mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 27, 2021 5:12:01 AM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Nemo at Jul 22, 2005 10:06:26 AM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
There are two kinds of varnish.
----------------------------------------

Posted by Synful at Jul 22, 2005 10:11:56 AM
Nemo wrote: 

And both so far look like they take sassafrass. The only difference is the amount of hemp oil that goes into the mix. Regular varnish is 12 units hemp oil to 1 sassafrass, Fine varnish is 18 units of hemp oil to 1 sassafrass. Sassafrass needs to leave the varnish recipe. Period. I'd rather see it made with KB at this point because I can get KB cheaper than sassafrass! Heck, gold ore is cheaper than sassafrass on Cobalt. Either something is booched with sassafrass or someone is hording. Now I am totally curious to know if anybody has sassafrass on Cobalt. I see all sorts of buying, but only 1 unit selling. Merchants don't bring it, no matter that high buy price is at 8200 poe a unit.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by rixation at Jul 22, 2005 11:45:12 AM
When in the "Arrange Furniture" scene, can we please have a little X in the upper-right like we have everywhere else that will discard changes instead of having to click the "Discard Changes" button? Pretty please?
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by Thunderbird at Jul 22, 2005 3:40:20 PM
A word of warning: Skellies can take furniture, from my tests. I pulled a crate of hemp from my room on Ice, went to the skellies and joined the fray. Looked at my booty tab and the Furniture tab was gone. Left the fray and got my crate of hemp back.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"

Posted by TheRack at Jul 22, 2005 5:07:00 PM
Synful wrote: 
Nemo wrote: 

And both so far look like they take sassafrass. The only difference is the amount of hemp oil that goes into the mix. Regular varnish is 12 units hemp oil to 1 sassafrass, Fine varnish is 18 units of hemp oil to 1 sassafrass. Sassafrass needs to leave the varnish recipe. Period. I'd rather see it made with KB at this point because I can get KB cheaper than sassafrass! Heck, gold ore is cheaper than sassafrass on Cobalt. Either something is booched with sassafrass or someone is hording. Now I am totally curious to know if anybody has sassafrass on Cobalt. I see all sorts of buying, but only 1 unit selling. Merchants don't bring it, no matter that high buy price is at 8200 poe a unit.

2 issues involved.

Firstly, the spawn rates are determined by the market bid prices. As people bid higher for the commod due to demand going up, the spawn rate rates will automaticly go up for it so the avalibility will level out.

I think the whole idea of picking sassafrass as the extra commod was essentially to ensure that furniture was priced at the sort of levels they should be at, without booching the rest of the economy.

And so far as not getting any of the stuff yourself, I would recomend trying bid tickets and sailing it yourself if you need it. Its likely that the merchants are sailing it to Islands other than your own because they can make a better profit there. If however, you truly think the Spawn rates on it are booched, then submit a bug.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

Posted by Joneth at Jul 22, 2005 5:23:44 PM
TheRack wrote: 

And so far as not getting any of the stuff yourself, I would recomend trying bid tickets and sailing it yourself if you need it.

At present you cannot bid on Sassafras on any ocean.

Posted by Rick9109 at Jul 22, 2005 6:02:53 PM
I've been interested in Sassafras trends for a while now and while the herb is still very rare, it isn't stuck anymore and it doesn't take 9 k buys to get it going. It's still a very slow-spawning herb though and I wonder if one island on Midnight can really supply the whole ocean with enough to make mugs,a type of varnish and black enamel. Don't get me wrong, I love that this is being done, I actually am recouping the money I lost during the great Sas flood which I never thought would've been possible.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.

Posted by TheRack at Jul 22, 2005 7:56:27 PM
Joneth wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

And so far as not getting any of the stuff yourself, I would recomend trying bid tickets and sailing it yourself if you need it.

Hmmm.... Shoulda realised that. Proberbly a bug then

Period. End of story.

Posted by Whitefire at Jul 23, 2005 12:31:29 AM
Nemo wrote: 

These are optional yes?

Posted by Thunderbird at Jul 23, 2005 3:03:04 AM
TheRack wrote: 
Joneth wrote: 

Hmmm.... Shoulda realised that. Proberbly a bug then

I wouldn't call it a bug, there simply aren't any markets on the Sassafras islands.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"

Posted by Nemo at Jul 23, 2005 8:17:41 AM
Whitefire wrote: 
Nemo wrote: 

These are optional yes?

No, they're ingredients in various furniture.

I don't know why Ice currently requires sassafrass for both. It should only be in the "fine" version. It would take a lot of old man's beard to rival sassafrass in value. I am concerned about sassafrass having so few spawn points, whether or not we put markets on them.

Posted by Rick9109 at Jul 23, 2005 10:24:31 AM
Perhaps yarrow is a better solution? It is pretty rare, but is forageable in two locations and biddable in another (on midnight).
Rome

Posted by fanta at Jul 23, 2005 7:25:04 PM
Nemo wrote: 
Whitefire wrote: 
Nemo wrote: 

These are optional yes?

No, they're ingredients in various furniture.

I don't know why Ice currently requires sassafrass for both. It should only be in the "fine" version. It would take a lot of old man's beard to rival sassafrass in value. I am concerned about sassafrass having so few spawn points, whether or not we put markets on them.

Haven't found any furniture using it yet though.

And please don't put a market there, i hate it when i end up having to go get it myself because something isn't delivered by merchants anymore.

Rick9109 wrote: 
Perhaps yarrow is a better solution? It is pretty rare, but is forageable in two locations and biddable in another (on midnight).

Hang on, forageable in two places? Where then? I only know of beta (market) and flow.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by TheRack at Jul 23, 2005 8:40:25 PM
How bout creating a completly new commodity and have Cnossos Spawn it?

Period. End of story.

Posted by Rmarsbar at Jul 23, 2005 10:34:15 PM
How about just more labour used.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by Faulkston at Jul 24, 2005 3:29:52 AM
TheRack wrote: 

Where do you propose to put the spawn points?

Faulkston,
Cnossos makes sardine cans look spacious ;-)

Posted by Rick9109 at Jul 24, 2005 8:34:18 AM
Actually-you might be right-it might only be two places. I swore there was a third but I can't remember it for the life of me.

You know I wish all commodities were like yarrow. One place to forage, one place for bidding. That way both styles of play were accomodated.
Rome

Posted by Piplicus_BNO at Jul 24, 2005 9:10:12 AM
And because I can't get to Ice currently -

where is varnish made?

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.

Posted by Thunderbird at Jul 24, 2005 9:16:30 AM
It shows up in the Apoth order menu. And the name appears as m.community.varnish (or something like that) in the Products menu, but not in the Produces or Order Display menus.

Posted by Synful at Jul 24, 2005 10:03:28 AM
Yarrow maybe could work...but on some oceans it may not be as rare as on other oceans as far as value goes.

I still think a concoction of herbs could help raise the value of the varnish to keep the furniture at a higher level of buying, if that is what they are going for with the varnish thing.

I'm not sure of the solution, but there needs to be something done because quite frankly, the furniture is going to be in high demand and if the herbs used as part of an ingredient simply cannot be produced...things will get real ugly real fast. Perhaps for regular varnish, it would take old man's beard, weld and madder(or even indigo) and for fine varnish add a yarrow to the recipe. Let's use what we currently have on all the oceans, though.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by Parthanos at Jul 24, 2005 2:10:39 PM
A few housing questions:

We can now change ship and house/shoppe environments. Will future ships/shoppes etc. come 'naked/empty' now? I actually would prefer this honestly, I think it encourages more of an investment and also more creativity.

Will one be able to place banners/beds/ on ships as well, and 'change out' pre-existing ones?

Will future ship banners be uniform in color?

Will currently existing furnature/banners etc. be 'new' when the release occurs, or is everything in place now considered in a state of decay (and thus not able to be moved without dusting).

Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"

Posted by zoip at Jul 24, 2005 3:02:48 PM
Parthanos wrote: 

Will currently existing furnature/banners etc. be 'new' when the release occurs, or is everything in place now considered in a state of decay (and thus not able to be moved without dusting).

If Faulkston linked to the answer (all pre-existing stuff are unmovable props--keep or delete are the only two options) in this thread, would that be considered an infinite loop?
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

Posted by Parthanos at Jul 24, 2005 3:20:06 PM
zoip wrote: 
Parthanos wrote: 

If Faulkston linked to the answer (all pre-existing stuff are unmovable props--keep or delete are the only two options) in this thread, would that be considered an infinite loop?

Ah, missed it. Thanks for that one anyhow.
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"

Posted by Zarn at Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM
Something that has been partially addressed (unless I missed the full details) is that roomate provisions will be included. A suggestion I would have would be that perhaps there be a checkbox to allow crewmates (anyone currently in the crew or jobbed with the crew) to enter an individual's housing. Perhaps also a checkbox for hearties as well?
Zarn - Duckies (Midnight Ocean) - Founder of Sea Dragons and Sea of Fire (Cobalt Ocean)
Altiam - Sweet Pillage and Mayhem (Cobalt Ocean)

Posted by Rmarsbar at Jul 24, 2005 6:49:02 PM
Zarn wrote: 
Something that has been partially addressed (unless I missed the full details) is that roomate provisions will be included. A suggestion I would have would be that perhaps there be a checkbox to allow crewmates (anyone currently in the crew or jobbed with the crew) to enter an individual's housing. Perhaps also a checkbox for hearties as well?

It's called a ship.

+this
Prometheus wrote: 
Indeed, roommates and storage and all sorts of other special bits are planned for inclusion.

Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by TheRack at Jul 24, 2005 7:33:10 PM
Faulkston wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

Where do you propose to put the spawn points?

Thats up to the Island holders... Although I'm sure there could be found 1 spot on a corner somewhere, if they need extra spawn points, upto the current owners to buy back a building to demolish... If they fail to do that, Imagine the compertition for the Island if the ringers held that as a carrot for whoever wants to try and take the Island.

Rmarsbar wrote: 
How about just more labour used.

Compertition for labour is tough enough as it is (and indeed about to get tougher with the coming of furniture)

Period. End of story.

Posted by fanta at Jul 24, 2005 10:39:59 PM
Parthanos wrote: 
We can now change ship and house/shoppe environments. Will future ships/shoppes etc. come 'naked/empty' now? I actually would prefer this honestly, I think it encourages more of an investment and also more creativity.

I completely agree with you that that would be way more interesting, like you'd have to remember to put in a place to order and a desk and stuff like that. But i've heard that ships and stalls will still come as they do now. And the disappointing part is you can't even move everything around. You can only delete some stuff, but not the items with a function. So no moving of the desk, the order table, the puzzle spots, the racks in tailors etc. etc. I had such a nice new layout for my tailor stall, that i can forget about now. :(

What i would have done with my tailor if i could have moved everything;

Rick9109 wrote: 
You know I wish all commodities were like yarrow. One place to forage, one place for bidding. That way both styles of play were accomodated.

/me nods frantically, yes!
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by Dragonlilly at Jul 24, 2005 11:25:08 PM
I am of the sentiment that all ships/stalls/shoppes should come bare, only having the necessity items (puzzle stations/desks/nav table etc.).

I also wish that the necessity items in shoppes/stalls could be moveable. What is the reasoning to not allow for these items to be moved?
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!

Posted by Rmarsbar at Jul 24, 2005 11:34:39 PM
Dragonlilly wrote: 
I also wish that the necessity items in shoppes/stalls could be moveable. What is the reasoning to not allow for these items to be moved?

To make demand for furnishers.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!

Posted by rixation at Jul 24, 2005 11:39:24 PM
Rmarsbar wrote: 
Dragonlilly wrote: 

To make demand for furnishers.

She was referring to the items she previously mentioned as "necessity", meaning the puzzle stations, ordering desks, etc. Stuff you can't buy at the furnishers. Incidentally, I also think everything except guns and sails should be movable (it would just look silly having a gun not much up with it's hole in the hull).
Epimetheus
Retired

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates