mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jan 17, 2021 2:04:40 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Wdhaas at Apr 11, 2013 11:32:15 PM
Question about political maps
Ahoy,

I noticed that for the merged oceans there are no political maps. Here's the ocean page for Meridian for instance. However, if I look at the former oceans that were merged, I find that the political map for Viridian and the political map for Malachite are still being maintained. The interesting thing is that the Malachite political map seems to be much more expansive and actually represent the political landscape in the Meridian ocean. Is that correct? Malachite political map = Meridian political map?
----------------------------------------
Longwalt on Meridian & Emerald

Posted by Squishat at Apr 12, 2013 4:04:04 AM
Re: Question about political maps
As I understand it, the same holds true for Emerald. If you were to take a look at theHunter political map , it is actually representative of Emerald's connections.

Perhaps we could insert the links for the old maps into the new pages.

The maps are actually not maintained, but automatically updated with some coding voodo.
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===

Posted by Belthazar451 at Apr 12, 2013 6:33:30 AM
I wonder how the code works. Maybe it looks at a specific list of island pages, and counts flags? Because it's evidently clear that it's not Malachite map = Meridian map, because otherwise it'd also be the case that Veridian map = Meridian map, but then Malachite map = Viridian map should also be the case, and it's not.

I can see Barely Dressed on the Viridian map, though, and that's a Malachite flag...

Posted by Aethera21 at Apr 12, 2013 7:30:55 AM
Does Barely Dressed own a Viridian-side island, perhaps? I'm not in a position to check.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean

Posted by Belthazar451 at Apr 12, 2013 2:16:58 PM
Not at the moment. Pretty sure they did until recently, though.

Posted by Inschato at Apr 13, 2013 9:24:52 PM
I think it takes also the fame list and follows alliance/war links. So if you're not on the fame list or connected to a flag that is, you won't be on there. (Or if you don't meet the size/island requirement)
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean

Posted by Vorky at Apr 18, 2013 6:47:22 PM
I think it probably works by looking at the islands that were in a ocean and finding which flags own them, and then working through their alliances.

Hence a flag that started in Malachite that owns an island that was in Meridian will show up in the Meridian Political map.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates