• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 41
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4720 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
patgangster

Re: Vampire Discussion Thread Reply to this Post

Saw there was an update and figured I'd try to hunt for one of those vampire boats again.

I got the vampire expedition after winning a battle, but the ship that spawned wasn't visible to me so I couldn't engage it.

also I don't believe that's a brigand king
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Apr 13, 2021 10:30:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

:o

Well, there's a BK with skellies so maybe there'll be a BK with vamps?

/s
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Apr 13, 2021 5:46:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MaxPain

The invisible ship seems to be a bk related bug at a glance. It happened to me with Finnius.

From the two proper vampire battles I had, I can say they behave like a brigand king. Might be just me, but from my experience with brigand kings, they are a bit unlike regular bots. The battles feel more intense (as long as they keep shooting) and last second moves are not as efficient since they tend to ambush you with one of their own.

At least for now it points towards a brigand king, which raises one point about expedition frequency if it is introduced as such.With all the other brigand kings and expeditions, vampires might be a rare sight.
Icce on Sage
[Apr 14, 2021 4:21:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Us: Sloop (3 Pirates + 4 Bots)
Route: Shatterstone to Eieio
Ship configuration: Very Hard Brigands

We were able to spawn 1 Vampire sloop with 7 aboard out of the 6 battles we did. 2 of us had no prior experience sword-fighting vampires before hand. The battle ended quickly with a score of Max-1. The impression I got from the sea battle was that it ignores the ship configuration and most likely took into account the route we were on. It was very easy with the ship going for grapples right from the first turn. I'll assume that won't be the case if we were on a harder route.

The SF was quite unforgiving on the other hand even with just one line of damage on our end. All 4 of our bots were quickly eliminated. I imagine with more damage on our ship, it would be exponentially harder to line up the combos needed to counter the blood-blocks especially when you have an entire ship of vampires throwing them at you.

I would request that to make it less frustrating for newer players that want to get in on the fun, especially those running solo/undermanned pillages on easy routes, the amount of vampires aboard the ship be reduced so it mirrors how greedies work. For example you have 2 humans on your ship - you battle 2 vampires + 5 regular brigand bots in the fray. And if you have a ship full of humans then you can take on a ship full of vampires and so on. This way it is still challenging to do on harder runs and not so difficult that it discourages people from hiring newer/less experienced players to help hunt them down.

Question: I noticed an increase in the amount of BK spawns we were receiving. Is this because vampire ships are tied in with Brigand Kings or do you wish for us to test something specific with BK battles?

PS: Some battles are still awarding this:
"Ye received a toy component: Stuffed steed starter."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Stan5 at Apr 14, 2021 10:10:54 AM]
[Apr 14, 2021 10:02:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Question: I noticed an increase in the amount of BK spawns we were receiving. Is this because vampire ships are tied in with Brigand Kings or do you wish for us to test something specific with BK battles?

For testing purposes, Crabby gave expedition drop rates a massive increase (and disabled the forages, THs and yeties)
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Apr 14, 2021 12:00:11 PM]
[Apr 14, 2021 11:59:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Ahoy!

As noted in the announcement thread, we're going to be doing some testing this Sunday at 2 PM pirate time on the vampire frays. Please let us know your feedback especially after you go through several frays and get used to the pattern etc.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[May 21, 2021 10:56:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Will pirates have free access to Ice? or we still need a subscription?
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[May 22, 2021 8:47:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Will pirates have free access to Ice? or we still need a subscription?

Same rules will apply for Ice during the test. We don't need huge numbers of people for this particular test.
[May 23, 2021 2:07:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

The discussion thread for this specific test of the pattern options can be found here. This way it's easier for Crabby to know what feedback is from this test.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cronus at May 23, 2021 4:24:02 PM]
[May 23, 2021 2:08:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Vampire frays seem awesome.. I see a lot of people enjoying them.
Now here's my question..
Will you please make the vampires Swords available for us pirates?? Even if it's only for halloween..
I bet they look awesome in portraits!!
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Cattrin
[Jul 2, 2021 3:09:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Vampire frays seem awesome.. I see a lot of people enjoying them.
Now here's my question..
Will you please make the vampires Swords available for us pirates?? Even if it's only for halloween..
I bet they look awesome in portraits!!

Considering all other fray specific swords are not obtainable. I would assume they will keep to that with these as well. :(
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jul 2, 2021 1:30:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates