Print at Feb 26, 2021 10:52:08 AM
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
Posted by Apollo at Jan 25, 2007 5:17:39 PM
Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]
Valentine's Day Contest

WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE!

I had a message from the Office. It said:

Dear Apollo,

We are very disappointed at your persistent refusal to provide a recorded serenade of "You Are My Sunshine" for the CEO. After consulting your contract, we have reluctantly acknowledged that we cannot force you to comply with this out-of-game request. However, you took on a shared responsibility for Player Events, and we can therefore force you to do something mortifying in that regard, even if you are obstinate in other ways. You will host... A VALENTINE'S EVENT. You will ask players to provide romantic tokens for the OceanMasters and the Developers. You will be happy to do this. You will be frisky.

Fair winds,

The Office.

I replied:

Gah! Pesky contract! Can I make the ordeal completely hideous for all the above-mentioned OceanMasters and Developers?

Apollo.

Apollo,

Do I count as an OceanMaster or a Developer?

No.

Go right ahead, then.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Darlings! Sweeties! Gorgeous wonderful bunnies! Shuranthae! (Rrrrrrr!)

Valentine's Day is coming up!
I know that you dream constantly of presenting one of the OceanMasters or Developers with a little something special! You want to buy them a gift, create a unique tribute, take them on a romantic date, a dream cruise, a special day! You lurrrrrve them. You know you do. Show us how you'd romance your crush and you could win fabulous prizes - even a date portrait with him or her.

We're leaving the criteria open so you can be creative! But please - no profanity, and no offensive or lewd content. If you're wondering whether your entry is appropriate or not, it's probably not. Our OceanMasters and Developers are innocent as seraphim, sweet as roses, green as the mistletoe, spotless as the unhuskied snow. It's wove, twue wove that they're after in this contest.

"But Apollo, what tributes should we post?"
Dear children, whatever you please! Whatever takes your fancy! Write a story! Write a poem! Draw a picture or an avatar! Sing a song! Create a YouTube Video! Make a photo/screenshot collage! Knit a hat! Make a doll! Send in a photograph of yourself in a public place with a sign saying "I <3 Eurydice"! Create an original romantic dinner menu! Tell us a scheduled itinerary of an imagined romantic day! Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils!

How do I submit?
Ye must post your entry to the appropriate entry thread! There are three entry threads: one for OceanMasters whose name begins with A-E, one for OceanMasters whose name begins with F-Z, one for Developers. If you make something physical and also want to send it in, then PM Thalette to arrange this.

Entry thread for OceanMasters A-E
Entry thread for OceanMasters F-Z
Entry thread for Developers

If your target is on this list, then s/he is an Oceanmaster: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Oceanmaster
If your target is on this list, then s/he counts as a Developer for this contest: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ringer
(Not everyone on that list is a Developer, but it's the most convenient list)

Who are the judges?
The OceanMasters and Developers themselves! You forum tarts may pitch in yer two pennies on this here thread. We'll read all your comments and take them into consideration! The final shortlist will be a group decision by the OMs and Devs. Ye will get extra points if yer target is impressed by yer proposal! But beware lest ye offend them!! We'll give merit based upon creativity, humor and hard work!

What are the prizes?
The grand prize winner will get a red familiar (red octopus, red monkey, or maroon/red parrot)!
The runners up will receive mystery gifts from their object of affection!
We reserve the right to award spot prizes for any number of inadequate and random reasons!

When is the deadline?
Partway through Valentine's Day itself - 12 noon PST on February 14th 2007.

Can I use entries from other events?
You are welcome to use previous and current events as inspiration, but anything entered into an existing event is ineligible for this event - you need to do something new.

Can I submit multiple entries?
You may submit entries for a maximum of TWO OceanMasters and ONE developer. More than that, and they will implode with jealousy.

What information do I need to post?
To be valid, our entry post must:
* Be posted in the correct thread
* Include your pirate name and ocean
* Include the OM or Dev target of your entry

I forgot my pirate name and ocean and I can't edit my post!
Go to "My Profile" at the top of the screen, and update your signature so that it clearly displays your pirate name and ocean. That will then show on all your posts, and I'm happy to accept that as meeting the requirement.

But Apollo, surely it's completely unfair that you are hosting this event, and you could just completely skew the judging and cheat and declare everyone who made something lovely for you to be the winners zomg OM bias
Eek! You're quite right. How awful! How tragic! I'm so glad you mentioned this before it was too late. I must regretfully add a rule that, as the host of this excellent contest, alas! alack!, I must request that you do not include me as a target for these so-gorgeous tributes.

Dear Apollo,

That was really sneaky. I'm not sure you're allowed to do that.

The Office.

Dear Office,

Watch me.

Apollo.

Posted by satin11 at Jan 25, 2007 5:23:53 PM
Re: Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff!
.../e cries...

But, but... now I have to think of someone else!

me pouts. You'll still be my true wub, Apollo.

/e winks
----------------------------------------
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

Posted by PogoBeta at Jan 25, 2007 5:42:18 PM
Apollo wrote: 
no profanity, and no offensive or lewd content.

I'm out.

Familiars be damned, I said I'm not gonna jump at every familiar art contest, and I'm sticking to it.

...plus I hate Valentine's Day. <3
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...

Posted by Apollo at Jan 25, 2007 5:43:27 PM

Familiars be damned, I said I'm not gonna jump at every familiar art contest, and I'm sticking to it.
<3

So don't do art. ;)

Posted by Synful at Jan 25, 2007 5:49:00 PM
May we enter more than once? I mean, come on, how does one decide between the likes of Nemesis and Nemo?
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Candiice at Jan 25, 2007 5:49:34 PM
You're so cute Apollo. I love you. <3

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB

Posted by PogoBeta at Jan 25, 2007 5:51:58 PM

<3

So don't do art. ;)

Actually, just before I posted above, I deleted a line that said "(This is a visual art contest for purposes of my entering, because that's the only kind of entry I'd be willing to put forth)" If I wasn't already investing too much of my time in Taco's event, I'd probably enter this one (though I'd have to debate which OM or Dev to choose, since I tend to shove all my effort into a single entry, when possible)... actually that brings me to a question:

Synful sniped me while I was Previewing Post: Are entries restricted in number? Can one entrant make valentine's tribute for multiple Devs/OMs? Can one entrant make multiple entries for the same Dev/OM?
Pogo on Midnight

Posted by Synful at Jan 25, 2007 5:54:03 PM
Add:
Can we make different entries for each OM/dev?
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Apollo at Jan 25, 2007 6:00:21 PM
You may choose a maximum of TWO OceanMasters and ONE Developer to woo. They get terribly jealous, you know. ;)

Posted by ponytailguy at Jan 25, 2007 6:17:12 PM

You may choose a maximum of TWO OceanMasters and ONE Developer to woo. They get terribly jealous, you know. ;)
As in up to three per entry, or as in up to three entries maximum?
The Ghost of Oceans Past

Posted by Candiice at Jan 25, 2007 6:17:54 PM

You're so cute Apollo. I love you. <3

LilCandi~

Tee hee. Just to assure everyone, I'm not a crazy fan girl. This event sounds like fun, and I think it's the cutest event Apollo has ever done. So I love him. ^^; Could we write something up, like a petition or letter to an OM/dev?

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB

Posted by Apollo at Jan 25, 2007 6:20:07 PM

As in up to three per entry, or as in up to three entries maximum?

Up to three entries. Each entry addressed to only one person.

Could we write something up, like a petition or letter to an OM/dev?
Aye, letters or petitions are fine. Really - anything you fancy. :)

Posted by da_ripper at Jan 25, 2007 6:22:33 PM
When you say no profanity, does damn and hell count also =). Since Hell is a place most of us will eventually go =P. (Don't deny it.)

But can we?

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.

Posted by Arty_pirate at Jan 25, 2007 6:25:43 PM
In the myth, Everyone loved Apollo, but apollo didnt love back, so can we use that? *grins evily*
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8

Posted by ponytailguy at Jan 25, 2007 6:29:11 PM

In the myth, Everyone loved Apollo, but apollo didnt love back, so can we use that? *grins evily*
Not quite. Apollo loved Cassandra, so he granted her prophecy. But she didn't love him back (the tart), so he made sure that, while she would always make the right prediction, nobody would ever believe her.

Draw corollaries to Professor Trelawney as you wish.
The Ghost of Oceans Past

Posted by Apollo at Jan 25, 2007 6:29:41 PM

When you say no profanity, does damn and hell count also =). Since Hell is a place most of us will eventually go =P. (Don't deny it.)

But can we?

If you're unsure if it's appropriate, it's probably not. Beyond that, it'll be down to the individual OM/Dev's preferences.

Apollo always loves back. Apollo lurrrrrrrrrves back.

Posted by brainbeard at Jan 25, 2007 6:56:16 PM

Not quite. Apollo loved Cassandra, so he granted her prophecy. But she didn't love him back (the tart), so he made sure that, while she would always make the right prediction, nobody would ever believe her.

Also I believe there was another one whom Apollo lusted for loved, and was turned into a laurel tree by the river god Pinius, but I am much to lazy to pull out my mythology collection to look it up! So that makes apollo rejected unlucky two times running.
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!

Posted by Blackfire45 at Jan 25, 2007 8:03:06 PM
Yeah, you're right, Phoenixflame. There was another girl. If memory serves me right, her name is Daphne. (I read about it when I was only six years old, when I was trying desperately to find an English book in our house.)

I can be wrong, though. I saw the book eleven years ago, and eleven years seem like ages now... T_T

(My best guess is Daphne because I've always hated that name. Not because I know someone named Daphne; it's just that from the time I found the first English book in our house, I have fallen in love with Apollo and the Greek mythology. So...yeah. ^_^ Since I cannot remember why I hate the name Daphne, I am assuming that the story was the reason behind it.)

Yes, I get jealous pretty quickly. >=) Good thing Apollo wouldn't be receiving any tributes (*grinning like a little devil here*) or I'll die of jealousy: I'LL CERTAINLY DIE! Sorry about that, Apollo, but I can't help feeling happy as you grieve over your misfortune. Teehee, teehee, teehee! >=)

This is me------>Bloodyarm

Posted by Patetch at Jan 25, 2007 8:04:30 PM
hmmmmmm......
decisions decisions
hmmmmmm....
What shall I make and whom shall I make it for?
Pletoo of Sage

Posted by satin11 at Jan 25, 2007 8:14:42 PM

Good thing Apollo wouldn't be receiving any tributes

Now, who ever said that? They just can't be entries:)

Satin, who already has a multitude of plans for Ringer valentines.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

Posted by Synful at Jan 25, 2007 8:23:34 PM
Apollo was a very ....um.....busy god. ;)

Apollo, as with Zeus his father, had many love affairs with goddesses and mortals. Apollo's infatuation for the nymph Daphne, which had been invoked by the young god of love Eros, because Apollo had mocked him, saying his archery skills were pathetic, and Apollo's singing had also irritated him. Daphne was the beautiful daughter of the river god Ladon, and she was constantly pursued by Apollo. To escape from Apollo's insistent behavior, she fled to the mountains, but the persistent Apollo followed her. Annoyed by this, she asked the river god Peneus for help, which he did. As soon as Apollo approached Daphne, he tried to embrace her, but when he stretched out his arms she transformed into a laurel tree. Apollo also loved Cyrene, she was another nymph, and she bore Apollo a son: Aristaeus, a demi-god, who became a protector of cattle and fruit trees, and a deity of hunting, husbandry and bee-keeping.

The most famous mortal loves of Apollo was Hecuba, she was the wife of Priam(You see this KP?), the king of Troy. She bore him Troilius. Apollo also fell in love with Cassandra, the sister of Troilius, and daughter of Hecuba and Priam. He seduced Cassandra on the promise that he would teach her the art of prophecy, but having learnt the prophetic art she rejected him. Apollo, being angry of her rejection punished her, by declaring her prophecies never to be accepted or believed.

Asclepius, the god of healing, was also Apollo's offspring, after his union with Coronis, who was daughter of Phlegyas, king of the Lapiths. While she was pregnant by Apollo, Coronis fell in love with Ischys, son of Elatus, but a crow informed Apollo of the affair. Apollo sent his twin sister Artemis to kill Coronis, and Artemis carried out her brothers wishes. While her body was burning on the funeral pyre, Apollo removed the unborn child, and took him to Chiron, who raised the child Asclepius.

Apollo also, as did his father Zeus, fall in love with one of his own gender, Hyacinthus, a Spartan prince. He was very handsome and athletic, which inflamed the passions of Apollo.

The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Ray_Leo at Jan 25, 2007 8:52:13 PM
I love you apollo!
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic

Posted by Ray_Leo at Jan 25, 2007 9:05:02 PM
Does cleaver count as a developer? and an OM?
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic

Posted by gsdogizzle at Jan 25, 2007 9:43:40 PM
Hmm /me trys and acts like the greenie that he is by bribing Apollo with 3 entries for him!

Oceanus tells you, "Tell all the greenies to stop stealing from each other!"

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=57196&offset=0

Posted by Apollo at Jan 26, 2007 12:09:33 AM
If your target is on this list, then s/he is an Oceanmaster: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Oceanmaster

If your target is on this list, then s/he counts as a Developer for this contest: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ringer

Posted by brainbeard at Jan 26, 2007 3:38:19 AM
I had just had a GREAT idea when the queerest chance in mythology struck... Apollo is named Apollo in both Roman and Greek mythology, so you can't make one "not to apollo" but to "insert roman name of apollo" >.< So sneaky he is! >.<

Now what to make aphrodtie....
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!

Posted by Shorty_Jack at Jan 26, 2007 4:05:15 AM
I have a question. You say entries to two oms and one dev. Can I possibly make it one om and two devs? Don't make me cry in having to choose between the devs of my choice. :(
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean

Posted by da_ripper at Jan 26, 2007 4:08:18 AM
I <3 these writing events.

~Can we combine OM's? In my story Apollo, Castor, and Cleaver are going on a road trip =O.

Antix says, "Nice one"

Posted by micklauer at Jan 26, 2007 5:15:13 AM
Step 1...Cut a hole in a box...

Step 2...
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved

Posted by Piplicus_BNO at Jan 26, 2007 5:40:28 AM

Step 2...

Put your unwanted shoes and bric a brac in

Step 3... Open the box!

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.

Posted by Apollo at Jan 26, 2007 5:47:32 AM

Step 2...

BWAHAHAHA!

Posted by micklauer at Jan 26, 2007 6:45:44 AM
Pip....

Step 2...

Put your unwanted shoes and bric a brac in

Step 3... Open the box!

d(-_^) Blackhat Approved

Posted by Shorty_Jack at Jan 26, 2007 7:22:51 AM
I don't get it.....

Can I do two Devs? Please! Please! Please!!!!!!

Posted by Apollo at Jan 26, 2007 8:09:08 AM

I have a question. You say entries to two oms and one dev. Can I possibly make it one om and two devs? Don't make me cry in having to choose between the devs of my choice. :(

No, sorry.
Only one Dev or there will be Too Much DevLove. The Valentine Code is a harsh master, and hard choices come with the territory.

Posted by Holy_Fire at Jan 26, 2007 11:39:59 AM
Is it ok to have a something with two Ocean Masters in it? Like Aphrodite and Hephaestus together in one.

Posted by nikamarie at Jan 26, 2007 12:23:51 PM
Can we make it in german if its one for endymion?
Leeza on Opal

Sorry my English isn't perfect, it's my second language

Avatar made with http://www.sp-studio.de/

Posted by RunnerGirl16 at Jan 26, 2007 1:15:51 PM
Do you spend a day with the Om/develpor in RL? Or Just the game? O_o.
]

Posted by Shorty_Jack at Jan 26, 2007 1:18:42 PM

No, sorry.
Only one Dev or there will be Too Much DevLove. The Valentine Code is a harsh master, and hard choices come with the territory.

Fine I'm off to cry.....

And to KP: I get it now. Pogo explained it to me. :P I didn't get the shoes part.....

Posted by Swordblade01 at Jan 26, 2007 1:29:56 PM
Can we make more than one thing per OM/Dev? Like making a poem and drawing a picture?
Swordblade on Cobalt

"Think of it like a Twinkie. If you bite into the yellow part of a Twinkie and there is no white cream filling, it SUCKS!" -Ryan Higa

Dispite my forum join date, I joined aug 25 05

Posted by PogoBeta at Jan 26, 2007 1:32:31 PM
Cut a hole in the box.
Way to ruin it, KP, now what the heck am I supposed to give SJ for valentine's day?

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.
Step 2: ??????
Step 3: Profit!

Pogo on Midnight

Posted by micklauer at Jan 26, 2007 3:27:19 PM
Re: Cut a hole in the box.

Way to ruin it, KP, now what the heck am I supposed to give SJ for valentine's day?

Cut two holes?
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved

Posted by cmdrzoom at Jan 26, 2007 3:34:01 PM
*rolls a golden apple into the midst of the thread, in memory of Eris*
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt

Posted by LuckyCharmed at Jan 26, 2007 4:04:19 PM
cmdrzoom wrote: 
*rolls a golden apple into the midst of the thread, in memory of Eris*

LOL! You do realize that golden apple will lead to a lot of
things that can NOT be good ... Like maybe another 1000 ships? HAHAHAH!

I have 2 secret crushes and I admire them from afar ...
Not sure if I want to share that with the whole world yet,
but you just never know since Feb 14 is still so far away ...
But many, many, many ideas are already making me dizzy.
(... and will definitely most likely get me into trouble.)
devilish
...........SO of Di Cerberus
~ Princess of Arcana Imperii ~
...................VIRIDIAN

Posted by Flamez911 at Jan 26, 2007 4:07:16 PM

Cut two holes?

You had to steal that right from my mouth.
-Flamer, reloaded.

Currently in the process of arising from the grave. Hope to see people around more :)

Posted by micklauer at Jan 26, 2007 4:26:03 PM

Cut two holes?

You had to steal that right from my mouth.

Alrighty then, make it three! Why not! SJ won't mind, right Pogo? <3
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved

Posted by bvbvhv at Jan 26, 2007 8:16:32 PM
cool things!

Posted by Apollo at Jan 27, 2007 12:07:28 AM

Can we make it in german if its one for endymion?

No, I'm sorry. This event is being run in English, or we can't judge the entries. You are welcome to put something in in German, but it won't be eligible for the main prizes.

Posted by metalnicka at Jan 27, 2007 6:12:26 AM
Yes! Finally another chance to show my love for Eurydice in song. And Demeter. Perhaps both?
Panteraa is drinking and might be too busy to respond.
Formerly of Sage Ocean/Free Harmonica Lessons/Tea and Strumpets.
Lovely avatar courtesy of the lovely Tilinka.

Posted by StillMyst at Jan 27, 2007 7:02:36 AM
In other news, its possible to wrap a box in a box...
Mogget / Midnight
Take my PoE, take my land
Take my brigs and frigates grand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sea from me...

Posted by firechic0 at Jan 27, 2007 7:31:31 AM

And, can you wrap another box that is wrapped in a box with another box and so on and so forth until you have a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box?
Crazy MaryJo- Viridian~proud Mama of a little pirate!biggrinBorn:11/21/08
Shorty Jack wrote: 
Just because you started the thread doesn't mean everyone is talking to you. tongue

Posted by Apollo at Jan 27, 2007 7:34:30 AM

And, can you wrap another box that is wrapped in a box with another box and so on and so forth until you have a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box?
Yes. Yes, you can. I think that can be discussed elsewhere, though. :)

Posted by melancholica at Jan 27, 2007 9:50:50 AM

Apollo always loves back. Apollo lurrrrrrrrrves back.

this made me laugh more than anything else has today.

as for the comp - sounds like a wicked idea, better get my sugarboots out, and start up my snuggleumpkin engines.
-saturnine in teh coblat oeacen!!/" teehee.

Posted by fiddlesticks at Jan 27, 2007 10:00:50 AM

No, sorry.

Fine I'm off to cry.....

And to KP: I get it now. Pogo explained it to me. :P I didn't get the shoes part.....

Maybe it has to do with shoe size? :P
that would be funny to see on mythbusters
Muffy's Princess
Idol on all oceans
Idol says, "That's why you love me"
Muffbeard says, "nope, I love you because there is no one else like you and I can't imagine not having you in my life =)"

Posted by DolphineQ at Jan 27, 2007 11:00:43 AM

Hmm. I happen to love Apollo wewy much, and my name is Cassandra.

Does that exclude me from participating? Will my participation right a few wrongs and perhaps remove my ability to predict that Hell freezes over before I ever win a familiar?

Worth a shot. I'm soooo in - get ready for MUSH!

*turns off "Bad Girl-Mode" and flips on "Sugarbunnyhoneylove-Mode"*
Finding someone with a valid opinion is akin to hitting an 'A' paper in your marking pile. So rare, but suddenly worth all the crap you had to sift through to find it.

Posted by AizIril at Jan 27, 2007 11:45:53 AM
Is this resctricted to current OMs or am I allowed to write about an OM who isn't around anymore?
Xyphus on Hunter. Aiziril on Midnight. Bored on all oceans.

Posted by Apollo at Jan 27, 2007 12:06:37 PM

Is this resctricted to current OMs or am I allowed to write about an OM who isn't around anymore?

Current OMs and Developers, please. :)

Posted by cnj6768 at Jan 27, 2007 12:07:21 PM
That's it... time to break out the big guns. I'm officially holding Hypnos' bunny slippers ransom. (and I have them in my closet!!)... problem is... who to woo? There are so many.....I mean... well, gah! I'm going to need SO much rum. Gee thanks Apollo, as if I didn't have enough to worry about between the bunny slippers and Scupperer's boiled pirates at the inn.... yeesh! :P
-Cpt. JNC of Di Cerberus/ Queen of Arcana Imerii

Posted by odeliya06 at Jan 27, 2007 12:59:42 PM
Ye know, it's not much time to make things till th 14th... ye have to buy metirials and it takes time to make the whatever...
Mah god! I've been gone so long they managed to fix the edit button, eh?

Posted by Shikyo at Jan 27, 2007 1:58:35 PM

Ye know, it's not much time to make things till th 14th... ye have to buy metirials and it takes time to make the whatever...

I can see your point, I suppose, but...and I'm not Apollo, last time I checked...it seems a bit silly to have a Valentine's Event and have it end in the middle of March.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

A quick wit's best accompanied by quick reflexes.
Save Scrappeh!

Posted by Black_Rippa at Jan 27, 2007 4:38:04 PM

I can see your point, I suppose, but...and I'm not Apollo, last time I checked...it seems a bit silly to have a Valentine's Event and have it end in the middle of March.

LOL!
More time, more lurvvvv! ^_^

And by the looks of this thread, Apollo needs some reel bad :P
Greenie: I only understand hard work and dedication to earn poe and i will pilly all day and night just for 1 poe if i had to.

Blackrippa: 0_0 Ok... WHAT THE HELL!

Blackrippa, Senior Officer of the crew Twisted Glory

Posted by first_mate94 at Jan 27, 2007 7:03:48 PM
WHERE will the winners be anounced?
Redu on Sage

Posted by krisnpooky at Jan 27, 2007 8:28:40 PM
I was wondering if an entry by created two people will be allowed?
*Krissybaby*
On All Oceans

Posted by flepnerg at Jan 27, 2007 10:10:54 PM
I think this was asked before, but never answered.
Are we allowed to include both lets say a letter, along with some art all in one entry devoted to one OM/Dev?
~Surmuck
Query
~Surmuck
Viridian

Posted by sabbichan at Jan 27, 2007 10:38:23 PM
But nauseating stuff is fun!

If you make something physical and also want to send it in, then PM Thalette to arrange this.

Before I bother Thalette, are their rules that define the "something physical" which we can send in? Size limits, weight limits, non-perishables, etc.? Should something physical be along the lines of large, well-made prints of moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils?

Posted by satin11 at Jan 28, 2007 12:29:37 AM
Re: But nauseating stuff is fun!

If you make something physical and also want to send it in, then PM Thalette to arrange this.

Before I bother Thalette, are their rules that define the "something physical" which we can send in? Size limits, weight limits, non-perishables, etc.? Should something physical be along the lines of large, well-made prints of moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils?

Interested in this too. I'm planning on sending a couple things in...:)
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 

Posted by Apollo at Jan 28, 2007 12:45:48 AM

If two people make an entry, that's fine, as long as you're willing to share the prize if you win one. Any prize would go by default to the person that posts.

Mmmmmmmm, kiiiiitchen utensiiiiils... *cough* Sorry. Lost myself for a bit there. First, be clear that you don't have to send anything physical in at all. This is purely if you end up making something and have a desire to send it in. I would think that size/weight limits are your choice, as they will affect mailing costs. Other constraints - I'll check with Thalette. I would think that perishables are fine as long as they're coming a short distance, aren't acutely perishable (chocolates good, bananas bad) and you're happy for the people in the Office to demolish them rather than them being forwarded anywhere else. For something essential two-dimensional (like the delicious kitchen-utensil pictures) there is probably less to be gained from sending something in, but I don't remember seeing any whisk or spoon pictures in the Office, so who knows? ;) If you have any specific questions, or want to check on something unusual, PM Thalette. If there's an answer that would benefit from being shared generally, she will post the information in here.

I think this was asked before, but never answered.
Are we allowed to include both lets say a letter, along with some art all in one entry devoted to one OM/Dev?
~Surmuck
Yes, as long as it's in one post.

WHERE will the winners be anounced?

In this thread. I will change the thread title to say "Winners Announced" and include a link to the winners' post in the first post.

Posted by Saltake at Jan 28, 2007 1:57:41 AM
Will there only be given out 1 Familiar for the overall winner or a Familiar per section (OMs A-E; OMs F-Z; Devs)?
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"

Posted by auron71 at Jan 28, 2007 6:50:54 AM

Write a story! Write a poem! Draw a picture or an avatar! Sing a song! Create a YouTube Video! Make a photo/screenshot collage! Knit a hat! Make a doll! Send in a photograph of yourself in a public place with a sign saying "I <3 Eurydice"! Create an original romantic dinner menu! Tell us a scheduled itinerary of an imagined romantic day! Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils!

DARN!! Im no good at all that stuff...*sighs* i guess ill have to find another way to get 1 on 1 time with celph to get that trophy info we all want. =)
Seymour of viridian

Posted by catzubmsve at Jan 28, 2007 7:11:48 AM

and inside the last box is???

Yay!!! a golden apple...but don't try to bite into it or you'll be going to visit the dentist for valentines day...which would be REALLY harsh! :P
Redbrdterry (on all oceans)
Senior Officer of the crew Mermaids Typhoon
Lord of the flag Puzzleholics Anonymous

Posted by Apollo at Jan 28, 2007 10:14:46 AM

Will there only be given out 1 Familiar for the overall winner or a Familiar per section (OMs A-E; OMs F-Z; Devs)?

The split is purely to keep the entry threads manageable. Just one familiar will be won.

Posted by sseth at Jan 28, 2007 10:35:56 AM

The split is purely to keep the entry threads manageable. Just one familiar will be won.

Aw.. not even those special valentine-familiars? ;)

Sseth

Frootloot, my short YPP animation film

Posted by Apollo at Jan 28, 2007 1:09:32 PM

*laughs* Everyone should have one! :)

In other news... I have been getting a lot of PMs asking me to make edits to entry posts / delete posts / fix links / fix images / tidy up, etc. I will be deleting some posts as I bilge the entry threads every now and again, but on the basis of the number of requests for edits I've had, I think I really have to say now that I can't do this. I strongly suggest that you check your text carefully before you hit the Post button, and that you use Preview to check format, quotes, images, links, etc, are working.

My apologies to people that I'm letting down, but I think there will be a lot of entries and I can't be fixing them all!

If you completely booch an entry post, then feel free to post a second one with the corrected links or images. However, my best advice is to check more thoroughly before posting the first time!

Posted by evermind at Jan 28, 2007 1:13:53 PM

*laughs* Everyone should have one! :)

In other news... I have been getting a lot of PMs asking me to make edits to entry posts / delete posts / fix links / fix images / tidy up, etc. I will be deleting some posts as I bilge the entry threads every now and again, but on the basis of the number of requests for edits I've had, I think I really have to say now that I can't do this. I strongly suggest that you check your text carefully before you hit the Post button, and that you use Preview to check format, quotes, images, links, etc, are working.

My apologies to people that I'm letting down, but I think there will be a lot of entries and I can't be fixing them all!

If you completely booch an entry post, then feel free to post a second one with the corrected links or images. However, my best advice is to check more thoroughly before posting the first time!

A sneaky way to change the image is to use a website like Photobucket, where you can "update" the image with the same url by deleting it and uploading another one by the same name. It's useful if you need to fix little things in your art and can't edit.
[Art Commissions - Closed][DeviantArt]

Posted by Apollo at Jan 28, 2007 1:19:25 PM

A sneaky way to change the image is to use a website like Photobucket, where you can "update" the image with the same url by deleting it and uploading another one by the same name. It's useful if you need to fix little things in your art and can't edit.

Aye, I haven't been asked to changed an actual image url so far, but that's a good way round it if you need to update your entry.

Posted by da_ripper at Jan 28, 2007 4:15:13 PM
That doll thing is a good idea for a portrit o.O.

Antix says, "Nice one"

Posted by KelsixMarie at Jan 28, 2007 4:36:47 PM
So, You have to be an OceanMaster or Develepor eh?
Darn.. Too bad,

Haha. So, Normal Players cant enter? I have great ideas.

If anyone is puzzled, and has NO idea what to do, let me know. And if you win, let me know also. My screenname is Kelsixxmarie.

Thanks,
-* /Kelsixxmarie, (New account is Chouettex) on the Hunter Ocean.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Copyright © 2007. Kelsixxmarie

Posted by Apollo at Jan 28, 2007 4:44:29 PM

So, You have to be an OceanMaster or Develepor eh?
Darn.. Too bad,

Haha. So, Normal Players cant enter? I have great ideas.

You don't have to be an OceanMaster or Developer to *enter*. The targets of the tokens should be OMs or Devs, but anyone can enter.

Posted by da_ripper at Jan 28, 2007 4:46:03 PM
I have an awesome idea!

If we do decide to play a song on the viola, does it have to be love-ish or can it be creepy. And does it have to be our own or can we use someone elses music and come up with lyrics or a storyline to it?

Antix says, "Nice one"

Posted by moon_goddess at Jan 28, 2007 7:42:09 PM
man how i wish you could take portraits with the dolls.....
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~

Posted by Zandia at Jan 28, 2007 8:24:31 PM

I have an awesome idea!

If we do decide to play a song on the viola, does it have to be love-ish or can it be creepy. And does it have to be our own or can we use someone elses music and come up with lyrics or a storyline to it?

lol! I was thinking of pulling my viola out of the closet and write a song too, but I fear that it has been years since i've played and I wouldn't want to be responsible for bursting anyone's eardrums. But I would love to hear your entry!

On a side note, does anyone want to dance? Cephalopod excluded, I've heard he has eight left feet...anyone...anyone?
Teh Eighth

Posted by Elianna at Jan 28, 2007 9:16:32 PM

No, sorry.

Fine I'm off to cry.....

Maybe it has to do with shoe size? :P
that would be funny to see on mythbusters

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with shoes, mate.
The monkeys are listening...
E l i a n n a

Posted by ROCKAB88M at Jan 29, 2007 4:13:03 AM
I'm useless at things like this and I've never managed to do something like that for someone I was actually in love with. I will therefore proceed to play Sweet Child o' Mine VERY loudly and forget this competition along with all my other troubles.

/me curses the Ocean Masters for not challenging me to a PvP instead of all this luvvy duvvy stuff

Aphrodite tells you, "I never pay for hugs. :)"

Rockerman says, "Maybe Cleaver's sick."
Istarion says, "Cleaver's always sick."

Posted by ROCKAB88M at Jan 29, 2007 4:15:30 AM
Yes I have an idea, I will write a new set of lyrics for that song! It won't win but what the hell, I'm bored.

Posted by ROCKAB88M at Jan 29, 2007 4:21:11 AM
/me attempts this impossible task

Posted by PogoBeta at Jan 29, 2007 4:43:52 AM

Write a story! Write a poem! Draw a picture or an avatar! Sing a song! Create a YouTube Video! Make a photo/screenshot collage! Knit a hat! Make a doll! Send in a photograph of yourself in a public place with a sign saying "I <3 Eurydice"! Create an original romantic dinner menu! Tell us a scheduled itinerary of an imagined romantic day! Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils!

DARN!! Im no good at all that stuff...*sighs* i guess ill have to find another way to get 1 on 1 time with celph to get that trophy info we all want. =)

Don't Worry. I'm sure there's some way you can make a valentine that impresses the staff...
Pogo on Midnight

Posted by ponytailguy at Jan 29, 2007 5:55:59 AM
Why would you send the OMs funny green pieces of paper? :(
The Ghost of Oceans Past

Posted by PogoBeta at Jan 29, 2007 6:05:05 AM

Why would you send the OMs funny green pieces of paper? :(

They're unfilled bid tickets.
Pogo on Midnight

Posted by bluekazoo at Jan 29, 2007 9:34:27 AM

and inside the last box is???

Yay!!! a golden apple...but don't try to bite into it or you'll be going to visit the dentist for valentines day...which would be REALLY harsh! :P

Dentists need love too...

Posted by ddraigeneth at Jan 29, 2007 11:05:14 AM
Well, since my first idea went down the tubes as I was reading through the rules... (blast it, Apollo, so sneaky =p)

Just one question: Who's responsible for the Princess Bride references with the skellies? Because seriously, that person has my heart forever ;)

"You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you..."

Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?

Posted by cnj6768 at Jan 29, 2007 11:19:48 AM
ROFL so sorry, my pologies for this post being way off topic but DANG I love your sig Ddraigeneth LOLOL

~you may resume your regularly scheduled postings now~

/end derail :P
-Cpt. JNC of Di Cerberus/ Queen of Arcana Imerii

Posted by moon_goddess at Jan 29, 2007 12:35:49 PM

Well, since my first idea went down the tubes as I was reading through the rules... (blast it, Apollo, so sneaky =p)

I agree! Evil, sneaky Apollo!! Here I was thinking of ideas on my drive to work before I read ALL of the rules and I had this great idea to woo our Apollo Rocket of Love involving red and pink kitchen utencils and lots of them...... way to crush my dreams Apollo!!! Back to the drawing board......

H9!!!

*grumble grumble*
Chicka
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~

Posted by spider347 at Jan 29, 2007 5:30:43 PM
Can two people work on the same entry?

Posted by flepnerg at Jan 29, 2007 5:35:02 PM
I believe he already answered that, please read the entire thread before asking a new question.
He said something along the lines of: "Yes, but you will have to decide who gets the prize if you win"
~Surmuck
Not willing to go find exactly what Apollo said and quote
~Surmuck
Viridian

Posted by Countrytheta at Jan 29, 2007 7:32:09 PM

Can two people work on the same entry?

Apollo Wrote:

If two people make an entry, that's fine, as long as you're willing to share the prize if you win one. Any prize would go by default to the person that posts.

Countrytheta
~*~*~*~*~*~
Theta Wuz Here.

Posted by shadica at Jan 30, 2007 10:30:25 AM
so we cant make one big card for all the OceanMasters?

Posted by misvmk at Jan 30, 2007 2:02:07 PM
(I didn't know if the subject had to stay the same, but I kept it that way anyhow.)

To:Apollo

This is a kind of adjective song.
(An adjective is a word that describes a noun, and a noun is a person place or thing)

Apollo, oh Apollo
Why do I love you so?
Apollo, oh Apollo
Will you put on a show?
I admire you for many reasons,
so many are here but there's so many, so many, so many more.
I admire you because you are...
Funny, cute, calm, sweet
I can always feel the heat.
Good, fun, not on the run,
and you know how to gun!
Clean, rich, you're name's not Mitch,
(But even if it was, I'd love you all the same!)

Happy Valentines Day!

-Missvmk

Posted by flepnerg at Jan 30, 2007 3:08:15 PM
1.There is a thread for entries.
2.Apollo specifically said that you may not submit and entry for him.
However, if this was simply a fun project, it looks fine.
~Surmuck
Tarting
~Surmuck
Viridian

Posted by Jonh352 at Jan 30, 2007 4:05:31 PM
I'm just wondering is the quote wove true wove from the movie/book The Princess Bride ?
Billyjoejoe on Sage Ocean

Posted by raincake at Jan 30, 2007 4:07:18 PM
Apollo obviously has very many admirers and they just cannot restrain themselves ;)

A couple of questions from me:

1. This might sound a bit silly, but just to confirm are infatuations for an OM or developer of the same gender as yourself allowed?
2. If one person were to submit three entries for three different OMs/developer, would the entries be judged entirely seperately? As in... you'd ignore the fact that they were by the same people. I was just wondering if people would get marks for "effort" if they submitted the maximum amount of entries. i.e. would there happen to be an extra award for somebody who makes three pretty good entries but doesn't win the overall prize? (Not that I really plan to do so myself, but hope that makes sense!)

Many thanks for running the event! :)
Spoonio on Sage Ocean
Avatar? - Not taking anymore requests until current queue is finished!

Posted by Apollo at Jan 30, 2007 4:14:54 PM

I'm just wondering is the quote wove true wove from the movie/book The Princess Bride ?

IT MIGHT BE

>.<

Posted by Apollo at Jan 30, 2007 4:25:04 PM

Apollo obviously has very many admirers and they just cannot restrain themselves ;)

They just feel sorry for me because I'm not well, bless 'em. Chicken soup and Valentines. I'm not complaining. :)

1. This might sound a bit silly, but just to confirm are infatuations for an OM or developer of the same gender as yourself allowed?

Yeah, go ahead. Even more scary, some of them may even be the same species as yourself! Whatever their preferences in real life, I can't see anyone being offended about getting entries from both boys and girls in the context of this event, as long as the actual content isn't offensive!

2. If one person were to submit three entries for three different OMs/developer, would the entries be judged entirely seperately? As in... you'd ignore the fact that they were by the same people. I was just wondering if people would get marks for "effort" if they submitted the maximum amount of entries. i.e. would there happen to be an extra award for somebody who makes three pretty good entries but doesn't win the overall prize? (Not that I really plan to do so myself, but hope that makes sense!)

They'll be split by OM/Dev, and judged separately, so there's no extra prize for a 'cumulative' score.

Posted by AndromedaCL at Jan 30, 2007 7:04:40 PM

IT MIGHT BE

>.<

Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm

Posted by ddraigeneth at Jan 30, 2007 11:07:17 PM

IT MIGHT BE

>.<

Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)

hehe, yes, I recognized that as well--doesn't really help me though...if Apollo is responsible for the skellies, I just don't know what to say :P
Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?

Posted by AndromedaCL at Jan 31, 2007 5:52:18 AM
Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)[/quote]

hehe, yes, I recognized that as well--doesn't really help me though...if Apollo is responsible for the skellies, I just don't know what to say :P[/quote]

[quote][quote][quote][quote]I'm just wondering is the quote wove true wove from the movie/book The Princess Bride ?[/quote]
IT MIGHT BE

>.<[/quote]

Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)[/quote]

hehe, yes, I recognized that as well--doesn't really help me though...if Apollo is responsible for the skellies, I just don't know what to say :P[/quote]

I have no clue who is responsible, but I know it wouldn't be Apollo. The skellies have been saying that line over 3 years now, pre-dating Apollo. Also, I believe it would be a developer not an OM creating the lines.

I still giggle when I see that line and the 'I am not left-handed' one too. :-P I love that movie!!
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm

Posted by Patetch at Jan 31, 2007 11:19:26 AM

Gah! Pesky contract! Can I make the ordeal completely hideous for all the above-mentioned OceanMasters and Developers?

Apollo.

I think this part is working - I know I'D be terribly uncomfortable if I was one of the targets - I must say some of the entries are downright... well... creepy.
:P
Do you guys now leave the office using the buddy system to protect yourself from stalkers?

/e shudders and tries to think of whimsical ways to enter this contest minus the mushiness.
Pletoo of Sage

Posted by TheAlterEgo at Jan 31, 2007 2:54:32 PM
Reguarding the one entry, what if we want to send sorts of an album? Still one entry, but of multiple pictures for one admirer. I would also like to send in the entry [via mail] for my object of affection to treasure (coughs) so I'll be contacting Thalette.
Allies, Cobalt

Posted by brainbeard at Jan 31, 2007 5:58:01 PM
As of now, I believe Apollo has the most entries >.>
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!

Posted by satin11 at Jan 31, 2007 6:19:39 PM
Yes, isn't that silly? Seeing as how he's the only Ringer not eligible*, I've been finding it amusing.

* Not including Ringers no longer employed.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 

Posted by moon_goddess at Jan 31, 2007 6:37:26 PM
yeah I to have had quite a chuckle about that myself. Lesson here kiddies, READ THE RULES ... not just part of the rules ALL THE RULES

Chicka
Giggling to herself
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~

Posted by mrsmishmash at Jan 31, 2007 7:06:58 PM
Apollo - I was wondering if you could tell me (in your completely neutral professional opinion) -
Who is better looking in 'real' life ... Lelantos, Glaucus or Endymion?
I just can't choose who to dedicate my efforts to?

I'd appreciate your help in this matter.
Cheers, Filarious of Cobalt

Posted by pippygirl at Jan 31, 2007 11:32:53 PM
that's ok that you get jealous lol I'll send you one if I can!
I love mythology too and in general Greek mythology and philosophy and Roman, Greek and Spartan history. I know I don't know you, but I feel like sharing the love...
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! ^_^ lol <3

Posted by peiyiing at Feb 2, 2007 12:40:18 AM
/me totally lurrrrvveess Apollo and worships him! While I cant send an entry to him as part of this competition but I sure wanna give him a teddy all the same!

Is that allowed, Apollo? I'd really love to give you a teddy (in-game one, of course. It's much too far for me to mail one to you =( )

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!
Winty has retired from YPP.
Don't give me bad attitude, I've got one of my own

kusje wrote:

How do you tell where "east" is on the globe if the globe is round?

Posted by PogoBeta at Feb 2, 2007 5:17:40 AM

/me totally lurrrrvveess Apollo and worships him! While I cant send an entry to him as part of this competition but I sure wanna give him a teddy all the same!

Is that allowed, Apollo? I'd really love to give you a teddy (in-game one, of course. It's much too far for me to mail one to you =( )

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!

I don't think Apollo would mind tribute in the form of lingerie. Kind of like a rock star, you know?
Pogo on Midnight

Posted by peiyiing at Feb 2, 2007 5:34:38 AM
ROFLMAO. I dint mean teddy in the form of a lingerie, but a teddy BEAR. I think sending him a teddy (lingerie) falls under lewd.

kusje wrote:

Posted by Sunwife at Feb 2, 2007 9:02:13 AM
Wow!
Man I usually don´t post in the forums, but...Why didn´t anybody think about that before???I just looooooved this idea!
Silmeria of Emerald.

/e reads:
"Your Experience in Carpentry (went down and) is now Novice!"

Posted by Synful at Feb 2, 2007 4:35:30 PM

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!

I don't think Apollo would mind tribute in the form of lingerie. Kind of like a rock star, you know?

Just great! Now ye've got me imagining Apollo as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in RHPS!
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by satin11 at Feb 2, 2007 4:46:23 PM

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!

Just great! Now ye've got me imagining Apollo as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in RHPS!

/e is giggling uncontrollably now.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 

Posted by moon_goddess at Feb 2, 2007 5:54:07 PM
Don't dream it, be it.
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~

Posted by ROCKAB88M at Feb 2, 2007 11:15:42 PM

In other news, its possible to wrap a box in a box...

And, can you wrap another box that is wrapped in a box with another box and so on and so forth until you have a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box?

and inside the last box is???

Yay!!! a golden apple...but don't try to bite into it or you'll be going to visit the dentist for valentines day...which would be REALLY harsh! :P

Actually, gold is soft enough to bite into. It's not poisionous either...

/me is using ALTSPACE characters in this post so technically it is all one word. MEH. Now the search engine WILL miss it. Hopefully.

Posted by Synful at Feb 3, 2007 6:01:11 AM

Don't dream it, be it.

Sorry, my role in RHPS was always Columbia. I leave Dr. Frank-N-Furter to Apollo. Although Apollo reminds me more of Rocky.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by thranduil01 at Feb 3, 2007 7:27:15 AM
err i booched my post refers to the A-E post by Thranduill01
i forgot pirate name and ocean it wont let me edit so i liked to mention it's Thranduill from sage .also my point and accents....turned into squares,wicked .anyways, love you Apollo =D

Free wazzy

Posted by peiyiing at Feb 3, 2007 11:21:14 AM
Can I make a suggestion in this thread, although it's not really related to the event?

Could someone please please organize an event where we send our love letters/tributes/whatevers to Apollo, who has been so tragically left out in the cold in this event? (so I don't have to do it myself and be barred from participating) Hopefully get the prize of Apollo doll as winner.

*starry eyed at prospect of clutching Apollo doll in her hands* (think I shd go make up a story about winning an Apollo doll, similiar to the one ASpider did about being in Glaucus' shack => linky for those who havent read it)

kusje wrote:

Posted by PogoBeta at Feb 3, 2007 11:27:44 AM

Can I make a suggestion in this thread, although it's not really related to the event?

Could someone please please organize an event where we send our love letters/tributes/whatevers to Apollo, who has been so tragically left out in the cold in this event? (so I don't have to do it myself and be barred from participating) Hopefully get the prize of Apollo doll as winner.

*starry eyed at prospect of clutching Apollo doll in her hands* (think I shd go make up a story about winning an Apollo doll, similiar to the one ASpider did about being in Glaucus' shack => linky for those who havent read it)

Well, provided somebody with an extra Apollo doll decides to run such an event...

like Kingpriam, who apparently has two...
Pogo on Midnight

Posted by peiyiing at Feb 3, 2007 11:30:15 AM
you could always email events@puzzlepirates.com, direct it to Apollo to answer. write up a decent proposal for the event and see if dear uncky Apollo would approve and hereby endorse it with his image.

kusje wrote:

Posted by PogoBeta at Feb 3, 2007 11:49:37 AM

you could always email events@puzzlepirates.com, direct it to Apollo to answer. write up a decent proposal for the event and see if dear uncky Apollo would approve and hereby endorse it with his image.

Well since you're the one who seems so interested in such an event, perhaps you should pitch it to the Event crew.

Judging by Apollo's first post in this thread, though, I think you'd have better luck if you pitched it to a different person.
Pogo on Midnight

Posted by daleenmarine at Feb 3, 2007 12:09:18 PM
Apollo wrote: 
To be valid, our entry post must:
* Be posted in the correct thread
* Include your pirate name and ocean
* Include the OM or Dev target of your entry

/e facepalms and feels dumb asking this, but heaped so much love into her entries that she'd hate to be disqualified

So, um, is the entry valid if the pirate name and ocean is in the entry's sig? Or should I re-post my entry stating my info in the post itself?
HuskerMike wrote: 
It feels like you're on a jihad against me.

Antix wrote: 
And if he turns out to be an innocent lets not remember that fact at all.

Posted by peiyiing at Feb 3, 2007 1:07:51 PM

Well since you're the one who seems so interested in such an event, perhaps you should pitch it to the Event crew.

Judging by Apollo's first post in this thread, though, I think you'd have better luck if you pitched it to a different person.

Unfortunately, Apollo also mentioned before (I'm abit too tired to find the quote) that if you wish to do a particular event where you require personal artifacts from the OM (like OM dolls/portraits) or if you're including the OM's name in your Event, then you need to direct the Event Proposal to them. No OM likes to be surprised with an Event where they are unvoluntarily volunteered into endorsing. They might just test their banstick on you.

kusje wrote:

Posted by micklauer at Feb 3, 2007 3:45:59 PM

Well, provided somebody with an extra Apollo doll decides to run such an event...

like Kingpriam, who apparently has two...

Don't blow up my spot...bizzle...I have plans...lots of them...
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved

Posted by GamerzKid at Feb 3, 2007 6:56:12 PM

Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils

I wonder if anyone is going to do this...

Speaking about this anyways... Apollo, are you really serious about this being a valid entry? If so....
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

--

Marzo of Midnight, Hunter, Sage, Viridian: Retired / Hiatus.
Buoyancy of Viridian: Active

First started playing: 2005.

Posted by Patetch at Feb 4, 2007 2:39:29 PM
This isn't for the contest, but they are still gifts, so I figured this would be a good spot. I have been having fun with the puppets I have made (for both the U Giv Doll contest and the Hermes Comic) and I thought they might be fun avatars. These are the puppets I have so far:

Someday I will be able to get women's hairstyles to look right, but for now, they still elude me.

I hope you enjoy them, and if the OMs (and Ceph) would like to use theirs as an avatar I'd be honored (but they don't have to.) Hypnos got two because I couldn't decide which I liked better.
Pletoo of Sage

Posted by peiyiing at Feb 4, 2007 5:15:34 PM
Cool! I like the sleeping Hypnos best. It made me chuckle.

kusje wrote:

Posted by satin11 at Feb 4, 2007 5:59:52 PM
About the whole thing with Apollo not getting any love from this contest... what contest are ya'll watching? Hehe, though he's the only ineligible OM, he's gotten the most entries I think:P

And yes, even I have something planned for dear Apollo. Though it won't be an entry, I had a fun idea for a gift.

That reminds me...

/e runs off to PM Thalette with a question.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 

Posted by Patetch at Feb 4, 2007 7:02:43 PM
Well, I wasn't quite happy with the other one, so here is another one for Cephalopod:

Pletoo of Sage

Posted by SSKitty at Feb 5, 2007 4:05:51 PM
This event inspires me so much.. I have to write a spontanious poem to ALL of the Ocean Masters!

Even though the nights are cold,
And my heart is lone and hollow..
I'd giveth all my PoE'y gold..
For the lovely, dear.. Ocean Masters. [Hrrrm Hrrm]

For even through my darkest days,
And tears I've had to swallow..
Shining bright in golden blaze,
There'd be my dear.. Ocean Masters.

Making life seem right again,
I toss the hangmans gallow!
Free of woe and free of chain..
I love my dear.. Ocean Masters.. [sigh]

Thank you for a wonderful in game experience..
You make my day!
"Captain! Full speed, sir!"
- Whitesails
SO and Cartographer of the crew Weirdy Beardys
Lord of the flag Fearless Privateers
Sage ocean

My avatarshop: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=57176

Posted by hydra800 at Feb 6, 2007 6:51:15 AM
wait so how do we enter?

Posted by Folletto at Feb 6, 2007 7:43:00 AM

wait so how do we enter?

Magic
Warning

Posted by Dronlord at Feb 6, 2007 9:33:00 AM
how about swan ships.

Posted by Sunwife at Feb 8, 2007 7:34:25 AM
Hmmm, just one question:

Do the prizes go for the best entries for each OM and Developer, or go for the best entries between all OM's and Developers?
Silmeria of Emerald.

/e reads:
"Your Experience in Carpentry (went down and) is now Novice!"

Posted by Ayenedya at Feb 8, 2007 10:30:34 AM
Aww's I was very disappointed along with the rest that Apollo couldn't be the target of my affection on Valentine's Day. However, I couldn't stop Peanut (as previously seen as Octobunny) from showing her love to him....

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut5.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut4.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/Apollonut1.jpg

Hope you are feeling better Apollo...

Hope you have a happy VD... err Valentine's day. :)

~ Casi ~

Casiopia on Cobalt
Casiopia
Luckypavo says, "Can you guess which OM I am?"
Casiopia says, "You're not apollo :( or I'd be stalking >.>"
Luckypavo says, "Casiopia."
Luckypavo says, "My heart. You just broke it."

Posted by Apollo at Feb 8, 2007 11:58:46 AM

So, um, is the entry valid if the pirate name and ocean is in the entry's sig? Or should I re-post my entry stating my info in the post itself?

Yes, your pirate name and ocean in your signature is enough. :)

Posted by Apollo at Feb 8, 2007 12:01:55 PM

Hmmm, just one question:

Do the prizes go for the best entries for each OM and Developer, or go for the best entries between all OM's and Developers?
The main prizes will be awarded across all entries. We hope to stab the others with toasting forks until they persuade the others to take a look at their entries and pick out a favorite or two, though.

Edit: and thank you, Peanut. ;)

Posted by Patetch at Feb 8, 2007 12:59:28 PM
Yay! Apollo is back and feeling better, I hope?
Pletoo of Sage

Posted by Apollo at Feb 8, 2007 1:10:10 PM

Yay! Apollo is back and feeling better, I hope?

Not fully better, but better than I was, thank ye. :)

Someone in a PM wrote: 
Can we PM you our entries for the Valentines Competition?Are screenshots allowed?
You can't PM entries - you need to post them in the entry threads linked from the first post. You can use screenshots if you wish.

Posted by Synful at Feb 8, 2007 1:13:44 PM
WE'LL TRY TO TAKE IT EASY ON YE, APOLLO! GLAD YER FEELING BETTER!
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Apollo at Feb 9, 2007 1:45:00 AM
I've added to the first post that if you post without your pirate name and ocean, updating your signature to clearly display them will be enough to meet that requirement. Obviously, having the information in the post is better, so don't use the signature instead, but it's ok as a fallback.

Posted by Apollo at Feb 11, 2007 12:36:58 AM
Not long left!

Can you find a bit of time to create something to woo an Oceanmaster or Developer, and maybe win a familiar? I'm not sure the experience has been nearly horrific enough for some of them... *winks*

Good luck with those last-minute entries!

Posted by Shandra at Feb 11, 2007 1:20:29 AM
/me sobs
I be workin as fast as I can!!
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.

Posted by anchovygirl at Feb 11, 2007 5:30:18 AM
My graphics tablet doesn't like my computer, but I shall force it to befriend it. >=D Hopefully I can get them all done.
Anchovia

Posted by NyamhRose at Feb 11, 2007 9:19:28 AM
Kk my poem. Note : I do NOT actually love this OM but thought he was quite cute :)

OM : Castor
Pirate Name : Windrose
Ocean: Sage

Your face so gentle and sweet,
This feeling just cant be beat,
This love is not petite,
But is fully complete,

You gaze upon oceans many,
And my face lights up brightly,
In hope of you gazing at me,
My heart beats so heavely,

My heart is here,
With you forever,
And alas yours is with another.
Nyamhrose

Posted by NyamhRose at Feb 11, 2007 9:21:06 AM
1 last question. When will we find out the results?
Nyamhrose

Posted by Synful at Feb 11, 2007 10:50:36 AM

First, you need to post your entry in the proper thread in Mariner's Muse forum. Judging could take weeks for OMs because they are so busy.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by andyadhd at Feb 11, 2007 1:02:27 PM

First, you need to post your entry in the proper thread in Mariner's Muse forum. Judging could take weeks for OMs because they are so busy.

*cough*(lazy)*cough*
I cant have a Image sig :(, but i made one anyway, so check it out here
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1857/curlewsignaturecopyrq2.jpg

Curlewsailor
Fleet Officer Mighty Roar
Lord of Chronicles of Roar
Viridian

Posted by Shikyo at Feb 11, 2007 1:08:46 PM

*cough*(lazy)*cough*

I'd imagine more disturbed and/or traumatized at some of these entries: read five entries, go scrub their brains, repeat.

That being said and done, I'm happily working on mine. All in the name of OM/Dev traumatization! It's a worthy cause.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

Save Scrappeh!

Posted by brainbeard at Feb 11, 2007 1:38:08 PM

*cough*(lazy)*cough*

I'd imagine more disturbed and/or traumatized at some of these entries: read five entries, go scrub their brains, repeat.

That being said and done, I'm happily working on mine. All in the name of OM/Dev traumatization! It's a worthy cause.

Hehehe...Mines not *quite* that bad, though the one for Nemesis is pertty durn close.
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!

Posted by lavawolf119 at Feb 11, 2007 3:29:26 PM
So I was just looking at Ecastasy's entry.. and I'd have to say it's pretty amazing, cute, and creative.. Good luck Ecastasy :)
~Avatar by my lovely Ecastasy<3 I heart my Moodoll~

Posted by andyadhd at Feb 11, 2007 3:43:13 PM
umm ok, i have a problem, my enrty, which is a flash animation was removed casue newground users are lame and didnt understand what it was, so i need some help in figuring out how to submitt it, if i put it n movie form i loose the sound, if i upload it again it will just get removed, so all i can think of is emailing it in, which is lame cause others cant watch it

apollo i need your help and suggestions on this one

Curlewsailor
Viridian

Posted by Shikyo at Feb 11, 2007 3:59:36 PM

umm ok, i have a problem, my enrty, which is a flash animation was removed casue newground users are lame and didnt understand what it was, so i need some help in figuring out how to submitt it, if i put it n movie form i loose the sound, if i upload it again it will just get removed, so all i can think of is emailing it in, which is lame cause others cant watch it

apollo i need your help and suggestions on this one

Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

Save Scrappeh!

Posted by andyadhd at Feb 11, 2007 5:15:55 PM

You tube will not accept .sfw (flash) files and i can put it out in .mov (quicktime) files but i loose sound and it is kinda important seeing as how i narrated it

i have never heard of devianart, i would look into it but you forgot the leave a website, if you could do that id look into it

Curlewsailor
Viridian

Posted by Shikyo at Feb 11, 2007 5:24:49 PM

You tube will not accept .sfw (flash) files and i can put it out in .mov (quicktime) files but i loose sound and it is kinda important seeing as how i narrated it

i have never heard of devianart, i would look into it but you forgot the leave a website, if you could do that id look into it

Deviantart.com. It's an art site. I'm not sure what files they'd specifically host, but I DO know that several people who used Newgrounds also stuck their stuff up there, so there's a certain amount of cross-compatability. Added bonus: unless you violate copyright laws, they won't delete your stuff. Ever.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

Save Scrappeh!

Posted by Mercurito_E at Feb 11, 2007 10:59:08 PM
Hi! my sis is having trouble posting her entries in the entry thread (she is getting some sort of error message). Would it be ok if i posted for her (and put her name, etc)?
Grenny!!! The one and only ~ I'm the evil twin...

Posted by Apollo at Feb 12, 2007 12:16:47 AM

Hi! my sis is having trouble posting her entries in the entry thread (she is getting some sort of error message). Would it be ok if i posted for her (and put her name, etc)?
Use her name and ocean in the post, and it should be ok. Just make sure you don't go over the maximum number of entries between you!

Posted by kadey at Feb 12, 2007 12:05:01 PM
Dear Hermes,
When you dock i shall stay up with you, searching for marbles.
I shall be your friend in the night, from 12 til 4, we shall play hearts. Take my heart, you messenger of the gods.

i <3 you Hermes.

kadey x
Kadey
Viridian Ocean
Senior Officer and Damsel of Night Eagles
Lady of The Imperial Fleet

Posted by jinjie at Feb 12, 2007 12:39:46 PM
blast it, according to the ways people win farmiliars i will never get onne 'cause i stink at this stuff./e sniffs
Jinjarita (aka Jinjie) of the Viridian ocean
Ninja Monkeys Rule

Posted by flepnerg at Feb 12, 2007 1:54:11 PM

Dear Hermes,
When you dock i shall stay up with you, searching for marbles.
I shall be your friend in the night, from 12 til 4, we shall play hearts. Take my heart, you messenger of the gods.

i <3 you Hermes.

kadey x

If that was and actual entry, ye may want to post in the corresponding thread.
~Surmuck
Viridian

Posted by marcyman1 at Feb 13, 2007 8:32:52 AM
Dear Aphrodite.

I know you are the Goddess of Love
and you have caught me under a spell
through thick and thin
I will always love you Aphrodite
I have always and forever
But I only have one question for you
my dear Aphrodite
Will you be my Valeintine?

-I am Marcdashark on the Sage Ocean
Senior Officer on the crew Shadows of Sage.

Posted by mateysmate12 at Feb 13, 2007 2:14:05 PM
so should i just post it on here cuz i have stuff

Posted by Folletto at Feb 13, 2007 2:19:44 PM

so should i just post it on here cuz i have stuff

How do I submit?
Ye must post your entry to the appropriate entry thread! There are three entry threads: one for OceanMasters whose name begins with A-E, one for OceanMasters whose name begins with F-Z, one for Developers. If you make something physical and also want to send it in, then PM Thalette to arrange this.

Entry thread for OceanMasters A-E
Entry thread for OceanMasters F-Z
Entry thread for Developers

To answer a quote with a quote.
Warning

Posted by Patetch at Feb 13, 2007 3:10:31 PM
Ok two down, (I have paid homage to Ceph and Dio in their truest forms) one to go - but who to focus my attention on? Apollo is out (though I think he may still have the most entries!) I have already immortalized quite a few in puppet form, so I need to share the love and target someone new in a new fashion hmmmmmmmmmm..... what to do, what to do?

Not long left!

Can you find a bit of time to create something to woo an Oceanmaster or Developer, and maybe win a familiar? I'm not sure the experience has been nearly horrific enough for some of them... *winks*

Good luck with those last-minute entries!

/e goes off to see who to set her sights on.....
Pletoo of Sage

Posted by Folletto at Feb 13, 2007 5:13:50 PM
Samael
Cobalt

I started this event after reading the first post. I began to construct 10 dolls for the OM’s I could find pictures of on YPP. As I forged on, I came back to the thread and found that a limit of OM/Dev’s had been made. This was an unexpected wrench in my plan so I quickly regrouped and continued on with a slightly modified plan. I also came into contact with my personal angel, Thelletta, who became my messenger. Now I have finished my project and am presenting the entries in the correct threads, but I had left over tributes that I sent. I will post them here.

First, 16 red roses for 16 people in the office, any 16 people. Just trying to spread the love.

For, Lindworm, the dev that signed my mug from the Halloween Event I made Moe, Larry, and Curly. He was right; robots do look good in ties.

For Aphrodite I created a doll from her picture on YPP

For Apollo I created a doll from his picture on YPP, then stuck it in a box and duct taped it as much as I could before I got bored. Then I wrote the instructions, “Do not cut, open with hands.”

For Mnemosyne I created a doll from her picture on YPP.

For Eurydice I created a doll from her picture on YPP.

Shown here by their names.

Warning

Posted by da_ripper at Feb 13, 2007 5:16:49 PM
Stupid procrastination. I only learned half of my Viola song XD. Oh well.

(PS - I <3 the dolls, nice job on them o.o)

Antix says, "Nice one"

Posted by Shandra at Feb 14, 2007 3:49:05 AM
Thanks fer a wonderful event Apollo.
Good luck to all in the judging!
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.

Posted by hiohjiggyoh at Feb 14, 2007 4:14:58 AM
I'd love to enter but I found out this contest too late. MUCH too late. Plus, I hate Valentine's Day with a passion.
Dinosaur

Posted by jaym2k5 at Feb 14, 2007 5:27:27 AM

I'd love to enter but I found out this contest too late. MUCH too late. Plus, I hate Valentine's Day with a passion.

I agree.

But I want a prize, so.
Jamezrob. - Banned.

Posted by ufa at Feb 14, 2007 7:14:58 AM
/emote cries

I never win anything.. Im just so unlucky...
----------------------------------------------------
I love puzzlepirates <3
Darvin - Hunter
Grandpapa - Midnight

Posted by JoelleX at Feb 14, 2007 8:27:40 AM
Ok I know French or Spanish is the language of love but how about Dutch,,, What do you think of this: Het is heel simpel, iedereen houdt van de Oceanmasters en Devolpers (ofzo). Daarom is het eigenlijk helemaal niet nodig om dit te doen. They are already so loved
>>> Viridian Ocean <<<
..............Joellex..............

Posted by EvilIvory at Feb 14, 2007 11:20:07 AM
WHERE DO I ENTER MY VALENTINE IDEA FOR THE CONTEST?

Posted by Apollo at Feb 14, 2007 11:30:47 AM

WHERE DO I ENTER MY VALENTINE IDEA FOR THE CONTEST?

Ahoy! If you read the first post in this thread, you will find links to the entry threads.

Posted by FallenTree at Feb 14, 2007 11:49:26 AM
And you've got about ten minutes to do it.
Bullettime on Hunter Ocean
Retired? Yeah, let's go with that.

Posted by neih_neih at Feb 14, 2007 11:53:28 AM
hey im having trouble uploading my vdeo to youtube, its taking super long, any chance i could enter the link likw 15-20 mins afterthe 12?
Shadowwalker on Viridian
Prince of Legion of Doom

Posted by flepnerg at Feb 14, 2007 12:05:07 PM
So the deadline itself is over....
When do we find out the results?
~Surmuck
Sort of Impatient....
Sort of doesn't want to find out
~Surmuck
Viridian

Posted by Apollo at Feb 14, 2007 12:13:12 PM
And it's closed. I'm going to be locking the entry threads now, and also this thread.

Once I compile a full list of entries, though, I'll post that in a new thread, and you can chat in there. This one will stay locked except for judging updates and then the results.

Please allow us a couple of weeks for judging, and thank you all for your excellent and varied entries!

Posted by akaSnowpea at Feb 14, 2007 12:15:52 PM
~ Appollo ~

In fairness yourself from the contest did take
Which caused my (only very slightly unstable) heart to break!

Your humor and with I enjoy day by day
So I still had to take just a minut to say

I like all the OMs - the Devs are cool to,
but given the option, I still would choose you!

Snowpea
Midnight Ocean

Hightop & Snowpea
Forever Betrothed

Posted by Apollo at Feb 27, 2007 5:48:35 PM
Re: Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff! [WINNERS HERE!]
Thank you all for the wonderful variety of entries that you inflicted on my lucky colleagues!
We all had a lot of fun watching them coming in, and judging them at the end, and we'd like to thank everyone for their entries. We couldn't possibly give a prize to everyone, but every entry was appreciated.

Our discreet recording devices noted the following reactions to the entries:
"wow!"
"whoa!"
"awww!"
"ew!"
"ooh!"
"wat"

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I caught at least one "why me?" and several unidentified sounds that could have been the sounds of Ringers falling off chairs.

A special thank you to those who sent things into the office, as well. It was a very exciting time!

*drum roll*

The Winner!

The grand prize winner for our overall favorite Valentine's entry was Ecastasy, with the Nemo candle holder. Congratulations, Ecastasy! Please post here, or PM me, with your choice of red familiar, and I'll get that delivered to you.

The Runners-Up!

Three pirates tied for second place in the overall judging. Each wins a sleeping piglet, and a portrait with their OM.

Hornitoad, for a very catchy song to Aphrodite.
Jsweetie, for an excellent spa for Hypnos.
Krissybaby, for a beautiful pillow for Artemis.

The Honorable Mentions!
A mixture of highest scores for Ringers and "personal picks".

Aphrodite:
Phoenixflame wins a bouquet of red roses

Arcturus:
Francisgrace wins an Arcturus doll

Artemis:
Dutchlegend wins a long-stem red rose
Timpsit wins a red rose
Redthepirate wins a red rose

Bia:
Samael wins a Bia doll

Blackhat:
Kitna wins a red rose

Castor:
Anjellee wins a red rose

Cephalopod:
Pletoo wins a lime dyer and a lime/black ribbon

Cleaver:
Fairwindy wins a red rose

Clio:
Hawkings wins a red rose

Demeter:
Baldo wins a Demeter doll

Dionysus:
Francisgrace wins a red rose

Endymion:
Gwendolyne wins a red rose

Eurydice:
Epidemic wins a Eurydice doll
Pomfret wins a gold signet ring
Countrytheta wins a Eurydice doll
Spoonio wins an orange long-stem rose

Glaucus:
Bullettime wins a box of chocolates

Hephaestus:
Anchovia wins a portrait with Hephaestus
Rondell wins a portrait with Hephaestus

Hermes:
Madmarymeade wins a renamed war brig (name tbc!)
Ravine wins a Hermes doll
Forsakn wins a Hermes doll
Adrielle wins a Hermes doll

Hypnos:
Silversnap wins a maroon rose
Vixy wins a red rose

Lelantos:
Lyuda wins a sofa and a daisy
Crystalclaws wins a birdcage and a daisy
Twiztedrose wins a desk and a daisy

Lizthegrey:
Samael wins a red rose

Nemesis:
Taco wins a Nemesis doll and a pink long-stem rose
Aenima wins a Nemesis doll and a pink long-stem rose
Strength wins a red long-stem rose
Sezra wins a red long-stem rose

Oceanus:
Feylind wins a red rose

Poseidon:
Carribean wins a red rose

Prometheus:
Seerauber wins a maroon rose
Roseash wins a maroon rose

Roparzh:
Taco wins a surprise something!

Thalette
Baldo wins a red orchid

Prize Distribution
Most of the prizes have now been delivered (apart from portraits). Aphrodite, Eurydice and Roparzh should be delivering their own. Madmarymeade needs to PM me with times when she might be on so that I can trade the ship deed. Everyone else's prizes were coordinated through me and have been delivered.

For portrait prizes, I suggest that you send your Ringer a PM outlining likely times that you will be on over the next week. They can then get back to you with times that might be mutually convenient for a portrait.

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you from all of us to everyone who put an entry in!

Posted by brainbeard at Feb 27, 2007 6:00:22 PM
Yay! I <3 joo aphro! /me waits for another moment to throw little poems of stoofz her wayz!
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!

Posted by XEcastasy at Feb 27, 2007 6:27:13 PM
ZOMG! Thanks sooooo much ^_^. I cannot explain in words how bouncy I am right now. I'll be happily awaiting the day the stork delivers a little red monkeh :)

This event was actually great, I was happy to do something I really enjoyed and it was a MUCH needed stress break from school. Luff to the OMs <3 and of course Nemo my sweetie ;D
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

Posted by vixyish at Feb 27, 2007 6:42:38 PM
Woot! A ROSE A ROSE A ROSE! *adores you all*

The winning entries are fantastic. Congrats to everyone!
-- Vixyfish on Cerulean

Posted by Cooldragon23 at Feb 27, 2007 6:57:22 PM
Woot! I won first place! lol jk...

Great job to all the winners... and the I-didn't-win-ners...
Cooldragon on Sage Ocean

Arora says, "would sume1 please give me poez to help my sister and I buy an estate?

Posted by Ezmerelda_M at Feb 27, 2007 6:57:41 PM
Re: Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]
Thanx thanx thanx thanx thanx thanx!!!!!!! I was so happy i nearly cried wen I saw my name =D =D Had to check that i'd read it right a few times! I'm so glad u liked it!

Thanx thanx thanx!!!

Ad
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...

Posted by rbbarker at Feb 27, 2007 7:31:47 PM
Awesome! Well done all!
Yahooooooooooo!
Baldo
now retired

Posted by karlathemex at Feb 27, 2007 8:09:50 PM
heeeeheee i knew EX's would win from the moment i saw it :D congrats dearie!
and did nemo not choose favorites?
pazy on midnight

Posted by karlathemex at Feb 27, 2007 8:17:11 PM
lmao. didnt see the " FOR RINGERS" in that sentance.
<3 edit buttan. i mees you.
pazy on midnight

Posted by Deborah at Feb 27, 2007 9:49:03 PM
Awesome event, thank you so much for hosting it, Apollo.

I *LOVED* seeing what everyone came up with for their entries. It was amazing and I am really impressed with the creativity of the mates in y!pp.

Can't wait to play on my new war brig. ('Fletch, it's NONSINKING, if you were wondering.)

--madmarymeade, midnight ocean
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."

Posted by thranduil01 at Feb 27, 2007 10:54:59 PM
oops no prize.prolly cus of my accent bug

Free wazzy

Posted by thranduil01 at Feb 27, 2007 10:59:39 PM
oops cudnt u write a letter o Apolla yarr thats pity :P

Free wazzy

Posted by anchovygirl at Feb 27, 2007 11:29:46 PM
Oooo! Yay, a portrait with Heph! Now if only I could find time in between all my studying...
Anchovia

Posted by Lizzie at Feb 27, 2007 11:57:44 PM
*insert massive sigh of relief* exactly what I was hoping for. Oh Hermes, you read my mind! WE MUST BELONG TOGETHER!!
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

Posted by Apollo at Feb 28, 2007 12:04:02 AM
A reminder, in case people got so excited at seeing their names on the winners' list:

Please do not petition for prizes. They will be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday). The only exceptions are those who won portraits - those people should PM.

Posted by Apollo at Feb 28, 2007 12:06:37 AM

and did nemo not choose favorites?

If the personal pick(s) were already covered by the overall prizes, I didn't relist them under the honorable mentions. The overall winner and runners-up would all have received honorable mentions if they hadn't won a higher prize.

Posted by pushit at Feb 28, 2007 3:39:11 AM

Aemima wins a Nemesis doll and a pink long-stem rose

Awww thank you sooo <3
/e throws teh crabz at Apollo, I'm not AeMima :(
Ænima

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Posted by Apollo at Feb 28, 2007 5:07:51 AM

Aemima wins a Nemesis doll and a pink long-stem rose

Awww thank you sooo <3
/e throws teh crabz at Apollo, I'm not AeMima :(

I knew that. Apologies for the typo. :)

Posted by Countrytheta at Feb 28, 2007 10:02:09 AM
Awe my very own Eurydice to snuggle...I couldn't have asked for a better prize! <3
Thanks for the fun event!
Countrytheta
~*~*~*~*~*~
Theta Wuz Here.

Posted by Apollo at Feb 28, 2007 1:51:24 PM
Eurydice, Aphrodite and Roparzh are distributing prizes themselves - post in here if you don't get them within a few days!
Madmarymeade needs to PM me with online times so that I can trade the ship deed.
Everyone else should now have their prizes. Your task now is simply to find them. *grins*

Posted by Deborah at Feb 28, 2007 3:19:01 PM
Thanks for my new war brig, Hermes, and thanks for delivering it, Apollo!

My new vessel's name? Hot Pirate Action. Rawr.

I haffa "pope" that baby out now.

--m3
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."

Posted by Artemis at Feb 28, 2007 3:22:49 PM
Apollo's lost his internet access, but wants to pass on apologies that the Hermes dolls were left back at the depot rather than being put in the Santa Sack. This will be fixed as soon as possible!

Posted by codenameX at Feb 28, 2007 3:48:01 PM
Oooh! Thank you! Love my rose!!

Congrats to all the winners!
~ Anjellee on Hunter

Queen of the flag Masque
Captain of the Marauders
Lieutenant Commander in the Navy
Owner of many ships

Posted by Libelle at Feb 28, 2007 4:19:12 PM
Holy cow! That candle holder is super awesome!
Kolibri of Viridian
Libelle on Hunter & Sage

Posted by XEcastasy at Feb 28, 2007 6:14:12 PM

Holy cow! That candle holder is super awesome!
Hehe, awww thank you! :o)
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

Posted by ChuckRalls at Feb 28, 2007 9:01:48 PM
So close yet so far away...me wonders if I will ever get a familiar.

Thanks for the piglet and portrait...I will cherish them

HT
I am a hornitoad, I am a hornitoad, I am a hornitoad...
Opps won't happen again

Posted by anchovygirl at Feb 28, 2007 11:11:23 PM
Hehe, I like my Portrait and the bunch of "Steel" Roses I got from Heph. His monkey was very obedient while we were taking it and didn't decide to attack me. =D
Anchovia

Posted by Danikins at Mar 1, 2007 1:03:46 AM
Woohoo! A Hermes doll of my own!

Now I can take him everywhere I go...

<.<
>.>

*hoards*
Forget [Cobalt]
Livngdedgirl says, "i assume everything you say is sexual"
Avatar by me. PM if you want one.

Posted by pushit at Mar 1, 2007 1:37:52 AM

Everyone else should now have their prizes. Your task now is simply to find them. *grins*

Ugh, maybe I don't know where to find it :( :O
Ænima

Posted by XEcastasy at Mar 1, 2007 3:25:21 AM

Ugh, maybe I don't know where to find it :( :O

Try checking in a house where you have no roommates in the trinket case :) (If you don't have one they temp loan you one)
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

Posted by pushit at Mar 1, 2007 4:16:27 AM
Yep, it wasn't there so I thought I'll check other oceans just in case and I found it.. on Midnight, where I log on once a year he he -_- I just saw my mistake, forgot to put ocean in entry..
yay for my retardness!
But then Demeter was sooo kind to switch it :))) Thank you again <3
Ænima

Posted by mustsaba at Mar 1, 2007 4:22:43 AM
oO

I got mentioned! Actually, the name on Hunters is TimpsiK, not Timpsit. :P

Still, am very glad to even be mentioned. ^^

Posted by Patetch at Mar 1, 2007 6:51:55 AM
:) Yay - congrats to the other winners, and yay! A ribbon for me - :D thank ye, Ceph, now I just need to know what puppet to make. Although the lime dyer may have been a hint - I think I am probably supposed to be making something green :P

/e is getting rather tired of winter and snow storms that knock out internet connections and make computer rooms freezing and is looking forward to the day when the interent stays connected for more than ten minutes so she can actually play again, but it is STILL snowing...
Pletoo of Sage

Posted by Synful at Mar 1, 2007 6:54:50 AM

:) Yay - congrats to the other winners, and yay! A ribbon for me - :D thank ye, Ceph, now I just need to know what puppet to make. Although the lime dyer may have been a hint - I think I am probably supposed to be making something green :P

/e is getting rather tired of winter and snow storms that knock out internet connections and make computer rooms freezing and is looking forward to the day when the interent stays connected for more than ten minutes so she can actually play again, but it is STILL snowing...

Read your puppet thread for an idea..hint...read my post in it lol
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Cephalopod at Mar 1, 2007 9:47:28 AM

I think I am probably supposed to be making something green :P

It's not green, it's LIME! Glorious, tacky LIME!

Posted by anchovygirl at Mar 1, 2007 11:02:17 AM

But Lime is a shade of green...
Anchovia

Posted by Cephalopod at Mar 1, 2007 11:14:53 AM

Lime has transcended greenness and become its own unique entity in the universe.

Posted by Patetch at Mar 1, 2007 12:00:37 PM

I think I am probably supposed to be making something green LIME :P

Lime has transcended greenness and become its own unique entity in the universe.

Of course - you are right - how foolish of me :P

Since all I have right now is just plain old green - I will have to look for some LIME material to make a...?
Pletoo of Sage

Posted by Synful at Mar 1, 2007 8:02:57 PM

Since all I have right now is just plain old green - I will have to look for some LIME material to make a...?

a pod. :p

peapod.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Silversnap at Mar 5, 2007 2:10:39 PM
Please say a huge thank you to Hypnos for my rose - it's lovely! :D.
Silversnap, The Sea Hares, Day of the Tentacle, Viridian; Squids In, Hunter
Seaslug, Day Traders, Looterati, Midnight

Posted by bcsingingmom at Mar 5, 2007 3:02:03 PM
Thank you Pro for the lovely rose! I shall treasure it.

and thanks to Apollo for hosting this fun event. So much variety in entries... very fun stuff!
Seerauber
back from Davy Jones' Locker and now on Obsidian

Posted by brainbeard at Mar 5, 2007 3:05:09 PM
Thank you for the bouqet Aphrodite! I love it!
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!

Posted by bigdudedd209 at Mar 6, 2007 7:19:57 AM
I worked a hard 2 hours on a little poem and what do i get?
Nothing!
Aphrodite said she loved it.
I am getting the dang short end of the stick here.
At least I care about the Oms and Devs.
It is JUST A GAME!and if u guys would give prizes to everyone that would be something good for u and ur game because more people would become members and u guys just care about the dang money like everyone else.You couldn't make people who spent a little time on a poem that was great happy could you? THat is why i quit.You guys are cheap.Other than aphrodite who is nice.
Me neem iz bigdudeddee 'nd pokr iz me gam

Cool Avatars by daldal from
http://forums.puzzlepirates/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=56776

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?bigdudeddee Look at that.If u want ur brain eaten click here!

Posted by bigdudedd209 at Mar 6, 2007 7:25:04 AM
It says"Ye will get extra points if yer target is impressed by yer proposal!"
Aphrodite said she loved it. I named all the reasons about her that are great and my finger hurt so i stopped.
Me neem iz bigdudeddee 'nd pokr iz me gam

Cool Avatars by daldal from
http://forums.puzzlepirates/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=56776

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?bigdudeddee Look at that.If u want ur brain eaten click here!

Posted by Apollo at Mar 6, 2007 11:44:44 AM

Nothing!
It is JUST A GAME!and if u guys would give prizes to everyone that would be something good for u and ur game because more people would become members and u guys just care about the dang money like everyone else.You couldn't make people who spent a little time on a poem that was great happy could you? THat is why i quit.You guys are cheap.Other than aphrodite who is nice.

Mate, many people worked hard on their entries, and many people didn't win prizes. It's the nature of contests. We had entries that probably took no more than a couple of minutes to things that may have taken days of work. Remember that there were around 300 entries to this contest - that's rather too many to be giving every entry a prize. As I said before, we loved seeing the entries, even though we couldn't give prizes to everything.

Posted by debbiedoo at Mar 6, 2007 12:13:05 PM
Wow Ouch Im sorry yer this upset, but i spent 2 full weekends fri -sun on my 2 entries and i didnt even get a mention but Im not complaining coz i enjoyed doin my entries......lol u try hammering in over 100 nails into a board then stringing thread thru them or gluing over 60 sequins onto a real chicken egg......lol i almost went blind >.< I get grumpy fer a few days then prepare fer the next contest i think i may have a small chance of winning :D such is the nature of a game/contest. Just keep tryin , that is what I do and one day ........just one day something u write or make will catch the eye of the judges and u will win ^_^ then u will feel all yer efforts were worth the tons of times u lost.

^_^
Deb

Posted by Ingvild at Mar 7, 2007 3:28:15 PM
My goal this time around was to enter, but in hindsight, I should have drawn the Nautilus! That's the way to get Nemo's attention. Never mind that I haven't a clue what it looks like.
Yngvild

Posted by Bazzacookie at Mar 9, 2007 10:44:00 AM
I knew I would'nt win.

Posted by Synful at Mar 9, 2007 12:42:16 PM
Aww don't feel too bad, littledudeee...I worked for weeks on my entry. Only had time to do one entry and there were only three entries for that particular dev and I didn't get anything either. That's the way it is. Will I enter another one of these? Probably. Will I do something for that same dev? Probably not. I like to share my love around. =)
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by odeliya06 at Mar 11, 2007 1:32:42 PM
awww... i never win :(
Mah god! I've been gone so long they managed to fix the edit button, eh?

Posted by the_rock99 at Mar 19, 2007 11:06:51 AM

Nothing!

SHUT UP you stupid toss. I'm tired of you im so glad you quit. Your a sore loser. Its posts like these that make you sound like a greenie ( which no doubt you are ).

So in future shut your mouth and know your role cause the greatone said so!
Greatness.
Better than you.

Posted by Countrytheta at Mar 19, 2007 1:25:41 PM

Nothing!

SHUT UP you stupid toss. I'm tired of you im so glad you quit. Your a sore loser. Its posts like these that make you sound like a greenie ( which no doubt you are ).

So in future shut your mouth and know your role cause the greatone said so!

Wow...I can't help but wonder how you think your attitude is any better than the other. There's really no need for that sort of response here or anywhere. If you can't respond in a constructive and responsible way, perhaps it's best to take your own advice.
Countrytheta
~*~*~*~*~*~
Theta Wuz Here.

Posted by Apollo at Mar 19, 2007 2:17:25 PM
Uh. Yeah.

Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates