mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 23, 2020 11:25:48 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Quisinart at Jul 2, 2003 5:44:06 AM
Flag-wide chatmode
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I think that a flag-wide chatmode would help the organization of private flag business amongst the royalty.
-Cabinboy, the finest fancy lad in the seven seas
----------------------------------------
-Cabinboy, the fanciest fancy lad in the seven seas.

Posted by Penndalla at Jul 2, 2003 6:04:17 AM
Re: Flag-wide chatmode
I propose a crew broadcast channel that allows all royalty, captains, and maybe first mates to send broadcasts to all flag members. Please DO NOT make it a mega crew talk. =P
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all

Posted by Quisinart at Jul 2, 2003 6:30:25 AM
I personally would like to see both implemented.

Posted by homullus at Jul 2, 2003 6:37:30 AM
Captains, first mates and royalty would make it mega crew talk, especially since there is no end to any of those positions within a flag . . . you could make 10 crews of 10 first mates each.

Royalty-only, perhaps, but it can wait. Being able to post news and issues should be enough for most purposes.

Posted by Cleaver at Jul 2, 2003 8:02:16 AM
Flag chat
We are antsy about doing a flag-wide chat channel as it would indeed be a fiasco of noise.

We will do Flag broadcast for Titles/Royalty at some point, as that'd be handy.

Posted by Quisinart at Jul 2, 2003 2:04:46 PM
well, ye could make it mutable if people didnt want to be bothered with it.

Posted by xagoloth at Mar 16, 2004 5:58:52 PM
Would it be possible to extend the flag broadcast to Captains of crew? I am surprised its not there already.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com

Posted by ramirojr at Mar 16, 2004 6:08:50 PM
Can titlees use the broadcast? If not, they probably should be able.
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

Posted by fr4nk at Mar 16, 2004 6:13:26 PM
Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us a way to mute chat channels before changing them!
Misery

Posted by 54x at Mar 16, 2004 6:52:46 PM
This has been discussed before. Muting channels doesn't give people a proper indication of who is listening. You should just beat your crewmates/flagmates over the head if they're annoying you. Alternatively, have some fun and join in :D

Hmmm. What about titled members getting /fb? Might make people think a bit more about who they make titled.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?

Posted by xagoloth at Mar 16, 2004 6:54:49 PM
Titled and Captains access to /fb. I forgot that titled members don't have flag broadcast chat option.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com

Posted by ramirojr at Mar 16, 2004 7:09:16 PM
Right now, titlees don't have any real role or purpose in-game. So, as Diamondblade hinted, no much importance is put on titlees and positions aren't very strict. Sure, a flag broadcast option is a small thing, but at least it gives them some importance. (Also, I'm glad my guess was right!)
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

Posted by 54x at Mar 16, 2004 7:18:57 PM
Jack: I know some flags have clearly defined roles for titled members, but if your captains really do need a flag broadcast option, it IS possible to just title them if the only change were to give /fb to titled members, too.

Oh, and that reminds me: New colour for /royalty? I get tons of chat-booches from royals thinking it's a /foff.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?

Posted by fr4nk at Mar 16, 2004 9:39:12 PM
54x wrote: 
This has been discussed before. Muting channels doesn't give people a proper indication of who is listening. You should just beat your crewmates/flagmates over the head if they're annoying you. Alternatively, have some fun and join in :D

I have an idea.. create an alt.. and a one man crew.. just for experimental purposes, mind, and join our flag, and then you can spend your entire day reading whisk requests, too!

It doesn't matter how many times I beat them over the head, or how many times those beatings are repeated by Thanos, people do not listen.

Sea battle + /fo + /crew == death.

Either give me a /mutefo, etc., feature.. or at least allow me to turn off chat when puzzling (but still log it like if I'm crowing I can read it, or if I exit a puzzle.)
Misery

Posted by wnorman at Mar 16, 2004 11:33:22 PM
54x wrote: 

Oh, and that reminds me: New colour for /royalty? I get tons of chat-booches from royals thinking it's a /foff.

This is an issue for /officer vs. /crew too. Same color = much chat booching.
Shark
Captain of Ransack Marauders
Prince and Admiral of Silver Dawn

[size=9]Greenie says, "are you a rael shark/"

Posted by davidsinger at Mar 17, 2004 2:04:57 AM
Silver Dawn are /fo fiends and never shutup. I am probably guilty myself, but instead of a mute button, we should just make it less appealing to type. If you HAD to type /flagofficer everytime and it didn't appear when you pressed up in the chat box, people wouldn't be having useless conversations. This won't happen, but it's my two cents on the issue.
Ironfisted
Ransack Marauders
Ex-Royal and Present Member of Silver Dawn

[size=9]If you don't live in Ruby, you are worthless.

Posted by Ashleigh at Mar 17, 2004 2:24:17 AM
fr4nk wrote: 

I have an idea.. create an alt.. and a one man crew.. just for experimental purposes, mind, and join our flag, and then you can spend your entire day reading whisk requests, too!

You'd think with how snarky everyone in general has been getting over flag that certain people would get the HINT that it's freaking annoying as heck to hear ' May I have a whisk to Diamond, please? ' I suppose getting told to take Navy isn't enough of a hint. Eh?

Yes, a mute option for flag WOULD be nice. Even if it only lasted 10 minutes at a pop.

And oh yes, I've muted various flag members, it seems that muting only stays active for so long. Such a pity...
[size=9]If I cared I'd be in game.

Posted by atteSmythe at Mar 17, 2004 2:33:51 AM
Aye, Ironfisted has it right. Our officers are relentless on the /foff.

One solution would be to allow the easy creation of long-distance 'chat circles.' Generally, our /foff is abused when 4-5 people on different crews, often in different archis, want to have a conversation. You can't really tell 'em to knock it off, because there's not really another option. /foff can be used easily in puzzles, on ship, or on land. It's really convenient.

Personally, for the time or two that it's really goofed me up (like being unable to call targetting in sea battle), I think it's been more than worth it for promoting unity in the flag.

atteSmythe,
guilty as charged

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

Posted by Crystallina at Mar 17, 2004 5:13:05 AM
Throwing my 2 poe in:

/officer DEFINITELY needs a distinguishing trait other than "Crystallina officer chats". Usually when I'm saying something over /officer, I have a really good reason to do so, and it can be time-consuming to always append "<=== this is *Officer* chat! /o! yup yup." or something like that. Don't have any opinion on royalty versus /fo because I've never seen it. /fo is a similar color to tells, however.
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates