mvnForum Homepage

Print at Mar 7, 2021 4:51:24 AM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Talisker at Aug 4, 2005 2:15:50 AM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
If I opt to have roommates, there should be an option to quickly and easily put a tie on the doorknob. You know, just in case...
----------------------------------------
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy

Posted by lokonzo at Aug 4, 2005 3:40:21 AM
Houses that you are allowed to enter without knocking should be distinguished somehow from all the other houses.
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.

Posted by chemicalgirl at Aug 4, 2005 4:02:37 AM
The upstairs room that looks like2 totally different rooms is kinda yucky, since Villa's aren't exactly cheap. Could they maybe have walls that match, and one style of rug, please?

Silkprincess
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari

Posted by Crotty at Aug 4, 2005 4:04:09 AM
A good interior designer will make it look much better.

Posted by rixation at Aug 4, 2005 4:06:31 AM
Faulkston wrote: 
Make it a toggleable setting.

Faulkston,
it's my house and I should decide how open it is

Whole-heartedly agree. Crew Hideouts for crew/flag use...Houses for my own personal use. If I want my crew or flag in my house, I'll /invite them.

Now, how about instead of a toggle or allow list and all that fancy stuff, why not just make a separate option for "/finvite flagname" or "/cinvite crewname" which allows all pirates in that flag/crew access?
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by Faulkston at Aug 4, 2005 4:09:51 AM
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=22002

Faulkston,
linky

Posted by Callistan at Aug 4, 2005 4:11:20 AM
Trevorius wrote: 
Also, Developers... please please please please set something up so crewmates/flagmates/etc. can come and go without one of the roommates home? Pwease?

I would love this as well, and am struck by how similar the request is to "crew ships" and "flag ships" (not to be confused with a specific "Flag ship"). It seems that if they work out one, they'll have worked out the other.

The check boxes to allow entry when yer at home. Perhaps it's as simple as two entry policies: one for "at any time", and one for "while yer at home", which can override it.

I haven't checked, but is there a sort of announcement when someone enters the home? I mean, if yer spending 600K, you probably have enough for a butler to announce such things. Might get annoying in shacks though, so yet another checkbox in the "Entry Policy" for "Announce entries" would be good.

/me still hopes for a closet/cellar/attic/hold of some sort.
kah-LISS-tin, once and future pirate, maintainer of YPP Maps
If you can manage to pin the beast down, we'll pop him into the code. - Nemo

Posted by chemicalgirl at Aug 4, 2005 4:13:50 AM
Callistan wrote: 
I haven't checked, but is there a sort of announcement when someone enters the home? I mean, if yer spending 600K, you probably have enough for a butler to announce such things. Might get annoying in shacks though, so yet another checkbox in the "Entry Policy" for "Announce entries" would be good.

/me still hopes for a closet/cellar/attic/hold of some sort.

No, there's no announcement. There's not even a noise when they knock, or when you're invited to enter someone's rooms. And no announcement when someone leaves your rooms, either.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari

Posted by Rappak at Aug 4, 2005 4:54:16 AM
I would like a whistle for invites and for knocks. Sometimes I miss them when I am doing other things and then they never get answered. That and playing on two clients creates missed things.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?

Posted by psychox at Aug 4, 2005 4:59:17 AM
Hmmm
Not sure if this is around all those tons of pages but must ask...

I aint getting this right...
Does any island has to build a specific building for shacks , specific one for homes , specific one for bungalows and so on?
And since im a poor outposts' guy , what about outposts , houses available there? Lol
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

Posted by rixation at Aug 4, 2005 5:01:51 AM
psychox wrote: 
Hmmm
Not sure if this is around all those tons of pages but must ask...

I aint getting this right...
Does any island has to build a specific building for shacks , specific one for homes , specific one for bungalows and so on?
And since im a poor outposts' guy , what about outposts , houses available there? Lol

Yes, each type of house has a unique building. The governor will have to place at least 1 new building for each type of housing...if they want to...since the flag will have to fund it and won't get anything in return except more population on that island.

I'm pretty sure outpost islands will still have to abide by the same total-building limitation.
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by Eyes at Aug 4, 2005 5:05:01 AM
I've asked this before, but it got buried in the depths of this thread. I'd like to know if this is the only type of housing planned. (aka the bazaar type). Or if there will be 'stand alone' houses added in the future. Sort of like bazaars vs shops.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a house if there are other options on the horizon.

Posted by McStew721 at Aug 4, 2005 5:08:34 AM
Eyes wrote: 
I've asked this before, but it got buried in the depths of this thread. I'd like to know if this is the only type of housing planned. (aka the bazaar type). Or if there will be 'stand alone' houses added in the future. Sort of like bazaars vs shops.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a house if there are other options on the horizon.

There's always the crew hideout that Nemo has been thinking about

But you bring up a good point, If 640k Estate Rooms won't be the best house in the future, why both getting them?
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem

Posted by psychox at Aug 4, 2005 5:08:43 AM
Thank ye

And...
rixation wrote: 
I'm pretty sure outpost islands will still have to abide by the same total-building limitation.

I heard some say you can build in outposts tho lol , but oh well = D

Eyes wrote: 
I'd like to know if this is the only type of housing planned. (aka the bazaar type). Or if there will be 'stand alone' houses added in the future. Sort of like bazaars vs shops.

Yea , i'd love that
Rivered says, "I love seeing the governor at the table makes me feel much better about my tax money..."
Hohumdiddly lovely said:

Shrike, stop talking please and do your homework before you speak.

Posted by Faulkston at Aug 4, 2005 5:15:09 AM
Well maybe outposts can have tent cities or something.

Blackguard wrote: 
Faulkston wrote: 

Cozy love shack.

Faulkston,
obligatory B-52s reference

Hop in my Cutter
It's as big as a whale
And it's about to set sail!

It seats about 12, correct?

Faulkston,
not serious

Posted by Lovley123 at Aug 4, 2005 6:28:21 AM
fafdsfrfsf wrote: 
since ye can buy a parlor table, drinking table, brawl table, and tourny board, why not get rid of them in the inn? Otherwise there is no point in buying them

Why not get rid of inns all together? On the other hand ppl sell stuff there and get loads of money, make friends. Inns at Lima and DN on Viridian are swamped with ppl ready to hear what you want to say. I hear that ppl can't just walk into any house and start crashing the place. You have to be a roomie there. It's what I hear, and I wish I could go to Ice.

Coachcutie says, "I always wanted to do this."
Coachcutie whacks Mistix with her purse.
Mistix shouts, "O_O"
Coachcutie shouts, "Are you mad at me?!"
Mistix smacks coach with her pickle jar. "No

Posted by Faulkston at Aug 4, 2005 6:31:46 AM
Parthanos might not like it if Inns are disposed of. Cnossos on the other hand will be much improved.

Faulkston,
seriously

Posted by Melanie155 at Aug 4, 2005 7:34:24 AM
What can I do in my room???This feature,will be in Viridian???
-Melu,officer of Conspiracy

Posted by Faulkston at Aug 4, 2005 7:36:42 AM
Fiddler, a couple of pages back, wrote: 
From the housing thread

[size=18]Semi-Official page 28 FAQ
In order to stop the unnecassary inflation of this thread, here is the semi-official FAQ, updated as necessary and posted every [size=7]couple of pages frickin' page. Please search through this thread before making requests. Also, check out the Ice documentation and the Wiki for further information on housing and furniture.

How many kinds of houses are there?
Ten

Will houses be available on Viridian/Cobalt/Midnight?
Yes. Ice is a testing ocean, where bugs in code can be worked out before they move to the main oceans. Anything you see on Ice will eventually make it to all the other oceans.

When will it be available on Viridian/Cobalt/Midnight?
When it's finished. This is a big change and it takes a lot of testing. Eventually it'll be released. We may know in advance, we may not. Be patient.

How do I get on Ice? It doesn't show up on the list of oceans!
Ice requires a seperate client because it is running a different version of the game code than the other oceans. This post from Cleaver details how to download and install the Ice client. Despite what it says, Ice is limited to current subscibers and anyone who has purchased doubloons from the Ringers in the past. Doublooner access was granted in the last couple weeks.

How much will a shack/house/estate/any kind of house cost?
There will be an initial "purchase" cost for every type of housing. The list of known and projected costs can be found here: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=390879#390879
Unlike businesses, there is no weekly rent for housing. If you sell your rooms back, you will receive half of the purchase price back.

Can I get a pig/turtle or one of those nifty little Egyptian things/treasures?
Right now special props such as pigs, turtles, and the treasures you can see inside of palaces are only available as prizes from OM tourneys.

Can I see what the inside of a house looks like before I buy it?
Not inside the game, no. However, there are many many people who have posted interior pictures of the various housing types. Look at this thread, this thread, and in this thread.

Can the chests be made to hold PoE/commodities?
It has been speculated & proposed many times that the chest items allow your home to hold PoE and/or commodities, like the hold of a ship. It seems likely, but there doesn't appear to be any Ringer confirmation yet.

Does the sword rack/mug shelf/wardrobe stop decay of those items?
Yes, though apparently the act of placing an item in and out of storage will cause it to decay a little. Cleaver confirmed it all in this post.

If I place a sword rack/mug shelf/wardrobe on a ship, who can access it?
Currently, any officer in your crew can access storage you place on your ship. Only by locking your ship can you prevent access to your storage.
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=389900#389900

If I place a sword/mug/article of clothing on/in a sword rack/mug shelf/wardrobe, can I move or remove that storage unit with the items still inside?
Yes, you can both move and remove that storage unit. If you only move it, the items stored within will stay inside. Same if you remove it from the scene and then re-place it. If you remove it and then close the scene without placing it back in, both the storage unit and the items inside will be deposited in your Booty panel.

How do I paint my house?
As houses currently have no hold, the only available way to paint your rooms are through the automatic purchase of paint via the paintbrush. This means that you will be at the mercy of dockside pricing on the island your home sits on. On Medium and Outpost islands without an apothecary, paint will only be available if it is being sold from the palace or fort.

Can you tell me what is required to make lacquer/varnish/a table/a sword rack/etc...?
Read the Wiki.

Will I be able to set a list of friends who can come in and out of my house any time without invitations?
Yes. As of 3 August, you can set a list of roommates who have full access to your rooms, even when you're not logged on or located in the rooms. These roommates have full access, including the ability to move or remove furniture and to take and add from storage. In addition, you can check off various groups who can enter your rooms without invitation while you are standing in them: hearties, flag members, crew members, or everyone.

Will island-owning flags have to construct the various housing types themselves?
Yes.

Is there any benefit to constructing housing for an island-owning flag?
A shack will apparently be necessary to have greenies start on an island. Beyond that, no financial incentives have been announced or discovered.

Edit: Still more questions answered. Maybe we should make the search button blink. Or a popup. Or something.

Faulkston,
hopefully helping by quoting Fiddler's FAQ in toto

Posted by lokonzo at Aug 4, 2005 7:38:37 AM
Edit: Sniped By Faulkston!
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.

Posted by Thunderbird at Aug 4, 2005 3:35:00 PM
An interesting question: With roommates added, do the options for entry refer to hearties/crewmates/flagmates of the room owner, or hearties/crewmates/flagmates of the owner and their roommates?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"

Posted by Rmarsbar at Aug 4, 2005 6:01:54 PM
Thunderbird wrote: 
An interesting question: With roommates added, do the options for entry refer to hearties/crewmates/flagmates of the room owner, or hearties/crewmates/flagmates of the owner and their roommates?

As shops go, a manager is an owner who can't decide new managers, so the no-knock probably refers to both owners and roomates' h/c/f.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by Kaet at Aug 4, 2005 9:20:38 PM
Rmarsbar wrote: 
Thunderbird wrote: 

As shops go, a manager is an owner who can't decide new managers, so the no-knock probably refers to both owners and roomates' h/c/f.

That's an interesting viewpoint. I always thought of managers as non-owners due to the fact they couldn't name new managers, which would mean the no-knock rules would only apply to the actual owner's h/c/f and not to any of the roommates' h/c/f.

Of course, shops may well have more than one agreed-upon owner, but only one person can hold the deed, making that person the "real" owner in the game's perspective.

Posted by fanta at Aug 4, 2005 9:23:52 PM
Let's just test it.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by Zarn at Aug 4, 2005 10:49:26 PM
I did test the entrance rules. So long as the owner of a room OR a roommate is inside the room, the configuration for those who can enter without knocking applies.
Zarn - Duckies (Midnight Ocean) - Founder of Sea Dragons and Sea of Fire (Cobalt Ocean)
Altiam - Sweet Pillage and Mayhem (Cobalt Ocean)

Posted by Kaet at Aug 4, 2005 11:06:34 PM
Zarn wrote: 
I did test the entrance rules. So long as the owner of a room OR a roommate is inside the room, the configuration for those who can enter without knocking applies.

So the roommate's h/c/f can enter even if they are different from the owner's h/c/f? Interesting.

*pause*
Yup, just tested it, meself. :D

Posted by tcarr at Aug 4, 2005 11:22:43 PM
That would make alliance meetings easier. Have one person from each flag be roommates (one temporary) then they set it to "flagmates can enter".
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight

Posted by jmucchiello at Aug 5, 2005 12:07:24 AM
Can the owner's crew (assuming crew is checked) enter when a roommate (not in that crew) is there? Or only the roommate's crew? (And vice versa for the owner being there....)
Colorbeard on all the Oceans
SO of Six Leagues Under (Midnight)
FO of SPAM (Cobalt)

Posted by Blackguard at Aug 5, 2005 12:34:15 AM
Faulkston wrote: 
Blackguard wrote: 
Faulkston wrote: 
Cozy love shack.

Faulkston,
obligatory B-52s reference

Hop in my Cutter
It's as big as a whale
And it's about to set sail!

It seats about 12, correct?

Hurry up, and bring your swordfight money!

Blackguard,
wonderin' how many pink-lit "Lub Shacks" there'll be in the game
Faire winds.

Posted by rixation at Aug 5, 2005 1:43:21 AM
Kaet wrote: 
Zarn wrote: 

So the roommate's h/c/f can enter even if they are different from the owner's h/c/f? Interesting.

*pause*
Yup, just tested it, meself. :D

Ack, I think I missed an update (can't get on the game, especially Ice, from work). So there's a list, like the mute list, where you can select specific people that can enter without knocking? Or is it just all your h/c/f? If it's the latter, I really really don't like that.

If anyone's on there and feels like taking a screenshot, that'd be appreciated. If not, guess I'll just wait until I get home tonight to mess with it.

Stealth Edit: EEEP! Post 666! Run away, Run away!!
Epimetheus
Retired

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates