• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 627 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Florianlp

Rework / Extension of the Swabbie System? Reply to this Post

Pre-Word
Hi everyone, havent been here since probably 8 Years and recently got into the Game again. Its nice to see that there is still a decent Playerbase playing this wonderful game. I would like to discuss an Idea of mine, which is intended to improve the overall-gameplay and make the Ocean(s) feel more alive - even at times where not many players active.

The Idea
While most people are complaining about the small player base, and the obviously missing effort to advertise (sorry GH) this game - which even in 2021 is very unique - and suggesting ideas to get more Players into the game, i tought about a Way which would basically "replace" the missing player-numbers or atleast out-balance it.

Before going into Detail i would like to list some Things that would be affected by this:

1.) Voyage System (including SMHs)
2.) Economy System (including Stalls/Shops)
3.) Crew/Flag System (including Blockades)

and probably alot more which i didnt think about.

Rework /Extension of Swabbies
The Main Idea is to Rework/Extend the Purpose of Swabbies/Bots in a Way that they act like "Real" Players. Basically this would mean that there could be an limited number (lets say 5.000 as an Example) of Bots which basically play the Game like a real Person.

This means every Bot could have the same things as Players:
Houses...
Items...
Ships...
Crews...
Flags...
Shops...
Stalls...

this would highly impact the ocean economy, which makes it important to find a good balance, basically the bots would stock their ships if they need to and could order from player stalls/shops or from bot stalls/shops.

i think you get in what direction this would go. additionally it could be possible that bots actually APPLY for Voyages on the Notice Board. Including SMHs. As mentioned the bots should be like real players and improve in their puzzles. So each bot would have different Stats (and should be able to TH in case of SMH)

something like this should be discussed and maybe implemented in a different way.. thats just an spontan idea of me.. you could also implement "slaves" which are basically "bots" which you own - which you can train. You could compare it with the fam and pet system. You could invest poe to improve the Stats of your "bots" and use them to SOLO-SMH for example. (if you own 44 bots, just go solo SMH, but like with real players the chests should be distributed almost the same way)

something like that.... whats you opinion on this, whats your idea of this "System" ? )

kind regards
florian
[Jun 7, 2021 12:54:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Rework / Extension of the Swabbie System? Reply to this Post

I have an idea: let's work on features that encourage humans to play the game as it's intended for us!
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jun 7, 2021 1:00:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Re: Rework / Extension of the Swabbie System? Reply to this Post

Voyage system is pretty good, only thing is missing is skilled swabbies, or at least more swabbies to go into flotillas or SMHs is where small playerbases cannot do unforunately. More freedom in this category is what players have called out for since 2013. They've given us more swabbies for Pillaging, Evading, Vikings, IOs, Brigand Kings, Expeditions, just need them in SMHs and Flotillas.
Economy System is fine as its healthy on Emerald as its active compared to other oceans where the Economy is broken and hardly works due to inactive playerbase (more oceans empty than full Since 2012).
Crew/Flag System is fine as well, Blockades are always intended for PvP anyway you can do sloop vs sloop cades which do happen on other oceans.
----------------------------------------
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Jun 7, 2021 11:47:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates