mvnForum Homepage

Print at Mar 7, 2021 4:38:36 AM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by montell at Aug 10, 2005 5:05:55 AM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
Unfortunately the shipyard bazaar is the obsolete building on Olive. The one stall there is dark. There has never been more than one stall in it. Both shipyards are busy. So in our case, the bazaar is a total waste of space and eliminating it would not harm anyone.
----------------------------------------
Bibity

Posted by Daplunderer at Aug 10, 2005 5:23:27 AM
Delayed? And I thought I was getting a nice birthday present.
Zangor on Midnight Ocean.

Posted by Kaet at Aug 10, 2005 5:41:34 AM
montell wrote: 
Unfortunately the shipyard bazaar is the obsolete building on Olive. The one stall there is dark. There has never been more than one stall in it. Both shipyards are busy. So in our case, the bazaar is a total waste of space and eliminating it would not harm anyone.

It's not a "waste of space" if it keeps the island holding flag from building a different building. If the island holding flag wants a certain type of shop so much that they would build them on an island so ill-suited for that type of shop that no one else will bother opening a stall in the related bazaar, well that's the flag's choice, isn't it?

While it might be "too bad" for any later flags that take the island, them's the breaks.

Posted by black_beard7 at Aug 10, 2005 5:50:50 AM
now im tired waiting! i heard it was delayed from amtheyst earlier today at the inn because it kept freezin ah well -_- sigh looks like ill have somthin to look forward to tomorrow
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.

Posted by Rappak at Aug 10, 2005 5:53:38 AM
Nemo wrote: 
With the housing release, both Shacks and Furnisher Bazaars will have their labor costs dropped to one hour. Any medium islands wishing to have their banks destroyed should PM me.

So i assume that Banks are forever obsolete and that this annoucement will apply to large islands too?

And what do you mean by the one hour? So it is basically only 1 hour to make the shack and furnisher bazaars provided that the commods are there and this is only temp because of the already colonized islands? How long will this offer last? Will terra get the same opportunity since it was just colonized?
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?

Posted by Nemo at Aug 10, 2005 5:54:35 AM
No, scratch that bank quote. Cleaver and I still don't see eye to eye on it, so we're leaving them.

Posted by black_beard7 at Aug 10, 2005 5:56:44 AM
err nemo can ye give me a rough time r will it be delayed further?
Triggster.

Posted by Nemo at Aug 10, 2005 6:02:21 AM
black_beard7 wrote: 
err nemo can ye give me a rough time r will it be delayed further?

It has nothing to do with the time of the release.

Posted by black_beard7 at Aug 10, 2005 6:05:56 AM
i meant when the patch will be finally realsed im sorry for being impatient but if been waiting since 12;40am PDT
Triggster.

Posted by Nemo at Aug 10, 2005 6:15:15 AM
Everyone's been waiting for three years, mate. I'm not going to pin Peghead down just because you're impatient. He's pushing it out the door, and you'll know it's coming when the server tells you.

Posted by black_beard7 at Aug 10, 2005 6:23:12 AM
woo jus as i read that i heard the funny litl noise 30 mins!
Triggster.

Posted by Rmarsbar at Aug 10, 2005 6:24:49 AM
The patch will be realeased in 30 minutes.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by moler22190 at Aug 10, 2005 2:45:33 PM
Re:
furniture delivery fees on viridian are a killer
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!

Posted by Rappak at Aug 10, 2005 9:09:22 PM
Re:

As per the announcement a while back here where Artemis posts

Artemis wrote: 
We have added a limit on the number of shoppes that can be built in a week to two to slow the rate of development of an island. Note that this does not apply to bazaars and other government buildings! We hope to hard-code this limit at some point, however, until then we will be enforcing this manually.

As you can see, this does not apply to bazaars, only the number of shoppes built.

Last night, Kirin on Cobalt lost a lot of ground because no one believed that this didn't exist. I'm extremely unhappy as I was unable to prove that Kirin could build the shack and the furni bazaar along with the two sites and the forums were down. The dev islands got a big boost while kirin island fell to the wayside.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.

Posted by Kaet at Aug 10, 2005 9:20:38 PM
Re: Re:

Last night, Kirin on Cobalt lost a lot of ground because no one believed that this didn't exist. I'm extremely unhappy as I was unable to prove that Kirin could build the shack and the furni bazaar along with the two sites and the forums were down. The dev islands got a big boost while kirin island fell to the wayside.

I think you can you only have two construction sites at one time, anyway. There are two shops being built on Kirin right now, were they placed last night, or were they already being built?

Posted by Rappak at Aug 10, 2005 9:24:40 PM

I think you can you only have two construction sites at one time, anyway. There are two shops being built on Kirin right now, were they placed last night, or were they already being built?

I already being built. Though I don't remember when, I
think one was after the annoucement, about a day, and the other was before it.

I guess I need clarification. Does it mean that you can go over the 2 site limit then or not?

I also learned that the dev-islands also have 0% taxes which also didn't make me happy either.

Posted by Kaet at Aug 10, 2005 10:09:42 PM

I guess I need clarification. Does it mean that you can go over the 2 site limit then or not?

As I understand it, the limit applies to shops only, not "government structures." Bazaars are government structures, for instance, and I believe all housing is, too, since apparently none of the poe spent to buy rooms goes to the island's government (according to what I've read about how it worked on Ice).

Don't quote me on this. heh

In summary: you can build as many government structures (two at a time) as is pirately possible while you are limited to only 2 (privately owned) shops per week.

/em hopes she didn't garble.

Posted by Rappak at Aug 11, 2005 12:00:22 AM
See, that's what I thought too, that we could. I guess that isn't the case?

Posted by Kaet at Aug 11, 2005 12:13:10 AM

Why do you think that isn't the case? You won't be able to place more sites on your island until at least one of the two structures currently being built is finished. /em is getting confused.

Posted by Rappak at Aug 11, 2005 12:35:00 AM

Why do you think that isn't the case? You won't be able to place more sites on your island until at least one of the two structures currently being built is finished. /em is getting confused.

I'm not sure since I got denied twice last night. I believe that I am right still but I would like to get confirmation on this.

Posted by tcarr at Aug 11, 2005 12:45:03 AM
there was a booch last night that was preventing anybody from planting more buildings fer a while. i don't know if it's fixed yet.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight

Posted by Kaet at Aug 11, 2005 12:45:58 AM

I'm not sure since I got denied twice last night. I believe that I am right still but I would like to get confirmation on this.

*giggles insanely* Okay, hang on. What are we talking about? Have we mixed up two different bits of information?

Let's try this again.
You can only have two construction sites at a time on an island. Kirin already has two construction sites, so you won't be able to place more at this time.

The two shop limit per week is in a completely different category from the two construction site limit.

I'm very sorry if I've only managed to be confusing instead of helpful.

Posted by Rappak at Aug 11, 2005 1:03:33 AM

*giggles insanely* Okay, hang on. What are we talking about? Have we mixed up two different bits of information?

Let's try this again.
You can only have two construction sites at a time on an island. Kirin already has two construction sites, so you won't be able to place more at this time.

The two shop limit per week is in a completely different category from the two construction site limit.

I'm very sorry if I've only managed to be confusing instead of helpful.

That's what I was told and that doesn't make me happy at all. Players get hurt in this senerio which I'm not happy with. I thought that an additional 2 sites could be placed. Now that business has been established again on the dev-controlled islands, Player islands lose out again as it is incredibly hard to pull people to shop or to open up stalls on them while trying to recoop costs.

Posted by BehindCurtai at Aug 11, 2005 1:42:28 AM
Re:

Peghead wrote:
Richocet wrote: 
will there be a new button on the Ye panel that says go to house? i think i'd be useful!

Not planned. A player can have more than one house, and right now your houses aren't even known on the server until you enter them. We could perhaps do something in the future (we had contemplated always starting you in your house when you logged on).

So have one house registered as your "home".

You can have any number of houses, anywhere on the system. Server doesn't need to know about them.

Just a single, privileged house that is your "wisk home" house.

Maybe require that it be on the island you are a citizen of?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

Posted by Shuranthae at Aug 15, 2005 9:07:29 AM
"Post Topic" is a required field.
Could we actually name our own houses instead of it saying "Soandso's House?" Also, can we lock rooms individually? So even if a person is inside a house (and even if they're a roommate), if someone is inside a room and it's locked they need to knock first?

Posted by zim_was_here at Aug 15, 2005 10:27:14 AM
Re:
In the current model of the colored wall lamp, does it only turn to the color that the lamp was purchased as or does it turn to many colors.

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz

Posted by Crooktooth at Aug 15, 2005 11:21:50 AM
Shoppers beware! You cannot place a bunk on a sloop! The cealing is not high enough to allow fer it.

Any body interested in a bunk with green blanket? One owner, never slept in.
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."

Posted by Parthanos at Aug 15, 2005 11:22:37 AM
Speaking of housing, etc., will there be a point where one can alter the external structures of a building? Ie: designs, paint, lights, etc.
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"

Posted by Parthanos at Aug 15, 2005 7:47:53 PM
I'd like for ships in the bottle to somehow have a 'replica' option, in that you can 'place' a deed on the order table, and the ship within the bottle will then be the ship deed you place while ordering. Basically, the ability to have a minature version of your favorite ships (and herpahs when people look (click) at the bottle, it goes to a shot of the ship itself.
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"

Posted by fanta at Aug 15, 2005 8:13:00 PM

In the current model of the colored wall lamp, does it only turn to the color that the lamp was purchased as or does it turn to many colors.

The color you bought.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates