mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 24, 2020 2:17:58 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Fire_Prox at Jun 19, 2013 10:41:31 AM
Is this game dead or alive?
Hello everyone, well, I started playing Puzzle Pirates like 2 or 3 years ago, but I stopped playing it, I got bored eventually. Today, I've remembered this game, which I think is a great game to play with some friends, but it's pretty sad to see that it keeps being the EXACTLY same game, but with much less people, while I see other worse games growing and getting better.

I just wanted to ask you, if there is still someone, if Three Rings keeps working in this game and if it's playable even with such a low people playing, or if this game went bankrupt like some others and the staff members stopped doing anything for it. If the game is still active, please tell me, because I want to start playing with my friends.

It would be amazing if there were GOOD ideas to improve this game, which is very original and funny, and advertise it somehow. I've read some other posts and there are quite good ways to make everyone have a good experience: the players who play the game and the staff who gets enough money to keep working on it.

Sorry if I have a bad English, I'm Spanish. Thank you.

Posted by Inschato at Jun 19, 2013 10:59:30 AM
Re: Is this game dead or alive?
It's still being worked on.

They're about to launch an iPad version (and possibly android, they're being vague and focusing on the iPad).

They have plans for the Kraken some time after that.
----------------------------------------
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean

Posted by Fire_Prox at Jun 19, 2013 11:04:01 AM
Well, I will give it a try then, I hope that helps. Thanks!

Posted by bailet at Jun 19, 2013 11:04:15 AM

Hello everyone, well, I started playing Puzzle Pirates like 2 or 3 years ago, but I stopped playing it, I got bored eventually. Today, I've remembered this game, which I think is a great game to play with some friends, but it's pretty sad to see that it keeps being the EXACTLY same game, but with much less people, while I see other worse games growing and getting better.

I just wanted to ask you, if there is still someone, if Three Rings keeps working in this game and if it's playable even with such a low people playing, or if this game went bankrupt like some others and the staff members stopped doing anything for it. If the game is still active, please tell me, because I want to start playing with my friends.

It would be amazing if there were GOOD ideas to improve this game, which is very original and funny, and advertise it somehow. I've read some other posts and there are quite good ways to make everyone have a good experience: the players who play the game and the staff who gets enough money to keep working on it.

Sorry if I have a bad English, I'm Spanish. Thank you.

The ideas are all here to improve the game, the problem is that the development team is extremely small. The only active developer I notice anymore is forculus.
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate

Posted by Dylan at Jun 19, 2013 11:06:16 AM
It remains a great game if you want to play with friends. With a group of up to seven you can take a sloop out and play the game, and enjoy it too.

However, many players have left this game because of the "too many indians, not enough chiefs" conundrum. With a group of friends, you can choose to take out a sloop on your own and hope a mate hops on, or organise for 3-6 others to join you at a certain time of the day... and in return hop on THEIR sloop (run) for the next few days. (run meaning they are in charge, but it could be the one sloop shared between you all in a crew).

There is nothing wrong with this game (well, ok, it is slower than it used to be) that cannot be dealt with by the attitude of those are playing.

And your English is excellent :)

Posted by Fire_Prox at Jun 19, 2013 11:10:28 AM

, the problem is that the development team is extremely small. The only active developer I notice anymore is forculus.

It's very sad indeed, if I had some java experience I would do something as a volunteer, work for free and help the game, but with only 1 active worker it's quite hard...

Posted by Karnisov at Jun 19, 2013 11:43:32 AM
Fire Prox wrote: 

It's very sad indeed, if I had some java experience I would do something as a volunteer, work for free and help the game, but with only 1 active worker it's quite hard...

I'm not sure they would take on volunteer coders, that would involve making their proprietary code accessible to non-employees. They have open sourced some of their generic libraries, but have not open sourced YPP inner workings.
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game

Posted by bailet at Jun 19, 2013 4:33:17 PM

Fire Prox wrote: 

I'm not sure they would take on volunteer coders, that would involve making their proprietary code accessible to non-employees. They have open sourced some of their generic libraries, but have not open sourced YPP inner workings.

You can't even customize your sword fight back ground without them throwing ban hammers :P
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates