mvnForum Homepage

Print at Mar 7, 2021 4:06:13 AM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Piratepeace1 at Aug 5, 2005 3:25:50 PM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
fanta wrote: 
I think what people are looking for is crew housing, aka hideouts. Where all the crew can enter anytime, without the owner or a roommate having to be home.

My crew have already made arrangements for that sort of thing, were saving our money then when the houses are released next week well all get our free room/house an then buy a mansion or something for the crew
----------------------------------------
Piratepeace-"leader of the rebellion!"

Posted by fanta at Aug 5, 2005 7:34:04 PM
In the Announcement Forum Cleaver wrote: 
[size=18]Housing to Ship next Weds 10th August!

We are in the final stages of finishing off Housing's initial release, and hope to have it out on the production oceans next Weds the 10th of August. Be the first to buy an Estate! Okay, maybe a Villa. At the very least, everyone can Shack up!

Until then you can continue to test on Ice and hyperventilate away!

cheers mates!

- Cleaver

Does that mean decay in storage furniture is working as it should? Were clothes supposed to decay at the same rate as in your booty? Or did that get fixed? Apart from having that question, i can't wait till wednesday.

Changelog
2005-08-06
--Added /party command, which allows you to buy an advertisement on the island's notice board for parties at your building.

Anyone know how much that costs?
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by Barrister at Aug 5, 2005 7:40:51 PM
fanta wrote: 

Changelog
2005-08-06
--Added /party command, which allows you to buy an advertisement on the island's notice board for parties at your building.

Anyone know how much that costs?

It's 100 PoE right now, but will be more when released.
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/wiki//party
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati

Posted by Rmarsbar at Aug 5, 2005 8:17:57 PM
Welllingtion wrote: 
Anyone know if the sword racks on the brigs usable?

Try selecting the rack and replacing it when the release goes out. I'm pretty certain that ready props can't just be used straight off...
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by fanta at Aug 5, 2005 8:23:08 PM
But if it's a prop, doesn't it just remain a prop and thus unusable? /me just counts on having to buy racks and wardrobes for the ships, then it can only be possitive if exsisting racks can be used after all.
Pleun,

Posted by Zyborg22 at Aug 6, 2005 12:36:39 AM
I have a couple of questions before housing is officially released:

1. You know that message that appears when you're ordering certain items that have a function? How come the chests don't have that message?

2. I did a search that turned up nothing in this topic, but I'm still not sure if this has been mentioned before. Will the cashboxes ever hold PoE, or is that function reserved for the chests?
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide

Posted by rixation at Aug 6, 2005 1:08:13 AM
Zyborg22 wrote: 
I have a couple of questions before housing is officially released:

1. You know that message that appears when you're ordering certain items that have a function? How come the chests don't have that message?

Chests are functional now? Since when? Last time I checked they didn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by Piplicus_BNO at Aug 6, 2005 1:31:10 AM
It's new as of today,

If you don't have access to the Ice Ocean, you can check what is new, by going to http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/docs/changelog.html

[size=7]EDIT: I made a critical error. m.does_not_compute

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.

Posted by nickster_v at Aug 6, 2005 1:42:13 AM
You probably mean
http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/docs/changelog.html
Nickster, Viridian
SO, The British Eagles | YPPedia admin

Posted by Piplicus_BNO at Aug 6, 2005 2:34:01 AM
Yes. My booch, apologies.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.

Posted by Kaet at Aug 6, 2005 3:34:37 AM
jmucchiello wrote: 
Can the owner's crew (assuming crew is checked) enter when a roommate (not in that crew) is there? Or only the roommate's crew? (And vice versa for the owner being there....)

I just checked this and the owner's crew can't enter if the owner isn't there and the non-crewmate roommate is home (and vice versa).

So the entrance configuration only applies to the owner/roommates who are in the room at the time of the attempted entry.

Posted by Piratepeace1 at Aug 6, 2005 3:40:39 AM
aye its handy if ye want a place for yer crew/flag to hold meetins and so forth but not great if u dont want peeps pryin round ur personal space

EDIT:spelt space wrong How did i mannage that??!!??
Piratepeace-"leader of the rebellion!"

Posted by fanta at Aug 6, 2005 3:49:56 AM
Piratepeace1 wrote: 
aye its handy if ye want a place for yer crew/flag to hold meetins and so forth but not great if u dont want peeps pryin round ur personal space

EDIT:spelt space wrong How did i mannage that??!!??

So? Then don't let anyone in.
Pleun,

Posted by RaelShark at Aug 6, 2005 4:38:35 AM
Kaet wrote: 
I just checked this and the owner's crew can't enter if the owner isn't there and the non-crewmate roommate is home (and vice versa).

So the entrance configuration only applies to the owner/roommates who are in the room at the time of the attempted entry.

That actually seems buggy. Anyone on the checklist should be able to enter regardless of which roommate is home.

Actually the way it should probably work is to just not include the roommate's mates. Having a roommate shouldn't require you to allow in all their hearties, crewmates and flagmates just because you want to allow your own. But even then yours should be able to enter if your roommate is home.
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders

Posted by fanta at Aug 6, 2005 5:51:32 AM
Okay, i was wondering something. If you mute someone, can they still come knocking on your door? /me hopes not
Pleun,

Posted by Thunderbird at Aug 6, 2005 6:31:30 AM
The mute list is stored client-side, so they would still be able to knock, but I'm not sure if you'd hear it. Anyone wanna test that?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"

Posted by McStew721 at Aug 6, 2005 6:32:20 AM
fanta wrote: 
Okay, i was wondering something. If you mute someone, can they still come knocking on your door? /me hopes not

And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door, ~P
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem

Posted by elsquido at Aug 6, 2005 6:32:21 PM
alts as roommates?
It seems that you can only make a roommate of a pirate that's currently online -- but the benefits of having my alts share a room seem obvious (easy swap of poe via chests, clothes via wardrobes, swords via rack, and sharing the aesthetic beauty I invest in post pillages). Anyone figure out a workaround (for the 1-roommate-only shack)?
Squido!
Rotating avatars by Arshiss, Dian, Empanado, KingPriam, Raquaetta, SCURVYSOO, Shortyjack, Squido.

Posted by Squashbuckle at Aug 7, 2005 1:49:36 AM
elsquido wrote: 
Anyone figure out a workaround (for the 1-roommate-only shack)?

If you trust your crew - buy a ship and put furniture on the ship.

If you don't trust your crew, find a new crew.

I always do my poe trades by dropping my alt poe into the hold of a locked ship of mine. Sword and clothes trades I currently use a mate for, but I suspect a wardrobe and rack on one of my ships will do.

Does anyone know if storage furniture on ships will be accessibly by anyone in the crew, any officers, any FOs and above, or no one but the deedholder? I would assume a wardrobe on a ship will work like the hold - only FOs and above can access it if the ship is unlocked, only deedholder if locked - but can someone confirm? (I have no ship and no poe on ice with which to test this.)
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

Posted by Piplicus_BNO at Aug 7, 2005 2:06:42 AM
RaelShark wrote: 
Kaet wrote: 

That actually seems buggy. Anyone on the checklist should be able to enter regardless of which roommate is home.

Actually the way it should probably work is to just not include the roommate's mates. Having a roommate shouldn't require you to allow in all their hearties, crewmates and flagmates just because you want to allow your own. But even then yours should be able to enter if your roommate is home.

Having thought about this one, I think it's by design. It's to stop a whole flag just using one house, to use communally.

Like a bad penny.

Posted by Lyndzy at Aug 7, 2005 6:12:03 AM
Housing
I <3 the housing!!!!! Its awesome! I hope that you can make all of the oceans like Ice Ocean!!!!
Jaggard

Posted by Rmarsbar at Aug 7, 2005 6:52:40 AM
Re: Housing
Lyndzy wrote: 
I hope that you can make all of the oceans like Ice Ocean!!!!

That's sort of the point....

Why bother?
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by stripey2004 at Aug 7, 2005 9:41:33 AM
sunnylc2 wrote: 

Oh, and have I mentioned co-habitation / joint ownership? (Hush Fin!)

What did I do? Leave me out of this. Unless you are offering to share a house of course...
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino

Posted by Piplicus_BNO at Aug 7, 2005 10:10:34 AM
Featherfin, you have been evicted. Please leave Sunny's house.

Like a bad penny.

Posted by stripey2004 at Aug 7, 2005 12:13:07 PM
Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
Featherfin, you have been evicted. Please leave Sunny's house.

Only 30 seconds to say goodbye. *sobs*
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino

Posted by Thunderbird at Aug 7, 2005 12:15:58 PM
elsquido wrote: 
It seems that you can only make a roommate of a pirate that's currently online -- but the benefits of having my alts share a room seem obvious (easy swap of poe via chests, clothes via wardrobes, swords via rack, and sharing the aesthetic beauty I invest in post pillages). Anyone figure out a workaround (for the 1-roommate-only shack)?

Roommates are the house managers in the workings of the system (if you look at the log after adding a roommate, it will say that person has been added as a manager). Managers have always required the pirate in question to be online, so I don't think it's going to change.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"

Posted by Synful at Aug 7, 2005 3:22:04 PM
Each one gets a free shack room, so ye buy two chests, one for each room.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Rabies76 at Aug 7, 2005 8:51:01 PM
houses
yay every womens dream come true!

~now they have less to complain about.
Posted by Jhoira on Emerald Ocean.

Posted by kgarrett1969 at Aug 8, 2005 2:45:24 AM
I went over every page of this thread and several of the links it contains. I have a question that I could not find answered anywhere although I have seen some discussion on.

Will Outpost Islands be allowed to have Housing in addition to the Fort and a Shipyard? At least on Viridian colonized Outpost has a Shipyard. I'm not really interested in speculation but if anyone knows for sure which way it is to go please post it.
Hawkings
Fleet Officer of Silver Dragons
Citizen of Meridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"

Posted by Peghead at Aug 8, 2005 2:49:11 AM
kgarrett1969 wrote: 

Will Outpost Islands be allowed to have Housing in addition to the Fort and a Shipyard?

Outposts will not be able to build housing.

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates