mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 27, 2020 8:53:59 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by tw11st38r at May 27, 2003 8:57:42 AM
Can I transfer goods to another crew's ship?
1. is there a way for me to transfer goods i already own, directly to another pirate or another crew?

1a. if i job for another crew, as a jobber, can i transfer goods i have ordered directly to their ship? If not, what rank do i have to be?

Blackdeath

Posted by Nemo at May 27, 2003 11:05:33 AM
Re: Can I transfer goods to another crew's ship?
Officers have access to the hold, so that's the rank you need. Right now no one can transfer ship-to-ship, but shortly you will be able to within your own crew. When Flags are implemented there may be a mechanism to do so within a Flag.
Jobbing for a crew gives you no rights to access their hold.

-Nemo
----------------------------------------

Posted by Rengor at May 27, 2003 12:52:24 PM
Since you're a shopowner you could technically buy it up and sell it back to the other ship.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--

Posted by tw11st38r at May 27, 2003 1:03:56 PM
Well that's what I was curious about. I would like to be able to buy some and have a lot INSTANTLY ready to sell/use, for a premium price.

Blackdeath

Posted by Rengor at May 27, 2003 1:15:35 PM
Not quite sure what you mean.

You can buy up all and have some only for use and a certain amount for sale, if that's what ye mean?
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--

Posted by LonesomeCrow at May 28, 2003 12:29:05 AM
Nemo,
Why limit trasnfer of good to crews or flags? Why won't I be allowed to transfer goods to other crews? If I or someone else runs out of rum out on the open sea, it would be nice to be able bring them rum.

I could then become the Y!PP equivalent of the highway helper ;-)

Also, don't know if its been filed as a bug, but several pirates in the crew have ordered Rum not knowing that they won't be able to deliver it to the hold.
Can we have an option of letting crew members see our orders? This way I can order rum, and let other officers have access to orders I've placed, and also then I can have me pirates order the rum, whilst I be attending to other business.
Tarrna: [Insignificant] Senior Officer - Sinking Feelings

Sergio Aragones wrote: 

Posted by tw11st38r at May 28, 2003 12:47:42 AM
It would be very handy to be able to transfer goods to other crews/pirates to be used as a form of payment (even at shoppes). If Silverbeard has a hat that I want, we should be able to arrange payment in trades, rum, cloth, dye, etc. Being able to do so could benefit both people in several ways. Maybe Silverbeard has a desparate need for a certain type of cloth, or rum... well if I have some of that, we may be able to work out a nice trade, combining goods and poe.

Blackdeath

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates