• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20383 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
Radway

Re: First Impressions! Reply to this Post

I would also like to see a 'go to neutral ground' button added, the same as 'go to stronghold.' I think this would encourage more pirates to make their faction island their home island and spread the ocean out and allow for more factional bonds to be made.

+1
[Jul 3, 2017 8:19:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I would also like to see a 'go to neutral ground' button added, the same as 'go to stronghold.' I think this would encourage more pirates to make their faction island their home island and spread the ocean out and allow for more factional bonds to be made.

+1

This please.
Some way to get back to Port Venture quickly after ye've made the stronghold islands yer home...
Then again, I suppose you can use a whisk... though very expensive atm.

Also, shacks in the stronghold (Lionhaven) can't be taken yet even when I returned my Port Venture house. It just kept telling me to hold my horses. >.> While the shack in Night Harbour has no "purchase house" button yet. Maybe this is still WIP? I submitted a bug report just in case.

Question though: I suppose shadow pirates can only buy houses in shadow islands, and defiant pirates in defiant islands. Is this thinking correct? What happens then if a shadow pirate who has a house on a shadow island decides to leave his shadow crew and then joins a defiant crew, for example. Does his home then revert to neutral ground or something? What will happen to his house and any placed furniture/pet?
----------------------------------------
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Jul 4, 2017 1:30:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lfctwo

Frankly, I was hoping they would take some measures to reduce the p2w aspect of the game.
Sinking will happen a lot. I may buy a sloop and sink it at the same day, and just lose 5$. And a war bring around 12$. And it won't necessarily mean that I'm a bad player either: This is just the nature of the game.
And don't you dare say "don't play at dangerous seas if you are not prepared to lose a ship or if you are noob." That's punishing competitive playing, the main feature of the game. When a pvp starts, likely the better bnaver will sink the other one. Or it may depend on luck a little bit. It doesn't mean that one is noob.

The solution is simple: adjust the doubloons cost of ships depending on the rate the ships are sunk, compared to other oceans (taking account the population too). Because when a ship sinks it means it must be salvaged. If it's not salvaged/replaced then it won't sink again and the sinking rate will be lower. E.g. if ships are sinking 4 times as much, make the doublood cost 1/4. With this, we ensure that the$ profits (doubloons spent) of buying ships (relative to the population) will be the same as with the other oceans.

If the prices remain the same, this will be destructive: Doubloon /poe price will skyrocket because the Doubloon sinks will be huge. This means that someone can create a fleet almost exclusively by buying the Doubloon with $. So, to have an effective blockade someone would need 100+$ (much more actually). Wich, of course means that if it just happens that the ocean has one rich person willing to spend such money, he will extremely easily dominate the ocean.

I would much more prefer that the pvp aspect of the game would entirely be dependent on skill. That may be impossible though. So at least give the chance for flags to be able to collect the fleet they need quite easily, so that at least the rest of it is skill.

Not to talk about the shops and their destruction. It would take too long and the logic is the same.

But I still have hope for the game, this is still a beta test after all. Maybe they have already thought about these and they just want to see the ocean grow before they make the changes.

I like the sound of this but maybe not on buying the ship but maybe have the salvage cost to be a lot lower? Where it can be pretty easy to salvage instead of near full price say like 5-10 dubs instead of the same 20.
How time goes by how things you love decline..

Meridian - Lfcthreey - Cpt of "A Hackers Paradise" King of "Captains Morgans Rum"

Obsidian - Lfcthreey - Cpt of "Deus Vult" King of "Crusaders for Rum"
[Jul 4, 2017 8:43:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

I like the sound of this but maybe not on buying the ship but maybe have the salvage cost to be a lot lower? Where it can be pretty easy to salvage instead of near full price say like 5-10 dubs instead of the same 20.

+1 to this idea on all oceans
Robyns
<3
[Jul 4, 2017 10:49:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Altich

But why do this? If you do this, the ocean will inevitably be inflated with ships after some time (since all sinked ships will be salvaged). When this happen, new ships will barely be constructed by the shipyard, since everyone will replace their sunk ships by salvaging them, and if someone needs a new ship he will buy them from the already inflated market by players.

At the end, the profit GH makes from a crew renewing their sinked fleet will be the same in both cases. So I'd suggest if there is a need to reduce ship's doubloon cost, do this at the original delivery cost of the ship. It's more simple and efficient that way.
[Jul 4, 2017 12:19:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

+1 (or is that +3 now?)

In a different area: Blockade logistics. Supply chains and logistics are an important part of warfare. You shouldn't be able to swabby your cade fleet through hostile water and have it be invulnerable. It's a bit silly on the main oceans, but on what's supposed to be a harder core PVP ocean, it definitely shouldn't be allowed.

There's a few options there: disable swabby entirely, disable it when not finishing on a neutral or friendly island, or disable it for large ships (above LS or whatever greeter rules are).
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 4, 2017 1:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Altich

There's a few options there: disable swabby entirely, disable it when not finishing on a neutral or friendly island, or disable it for large ships (above LS or whatever greeter rules are).

Or make it so that the 4 adjacent LPs of any route near a hostile island are not accessible for swabby transport.
There could be some rules about how you can supply yourself too, not sure if it sounds good to supply your ships from the enemy shops.
[Jul 4, 2017 2:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

But why do this? If you do this, the ocean will inevitably be inflated with ships after some time (since all sinked ships will be salvaged). When this happen, new ships will barely be constructed by the shipyard

Salvaged ships are constructed by the shipyards. It takes the same amount of materials and labor to salvage a ship as it does to build one from scratch.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 4, 2017 3:05:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Altich

But why do this? If you do this, the ocean will inevitably be inflated with ships after some time (since all sinked ships will be salvaged). When this happen, new ships will barely be constructed by the shipyard

Salvaged ships are constructed by the shipyards. It takes the same amount of materials and labor to salvage a ship as it does to build one from scratch.

I know this of course. Based on the suggestion though, the doubloons cost change. So, what I asked is, since at some point everyone will just salvage the sunk ships they want to replace, and very few ships will be bought with the full delivery cost (when the ship market finally inflates), why not reduce the delivery cost to all ships at the beginning? It is barely any different profit-wise for GH, but it is much more convenient and simple for the players.
[Jul 4, 2017 3:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mysteryman64

+1 (or is that +3 now?)

In a different area: Blockade logistics. Supply chains and logistics are an important part of warfare. You shouldn't be able to swabby your cade fleet through hostile water and have it be invulnerable. It's a bit silly on the main oceans, but on what's supposed to be a harder core PVP ocean, it definitely shouldn't be allowed.

I'm entirely fine with leaving the swabby system in place. If folks want to risk losing their War brigs and frigs because they want to staff them with bots to save a bit of money, more power to them.
The Devil's Advocate
[Jul 4, 2017 5:34:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I'm entirely fine with leaving the swabby system in place. If folks want to risk losing their War brigs and frigs because they want to staff them with bots to save a bit of money, more power to them.

Except that you are not able to attack ships that are being transported by swabbies at all...
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jul 4, 2017 6:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I hope for a reset after Beta. I really do.

I am currently leaning towards this, as well.

After all, the purpose of the beta is to test for bugs and correct them, right?

And anyway, they said, and I quote:

Will this ocean be wiped after testing?

We don't currently plan to, but we reserve the option for a wipe in the event that drastic changes are needed. In this unlikely event, we would restore any purchased doubloons + 10%, after the wipe takes place.

(bold type mine) so there should be no need to worry about any money spent. People will get back its worth (or more?) after a reset, if I understand correctly.

Many will probably not like this. 'What about the time we spent? We worked so hard!' -- But the time we spend on beta is supposed to be for testing purposes, right? That's the point. =P And we have to play a lot - try all aspects of it as we can - in order to find those bugs.

I think a fresh start when the real thing finally comes out on Steam is the way to go.

/end rambling
=x
Opsat on all oceans.
[Jul 4, 2017 9:08:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mysteryman64

Except that you are not able to attack ships that are being transported by swabbies at all...

Ah, either that is a change I was not around for or more likely I had just forgotten the fact. If that's the case, then they need to be made open for attack while being transported.
The Devil's Advocate
[Jul 5, 2017 8:05:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

they need to be made open for attack while being transported

That is also a valid alternative. That's effectively the same as disabling it, though, as it would be very easy to set up a PVP to kill a swabby ship.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 5, 2017 10:03:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Radway

they need to be made open for attack while being transported

That is also a valid alternative. That's effectively the same as disabling it, though, as it would be very easy to set up a PVP to kill a swabby ship.

The whole point of swabbie transport is to allow people move their ships without having to be on the ship meanwhile or having to worry about getting engaged in x amount of battles before reaching your destination.
Disabling swabbie in hostile territories is a more viable option
[Jul 5, 2017 1:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I don't see why it matters. The better option would be to not allow ship deeds to be traded between the factions (I'm assuming it's currently possible to do, as long as the ship is not at sea).

If you can't deed swap between factions, and ships can't port at islands held by flags you're at war with, then swabbie ships should auto-port at their originating island, in the event that you try to swabbie them to an island being held by the opposite faction.

Is that sound logic or is there something I'm not considering?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 5, 2017 1:59:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

I don't see why it matters. The better option would be to not allow ship deeds to be traded between the factions (I'm assuming it's currently possible to do, as long as the ship is not at sea).

I don't see the point of that, you'd just job an alt to each faction in turn to bypass it.
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Jul 5, 2017 2:11:58 PM]
[Jul 5, 2017 2:11:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I don't see the point of that, you'd just job an alt to each faction in turn to bypass it.

Oh, you mean trade the deed to an alt that is in the same faction and then that alt leaves the faction and goes to the opposite faction.

Missed that when I was thinking through scenarios. I'd say "don't allow deeds to move between factions", but I wouldn't actually agree with that decision.

Disregard my suggestion then!
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jul 5, 2017 2:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
madesteven

Loving it so far, its already sunk its claws back into me. The nerf to poker is amazing and makes the game feel far more active and alive. I just hope they will get the word out properly.
Jacada
Senior Officer - Anarchist Syndicate
Lord of Versus Terminus
Obsidian Ocean
Defiant Armada

[Jul 5, 2017 2:32:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

If you can't deed swap between factions, and ships can't port at islands held by flags you're at war with, then swabbie ships should auto-port at their originating island, in the event that you try to swabbie them to an island being held by the opposite faction.

If you tie ships to a faction you are so too tying their owners and going against the idea of having pirates be able to switch sides.

Which is why I am very sceptical of that the faction system is going to work out. In regular MMOs individual characters are tied to factions and contain a lot of experience and items that are very time consuming to duplicate. This is not true for puzzle pirates where skill is easy to transfer and assets are very liquid. I wouldn't be surprised if big flags ended up with franchises on both sides and blurring the line. If GH wants for factions to matter they need to put a lot of effort into making them the defining political structure of the ocean and I don't really see that happening.
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Jul 5, 2017 2:39:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

If you tie ships to a faction you are so too tying their owners and going against the idea of having pirates be able to switch sides.

Which is why I am very sceptical of that the faction system is going to work out. In regular MMOs individual characters are tied to factions and contain a lot of experience and items that are very time consuming to duplicate. This is not true for puzzle pirates where skill is easy to transfer and assets are very liquid. I wouldn't be surprised if big flags ended up with franchises on both sides and blurring the line. If GH wants for factions to matter they need to put a lot of effort into making them the defining political structure of the ocean and I don't really see that happening.

See my follow-up post :)
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 

[Jul 5, 2017 3:11:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Radway

That is true, but what i was trying to say that making swabbie ships targetable defeats the point of swabbie in the first place.

It's either we say swabbie is not needed in game anymore (personally i think swabbie is needed) or find a way to solve all the problems at once ( for example trading a ship between two accounts from different factions disables swabbie for x amount of time)
[Jul 5, 2017 3:15:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

When I left my unlocked (not battle-ready) ship, it warned me that it might be sunk if left unlocked.

There's no reason people shouldn't be able to borrow ships in the greywaters. They should just be prevented from charting out of the arch if the ship's not battle-ready.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jul 5, 2017 7:44:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

When I left my unlocked (not battle-ready) ship, it warned me that it might be sunk if left unlocked.

There's no reason people shouldn't be able to borrow ships in the greywaters. They should just be prevented from charting out of the arch if the ship's not battle-ready.

What about standard war between two flags?
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jul 5, 2017 8:01:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

For me: I love the remixed startup music, because man it is epic!

I figured I'd mention this here too. The music was done by Harry Mack, the same person who did the truly amazing Spiral Knights sound track. For those who enjoy video game music, I strongly suggest you check that out on Spotify. He's pretty awesome.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cronus at Jul 5, 2017 8:52:33 PM]
[Jul 5, 2017 8:52:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Hmm... just going to give my 2 cents regarding the 'disable swabbie system' suggestion. (As usual, I expect I'll end up rambling. Apologies in advance.)

I, for one, do not see a problem (in the current system) with being able to swabbie ships per se, to an island to be attacked. Yes, those ships are going to be invulnerable, but they are not going to be able to carry anything in the hold either.
- When they reach port (enemy held), I expect they would need to pay a bribe to dock? (If anyone can answer this please...) At least, I think they should.
- If they were swabbied and therefore carried nothing, materials (rum and cbs) need to be bought at enemy islands. I don't even know if this is possible, has anyone tried this yet? (Also in this line of thought, can defiant owned stalls be opened on shadow land, for example?)
- If buying supplies from the enemy island is not possible, then the attacking flag will need to sail a number of supply ships to the island, and those will not be swabbied and therefore vulnerable to attack.

As for the idea of not allowing trading of deeds between factions, well, that could be something. But then again, what's stopping anyone from trading deeds from a shadow alt to a neutral (crewless) alt then to a defiant alt, for example? ;)

I do, however, understand that the mere idea of docking ships at an enemy port in preparation for blockades is quite... illogical.

So, an idea that would make more sense to me is something like:

A player flotilla. (Pretty sure someone has already suggested something like this before.) But this will not be like the usual BK flotilla. It is just a safe zone for the ships of the attacking faction/flag - a temporary "dock", if you will - where the ships can stay for a prolonged period of time without taking on bilge while sitting on the water. This cannot be attacked to reduce strength like the BK flotillas. (more on this later) But this will be where the attacking ships during the blockade will be coming from - the "ocean side". So this could be set up 1 league point from the enemy island. Perhaps a button saying "Establish Flotilla" will appear on a ship when it has reached 1 lp away from the enemy island.

Now, since this player flotilla is on a league point instead of an island, you cannot swabbie to it. You can swabbie to the next island. You can even swabbie to the target island. But any ships that are going to be used for the blockade should "dock" at the player flotilla first. This way, there will be no need to disable the swabbie system because the attacking faction will have no choice but to sail the ships from the next island or the target island, to the player flotilla, and the ships will be vulnerable along the way.

Even trading deeds of ships docked at the target island to an alt in the enemy faction will also have diminished advantage because the ships will still have to be sailed to the player flotilla 1 lp away, during which they will be vulnerable.

Now, I just want to say why I say this player flotilla should not be vulnerable to attack like the usual BK flotilla to reduce strength -- simply because the blockade itself is the star of the show, not the flotilla. A blockade is scheduled on weekends and people can arrange their schedules so they can show up for it.
The risks taken (and the time and effort given) during the sailing of ships into the player flotilla, I think, is enough. When you are able to bring your ships into the player flotilla you established, it would be nice to wake up during blockade day and see that they are all still there, and wasn't wiped out the night before. =P

Ok. Now, I need lunch...
Opsat on all oceans.
[Jul 5, 2017 9:55:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Anastomosis5

I hope for a reset after Beta. I really do.

I am currently leaning towards this, as well.

After all, the purpose of the beta is to test for bugs and correct them, right?

And anyway, they said, and I quote:

Will this ocean be wiped after testing?

We don't currently plan to, but we reserve the option for a wipe in the event that drastic changes are needed. In this unlikely event, we would restore any purchased doubloons + 10%, after the wipe takes place.

(bold type mine) so there should be no need to worry about any money spent. People will get back its worth (or more?) after a reset, if I understand correctly.

Many will probably not like this. 'What about the time we spent? We worked so hard!' -- But the time we spend on beta is supposed to be for testing purposes, right? That's the point. =P And we have to play a lot - try all aspects of it as we can - in order to find those bugs.

I think a fresh start when the real thing finally comes out on Steam is the way to go.

/end rambling
=x

Any actual arguments to support your idea, other than 'I think they should reset it, i think its the way to go'?

So far all the people I've talked to that wish for a reset are those who had a rough start and are jealous of the ones that have succeded - economically, with a succesful crew, with the first fams, etc you name it -.

If it is not clear enough, I'm 100% against a reset. A brand new ocean is economically unstable, very few things are available, shoppes won't start producing things until a few days after and when they do the first items are ridiculously overpriced, not to mention the variation of dubs overnight in the first few days. Do you think a new player would have a good first impression?

Just because you reset the ocean, doesn't mean new players will have more of a chance at anything. They still have to learn the mechanics, learn to play the game. It only means they'll face an unstable, hostile ocean where things dont quite work yet, and where old players will still, despite a reset, end up getting where they were and what they had.
[Jul 5, 2017 10:10:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Boo to steam. I'll have fun while I can here tho on the Beta.

Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Jul 5, 2017 11:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

Anastomosis5,

I actually don't care much (personally) if they reset it or not.

I don't care for fams and what not. If I see other people succeeding, I am happy for them. =) I don't think I've ever been jealous of anyone's standing or possessions in this game. It's just a game. I've been playing it for years (albeit on and off) and I am happy enough with my Emerald pirate (my main) walking around wearing no shoes and only rags most of (or all) the time. =P I have a few ships. No fams. But I am happy. =) I don't care about all that. =P

And because I don't care much about it, while I did say I am currently leaning towards a reset as well, I didn't really spend all that much time thinking about why they should reset it. I will admit I focused more on the why it shouldn't be a problem if they do reset it. And that's what I pointed out. =)

I guess, what made me sad, and the thing that made me lean towards a reset, is the fact that this early on in the beta (we are in the 1st week still), I am already seeing calls for elite pillages on the notice board.

Now, maybe it's all part of me not thinking about this thoroughly... maybe if I do, I will see that a reset will have no effect on that whatsoever - people will call for elites if they want to, reset or not. But that was my (most likely lame) reason for thinking a reset would probably be better.

I may be wrong, but most people in the beta are probably old players (current and returning). I doubt there are any really new ones. If there are, they are probably very few.

But I thought that when the game is finally launched on Steam, it will then definitely (or should) attract Steam players who were never before exposed to YPP.
If those new Steam people come and see elite pillages on the board, what can they join?
If by the time the game comes out on Steam, and those going out on pillages choose to job the old pirate from beta over the new Steam player simply because the beta pirate has a nicer profile, what can the new Steam players join?
I thought that maybe a reset will at least make the playing field more level.

True. The old players will still be at an advantage. They will already know what to do, while the really new players will still need to find their way around. But I thought maybe, with a reset, the new players will be going up a hill, rather than a mountain.

And yes, you are correct, facing an unstable economy will probably not make a very good impression on these new players. But (and again, I'm not thinking about this very thoroughly at the moment) at least old and new players alike will be facing this unstable economy together? And I somehow have this idea that when the game is launched, it should be very clear (I mean, it's written down somewhere in the welcome page or something) that we are entering uncharted waters. I may be wrong, but I somehow think that if a new player knows that, they'd understand that there will be a lot of working in the beginning, and some may even see that as a challenge.

As for the overly priced doubloons... I am still hoping... that the devs are looking into that and will come up with some solution. After all, they said, and I quote:

Do we need doubloons for this testing period?

Yes, we'd like to test how the doubloon economy fits into the Dark Seas world. However, we will be seeding the Doubloon Exchange with some cheap doubloons that can be purchased with Pieces of Eight, in order to facilitate initial testing.

So... that somehow gives me the idea that something about the doubloons is part of the test. Perhaps they learned something from the beta players' initial reaction during the opening of the beta? Perhaps they'd put a cap during the Steam launch? Perhaps they'd listen to the suggestions of reducing the dub delivery prices of ships, etc.? I don't know. But I'm still hoping there will be a remedy to the doubloon issues.

In any case, I am not married to the idea of a reset. If they do it, no problem for me. If they don't, no problem either.

I guess, for my issue with elite pillages on the board, I will just have to hope that there are (more) people out there who will be more welcoming than not.
Opsat on all oceans.
[Jul 6, 2017 12:04:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Anastomosis5

If the ocean is reset, it will take elite people a couple hours at most to get their main, pillaging-relevant stats back up. Then people would start jobbing elite again. You would have reset the ocean to give new players 2 or 3 hours of 'generous jobbing' because at the very beginning everyone is novice/able in everything. 2 or 3 hours after that, the scenario will be pretty much as it is now, except the ocean would be unstable as I mentioned earlier.

Also, elite pillages aren't a bad thing at all. I was once yelled at for running a CI with Ren + requierments. Someone told me it was unfair I didn't job them because they had no stats. Is it unfair? I'm putting my own money at risk, entering a sinky zone with my own ship, the minimum is that I get to decide who is on board right? Why can't he run a risky SMH himself and see if he'd like to job people whos rank is distinguished at most? If I made the effort to run a CI/Pillage/Flotilla/Whatever, I'm in ALL my right to decide who I job.

Lastly, in y experiene in Obsidian so far, 1/3 of the pillages are normally 'elite'; and very rearely you see one that states you need Ren + or GM+ staation to join. These exceptional cases are generally legendary Bnavvers who know very well what they're doing and want to go for very high booty ramps, which would not be possible with people mediocre at puzzling aboard. Most pillages welcome anybody that applies.

So, I truly dont see why wold you think a reset is a good or even neutral idea at all; it is, in my opinion, a bad idea.
[Jul 6, 2017 8:53:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates