mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 25, 2021 1:36:37 PM
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Crooktooth at Jul 20, 2005 8:39:47 AM
Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice!
so, the sea gull is odd, but the twenty foot statue in yer living room is no big deal?
----------------------------------------
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."

Posted by lurbosi at Jul 20, 2005 6:46:18 PM
sorry if its somewhere between 12 pages but its just too long to read all

so , can a pirate have two houses at a time?
Lursuchki
Get rich or die tryin'

Posted by zoip at Jul 20, 2005 7:24:02 PM
lurbosi wrote: 
sorry if its somewhere between 12 pages but its just too long to read all

so , can a pirate have two houses at a time?

Yes. Expect to pay a large number of PoE for anything beyond one small shack, though.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

Posted by SJMoore at Jul 20, 2005 8:45:01 PM
I feel that housing should just be for the 'wealthier' people, and therefore should be quite expensive.

Small House: 100K
Medium House : 250K
Large House : 500K
Deluxe/Mansion : 1M

Might be expensive...but will show who the richest people are...instead of having thousands of homes for everyone...

./me would have tired fingers just traulling through the list of home owners..just to get to the one in the middle of it all...huh

and yes....i think it would be a good idea to have furniture stores..it would add another shop....yet would be hard to come up with another type of woodwork puzzle!! or am i just not good at daydreaming enough !!! hmm.

Posted by IcabobFreely at Jul 20, 2005 8:52:41 PM
Has anyone posted any of the forumlas for furniture yet? I'd like to know how badly every other industry will be hit after implementation.
Icabob of The Midnight Sun
And remember...
When you're having a really bad day, it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 muscles to extend your finger and flip them off.

Posted by SJMoore at Jul 20, 2005 9:01:38 PM

I'd like to know how badly every other industry will be hit after implementation.

This is a good one...It will hit other industries very hard indeed...with everyone wanting to comcentrate on getting their houses furnished and ready/nice. You will find that less people will go Pillaging (A true Pirate duty) and then..after a while..the other shops will begin to increase in trade again..

I also feel that although having a clothes rack within the homes is a good idea BUT.. it will reduce the use of Tailors and their racks..and there will not be as many 'old/good' clothes around, as everyone will keep them new on their home racks.

With houses..less people will be on the street's, less trade's made....and you will not meet new friends (only accepting friends into your home).

Just a few to be thought about..

Posted by Varthlokkur at Jul 20, 2005 9:07:34 PM
IcabobFreely wrote: 
Has anyone posted any of the forumlas for furniture yet? I'd like to know how badly every other industry will be hit after implementation.

Barrister posted all of them in tips and tricks, but they're still subject to change, according to a post by Peghead in response to Belgarion's latest shop tool release.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean

Posted by Varthlokkur at Jul 20, 2005 9:10:58 PM
SJMoore wrote: 
You will find that less people will go Pillaging (A true Pirate duty)...

Actually, you might be surprised.

You can only rearrange your furniture so much before you want a new piece for the new arrangement, so you pillage a bit to get the new piece.

Then you realize you have more stuff than will fit in your shack, so you pillage some more to buy a larger place.....

Posted by Fiddler at Jul 20, 2005 9:17:08 PM
IcabobFreely wrote: 
Has anyone posted any of the forumlas for furniture yet?

http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/Furniture
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

Posted by IcabobFreely at Jul 20, 2005 9:31:06 PM
Fiddler wrote: 
IcabobFreely wrote: 
Has anyone posted any of the forumlas for furniture yet?

http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/Furniture

Thank you.
Icabob of The Midnight Sun
And remember...
When you're having a really bad day, it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 muscles to extend your finger and flip them off.

Posted by TheRack at Jul 20, 2005 9:35:43 PM
Just an idea for those notes, ship designs, posters... whatever you can buy as furniture... what if they were the long sort after private message board that only managers can read in shops?
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

Posted by Spiderprints at Jul 20, 2005 9:39:05 PM
TheRack wrote: 
Just an idea for those notes, ship designs, posters... whatever you can buy as furniture... what if they were the long sort after private message board that only managers can read in shops?

I like that idea!
Knarf
of Drunken Amore

Posted by nickster_v at Jul 21, 2005 12:10:40 AM
I just type <font color=grey size=1> before the manager news so it can only be seen by managers who can edit the news. It doesn't seem to be selectable in the main board (so you couldn't copy and paste it)
Nickster, Viridian
SO, The British Eagles | YPPedia admin

Posted by chemicalgirl at Jul 21, 2005 12:21:06 AM
Private Message Board... for only managers? um, that's not currently in the game, aye? I've been wishing for one of these for a looong time.

As far as furniture on a ship, why would anyone assume any of it would stay?? Oh, although, someone could trash the rum barrel or drinking table, and then replace it with their own, just to screw with people. But really, if someone removed the drinking table on my war brig, I'd give them a hug.

/me hears "join my drinking game" in the middle of battle...

Also, I'm none too keen on any ideas about Inns going to governors when an island is successfully blockaded. I have many friends whose pinnacle of game play would be becoming the owner of an inn. They'd not be happy campers to finally get one, then lose it. Perhaps Inn furniture could be fixed, and only added to?

As far as housing being more expensive, you still have to buy furniture for the thing. And it's not like your name's on the list of housing when you're not home.

A knocking sound when someone knocks on your door would rock. I was surprised I didn't get a whistle.

Tailors are owned by many people that want them for closet space. Usually people that can afford it have some pretty schweet clothes, and I like to go to their shoppes even if nothing is for sale just to try on the pricey stuff before i buy. I'm just not sure how I feel about closets being used to store clothes. Maybe we need fewer tailors all together, and this would drive some out of business, but to what degree?

Same thing for Iron Mongers, though maybe people would buy more swords (and clothes) since they could store them.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari

Posted by barrelmonkey at Jul 21, 2005 12:24:57 AM

Tailors are owned by many people that want them for closet space. Usually people that can afford it have some pretty schweet clothes, and I like to go to their shoppes even if nothing is for sale just to try on the pricey stuff before i buy. I'm just not sure how I feel about closets being used to store clothes. Maybe we need fewer tailors all together, and this would drive some out of business, but to what degree?

Sorry, but Cleaver already confirmed Wardrobes (I think thats what he called it, I can't remember) were going to be a new furniture. He could change his mind, but I think they decided that it would be best if anyone could store clothes.

Posted by fanta at Jul 21, 2005 12:41:04 AM
What's everyone on about with the inns? They've already stated that any exsisting furniture with a function can't be moved or removed. I assume that goes for inn furniture as well.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by McStew721 at Jul 21, 2005 12:46:50 AM
SJMoore wrote: 
I feel that housing should just be for the 'wealthier' people, and therefore should be quite expensive.

Small House: 100K
Medium House : 250K
Large House : 500K
Deluxe/Mansion : 1M

Might be expensive...but will show who the richest people are...instead of having thousands of homes for everyone...

./me would have tired fingers just traulling through the list of home owners..just to get to the one in the middle of it all...huh

1. The purpose of the game is for everyone to have fun, not to "see who the rich people are" by making things cost more.

2. Nemo has already released the information that there will be ten(?) different levels of housing. You would have to update your list to include real names so that we could understand which is which if you would like it to be considered seriously.

3. The homes only show up on the Boarding House list if the owner is inside. All others will simply disappear. Also, there is a house titled "(My Rooms) at the very top of the list that you can click to enter your own house.

4. If you can't stand having a couple dozen greenie names on the shack list, buy a bigger house somewhere else.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem

Posted by Varthlokkur at Jul 21, 2005 1:23:45 AM
fanta wrote: 
What's everyone on about with the inns? They've already stated that any exsisting furniture with a function can't be moved or removed. I assume that goes for inn furniture as well.

The drinks table on the WB has a (little used) function, and can be removed.

That said, the least change that can be made is to lock in the mandatory functions (all in one parlour table, tourney board) at the inn, and allow customisation of the rest of the tables.

Like a lot of things with testing, people are flagging issues for the Devs to be sure they've dealt with at this stage, which is why we have the test ocean.

Posted by fanta at Jul 21, 2005 1:36:06 AM
Varthlokkur wrote: 
fanta wrote: 

The drinks table on the WB has a (little used) function, and can be removed.

That said, the least change that can be made is to lock in the mandatory functions (all in one parlour table, tourney board) at the inn, and allow customisation of the rest of the tables.

Like a lot of things with testing, people are flagging issues for the Devs to be sure they've dealt with at this stage, which is why we have the test ocean.

Alrighty. Didn't know that, not everyone has WB's to test that on. ;) /me wishes. Anyways thanks for clearing up my confusion.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya

Posted by phenylfairy at Jul 21, 2005 1:58:40 AM
Not sure that this has been mentioned yet... Does anyone know how much us Viridianites will have to pay for each housing type? Ie, how many doubloons will each house cost?
Lethe: The Sea Hares, Day of the Tentacle (Viridian); Far Too Jolly Rogers, Looterati (Midnight)
MalkierKing wrote: 
ur mom iz a loot haha lolz!11onetwothreetesting

Posted by mysticpsyche at Jul 21, 2005 2:05:04 AM
Storage
Will we be able to have limited storage capabilities in our "homes"? Like maybe "closet" space for extra clothes, swords, etc. Could we possibly have a lockable chest to store extra money in? I don't like carrying everything I've got on my person, as I am tempted to spend it.
For every person with a spark of genius, there are hundreds with ignition trouble.

Posted by rixation at Jul 21, 2005 2:28:37 AM
Re: Storage
mysticpsyche wrote: 
Will we be able to have limited storage capabilities in our "homes"? Like maybe "closet" space for extra clothes, swords, etc. Could we possibly have a lockable chest to store extra money in? I don't like carrying everything I've got on my person, as I am tempted to spend it.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=21593
Epimetheus
Retired

Posted by barrelmonkey at Jul 21, 2005 2:29:27 AM
Re: Storage
mysticpsyche wrote: 

This has to be about the 20th time someone has either asked or suggested this. Yes to all of your questions.

Posted by chemicalgirl at Jul 21, 2005 5:11:50 AM
Reading the first 12 pages can be a good thing. Just be sure to not be drinking or eating during the first 2 or 3 pages, computers have gotten messy that way already.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari

Posted by emerson at Jul 21, 2005 5:30:13 AM
[size=9][and this is why opening ice to everyone may not have been a good idea, as most of the previous ice players seem to have been regulars on the forums, and the new ones are less likely to be]
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer

Posted by anyGould at Jul 21, 2005 5:33:17 AM
Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
Isn't Poncho Villa the old name for the Estate Agent on Spring before it got renamed to Centurion XXI? Or was it Turtle's EA, before that got renamed to "Styx and Stones"?

Styx and Stones is the name of the Estate Agent on Cleo.
Crazyfox, First Mate of Plunder Inc

revengeblade wrote: 
i hate you people and forums,

Posted by McStew721 at Jul 21, 2005 5:36:45 AM
anyGould wrote: 
Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
Isn't Poncho Villa the old name for the Estate Agent on Spring before it got renamed to Centurion XXI? Or was it Turtle's EA, before that got renamed to "Styx and Stones"?

Styx and Stones is the name of the Estate Agent on Cleo.

Wow! I never knew we had a double name on Midnight!

You fellers out on Cleo should do some research before you use names that are taken. :P When Hades took over Turtle and made it hellish, he named it that.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem

Posted by Dragonlilly at Jul 21, 2005 6:13:36 AM
emerson wrote: 
[size=9][and this is why opening ice to everyone may not have been a good idea, as most of the previous ice players seem to have been regulars on the forums, and the new ones are less likely to be]

And having over 40 people on during the afternoon of a weekday almost a week after the release of furni is such a huge jump, I don't know how Ice is ever going to be able to cope with the load. ;) /sarcasm

So ye have to answer a few questions ten million times, they are all answerable by; yes, no, not happening, will happen eventually. If that's too draining or demanding for you, then perhaps ye should stop reading this thread. :)
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!

Posted by barrelmonkey at Jul 21, 2005 6:24:03 AM
Opening up Ice to everyone was a brilliant move for OOO. I was playing for about an hour on Ice when I says to meself "I miss Midnight" and paid for a subscription again. I doubt I'm the only one, too. So now I've paid oodles on doubloons and I'm subscribing again. *sigh* I'm a sucker.

Posted by Synful at Jul 21, 2005 7:12:30 AM
In my opinion, I feel everything should not be made in one type of store. For the bulk of the furnishings, I agree that the furnisher should sell them but this is how I think some of the items should be sold from what store types.

Shipyards should sell:
bunks
powder bag
ship plans
lumber stacks
broken wheel
anchor
driftwood of both types

Distilleries should sell:
broken barrel
barrel
pyramid of barrels
rum barrel
upright rum barrel
still
tap

Ironmongers should sell:
shot of both sizes
crossed swords
anvil
perhaps some of the tools as well

Apoths should sell
alchemicals
mortar and pestle
mixing skull
jars and skull
jars
skull
short fetish
tall fetish

Weaveries should sell
bundle of cloth
dyer
dyer and barrel
hemp stacks of both sizes
loom
spinning wheel

Tailor should sell:
spools
manequin
tapestries of all kinds

This would spread some of the wealth out. I also believe the furnisher shop needs to be on the 44k end of opening rather than the 12k end of opening. Its a high level shop right with shipyards and tailors.
The name is Synful.
------------------------

Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates