mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 27, 2020 12:51:42 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by CapnCrunch at Jul 20, 2003 11:45:49 AM
Hang at "Checking Media"
First post in a long time but I'm ready to plunge into the beta. However, after a successful install I consistently just can't get past "Checking Media" on the application. It just searches and searches, etc. Any tips?

Posted by Anonymous at Jul 21, 2003 4:39:54 AM
Re: Hang at "Checking Media"
Are you using the Windows installer? If so, go to the directory in which you had it installed (the default is C:Program Files\Yohoho\ I believe). From there go into Java\javaws and run the program in that directory called javaws.

If you're not using the Windows installer, but installed Java by hand, there should be an entry in the Programs menu called "Java Web Start", run that.

In that program, select File -> Preferences from the menu. From there click on the "Advanced" tab and click the "Show Java Console" checkbox. That will cause a log to be displayed while you are running the game that you can copy and paste and email to us at bugs@puzzlepirates.com so that we can try to diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hopefully we'll be able to get things shipe shape.

Posted by muffy at Jul 21, 2003 5:06:31 AM
hang on "Checking media"
I've had this problem as well, and submitted a bug about it. It's been consistent for the last two weeks or so. However, if ye wait about 20 minutes, it will actually finish "Checking media" and let ye log in, so be patient and go do somethin' else for a while while it starts up. And do make sure to submit a bug with the log, as suggested.
----------------------------------------

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates