• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2813 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
FooQueso

1,000,000 Poe Barnabas Flotilla Attack Thur June 8th (10am entry) Reply to this Post

What?: Flotilla Attack
When?: Wednesday (June 7th), Enter 10am Game time (Jobbing starts at 9am game time) Will anyone even be on?.
Where?: Conveniently located off of Olin's Brow (where the heck is that?)
Why?: To get new Flot trophies (and maybe kill off BK before it drops for block at noon.)
Current Status of Flotilla: 26 sinks

We will attempt to enter Flotilla at 10am Gametime with a war brig.
We will enter with a minimum of 20 mates.. but hopefully we can get more. If we get 40 people we will try a War Frig.. what?.

We will add 15k per sink to the booty (averaging 4 to 5 sinks each of the 5 attempts so far... and divide at port regardless if we sink or not. So, basically guaranteed pay for any sinks [red or green]. (Only get paid for sinks if you're still on the ship and we sink unfortunately... as we will have to divide at port on another ship.)

If you're still jobbing on the ship when the flotilla is killed off we will do a separate division for those that are still on the ship of 1,000,000 poe. (Basically, if you're still on the ship when we kill the flot you're included in the 1,000,000 poe division. If you had to leave during the attack, unfortunately you will not be included in the 1,000,000 poe division.)

If we sink in the first hour.. we will try again on another WB with the same parameters. (or we will attempt again regardless if we still have enough people on a bagh.)

Thanks to the support of all those that have come out for the flotilla attacks this past week.

Hope to see some mates tomorrow for what could possibly be the end of the flotilla.

Fooqueso *oseuqooF
Captain of No Soup For Crew
King of The Wanton
Really Sick of Flotillas
[Jun 7, 2017 5:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FooQueso

Re: 1,000,000 Poe Barnabas Flotilla Attack Thur June 8th (10am entry) Reply to this Post

Flotilla update:
Barnabas The Pale Flotilla killed off at 11:59am Thursday with a galleon sink... Our war brig was a slight nudge from sinking as well while sending the final kill shots to their galleon. (We actually sunk the next turn as their ships left the board.)

32 sinks: 2 Galleons, 3 Merch Brigs, and 27 cutters

Not sure if there is an equation to figure out ship sink value.. or if it's just random.. or some flots take more than others.. but that's the #'s for all of you accountants out there.

Thanks to all the people that came out over the last week to help sink this flot. Can't do this without any of you. Getting harder and harder to get a War Brig with 20 people on board into a flot on Cerulean. Had to go in a couple times on a baghlah due to low jobber turn out (which surprisingly worked out ok)... but definitely not as effective as a war brig. Not looking forward to the day when we have to try to attack a flotilla with a sloop.

Divided 1,090,000 amongst those still on ship... for an 84,055 poe per person payout.

Hopefully some others will take up the flotilla attack duty... as there are still 3 flotillas now on Cerulean. Believe me, I'd rather be doing something else then paying out large sums of poe to coerce jobbers to help out. Or is the poe not important? Hehe, 25 poe per sink might work after all then.

Thanks again to those that helped out... cya at the next Flotilla I hope.

Fooqueso *oseuqooF
King of The Wanton
Really Sick of Flotillas
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by FooQueso at Jun 8, 2017 1:34:38 PM]
[Jun 8, 2017 1:09:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Re: 1,000,000 Poe Barnabas Flotilla Attack Thur June 8th (10am entry) Reply to this Post

Wish I could have been there tonight, had to work until 2pm game time :( Personally, I don't go on these for the eights (if I were on tonight I'd have sent the 85k back to you), not sure what draws other players though

Look for me this weekend, I'll send 100k over your way to help defray the 1m you shelled out

On another note, great job on killing this thing off!

Edit: To fray or not to fray...
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jun 8, 2017 2:31:42 PM]
[Jun 8, 2017 2:30:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

I will try load for a flot tomorrow friday. Hopefully we can set sail/enter around noon game time. Loading will start 11am game time.

To those that go because of poe. I usually add poe at the end. And my crew cut is set to give out 95% pay.

Anyways. Hope to see as many of you there for a bit of fun. :)
Fourteen global chats, "How do monsters like their eggs? terri-fried!"
Hera global chats, "I'm muting you Fourteen for terrible jokes."
[Jun 8, 2017 2:38:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FooQueso

Thanks Majestrate. You logged off seemingly almost immediately after sending me the poe. Much appreciated, and it will surely be paid forward.

I'm not sure what motivates anyone to job for anything in YPP... but I figure additional poe is at least some sort of incentive for those that need one beyond winning the new trophies or a chance at an injury. When you're trying to get a minimum of 20 people on a war brig and only 32 people are online it's depressing to think that we need nearly 80% of of those online to help in a flot... versus a dub ocean that might need only 7%.

People log on to do things other than flots (commod runs, KH, pillage, stand around)... and it's refreshing when seemingly the entire ocean comes together to help towards a common goal. But, I'm realistic that eventually people will move on and want to do something else other than job in a flotilla everyday they log on.. which will in effect kill the chances of loading a war brig... which will in effect kill the chances of killing flots... which will in effect cause more bk blockades.. which will in effect just cause people to not defend their islands so that the flot will disappear.... etc etc etc.

I guess we should try while we still can... or flotillas will go the way of the other stuff nearly impossible to do without more humans. This is a MMORPG.. but the MM no longer stands for "Massively Multiplayer" and more like "Minimal Multiplayer". (You thought one of the M's stood for Majestrate?)

Thanks again.

Fooqueso *oseuqooF
King of The Wanton
Really Sick of Flotillas
[Edit 1 times, last edit by FooQueso at Jun 8, 2017 11:26:29 PM]
[Jun 8, 2017 9:30:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Not everybody does it for the money but one person in our crew who was jobbing yesterday has recently (in the past month) returned to playing and was very excited to get the bonus as it is more than she has ever had before. You do an excellent job against flotillas & did not disappoint us this week.
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Jun 9, 2017 9:26:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates