amount of time.

I look forward to your next flag action. The ability, ambition, and personality you bring to this game add greatly to our ocean.

With many thanks,
--Tagline

Well said Tagline! Great to see such wonderful sportsmanship! It was a fun blockade (at least until i dc'd :o\ ) Thank's to you, Blackbeardd and everyone involved for keeping our lovely ocean alive and the jobbers on their toes
Seaspirit on Cerulean
[Aug 28, 2016 9:55:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates