mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 1, 2021 1:50:17 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by RA_Mako_AL at Jan 26, 2008 6:43:06 PM
QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
Hey all, I've been having a very weird and confusing problem when doing Atlantis pillies.

When the ship goes into Atlantis I always lose 20-30 people on the crew list, I have usually 70+ before the ship enters Atlantis and once we get in it only will show about 30-40 crew members.

I don't tinker with chat logs, I'm using version 2.2 and I really don't understand why I would be having this problem.

Please help!

Thank ye, Yodaraal.
----------------------------------------
|
|
|
|
|
-->Yodaraal on the Cobalt and Midnight ocean!!
-->Yodayar on the Cobalt ocean!!

Posted by Soar at Jan 26, 2008 9:18:50 PM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support

Hey all, I've been having a very weird and confusing problem when doing Atlantis pillies.

When the ship goes into Atlantis I always lose 20-30 people on the crew list, I have usually 70+ before the ship enters Atlantis and once we get in it only will show about 30-40 crew members.

I don't tinker with chat logs, I'm using version 2.2 and I really don't understand why I would be having this problem.

Please help!

Thank ye, Yodaraal.

The current version 2.2 is not compatible with Atlantis. V2.3 will fix most of the troubles. It should be ready in a few moments....

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Jan 26, 2008 10:18:18 PM
Ahoy Mates!

Finally got it done this weekend. You should get an update notification when you next use QM. All you need to do is download the file and run it.

QuarterMaster V2.3 Patch Notes
--------------------------------------------------------
- Sea monsters of Atlantis have been added to the Vessel Information panel. They are not in the damage counter as it would not be able to track them accurately due to the way they work.
- The longship has been added. Thank you to Aarghbird(Wheebiscuit) of Cobalt for this fix.
- Text messages and /commands sent to the game window should be more reliable now. AutoPlank should work while puzzling again.
- There is now an option to plank everyone regardless of rank in the AutoPlank options.
- Fixed problem with special AutoChat lines being deleted in the options panel.
- Fixed problem causing the My Crew window to display the Captain insignia next to all ranks.
- QM can now detect when you are in an Atlantean sea battle and will adjust the crew updates accordingly. It wont be able to fully update the list like regular battles but it will grab what data it can.
- The manual name entry for the vessel crew list will now clear when inputing a name already on the list.
- Treasure haul payments are now added to your running booty total in the booty manager.
- Fixed bug causing some users to get stuck on the "Crew Loading" screen.
- Fixed problem causing the graphical damage meter to go off the chart in the damage counter.
- Pressing enter in the rum calculator input boxes will now process the values.
- The damage counter will now reset istself upon entering battle.
- Completed the last of the help files. (Please let me know if I missed anyone on the list of beta testers for QM2)
--------------------------------------------------------

There were some concerns about the ram damage numbers. I don't know if the ram damage for Dhow, Baghlah and Longship have not been confirmed yet. The Dhow and Longship have been assigned the same damage as the Sloop and Cutter. The Baghlah has been given the same ram damage as Merchant Brig.
The number discrepancies being seen come from the difference in cannonball sizes. Dhow uses medium cannonballs so it only takes 4 shots to max a sloop, however a sloop uses smalls so it takes about 7.2 shots to max a Dhow. Ram damage is also scaled to cannonbal hits. When the damage counter is set to count in terms of hits this ratio will appear to throw off the numbers when looking only at ram damage, but they are actually correct relative to the cannonball size.

Let me know if you have any trouble mates.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Jan 27, 2008 3:26:29 AM
Ahoy

..errrr, there was a small bug in the damage score broadcasts. So if you have upgraded between the initial 2.3 post above and this post then you will need to re-download to fix it.

All upgrades after this post are fine.

Sorry mates!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by abe27342 at Jan 27, 2008 5:49:08 AM
<3 more QM.. and I just figured out how to get the longships in yesterday, thanks!
Eliteforce
Ruin says, "ooh ooh due to pillagin i went from like 200k to like 800k :D"
Eliteforce says, "Noice"
Eliteforce says, "wait WTF how'd you make 600k on a pillage"
Ruin says, "Ikariam

Posted by chupchup at Jan 27, 2008 8:00:22 AM

There were some concerns about the ram damage numbers. I don't know if the ram damage for Dhow, Baghlah and Longship have not been confirmed yet. The Dhow and Longship have been assigned the same damage as the Sloop and Cutter. The Baghlah has been given the same ram damage as Merchant Brig.

Sounds like the dhow and baghlah numbers would be correct. I still have no confirmed data on Longship rams. The correct place to add this information is YPPedia Ram Damage Template. See also an experimental table of ship hit points.
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

Posted by madad at Jan 27, 2008 8:35:26 AM
I cant find the part on the chat logs that says connect. By this i meen the button that connects you to private chat. I have done it before (a while before). I dont know what version it was but, how do i get it?
Madad on viridian
Senior Officer of Fade to Black
Lord of The Mighty Booch
madude on hunter

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Jan 27, 2008 10:33:01 AM

Sounds like the dhow and baghlah numbers would be correct. I still have no confirmed data on Longship rams. The correct place to add this information is YPPedia Ram Damage Template. See also an experimental table of ship hit points.

Can you define confirmed for me? And what data is needed to fill in the values? I did a bunch of rams of Longships with Sloops and put a recap of that on the discussion page for the Longship on the Yppedia. I realize it is not complete, but I don't know what you need to complete it.

Aarghbird
Captain of Rum by Gum on Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by UreMama at Jan 27, 2008 2:36:14 PM
ok mate the 2.3 is great and all but where it says the gorg damage super ram 12 and ram 4 is that small cbs large cbs med?
just wounder about that and i think your numbers are just a bit off. Is it possible to put the scout lite heavy and elite regeneration rates yet or are they still unknown? Also when it shows the regeneration is that number for what cb used? Considering how u can possibly sink an archelon with a sloop and what not what size is it or possibly ram.
Kory on all oceans, but specifically Viridian

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 28, 2008 1:11:59 AM

I cant find the part on the chat logs that says connect. By this i meen the button that connects you to private chat. I have done it before (a while before). I dont know what version it was but, how do i get it?

Arr, mate! Private chat is no longer supported in QM2 (server-side issues).

Blockade pay, private chat, and mail are all not in QM2.
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by UreMama at Jan 28, 2008 1:19:41 AM
Also its rather odd that u listed the triketos= to the cutter
gorgonyx= war brig
Archelon= War frigate
is this to allow us to use the dmg counter and if it is large cbs the whole way then we could possibly use the dmg counter like that by simply every turn adding the cbs and ram and then possibly removing w/e was regenerated. Its an idea

Posted by Soar at Jan 28, 2008 3:57:30 AM

ok mate the 2.3 is great and all but where it says the gorg damage super ram 12 and ram 4 is that small cbs large cbs med?
just wounder about that and i think your numbers are just a bit off. Is it possible to put the scout lite heavy and elite regeneration rates yet or are they still unknown? Also when it shows the regeneration is that number for what cb used? Considering how u can possibly sink an archelon with a sloop and what not what size is it or possibly ram.

All information relating to the sea monster stats recorded in QM2 can be found here: LINK

The sea monster weapon damage stats and regeneration stats are listed in terms of small cannonballs.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by UreMama at Jan 28, 2008 10:17:26 PM
i see ty for the clarification

Posted by savilpoo at Jan 30, 2008 12:50:02 PM
i ad this problem on both 2.2 and 2.3

1st of i ave no idea how 2 set up chat logs so i put em both as Captinsav_viridian_QuarterMaster.exe (captinsav being my pirate-name). i dont no if thats rite or rong so please help there cause i think thats were all my problems come from

1st problem is my autoplank dosnt work and it dosnt show up when some1 comes aboard the ship on the crew pannal, and it just shows me there.

2nd problem is every 48hrs it says "this chat log is more than 48 hrs old" ect ect

please can u help sort these out

thanks

-sav-
Captinsav of Viridian.

Posted by maxdsterling at Jan 30, 2008 4:58:34 PM
QM asks for 2 chat logs.

The first is the one from the client. You should save it to a place in your documents folder and call it log.txt or something like that. This way PP will create logs in the form of pirate name_ocean_log.txt

This file will then be properly recognized as a text file (not executable! *DANGEROUS* <-- okay not really, but very bad practice)

Second is yohoho.log

XP users (who downloaded the installer) is c:\program files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates\

Vista users is somewhere locked up in <User>\App Data\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates or something similar (don't have Vista- still don't like it).

Once you fix the chat logs, it should eliminate both problems, though you should make sure you turn autoplank on and log on your pirate before starting QM to ensure the log is up to date.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by savilpoo at Jan 31, 2008 8:08:11 AM
Ty SOOO much, well the auto-plank dont work but it now picks up ppl when they come aboard my ship and it all works apart from that (from what i no of) thx maxdsterling

-sav-
Captinsav of Viridian.

Posted by savilpoo at Feb 1, 2008 8:24:50 AM
well i found out how to work auto-plank, for some reason enable PTB has to be unchecked and it works lol

thx

sav
Captinsav of Viridian.

Posted by heather1a at Feb 21, 2008 8:57:09 AM

I still cannot get it to detect my crew by auto detect or manually typing in my crew ID

How do you FIND your Crew ID Number?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Heatherreece
SO Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Midnight Ocean

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Feb 21, 2008 9:59:12 AM

I still cannot get it to detect my crew by auto detect or manually typing in my crew ID

How do you FIND your Crew ID Number?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Check out this link.

- Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by _Tirian_ at Feb 26, 2008 12:08:44 PM

I had that problem a few days ago myself with the latest version. I wonder if it isn't seeing the winners in a fray and deciding that that is the entire crew...?

I'd also like to propose a new feature that might be a little delicate, which would be help sorting through the jobbers. Ideally it would let you set conditions for auto-jobbing people, based on a certain quality of stats or being on the gold list. If not, then at least it could display the stats of the pirate if we know them and give us the opportunity to load the stats for the ones we don't. It would sure make elite pillages easier to manage.
Tirian on Viridian

Posted by maxdsterling at Feb 26, 2008 9:59:32 PM

I'd also like to propose a new feature that might be a little delicate, which would be help sorting through the jobbers. Ideally it would let you set conditions for auto-jobbing people, based on a certain quality of stats or being on the gold list. If not, then at least it could display the stats of the pirate if we know them and give us the opportunity to load the stats for the ones we don't. It would sure make elite pillages easier to manage.

We really don't want to put unneeded stress on the yoweb server to request the stats of each pirate, in any mode, which is why the current system is in place.

A semi-restricted auto-jobber may be buggy due to the sporadic and sparse data...
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by _Tirian_ at Feb 27, 2008 5:03:43 AM

We really don't want to put unneeded stress on the yoweb server to request the stats of each pirate, in any mode, which is why the current system is in place.

I agree that reducing stress on the server is a good thing, but when I'm jobbing for an elite pillage I'm already checking the stats of every pirate who applies. If QM managed that data on my behalf, checks would only be made on applying pirates whose data hasn't been collected in the past seven days, including the cases where I forget my place in the list and check the same pirate multiple times, or the same pirate applies multiple times during the pillage, or I job a pirate but need to check their stats mid-voyage because I need a gunner now.

Even if the data weren't auto-collected but required a right-click from the (hypothetical) "Recruit" tab instead of YPP's "Ahoy" tab, it's the same load on the server while still giving the same data persistence. I am definitely behind the notion that you don't want QM2 to be a resource for people who want to check the skills of everyone in their crew every six hours, but I would argue that the speed at which people apply for job postings is not an unreasonable burden for the server and provides highly relevant information.

----

And actually, now that I look at it, you're killing the server by not looking it up for me. :P I just checked my user info page online -- the HTML is 14K, but in displaying it, it also had to transmit my 19K portrait and another 20K in trophy images. Maybe the YPP client caches trophy images over the life of the gaming session, but even so we're talking about me currently making large unnecessary HTTP requests that QM2 would have the courtesy not to request.
Tirian on Viridian

Posted by Soar at Feb 27, 2008 12:59:34 PM
Ahoy

Currently I'm in the planning stage for a V2.4 release. I haven't started coding anything yet. It may take some time as I was wanting to play the game for a while before doing another patch.

I've noted down fixes for bugs reported on this thread so far.

The restrictions given for access of the yoweb are 1 hit per second. That is for all QM users combined. So far OOO hasn't contacted me to tell me it's going over this limit yet.

I'll have a think over the current system and see if I can come up with something. As you said QM could make things lighter by only requesting text, as apposed to image data which the game client loads. The down side would be that if QM makes is easier to screen jobbers, then the practice would become more popular and so raise the load on the servers. I'll work something out and run it by the devs.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by _Tirian_ at Feb 27, 2008 2:24:07 PM

I'll work something out and run it by the devs.

If we've got a sympathetic dev, we could really work some magic. Honestly, we aren't looking for much data out of the info page: even accounting for loads of future development we could hardly want more than your crew rank, flag rank, navy rank, and (ocean-wide only) skill and experience for all eighteen puzzles -- let's call it twenty-one for lulz to account for three new crafting puzzles into the future. It wouldn't be at all unobvious to encode that into twenty-two bytes of raw data. That's really easy on their pipes in exchange for a new script to encode the data into such a highly compressed form.

And for the piece de resistance, add in thirteen characters for the pirate name, multiply that by the number of pirates logged in to the ocean, and you can get the stats of anyone who would apply for your job with less throughput than a single ordinary info page lookup. It would obviously take a little startup work on their side to build and cache that table, but it should payoff for them in a tremendous reduction in overall bandwidth, at least for people who are using QM2.
Tirian on Viridian

Posted by maxdsterling at Feb 27, 2008 4:43:45 PM
I suggest you take it up in Game Design as a suggestion.

I don't know how much extra coding/database resources/server resources it would require, since I don't know how their database is set up, or how often the pages are (or would want to be) updated , etc...

My only pessimistic view would be, why? Unless Three Rings can see a decent reason to alter the method of posting player info for everyone's bandwidth benefit, then they really don't have the reasons to make alterations to the game to solely benefit the workings of a third party program. It's just not going to benefit the entire PP universe, compared to the number that use QM2.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Soar at Feb 28, 2008 12:02:14 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of what could be done on the QM side. I really doubt the Devs would alter anything for a 3rd party app.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by dulcinea2168 at Feb 28, 2008 10:34:43 AM
Soar/Tailspin ... I was wondering if it's possible to work the auto chat interface so that you could set it up for shouting? You know, so that you could include the /sh at the begining of the specific auto chat line and it would then show up as shouted when you chose that line (i.e. box 1: /sh Welcome to Atlantis, here are our ship rules for defending and TH'ing ... ).

I'm thinking specifically of the benefits for Atlantean and Flotilla usage, where the commanding officers (Bnav, XO, and MAA) have standardized ship/TH rules to convey and use the /sh feature as a means to differentiate their commands from the general ship chatter. (Yes, this could be 'abused' by some QM users, but I think the general mores of the social portion of the game would preclude too many people from putting the majority of their auto chat in shout mode.) Currently the officers have to manually type the same info repeatedly when they review the ship rules when they rejob and this seems inefficient.

Having no real clue about the coding process, I'm not even sure this can be done, but thought I'd ask.

Thank you for your consideration,
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

Posted by Soar at Feb 28, 2008 2:10:34 PM

Soar/Tailspin ... I was wondering if it's possible to work the auto chat interface so that you could set it up for shouting? You know, so that you could include the /sh at the begining of the specific auto chat line and it would then show up as shouted when you chose that line (i.e. box 1: /sh Welcome to Atlantis, here are our ship rules for defending and TH'ing ... ).

I'm thinking specifically of the benefits for Atlantean and Flotilla usage, where the commanding officers (Bnav, XO, and MAA) have standardized ship/TH rules to convey and use the /sh feature as a means to differentiate their commands from the general ship chatter. (Yes, this could be 'abused' by some QM users, but I think the general mores of the social portion of the game would preclude too many people from putting the majority of their auto chat in shout mode.) Currently the officers have to manually type the same info repeatedly when they review the ship rules when they rejob and this seems inefficient.

Having no real clue about the coding process, I'm not even sure this can be done, but thought I'd ask.

Thank you for your consideration,

This is already possible by entering the "/shout" command before the line of text in the auto chat set up screen.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by dulcinea2168 at Feb 29, 2008 9:48:00 PM
It is? Sweet! When I was musing about that the other day (when I was asked to MAA the first time), a hearty told me that the shout command didn't work with the auto chat. Because they are more experienced with QM than I am I accepted their word for it and never bothered to check it myself.

Just to clarify, though - do you have to type "/shout" fully, or will the standard "/sh" do the trick too?

Thanks for your help, Soar. I appreciate it. :)
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

Posted by Soar at Feb 29, 2008 11:55:07 PM

It is? Sweet! When I was musing about that the other day (when I was asked to MAA the first time), a hearty told me that the shout command didn't work with the auto chat. Because they are more experienced with QM than I am I accepted their word for it and never bothered to check it myself.

Just to clarify, though - do you have to type "/shout" fully, or will the standard "/sh" do the trick too?

Thanks for your help, Soar. I appreciate it. :)

Anything that works in the PP chat buffer should work in auto chat

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates