mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 27, 2020 12:43:08 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by jasandrea at Jan 28, 2008 2:35:10 PM
Minor Chat Suggestion -- "too busy" messages
The "X is Ying and may be too busy to reply" messages are useful, but fair to middling annoying if you're managing to both Y and hold a conversation at the same time.

It'd be much nicer if the auto-reply was only sent out the first time it was needed in a given conversation. Things that might count as a new first time would be if X switched to a different activity, if X started a new game, if X changed scenes, if X or the person sending tells to X logged off and back on again, etc, so it wouldn't eliminate the auto-replies entirely, but it'd sure be nice for a couple of people who are both playing carousing puzzles to be able to have a conversation without the constant additional chatspam.

(Yes, I searched on this. Yes, I imagine it's already been suggested and I just didn't find it. Yes, I imagine Faulkston will be along momentarily to show me the error of my search-fu.)

----------------------------------------
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.

Posted by Faulkston at Jan 28, 2008 7:43:52 PM
Re: Minor Chat Suggestion -- "too busy" messages
It was proposed in the minor game design annoyances thread:
Minor Game Design annoyances (Idea Links):Chat:Channels:Send the auto-response once then not again until it is changed or the recipient doesn't send a tell for at least 5 minutes

Faulkston,
meta-linky

Posted by jasandrea at Jan 30, 2008 7:50:43 AM
Re: Minor Chat Suggestion -- "too busy" messages
Thanks, Faulkston.

Sigh. Normally I have good google-fu, but when it comes to Game Design suggestions, I find it hard to narrow the field appropriately. Searching 'chat auto reply' only in Game Design still turned up hundreds of results.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates