mvnForum Homepage

Print at Mar 7, 2021 3:12:17 AM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Rappak at Aug 9, 2005 9:12:55 PM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
btw, could the tools be updated two with the new stuff? Island planning is hard work.

Also, could the furni bazaar info be released too?
----------------------------------------
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?

Posted by psychox at Aug 9, 2005 10:30:39 PM
Grrrrr too long to read it all but got two questions :

Is crew houses as mentioned before planned? Like being able to have over 20-30 mates in...

and

Does a whole house have one hold capacity , or how does it go?
For example ,if i in my room get a hold , and it has a 40k volume , on the other room , if there is another hold , will it be the same , holding the same stuff or a whole new hold with another 40k volume?
Just example hehe
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

Posted by tcarr at Aug 9, 2005 10:35:10 PM
psychox wrote: 
Grrrrr too long to read it all but got two questions :

Is crew houses as mentioned before planned? Like being able to have over 20-30 mates in...

and

Does a whole house have one hold capacity , or how does it go?
For example ,if i in my room get a hold , and it has a 40k volume , on the other room , if there is another hold , will it be the same , holding the same stuff or a whole new hold with another 40k volume?
Just example hehe

crew houses are not being planned (at this time) but ye can set it so that if ye are owner or roommate and are in the house any of yer crew can enter without knocking.

housing has no holds at all. no cargo storage area, not even paint. (have to buy paint from an apoth on the same island, premade at dockside prices.)
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight

Posted by rixation at Aug 9, 2005 10:38:37 PM
tcarr wrote: 
housing has no holds at all. no cargo storage area, not even paint. (have to buy paint from an apoth on the same island, premade at dockside prices.)

You can buy chests, however. Those only held poe last time I checked, but Peghead...or was it Cleaver....said they would hold additional items in the future.

Edit: Correction, Peghead said those items "will come later", but didn't specify whether it will be the Chest or a new peice of furniture.
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by fanta at Aug 9, 2005 10:39:36 PM
No crew housing as in a house crewmember can always enter. You can have a couple of roommates, how many depends on the type of rooms, and you can set it so any crewmate can walk in when you are in the rooms.

and

Houses have no hold whatsoever. So no matter how many rooms, there's still no hold.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by fanta at Aug 9, 2005 10:43:09 PM
rixation wrote: 
tcarr wrote: 

You can buy chests, however. Those only held poe last time I checked, but Peghead...or was it Cleaver....said they would hold additional items in the future.

But that was in response to can we store whiskpotions and such, that's totally different from a hold. I'd love to see some capacity to store commods, and it'd be cool to tie that into the stuff you can put in your rooms, like if you have hemp in your room you can store some hemp, and so on. But that's just something i'd like, not something we are getting.
Pleun,

Posted by Varthlokkur at Aug 9, 2005 10:43:44 PM
Is it too late to request that Dev-owned islands have the same building limitations as the non Dev-owned ones? i.e. that the furniture bazaar and housing get planted as construction sites, requiring commodities and labour, and not get magicked in as brand new buildings?
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean

Posted by McStew721 at Aug 9, 2005 10:46:53 PM
Joneth wrote: 
Piratepeace1 wrote: 
Wahat time will they be released today?

When they're ready.
Unless you're a governer there won't be anything you can do immediately after the release anyway. You'll have to waiting until the housing and furnishers are built first.

You honestly think that the ringers haven't packed this release with random crap that the common pirate can enjoy? :D
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem

Posted by pcbunny at Aug 10, 2005 12:01:03 AM
Re: roomates and alts
Hi I've tried reading through all the 33 pages of info here, and at the Yppedia, but there's one area I would like clarification on. Say I buy a house and make a fellow member of my crew a roommate can they:
a) make someone else a roommate or does it have to be the person who bought the property, if so could this be a workround for alts?
b) once you've made someone a roommate is there any way to then remove them if for example they leave the game?
thanks any advice from those on ice (or those in the know;), would be appreciated. I apologise if this has been answered before,
pcbunny

Posted by crazyluigi at Aug 10, 2005 12:05:44 AM

Say I buy a house and make a fellow member of my crew a roommate can they:
a) make someone else a roommate or does it have to be the person who bought the property, if so could this be a workround for alts?

It is just like managers in a shoppe or stall, only the owner can add or remove roomates.

b) once you've made someone a roommate is there any way to then remove them if for example they leave the game?

See above answer.
Crazyluigi

Officer and Navigator of the Cartographers

Posted by btubbs at Aug 10, 2005 12:07:29 AM
pcbunny wrote: 
Hi I've tried reading through all the 33 pages of info here, and at the Yppedia, but there's one area I would like clarification on. Say I buy a house and make a fellow member of my crew a roommate can they:
thanks any advice from those on ice (or those in the know;), would be appreciated. I apologise if this has been answered before,
pcbunny

Looks to work like shop managers, in which case a) no and b) yes

Posted by Joneth at Aug 10, 2005 12:07:35 AM
pcbunny wrote: 
pcbunny

I can't answer your first question, but I can answer this:
There is a panel for managing roommates. On it is a box for entering names and a list of current roommates. Each name has a delete button next to it.

Posted by Richocet at Aug 10, 2005 12:30:56 AM
Peghead wrote: 
Richocet wrote: 
will there be a new button on the Ye panel that says go to house? i think i'd be useful!

Not planned. A player can have more than one house, and right now your houses aren't even known on the server until you enter them. We could perhaps do something in the future (we had contemplated always starting you in your house when you logged on).

that'd work too........CANT waIT FOR HOUSES TODAY!!!!
KERT of Viridian
Searching

Posted by Markoman at Aug 10, 2005 12:43:51 AM
NinjaGuy wrote: 
Markoman wrote: 
Plain and simple question: Does the palace get any portion of the home opening fee?

I asked Poseidon about a week ago and he checked on Ice, it doesn't.

Ouch. With such high costs, and noe financial incentive, this might not be the best idea.
Markozeta

Posted by Revegeblade at Aug 10, 2005 12:47:33 AM
[quote][quote][quote]will there be a new button on the Ye panel that says go to house? i think i'd be useful![/quote]

[quote] (we had contemplated always starting you in your house when you logged on).[/quote]

sounds like GTA-SA to me lol

what time is the update !
[/quote]

Posted by fanta at Aug 10, 2005 12:51:41 AM
Everyone get's a free room in the shack right? So that includes trial players? /me is preparing to aswer greenie questions
Pleun,

Posted by masterchief1 at Aug 10, 2005 1:07:35 AM
rooms
i think rooming should be available to the subscriber oceans and the viridian ocean when all the bugs are worked out but in the subscriber oceans only subcribers can get rooms and onlyn dublooners that have bought 20 or 24 dubloons can get rooms :)

Posted by psychox at Aug 10, 2005 1:16:01 AM
Aye but that was just an example
Same question would go for the clothes' racks , does each rack has its clothes? Or all racks the same clothes of the whole house and so on?
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

Posted by rixation at Aug 10, 2005 1:20:50 AM
psychox wrote: 
Aye but that was just an example
Same question would go for the clothes' racks , does each rack has its clothes? Or all racks the same clothes of the whole house and so on?

Each rack contains whatever clothes you put on that particular rack. You buy racks separately, and each one keeps its contents separate.
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by DubRub at Aug 10, 2005 1:29:01 AM
Re: rooms
masterchief1 wrote: 
dublooners that have bought 20 or 24 dubloons can get rooms :)

I'm asking this out of curiosity. Why do you suggest that only players (in Viridian) whom have purchased 20 or 24 doubloons be allowed to own rooms/houses? How did you settle on the figure of 20/24 doubloons?
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door

Posted by VPeric at Aug 10, 2005 1:36:27 AM
Isn't that how much you get for 10$, the equivalent of the subscription for a month? At least that's the number that's being used for Ice now. However, I do not think that is a fair thing to do. :)
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.

Posted by Fathom at Aug 10, 2005 1:38:04 AM
Quick one...

When the amount of roommates is mentioned, as in 4 for a villa, is that number including the owner as well, for a total of 5 residents? Or, should it be assumed that 4 total people may reside in the place?

Posted by lorkiria at Aug 10, 2005 1:55:24 AM
Fathom wrote: 
Quick one...

When the amount of roommates is mentioned, as in 4 for a villa, is that number including the owner as well, for a total of 5 residents? Or, should it be assumed that 4 total people may reside in the place?

Roommate number is the number of roommates, not counting the owner.
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller

Posted by char at Aug 10, 2005 2:25:31 AM
Would it be possible to get the recipe for the Furnisher Bazaar?
Zife
Senior Officer of Black Death
Host of the 11th Black Death Tournament
Co-Host of the 10th Black Death Tournament

Posted by montell at Aug 10, 2005 3:33:48 AM
Since medium islands are so restricted, will it be possible to remove bazaars that were needed to place shops and retain the shops?
Bibity

Posted by Varthlokkur at Aug 10, 2005 3:39:50 AM
montell wrote: 
Since medium islands are so restricted, will it be possible to remove bazaars that were needed to place shops and retain the shops?

I certainly hope not.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean

Posted by Rappak at Aug 10, 2005 3:50:03 AM
Probably not Bibity. it wouldn't be fair to those who opened up a stall in them.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?

Posted by skington at Aug 10, 2005 3:58:35 AM
You get an extra building on medium islands now, though. And you could always remove that unnecessary second shipyard on Olive ;-).
Leaddolphin, Captain of Serve No Porpoise, Valiant Prince on Cobalt. I want your Plaices!
The Vampire Muroni wrote: 
the hubby teases me when he catches me reading the back of shampoo bottles or the Thesaurus.

Posted by black_beard7 at Aug 10, 2005 4:12:42 AM
cant wait to housing! w00t i feel sorry for nemesis ive been annoying her all day knowing when the patch will be out im sure alot of othe rppl have as well.. anyway when the patch is relased will the houses be ready made on the Om's islands such as DN are will we have to wait?
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.

Posted by Piratepeace1 at Aug 10, 2005 4:14:27 AM
fanta wrote: 
Everyone get's a free room in the shack right? So that includes trial players? /me is preparing to aswer greenie questions

aye prepare for the onslaught of greenie questions
Piratepeace-"leader of the rebellion!"

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates