mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 30, 2020 12:51:35 PM
Posts: 239   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by brendan41 at Oct 12, 2005 12:14:37 AM
Re: [Contest] Who Wants to be Hades' Governor?
if i win an island do get the deed to everything on the island whith it
----------------------------------------
Bejntam

Captain of Los Siete Mares

Prince of Killer Saxons

Posted by LongJohnGrey at Oct 12, 2005 2:02:25 PM
You will almost certainly only get the infrastructure buildings.

So, you can put news up in places, decorate things, etc.
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).

Posted by Minthe at Oct 13, 2005 8:02:35 AM

You'll get anything a new governor would get. That should be most buildings on either Sakejima, but won't cover any shoppes on Jorvik.

You may consider access to these buildings, and the news locations within, as available resources.

Posted by LethalLizord at Oct 14, 2005 7:21:54 AM

You'll get anything a new governor would get. That should be most buildings on either Sakejima, but won't cover any shoppes on Jorvik.

You may consider access to these buildings, and the news locations within, as available resources.

I dont think the reward is meant to be abused though... (as in using shoppes to trade profit to your main account) To me it's more of a chance to roleplay, have some fun crashing blockades solo in a war frig, and think up ideas for events ;)
~Viridian~
SnakeEye
Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
SnakeEyes
Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
SnakeEyes
Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye

Posted by brendan41 at Oct 14, 2005 9:22:34 AM
I dont think the reward is meant to be abused though... (as in using shoppes to trade profit to your main account) To me it's more of a chance to roleplay, have some fun crashing blockades solo in a war frig, and think up ideas for events ;)[/quote]

i agree 100 %
Bejntam

Prince of Killer Saxons

Posted by Synful at Oct 14, 2005 2:38:44 PM
Aye, I could be wrong but I woudln't want to ruin the island for a good blockade when and if it does come open and we don't want it to turn into an Alpha in my opinion.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by psychox at Oct 15, 2005 6:53:18 PM
Bah , didn't really understand the posts talking about shoppes , surprised no one has yet asked about it...
Does the governor get to build any shoppes?
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

Posted by av8tors32 at Oct 15, 2005 7:11:39 PM
Not to be a jerk.. but one must assume that if you are governor you can ummm ahhh ... do governor things.
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.

Posted by Synful at Oct 16, 2005 7:21:54 AM
I'm sure ye can do governor types of things, some just prefer to preserve the island for the next ownership rather than turning it into a cnossos or something similar. To me, that's what island responsibility is, being prepared for growth.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by psychox at Oct 16, 2005 11:15:29 AM
Hehe , but that means the winner of this could make a huge profit out of it , i mean , Sakejima is huge , building shops there would mean good poe , and being just a little greedy would give ye a hell of poe...
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

Posted by av8tors32 at Oct 16, 2005 3:42:14 PM
Well thats why the Ringers want to see a plan. You dont really think the Ringers will give the island to a greedy PoE grubbing Pirate do you? I certainly hope not.
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.

Posted by FerdtheGREAT at Oct 16, 2005 9:12:13 PM
Ok, I'm new to the editor. How do I open the Sakijilima file on the editor?
Ferdnand

Posted by Synful at Oct 16, 2005 10:07:37 PM
File>open>
Then choose the correct file. Hopefully, ye saved it into the folder that says Yohoho Tools. If not, ye'll have to go search for it and move it in there.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by FerdtheGREAT at Oct 17, 2005 6:40:56 AM
By where do I get the file? (Sakejima)
Ferdnand

Posted by Minthe at Oct 17, 2005 9:50:43 AM

Here.

Also, regarding the shoppes, well, you can place them, but you've got to put that in your plan. If your plan is to build a bunch of shoppes and pocket the profits, I'll be honest and say you're not likely to become governor.

There are a number of fun, innovative plans up already. I'm impressed and happy with the response.

Posted by FerdtheGREAT at Oct 17, 2005 5:52:36 PM

Here.

Also, regarding the shoppes, well, you can place them, but you've got to put that in your plan. If your plan is to build a bunch of shoppes and pocket the profits, I'll be honest and say you're not likely to become governor.

That's not me plan. lol Ye'll see me plan when I post it. lol
Good Luck to all :)

Edit: Another question. In ye judging ye are looking for a plan that would acutally be used by a serious govenor, not like 100% taxes and a gate to hell (all that b**l s**t stuff), correct?
Ferdnand

Posted by FerdtheGREAT at Oct 17, 2005 8:32:10 PM
Sorry mates but I still don't understand.
After I go to Rustycutlass to get he XML, then what do I do with it? Copy/Paste?
Ferdnand

Posted by BehindCurtai at Oct 17, 2005 11:27:50 PM
save it in a file
open that file in the scene editor
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

Posted by kmf at Oct 18, 2005 2:21:36 AM
A new furnishing shop has been placed on Jorvik. Can we expect anymore construction prior to this event ending? The building of two furnishing shops on this island was central to my Governor's plan and so this new construction has scuppered my entry. (Three shops of that type on poor overbuilt Jorvik is one too many).
kmf
Looterati, Midnight Ocean
Painting Midnight purple, one ship at a time...

Posted by Jacktheblack at Oct 18, 2005 6:21:53 AM

A new furnishing shop has been placed on Jorvik. Can we expect anymore construction prior to this event ending? The building of two furnishing shops on this island was central to my Governor's plan and so this new construction has scuppered my entry. (Three shops of that type on poor overbuilt Jorvik is one too many).

I would like to know how it was determined that Napam got ownership of that construction site. And then by my reasoning he will then own the shop as well....

Posted by Varthlokkur at Oct 18, 2005 6:28:09 AM

I would like to know how it was determined that Napam got ownership of that construction site. And then by my reasoning he will then own the shop as well....

My understanding is that he bought another shop, and traded it for the construction site.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean

Posted by quiglin at Oct 18, 2005 9:10:27 AM

My understanding is that he bought another shop, and traded it for the construction site.

Sorta changes people's approach to the contest, though...like KMF, here. ewwww...

lando wrote: 
This deal gets worse all the time.

Posted by Jacktheblack at Oct 18, 2005 9:31:05 AM

Why wasn't anyone who owned a shop on the island told this then? I might have traded my Apothacary for a Furnishing shop.

Posted by Varthlokkur at Oct 18, 2005 11:15:52 AM

Why wasn't anyone who owned a shop on the island told this then? I might have traded my Apothacary for a Furnishing shop.

I don't know. Personally, I don't blame Napalm for asking or getting it done. Hades, on the other hand, shouldn't have done this while the contest was pending, and most probably not at all without public disclosure of the opportunity to others.

If there are any other commitments to provide/swap/dust whatever buildings and whatnot that have been made (on either ocean) that the prospective governors will have to factor into their plans for the island, those should have been disclosed as soon as possible for the contestants to factor in; they absolutely should be disclosed ASAP (and the prospective candidates for affected islands, if any, possibly given more time to revise their proposals to boot). Even if there are no other pending deals, Hades should at least disclose that fact.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean

Posted by FerdtheGREAT at Oct 18, 2005 2:58:31 PM

save it in a file

Save it as wat kind of file? wordperfect?
Ferdnand

Posted by brendan41 at Oct 18, 2005 5:19:08 PM
im planning a party for hades leaving present and wondered if the sakejima palace would be able to be doen up with tourny boards tables and a brawl i have a few sponsers and lots of prizes and ther is many game if interested got to events the to to party on viridian
Bejntam

Prince of Killer Saxons

Posted by BehindCurtai at Oct 18, 2005 8:52:00 PM

save it in a file

Save it as wat kind of file? wordperfect?

<sigh>.

You save the file (it will end in .xml extension) on the disk somewhere, probably under "My Documents" or "~". You name it something like "Island.xml" if it isn't already named that.

Then, you start up the scene editor, and open that file.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

Posted by Minthe at Oct 19, 2005 4:25:38 AM
Ack! It seems what happened was an Oceanmaster didn't know about the contest going on and just granted what seemed to be a reasonable player request. So my fault, really, for not properly informing them.

I'm really sorry this happened. It's not really possible to turn back the clock on the shoppe switch, but I can promise nothing else will happen until after the new Governor is chosen.

Posted by Jacktheblack at Oct 19, 2005 2:20:12 PM

Ack! It seems what happened was an Oceanmaster didn't know about the contest going on and just granted what seemed to be a reasonable player request. So my fault, really, for not properly informing them.

I'm really sorry this happened. It's not really possible to turn back the clock on the shoppe switch, but I can promise nothing else will happen until after the new Governor is chosen.

So can I change a shop on Alpha for a Furnishing Shop then? How about the same for Epsilion?

Posted by brendan41 at Oct 19, 2005 3:18:12 PM
when will the winner actually be decide on the day or what and how will u egt a hold of us and if u r able can u come to the party with hades and if the decision is made by them plz announce it
Bejntam

Prince of Killer Saxons

Posts: 239   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates