• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8570 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
1Artemis1

Pirated Deleted - Purchased Doubloons via Steam to secure it though. Reply to this Post

Hi there,

I made the decision to purchase doubloons on my Steam PP account to avoid losing my character, it's been months since I've played and my character is no longer available. What should I do? I intentionally purchased doubloons so I could come back to the game because I knew I couldn't play it constantly.

I hope to hear back, perhaps I overlooked something.

Cheers,
1Artemis1
[May 16, 2016 11:07:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Pirated Deleted - Purchased Doubloons via Steam to secure it though. Reply to this Post

Make sure that you are logging in to the correct ocean. Did you receive an email that said your pirates would be purged? Also, you should immediately start a petition to the OceanMasters requesting undeletion if it hasn't been too long.
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[May 16, 2016 12:12:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: Pirated Deleted - Purchased Doubloons via Steam to secure it though. Reply to this Post

If you reinstall the game (or install the game on a new computer), you will end up on a random ocean.

Also, you should immediately start a petition to the OceanMasters requesting undeletion if it hasn't been too long.

It is my understanding that purged pirates cannot be undeleted, the undeletion thing is for accidental deletions.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 16, 2016 8:46:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

It is my understanding that purged pirates cannot be undeleted, the undeletion thing is for accidental deletions.

You're probably right there.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[May 16, 2016 9:06:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

It's likely that you are looking for your pirates in the wrong account. If you just can't find them please contact support . Make sure to include pirate name and ocean!
[May 16, 2016 11:07:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1Artemis1

Sorry for the late reply, life events took over and I ended up playing some other games, I wanted to play PP some more but I'm hesitant cause I do not want to lose money or progress a second time.

@Clotho, It is my steam account so it isn't the wrong account, I also played on Emerald only, I remembered the ocean name. I would like to get back into the game but sadly I do not feel any of my pirates will be safe and I would be forced to play just to keep them, I'd like to take a long break if needed without having to worry about losing my time and money.

It's been quite a while since my pirate was deleted so I highly doubt I'll get it back but I'd like to know if I do it again that it will be safe from deletion. This was a childhood game of mine so sometimes I like playing for the nostalgia and it is still fun for me, just wish it were more populated.
[Dec 1, 2016 11:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

To save your pirates from being deleted, make any purchase using real money on the account the pirates are on.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Dec 2, 2016 11:42:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

To save your pirates from being deleted, make any purchase using real money on the account the pirates are on.

Someone didn't even read the thread did they?
Jjc & Jice on Emerald
[Dec 2, 2016 12:16:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Someone didn't even read the thread did they?

I did?
#TeamPurple
[Dec 2, 2016 12:54:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deadtooth

Hello,

I'm sorry what happened to you.

It sounds like you are ok with moving on and just want to ensure what happened won't happen again.

However, if you do want to try to petition for your doubloons or money back, and seeing as the OMs (?) appear to not have responded or have not resolved your issue for several months, perhaps you should petition Steam for a resolution?

They may be able to act as a middleman, ensuring all transaction disputes are responded to and handled appropriately, much like eBay or PayPal. In other words, even if they cannot force a refund or in-game action, they might still be able to force a response.

Also, I was unaware there is a limit on pirates being saved during account downtimes. Is that a thing? They can't possibly take up a significant amount of server space. Seeing as names, in a community this tight-knit, are very important to the one unique pirate being as everyone knows that name to that real person, deleting pirates for names (as server space and/or server cost, clearly, cannot be a reasonable reason for deletion) seems unreasonable and definitely not well-thought out, assuming of course that is the case. I would be glad to hear a response on this, from someone within or affiliated to Grey Havens.
Dreadtooth of the Emerald Ocean.

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"
[Dec 2, 2016 1:22:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Deleting_pirates#Purging
#TeamPurple
[Dec 2, 2016 3:42:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Hello everyone!

We do not provide support via the forums, although we do sometimes reply to point them in the right direction. If an account has made a purchase with us it will be safe from purging, but in order to locate it we need payment information and that is not something that should ever be posted in a public forum!

The best way to get issues about accounts resolved is to contact support as suggested in my post here.
https://www.puzzlepirates.com/support/
[Dec 14, 2016 7:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates