mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 27, 2021 4:51:51 AM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Varthlokkur at Jul 24, 2005 11:41:29 PM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
Rmarsbar wrote: 
Dragonlilly wrote: 
I also wish that the necessity items in shoppes/stalls could be moveable. What is the reasoning to not allow for these items to be moved?

To make demand for furnishers.

No, that's why the non-clickables can be deleted, but not taken into inventory or moved within the frame.

Shipboard, keeping stations stationary is a big help in letting people find stations, which also applies somewhat to shops.

Some ability to re-arrange would be nice, but there is valid reasons to not want to move things too much.
----------------------------------------
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean

Posted by Dragonlilly at Jul 24, 2005 11:43:30 PM
Rmarsbar wrote: 
Dragonlilly wrote: 
I also wish that the necessity items in shoppes/stalls could be moveable. What is the reasoning to not allow for these items to be moved?

To make demand for furnishers.

That makes sense for the decorative props and I completely agree, make those things need to be replaced. I am wanting to be able to move my 'Manage Shop', which at this time aren't sold in furnishers.

EDIT: Yay for being sniped, not once, but twice! /me sighs :)
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!

Posted by Spiderprints at Jul 24, 2005 11:51:12 PM
Dragonlilly wrote: 
I am of the sentiment that all ships/stalls/shoppes should come bare, only having the necessity items (puzzle stations/desks/nav table etc.).

Maybe to prevent "accidental" deletion of these items? It seems like items only come in two categories:
1. Existing - can only be deleted
2. Purchasable - can be moved and deleted.
Perhaps it is too much work for the Devs to create a third catergory of movable only?

Can you imagine all the OM petitions if they were not restricted?
OM Petitiion. Help I deleted my order desk by mistake, now no one can order from my shop/stall and I will go out of business. Or I deleted the puzzle stations, now no one can work in my shop/stall and I will go out of business!!

Just a thought
Knarf
of Drunken Amore

Posted by Hempline at Jul 25, 2005 12:29:37 AM
I'm not sure if this has been brought up already... but is there a possibility to have an "open door" policy? If you'd like to show off your goods and let people play at the tables/boards you've placed in your room, is it possible to make it so you door is open to the public? Perhaps it should only work when you're on, but you don't have to hear people knocking all the time, or even when you're offline. Perhaps a "crew only" open door as well? or flag only?
Hempline
Forever a Nameless Corsair
Island Designer
Hermit

omg welcum bak hmeplien we mist u

-Eurydice

Posted by goodmanj at Jul 25, 2005 12:54:19 AM
One problem with having the furniture in prefurnished areas be movable is the possibility of "furniture farming". if the value of furniture in a certain kind of stall exceeded the cost to open the stall, one could create the stall, pilfer the furniture, close the stall, and sell for a profit.

This probably isn't too likely, but it would be a royal pain to check the market value of all the furniture in every kind of building and ship against the building or ship's value.... and since market values aren't set in stone, there's still no guarantee that farming might become profitable down the road. Easier and safer to just make things delete-only.
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt

Posted by CursedBurger at Jul 25, 2005 1:49:56 AM
Additionally, if the work desks and other shop-only furniture were movable, it would be easier for a shopkeeper or manager to unintentionally (or, in the case of a disgruntled manager, maliciously) make part of the workings inaccessible, and then we'd have the Tips and Tricks forum full of "y isn't my shop working :(:?"
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.

Posted by bigbeltbart at Jul 25, 2005 4:39:47 AM
Apologies in advance if this came up, but my searches yielded nothing.

Has anyone put a tournament board in their ship or room? Who sees the message when you create local tournaments from there? What about local parlor games?
Melanthe

Posted by zoip at Jul 25, 2005 5:25:34 AM
bigbeltbart wrote: 

Has anyone put a tournament board in their ship or room? Who sees the message when you create local tournaments from there? What about local parlor games?

* Yes (ship)
* As far as I can tell local tourneys started on ships are ship specific (could be wrong). It does exclude the inn on the island.
* Don't know. Haven't tried.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

Posted by Parthanos at Jul 25, 2005 9:27:55 AM
I agree that the basics should always be included in a ship/shoppe etc. (ie: ships would have a helm, and shoppes a place to order, and so on). I do still think though all the extras should go poof, it makes things a bit more open:) Also, as an aspect of shoppes/housing/stalls etc. I would like to see the ability to add rooms. I think a good place to start this would be a palace, but I'd love to see this feature for all structures down the road (and perhaps even external themes for shoppes, or at least variations). Speaking of external features, perhaps there could be an aspect of 'influence' ala extra weekly taxation (say 10%) to improve the shoppes immediate surrounding.
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"

Posted by Rmarsbar at Jul 25, 2005 6:15:57 PM
Housing can't be upgraded to add more rooms yet because they exist in different bazaars
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by Synful at Jul 25, 2005 6:23:16 PM
There's already going to be 8-10 different styles of housing made available. If you need an extra room, its time to move. Upgrading in housing will be purchasing up new.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Fabled240 at Jul 25, 2005 9:22:08 PM
Question?
Can you ever sell your House for some Money to help ye Buy a New Bigger house. Or do u jsut trash it for nothing and go buy a Much Bigger House? Because you should be able to sell the house for a Certain amount. But by what Ive heard the Housing Concept is very Well Done (So Far)
King of VVV on the Hunter Ocean.
Hypnos tells you, "It's Hunter of Hunter! Yay! :D"
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
YOUR FACE IS A BUTT

Lotsofgoats tells you, "I don't really think your face is a butt <3"

Posted by rixation at Jul 25, 2005 9:24:00 PM
This brings up a good point. Right now, there is only 1 option on the mini-map menu for Housing. How are we suppose to tell which housing bazaar is which type/size without going to each one (unless you can really distinguish what they look like on the map overview). This will be an issue on Midnight, especially when each large island has, for example, 5-6 housing bazaars.

So, say I'm being specific in what I want, and I want to find an island with a "Villa" (using Nemo's latest naming structure)...I'd have to hop to each island in the arch, and visit each Housing option until I find one. Anyone else find it just a tad inconvenient? Solution? 1 hyphenated word: sub-menus. From that mini-map menu, click on Housing, then a sub-menu pops up to the left of that and you select the size, then all of the housing bazaars of that size on that island are shown like normal.

I'd also like to throw out my support for someone's previous suggestion that the "Go to home" button should take you to your primary house, or a house you select, instead of the docks of your home island. Maybe even have a separate button for each new house you buy?
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by Fiddler at Jul 25, 2005 9:28:38 PM
Synful wrote: 
Upgrading in housing will be purchasing up new.

True, but apparently it's possible to sell a home you've purchased (not your free starter shack) back to the game and receive a chunk of that money back. I suppose you could consider the lost PoE as the upgrade fee.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

Posted by chemicalgirl at Jul 25, 2005 10:44:47 PM
As it stands, there's no way to know who's paint you're buying when you paint your shack. (I assume the other forms of housing are the same.)

There are some people I simply won't buy from, no matter what their price. There are also times when I will pay more simply to buy from friends. For this reason, I'd like to know who's business I'm supporting.

And a question... If you return your shack, do you not ever get another free one? Someone on Ice told me their friend's cousin's friend had a brother who's uncle told him that....
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari

Posted by Spiderprints at Jul 25, 2005 10:54:43 PM
chemicalgirl wrote: 

And a question... If you return your shack, do you not ever get another free one? Someone on Ice told me their friend's cousin's friend had a brother who's uncle told him that....

Cleaver wrote: 
Everyone gets one free shack. You can get rid of it and get a new one.

I take this to mean yes you can get another free one.
Knarf
of Drunken Amore

Posted by Fiddler at Jul 25, 2005 11:02:54 PM
[quote][quote]Everyone gets one free shack. You can get rid of it and get a new one.[/quote]

I take this to mean yes you can get another free one.[/quote]
And yet:
[quote:4dd05d269d="the Ice documentation on housing"]Beware! If you give back the room you took for free, you won't get any money for it, and you'll have to pay to get another room.[/quote]
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

Posted by Spiderprints at Jul 25, 2005 11:06:26 PM
I guess the answer then is no, you don't get another room for free.
Knarf
of Drunken Amore

Posted by crazyluigi at Jul 26, 2005 12:10:59 AM
If you cancel your first shack, then you have to pay 1250 poe to remake it. I know first hand cause I made the mistake of cancelling my first shack.
Crazyluigi

Officer and Navigator of the Cartographers

Posted by Dragonlilly at Jul 26, 2005 12:28:42 AM
bigbeltbart wrote: 

My little room has a fully operational parlor table and tournament board. I'll never need to enter another Inn again! Bwahahaha!
Shanty Raid-io!

Posted by jmucchiello at Jul 26, 2005 12:51:39 AM
rixation wrote: 
This brings up a good point. Right now, there is only 1 option on the mini-map menu for Housing. How are we suppose to tell which housing bazaar is which type/size without going to each one (unless you can really distinguish what they look like on the map overview). This will be an issue on Midnight, especially when each large island has, for example, 5-6 housing bazaars.
Color of the round box? Currently bazaars are off-brown and shops are off-white. Maybe the shade of the box can describe the size of the bazaar.

So, say I'm being specific in what I want, and I want to find an island with a "Villa" (using Nemo's latest naming structure)...I'd have to hop to each island in the arch, and visit each Housing option until I find one. Anyone else find it just a tad inconvenient? Solution?

Or even easier, go to tips and tricks and find a post containing all the housing types by island that I'm sure will be posted within minutes of the buildings being built on the non-test islands.

Your solution requires a lot of programming for very little benefit.

I'd also like to throw out my support for someone's previous suggestion that the "Go to home" button should take you to your primary house, or a house you select, instead of the docks of your home island. Maybe even have a separate button for each new house you buy?

Again, this requires mondo programming for the benefit of the few people with multiple houses. The GUI has one button for go to home island. How does that button accomodate people with a dozen houses? Perhaps, they could put an option into the game to choose where that button goes (docks or house on home island) but to be able to choose among multiple houses on multiple islands would just eliminate the value of whisking potions.
Colorbeard on all the Oceans
SO of Six Leagues Under (Midnight)
FO of SPAM (Cobalt)

Posted by zoip at Jul 26, 2005 1:34:52 AM
jmucchiello wrote: 
Your solution requires a lot of programming for very little benefit.

Again, this requires mondo programming for the benefit of the few people with multiple houses.

1) It's not for a few people. The first shack is free to everyone. Additional shacks are reasonably priced (current price 1,250 PoE). Anyone but the most cash-starved pirate will be able to afford at least unfurnished shacks on more than one island.
2) On a lower spec computer, being able to go to a room instead of the dock would be a very welcome benefit. Dock lag can be extremely nasty on a crowded island. With an option to go to a room instead of the dock, anyone could buy a solution for dock lag for only 1,250 per island.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

Posted by Synful at Jul 26, 2005 1:43:36 AM
Well, its true that ye'd have to look at the picture of the house on the minimap to take a guess at what kind of house it is...but trust me, there will be a wiki for each type of housing and where they are located before ye know it. Afterall, you don't know what commods are at the market until you get there either.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Dragonlilly at Jul 26, 2005 2:04:51 AM
If the Govs are smart they will name their houses by type. Alternatively, the simplest thing that the devs could do is add the type of residence it is to the bubble (The Love Shack Shack, MacDonalds Boarding House, etc).

Dragonlilly, thinking simply for once... I must not be feeling well.
Shanty Raid-io!

Posted by Varthlokkur at Jul 26, 2005 2:14:41 AM
zoip wrote: 

1) It's not for a few people. The first shack is free to everyone. Additional shacks are reasonably priced (current price 1,250 PoE). Anyone but the most cash-starved pirate will be able to afford at least unfurnished shacks on more than one island.

Right. They just don't need to be able to choose to whisk to any on the fly. Further, 'whisk to any of my houses for free' becomes 'infinite whisks to each settled island at 1250 per island'.

Simple ideas....

-- allow a toggleable option for 'whisks to or startups on islands take me straight to my home if I have one there' (or, just make it automatic).
-- When whisking to an island where you would be placed in a home, if you have more than one home, you start in the biggest/most expensive.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean

Posted by Rmarsbar at Jul 26, 2005 2:55:40 AM
Varthlokkur wrote: 
Right. They just don't need to be able to choose to whisk to any on the fly. Further, 'whisk to any of my houses for free' becomes 'infinite whisks to each settled island at 1250 per island'.

Anyone who whisks to an island 125 times deserves free whisks :P
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by Rappak at Jul 26, 2005 3:06:38 AM
Why is there a door in the shack? I don't see why it's there. Where does this door that you can't do anything with lead to? I would like more wall space instead of this door.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?

Posted by Kaet at Jul 26, 2005 3:11:18 AM
Rmarsbar wrote: 
Varthlokkur wrote: 

I would totally pay 1250 poe for unlimited whisks to that island.

/em stabs whisking potions.

Posted by Parthanos at Jul 26, 2005 3:13:46 AM
Home is where your house is?

My guess is there will be a 'whisk to house' option.
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"

Posted by Darkaardvark at Jul 26, 2005 3:25:01 AM
Rmarsbar wrote: 
Varthlokkur wrote: 

On Viridian: Anyone who whisks to an island deserves free whisks. (Doubloon costs for whisking potions are quite booched--costs about 12 times as much for the delivery as the product.
Pleun wrote: 
Try searching using the correct spelling, the search option is very picky about that.

(Avatar by Synful.)

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates