mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 25, 2021 3:05:36 PM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by RaelShark at Jul 21, 2005 12:11:17 PM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
Latest Ice release:

# Portraits may be framed at a furnisher and turned into furniture!
# Furniture that has more than one 'view' may now be examined fully in the ordering interface.
# Some furniture has restrictions on where it may be placed. Fountains will not be allowed on ships or indoors, for example. The big outside-only furniture has been removed until we add finer grained controls to prevent Governors Gone Wild!
# Some bugs were fixed with furniture placing.
# Two new commodities have been added: varnish and fine varnish. They will be used in furnishing- expect changes to the current furniture recipes.

Question - can the trough be restricted from being put on ships? People have called it the vomit trough, and frankly... that's what it looks like on a ship deck.
----------------------------------------
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders

Posted by barrelmonkey at Jul 21, 2005 12:25:38 PM
Landlubbers have to vomit somewhere. We can't have them vomitting on any future Krakens we might get.

Posted by BehindCurtai at Jul 21, 2005 1:40:52 PM
Synful wrote: 
In my opinion, I feel everything should not be made in one type of store. For the bulk of the furnishings, I agree that the furnisher should sell them but this is how I think some of the items should be sold from what store types.
Tailor should sell:
spools
manequin
tapestries of all kinds

Tapestries should be sold by weavers, not tailors.

Otherwise, I like your idea.

Re: Doubloons;
What will furniture costs be like? Will everything be 1? Will fancy items be 2/giant items 3?

If the current cost of items was balanced based on 42/month and the old supply of things to buy, how will all these new things to buy -- inceasing content, increasing what people can do -- affect the balance? Will other things drop slightly as pirates are now expected to purchase furniture as well as swords?

Re: Name of your place.

If I'm in my shack, I should be in Longjohngrey's shack. Not Longjohngrey's rooms. Especially if I have both a shack and a house on the same island.

Heck, how about Longjohngrey's Guava Shack?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

Posted by zoip at Jul 21, 2005 2:15:52 PM
More Stupid Furny Tricks:

All tricks tested on a sloop. I mention these tricks not to drive the Ringers crazy but to assist other players in finding weak spots in the furny code while it's still on Ice. (Fortunatly, many of these tricks can be prevented by making certain sections of floorspace no-furny zones.)

* Nobody Allowed in the Crow's Nest!:

A well placed piece of furniture on the deck of a sloop makes the crow's nest inaccessable. Just make sure it overlaps the crow's nest arrow.

* I Steer the Ship with the Power of My Mind:

A well placed piece of furniture in front of the helm prevents anyone from standing in front of the helm. However, the helm is still accessible. You just won't walk in front of the helm, so ye can open the open the navigation puzzle while standing several meters away. This trick can be done with sailing stations, gunning stations, etc. This trick does have the side effect of preventing a swabbie from ever using that station, though.
(Update: You don't even need furniture from preventing swabbies from reaching stations. Having players standing in front of a station, even if they aren't using it, will also prevent a swabbie from using that station.)

* Beam me up some swabbies, Scotty!

Place furniture so that there is no legal path between a swabbie and a work station of a given type (e.g., blockade all sailing stations). Order the swabbie to perform that station's task. The swabbie will teleport to an available station as long as the tile in front of that station is empty. Players can warp to stations, too, if they have no legal path and the space in front of the station is empty.

* Sawing a table in half with three swabbies:

There game only checks for a small area (a rectangle 3 wide [starboard-port] and 4 long) in front of the sailboat for legal places to put swabbies. Fill this area with furniture on a sloop, call some swabbies and swabbies will appear in the middle of the furniture and stay there until ordered to a station. The specific area ye must block (and a pile of trapped swabbies) can be seen here:

[URL=http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?image=furnytrap1sy.jpg][/URL]

The game is much more generous about where players can show up and I have yet to be able to duplicate the trick with players.

Edit: one word removed for clarity
Edit 2: Update, redundant phrase removed
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

Posted by Parthanos at Jul 21, 2005 2:23:50 PM
Portraits may be framed at a furnisher and turned into furniture!

I'm quite impressed with housing:)
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"

Posted by Synful at Jul 21, 2005 3:38:22 PM
Meh, I suggested the tailor because the tapestries look more like banners to me and have to be sewn. Weaveries only produce cloth-they sew nothing.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by SJMoore at Jul 21, 2005 6:04:48 PM

Meh, I suggested the tailor because the tapestries look more like banners to me and have to be sewn. Weaveries only produce cloth-they sew nothing.

Yet Weaving is a type of sewing...and therefore should be kept in the Weavery.
A piece of Tapestry is not an item of clothing and should not be sold in a Tailor!.
Weavery and Tapestry and Sewing are all different types of 'Sewing'. The difference being the closeness of the weave.
Sewing is mainly used to join two piece's of cloth together, and Tapestry was made using fine coloured string/rope, and was made using a template.

Therefore a item of Tapestry should be made of the required items to make rope/string and also Dye's...brought from the Apothercary

Posted by Synful at Jul 21, 2005 6:09:10 PM
This is puzzle pirates. I was trying to give EACH store type SOMETHING to sell. Gah, if we're getting so dang technical, gimme a nose!
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posted by rroberts at Jul 21, 2005 6:48:14 PM
I think I've completely missed it, but....

Is housing just like the bazaars (rooms for all) or can you actually buy a seperate building (like a shoppe)?

Sorry to re-ask questions that have probably already been covered in the 14 pages of this thread.

Posted by zoip at Jul 21, 2005 6:58:39 PM
rroberts wrote: 
I think I've completely missed it, but....

Is housing just like the bazaars (rooms for all)

Yes.

rroberts wrote: 

or can you actually buy a seperate building (like a shoppe)?

This just might be a "Yes" as well. We players haven't seen everything that housing has to offer and the ultimate-top-of-the-line housing may or may not be quite restricted.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

Posted by TheRack at Jul 21, 2005 9:47:27 PM
Oh and for a cheap thrills shore leave moment, turn out the lights and play marco polo :P
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

Posted by chemicalgirl at Jul 21, 2005 11:54:35 PM
Please give us a way to hide in our homes so only people that know how to use /who can find us. Like maybe a toggle switch in the house that makes it so we don't show up on the list?

And I think Synful's idea for regrouping the distribution of new products is fabulous, including the tapestries at weaveries. :-P
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari

Posted by loopylindsay at Jul 22, 2005 12:08:59 AM
Oh my gawd, I hadn't even thought of Marco Polo. The logistics might take a bit to work out, as I don't know how you could talk from one level or room to another, but I'm all for games in the dark ;)

My new favorite activity is turning out the lights, inviting hearties in, and then saying "What's yer favorite scary movie?" One who was scared of scary movies was about ready to de-hearty me, especially when I kept promising that the lights were back on and inviting her back in. God, I love that feature...

My only wish is that when you turn the light on, that you not have to have your character walk towards the light (ha ha). A lot more humorous for me to turn on the light and be hiding behind my plant or something without me strolling out. I know, I'm a nerd...
Lawanda on Colbalt
Member of the crew In War We Trust
Lady of the flag Something Powerful
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice

Posted by wrb03 at Jul 22, 2005 12:12:49 AM
hoy, can items be placed on tables etc. doesnt work for the fish bones i know but what about books, candles etc.
- Jublain (Cerulean)
- Captain of Knot Working

Posted by blue_jacket at Jul 22, 2005 12:14:36 AM
chemicalgirl wrote: 
Please give us a way to hide in our homes so only people that know how to use /who can find us. Like maybe a toggle switch in the house that makes it so we don't show up on the list?

If you have Do Not Disturb on, you'll only receive invite requests from hearties.
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

Posted by loopylindsay at Jul 22, 2005 12:15:35 AM
wrb03 wrote: 
hoy, can items be placed on tables etc. doesnt work for the fish bones i know but what about books, candles etc.

I haven't tested it all out, but I know for a fact that notebooks (and therefore scrolls and such, I would assume) and candles can be placed on tables. In fact, I think they are required to be in some cases...
Lawanda on Colbalt
Member of the crew In War We Trust
Lady of the flag Something Powerful
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice

Posted by blue_jacket at Jul 22, 2005 12:19:41 AM
Items that can be placed on tables:

http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/Furniture_(tabletop)
-Yaten

Posted by NinjaGuy at Jul 22, 2005 12:26:46 AM
Aww, I don't like the not being able to have fountains and statues inside. it's not like they look that out of place. In fact, a fountain in the entrance just makes a mansion a mansion.
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada

Posted by McStew721 at Jul 22, 2005 12:44:30 AM
NinjaGuy wrote: 
Aww, I don't like the not being able to have fountains and statues inside. it's not like they look that out of place. In fact, a fountain in the entrance just makes a mansion a mansion.

Word.

Does anyone know if they took statues off of ships? If so, I won't be happy...
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem

Posted by fanta at Jul 22, 2005 12:51:44 AM
I don't understand why we can buy a throne, but none of the other palace furniture/decorations.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by chemicalgirl at Jul 22, 2005 1:04:40 AM
fanta wrote: 
I don't understand why we can buy a throne, but none of the other palace furniture/decorations.

You can buy those fancy shmancy tapestries and such, and the nifty palace guards (with spears or with swords) and marble top furniture and stuffs.

Although, in one of the OM apoth stalls on Shatterstone there was this nifty scarab box with purple fabric on the ordering table. What was that and how do I get one!?

~~~~I almost forgot, Fireplace! Must have Fireplace! I was looking at my IM the other day and remembering how awesome it looked at Christmas with the little stockings on the "mantle" and thought, "geez, i'm gonna need one of those in my house!"
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari

Posted by fanta at Jul 22, 2005 1:08:36 AM
Aye yeah, i meant the stuff like that, those fancy things, and some other fancy wall stuff. Btw does anyone know where we can find paintings and banners and such in YPP tools?
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by blue_jacket at Jul 22, 2005 1:11:05 AM
The stuff in the trophy room or museum (upper room, on the left in an upgraded palace) will probably be given away in OM-sponsored tournaments.

YPP Tools doesn't seem to have paintings, but I'm not sure about banners.
-Yaten

Posted by tcarr at Jul 22, 2005 6:31:42 AM
chemicalgirl wrote: 
~~~~I almost forgot, Fireplace! Must have Fireplace! I was looking at my IM the other day and remembering how awesome it looked at Christmas with the little stockings on the "mantle" and thought, "geez, i'm gonna need one of those in my house!"

there's no fireplace on the order screen on Ice. :(

the inn on Beta simply must have a fireplace! i beg of ye, please add fireplaces to the list of what furnishers can make!

(in the Callahan's Crosstime Saloon stories the fireplace is a crucial feature)
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight

Posted by Lothario at Jul 22, 2005 8:07:57 AM
Re: Scary first impressions.
Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
Rappak wrote: 

My thoughts exactly.

Or something like real world or Big Brother or just

This is my last derail, I promise.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/pipmuk/bb2jpg.jpg

EDIT: I better mention that anything in the above image is fiction, with the possible excpetion of the Heksubah story. The Carribean/Goga story is ENTIRELY made up.

Vote for me!

Casanova

Posted by Skal at Jul 22, 2005 8:13:09 AM
Has anyone tested how the new framed portrait option works? Once it's finished, will I be able to click on it to bring up the original portrait, or will the tiny version be the only thing that's ever visible?
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.

Posted by blue_jacket at Jul 22, 2005 8:26:04 AM
You can click on it to view the original -- see Peghead's portrait inside Woodtop Crafters on Shatterstone.
-Yaten

Posted by AySz88 at Jul 22, 2005 9:01:50 AM
chemicalgirl and others wrote: 

...Fireplace!....

I thought they were forges? :p
-Darvian
SO of the Yellow Jackets on Park, Midnight
A++ C++ P L GD++ Dnone C Bl++ Sa+ Gu+ SF+ N+++ Bn Dr R+ Al Sh++ B+ F+++ S+

Posted by McStew721 at Jul 22, 2005 9:04:55 AM
AySz88 wrote: 
chemicalgirl and others wrote: 

...Fireplace!....

I thought they were forges? :p

She might be asking for a new item. In which case she should head over to Vistr's thread. (A Fireplace has already been suggested there anyway)
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem

Posted by Synful at Jul 22, 2005 10:04:07 AM
I am not pleased at all with the use of sassafrass to make varnish. It is a high end herb, and on Cobalt(not sure about the other oceans) very difficult to come by. If furnishers will have to use a sassafrass based oil to complete orders, very few people will have any furniture. As it is, to make varnish with that recipe on Cobalt, a unit would cost well more than 1000 poe. I feel the varnish needs to be made with a much lower level herb like old man's beard. Or how about a combination of old man's beard and weld? That would make a lovely amber colored finish and keep things expensive enough without breaking the bank.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates