mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 27, 2021 5:29:11 AM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by treese at Dec 31, 2008 2:19:26 AM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
Props on the latest patch so far! Very easy to install and work it.

One minor error to report.

When right clicking on a pirate to load their info, I've periodically gotten a popup window telling me "Cannot Paste to Clipboard". Doesn't seem easy to reproduce, nor have i seen it often. And when i do see it, a simple repeat of what i was doing before the message appeared worked fine. Could be a simple fix, but not sure how much it's worth fudging with if it's not.

Situation: very long war brig pillage with a few new folks periodically to load. I can't think of anything else during this, except that I did rely very heavily on QM.

Other than that, everything seems to be running smoothly. Damage counter from our War brig vs anything we threw at it (xebecs and war frigs mostly) seemed spot on.

Oh, another thing to report... one of my officers loaded the patch over his old QM, and AVG and Adaware seemed to be reading either the patch or QM as a virus. I've used both and and have had probs with neither. I dunno... just something i thought i'd mention...
----------------------------------------
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)

Posted by Soar at Jan 1, 2009 1:01:42 AM

Props on the latest patch so far! Very easy to install and work it.

One minor error to report.

When right clicking on a pirate to load their info, I've periodically gotten a popup window telling me "Cannot Paste to Clipboard". Doesn't seem easy to reproduce, nor have i seen it often. And when i do see it, a simple repeat of what i was doing before the message appeared worked fine. Could be a simple fix, but not sure how much it's worth fudging with if it's not.

Situation: very long war brig pillage with a few new folks periodically to load. I can't think of anything else during this, except that I did rely very heavily on QM.

I've got an idea on what's causing this. I'll put in code to fix what I think may be going wrong and hopefully it will work out ok.

Oh, another thing to report... one of my officers loaded the patch over his old QM, and AVG and Adaware seemed to be reading either the patch or QM as a virus. I've used both and and have had probs with neither. I dunno... just something i thought i'd mention...

Yep this will happen. Some security software watch for changes in "exe" files as this is trait of some malware. When QM patches it copies a new QuarterMaster.exe file on to your system which is different than the old one. So the file registers as changed without installation or deletion and gets caught in the scanners net.

I'll try to get the final public release out in the next few days.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 1, 2009 1:27:14 AM
Treese wrote: 

More than likely it's a timing issue with Windows (I think we're supposed to ask for exclusive rights to the clipboard-temporarily and it fails? Something about a handler...). I HATE these types of problems because they are SO intermittent.

Treese wrote: 

Your officer may:
  • Have a pre-existing virus/worm that's spreading into QM
  • Have the Anti-virus/Spyware software tagging anything doing "system" manipulations as a virus.

Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by treese at Jan 5, 2009 5:22:19 AM
Just found something that might want to be looked at.

While forraging, the regular messages that tell me what fruit I've forraged go to the "other" tab, while setting the offer, the "out of labor" and "you've forraged an empty basket" messages appear on the speak/crew tab.

Also, "the server will now reboot", and "transfer complete" and "ye have received _ poe from _", as well as "ye have received _ poe" for working a labor puzzle all appear on the speak/crew tab as well.

It's no big deal for me, but if we want to keep the parsing organized...
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 6, 2009 12:27:51 AM
I suppose the same can be applied to Doubloon/poe/sub gifts as well.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Rcktboy1 at Jan 8, 2009 4:25:46 PM
Hey for us Linux users out there our Windows Compatibility Layer sucks when running QuarterMaster. I wanted to know if you could PM me the source so I can recompile it and put it on the Ubuntu Repositories.

Posted by AtariRaccoon at Jan 9, 2009 11:39:28 PM
I've been waiting for some of the bugs to be cleaned out before I ran the 2.4 patch up and I did find some unique problems that haven't been mentioned.

1. The chat window is Gone, either that or it has been positioned below my screen line, giving me no access to it. (not a problem for 'me' since I don't use it.)

2. The damage counter window seems to have a 'bleed through' effect on mouse click. Lets just say at random I open the damage tracker prog and I'm on deck of my ship. If I click on any button on the damage tracker, my Pirate moves to THAT spot on deck where my mouseclick was. If my damage tracker window was over the ocean preview window, while docked, I'm instantly dumped back to land. As well, any button I click over (say, sail, depart, or even....LOGOFF) the battle counter is covering, gets clicked on as well.
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do

Posted by Rhoaleper at Jan 11, 2009 4:11:41 PM
I'd like to make a suggestion: A button that, if activated, makes a noise when the ship you're on next sets sail (deactivating itself after that). This is useful if you're in port waiting for jobbers, or sitting on an LP for a break, and sitting on carp or sails (which do not make sounds when they start)
Spheniscine on Obsidian
Was Rhoaleper in all dub oceans, but based in Viridian

Posted by treese at Jan 12, 2009 12:48:41 AM

A button that, if activated, makes a noise when the ship you're on... sets sail

Actually, at first this suggestion doesn't make sense, but after re-reading it, I think it does.

Just a slight little sound when the ship sets sail. I was thinking it would be annoying during league points, but there are soo many times when we sit at a LP for so long that my attention strays to other windows or whatever, and i'm still on puzzle. By the time I realize we're moving, my puzzle meter is all black and blue and uhm... stuck. I wish the game actually made such a sound already, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Not a bad idea.

Edit: Of course, i just realized there is the option to set the game to make sounds for certain keywords. That can be used for the same purpose as well.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Bakerboy1995 at Jan 12, 2009 5:22:56 PM
What are the easter eggs and how do u activate them?

Posted by Rhoaleper at Jan 12, 2009 7:46:40 PM

Edit: Of course, i just realized there is the option to set the game to make sounds for certain keywords. That can be used for the same purpose as well.

That could work in a pinch, but as you said, it'd be annoying to sound every LP. Hence my suggestion that it be a one-time activation, that deactivates itself once it sounds.
Spheniscine on Obsidian
Was Rhoaleper in all dub oceans, but based in Viridian

Posted by AtariRaccoon at Jan 12, 2009 8:45:10 PM

From what I've heard, you need to be on a ship with 3? 4? other pirates running QM as well and everyone with QM running shouts out "Flash Gordon"
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do

Posted by Rehtwol at Jan 13, 2009 5:55:10 AM

The "easter eggs" were for the beta testers who helped find the bugs when QMII was new...

Basically there's a specific trigger (which the beta testers know) that causes QM to do something funny...

All I can tell you is that as far as I know, you can't trigger it alone, you need someone else to help :P

Have fun figuring it out (or maybe Soar will be kind enough to let it slip) ;)
Hi! I'm:
Rehtwol
Of Midsummer Night's Dream
And I seem to be a member of Prestige...

Lotsofgoats says, "(>'.')> learn how to draw a kirby, newb"

Posted by Bakerboy1995 at Jan 13, 2009 3:00:12 PM
Tells are going in to speak/crew

Posted by treese at Jan 13, 2009 9:17:19 PM

All I can tell you is that as far as I know, you can't trigger it alone, you need someone else to help :P

...although one of them is triggerable by an alt account and alt+tab quickly to switch to your main...

/me hums innocently and knows nothing...
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Jacqueline23 at Jan 14, 2009 6:24:50 AM
yup, saw that happening in my QM too lately (i mean that the tells are visible in speak/crew chat)

I dont think i changed any settings, whats causing this?
Jacqie
Captain of the crew Blue Dolphins

"Gaunt Rona says, "Avast! We've been beaten by a rag tag band of fleshy land lubbers. Mother will be furious...""

Posted by LJAmethyst at Jan 14, 2009 7:36:52 AM

yup, saw that happening in my QM too lately (i mean that the tells are visible in speak/crew chat)

I dont think i changed any settings, whats causing this?

Recently a grand overhaul of text strings was performed, and the most noticeable difference is that any instance of "You" changed to "Ye." This caused QM's string matching to fail, notably for tells, which use the word in both directions.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.

Posted by Aaronmann at Jan 16, 2009 12:26:31 AM

I don't think i changed any settings, whats causing this?

Recently a grand overhaul of text strings was performed, and the most noticeable difference is that any instance of "You" changed to "Ye." This caused QM's string matching to fail, notably for tells, which use the word in both directions.

Aye, I think this is what's got the auto. jobbing not to work. QM seems to be not recognizing the tells now that the grammar's been slightly changed. We tried changing it in the English grammar file and still no luck, so it must be within the program somewhere. Help Soar :)

EDIT:

Just read back a couple pages and saw that the issue's already been addressed. For those just joining us, start reading from here:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=64531&offset=530
Aaronmann of the Meridian ocean.

Posted by Soar at Jan 18, 2009 6:23:18 PM
Ahoy!

The public update is coming, I am still alive mates :]

Lazy Januarys FTW!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 19, 2009 10:17:56 PM

Ahoy!

The public update is coming, I am still alive mates :]

Lazy Januarys FTW!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Except tomorrow... Back to school for me (something about thesis, research)... missing the inauguration because of a morning lecture ><"

Looking forward for the next one... we'll stamp out these bugs yet.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Reblinux at Jan 22, 2009 7:47:55 AM
Ahoy mates! I have just recently found QM2.3 - I like what I have used of it so far. I am running Ubuntu Linux 8.4 and seem to have pretty good functionality for pirate and crew tracking. Pirates who left in battle were blacklisted and put on the Paycut list. I have not tried the PTB system, auto chat/response, or quick chat buttons.

Situation - when I log in to QM, I get a popup that tells me "Unable to locate the game client for this pirate. Please ensure your QuarterMaster pirate is the same as you current game pirate." It has Relog and Ignore buttons - clicking the relog button results in the same window popping up, Ignore proceeds to the main window. It seems to function fine after Ignore, so that is what I do.
Question -
What is it looking for when it looks for the game client? I am running PP through Linux directly, rather than WINE. PP through WINE is very laggy.

One other thing I have noticed - my status does not change back to On Land when I leave a vessel.

Edit: I just tried running /who through QM, it didn't work. Text entered in the QM Chat Logs input was pasted into the YPPedia Search window... Something to do with the wine interface, no doubt.

Overall, I like what I see.
Thanks a million,
Rascall on Hunter
Rascall on Hunter

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 22, 2009 4:31:49 PM
QM uses Windows API to identify and manipulate active windows. By running the PP client outside the Windows environment, QM no longer can find the appropriate window because it's enviroment is restricted to the WINE area.

Make sure you are using both the chat log and the yohoho.log. The latter gives 'debug' notes on your location (island, ship, etc.).

Finally, again because of running QM in Wine and PP in Linux, you can't perform any interactive commands (like /who or /plank, or any auto chats).

Sorry that there isn't a work around other than to run both in a windows environment or both in WINE...
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Reblinux at Jan 22, 2009 6:42:34 PM
Sliverspoon
I don't mind that the interactive parts don't work - I am mostly interested in the Blacklist/Paycut/Stats info that it records.
I am using both logs correctly, as far as I can tell.
Can anyone tell me the line that QM looks for to tell it that I have moved back to land?

Thanks again,
Rascall
Rascall on Hunter

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 23, 2009 1:28:44 PM

Sliverspoon
I don't mind that the interactive parts don't work - I am mostly interested in the Blacklist/Paycut/Stats info that it records.
I am using both logs correctly, as far as I can tell.
Can anyone tell me the line that QM looks for to tell it that I have moved back to land?

Thanks again,
Rascall

Blacklist and Pay Cuts depend on your chat log (leaving vessel or planked) and should function normally. Stats depend on if QM can access the internet through WINE (been a while since I tinkered with *nix so I don't remember) and is a straight webpage request. If it does, it should work fine.

Land movement:

The yohoho.log trigger line SHOULD be

<DATE> <TIME> INFO U.info: Setting place view com.threerings.yohoho.island.client.IslandScenePanel (19520119)

where the Date, Time, and numbers can be changed. However, it seems the trigger is not functioning, even when I select to move straight HOME (be it a shop or a house).

Soar will need to update his code when he has the chance.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Reblinux at Jan 27, 2009 5:08:04 PM
Blacklist and Pay Cut both work. So do stats - yes, the internet is accessible through WINE.

Movement to land after a sinking is picked up on by QM - was on a CI yesterday that sank and the status changed.

Thanks,
Rascall
Rascall on Hunter

Posted by SingingBoyo at Jan 29, 2009 3:15:34 PM
There Xebec has not been added, or it is not showing up on my computer. This is rather important in my opinion, as the Xebec has been out for a while. Just thought I'd make sure its not a bug. Thanks!
Kinghenry on Hunter Ocean, of The Mystery Fleet. Once it was WFs, then WBs, now nothing, thanks to the NB. Can we fix that?

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 29, 2009 11:10:02 PM

There Xebec has not been added, or it is not showing up on my computer. This is rather important in my opinion, as the Xebec has been out for a while. Just thought I'd make sure its not a bug. Thanks!

If you have the Official Release (2.3) you need to add the Xebec and Malachite Ocean manually. The instructions are posted here.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by joshth3 at Feb 2, 2009 6:18:33 AM
I can't find the yohoho.log in my C drive and program files.
I tried installing puzzlepirates again but the Three Rings Design file still wasn't there

Can someone help me...?

Ilesy
Cobalt
Officer of Morte

Posted by MrTeatime at Feb 2, 2009 8:13:01 AM
Which OS are you using?

Vista usually puts PP in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Three Rings Design

If it is not there, too, then try the setup utility for ScenePainter. You can can download it here. It will search your system for suitable installations for scenepainter and set the desired one. There is no need to installe or use scenepainter or even finish that setup process. But you will be able to see possible locations of PP.

It is written in Java and bundled into a JAR. To run it just double click it. If Java is installed properly the tool will start.

Here some more info on ScenePainter, if you got curious: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/ScenePainter
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo

Posted by joshth3 at Feb 3, 2009 1:12:30 AM
I'm using a DELL computer, i tried searching Three Rings Design in My computer, it found nothing.

What's the ScenePainter for?
I downloaded it, nothing useful...

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates