mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 26, 2021 6:31:24 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Soar at Mar 22, 2009 8:51:01 AM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support

Ok. Manual updating seems to work. I just have 2 minor issues remaining:

- The installer seems to create a directory PirateTrainer Course.txt. That should be a file from the zipfile.

- The big GF-image is the one of a Xebec.

Beyond that its seems to work now.

Ok I sorted out the GF image problem in the current patch file. There is a GF image file in the zip file too, but you'll probably need to download it again.

I couldn't find the Pirate trainer directory problem though. Could someone verify that it is happening with the current patch file :
http://www.oceaneer.com/QM2BetaUpdate.exe

Also is anyone else having troubles with the current patch "V2.4a"?

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by treese at Mar 22, 2009 2:32:07 PM
I'm having the weirdest problem.

I downloaded the bad patch the other day when it was first posted and i can't seem to get the actual 2.4 installer package to work now.

This is what happens:
I dl the package, I go to install the package, install shield runs and i get the message: "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue." blah blah, remove old version thru add/remove on control panel...

Ok, so I go there... and no remove/change button... for any installed program. If yer wondering... I am the admin... I'm the only one using this computer, and have never seen this before.. I checked under control panel/users and it's set properly.

So, no dice that way...

I open the installed version of QM, and i get the update notification, click download, navigate to my original QM file, it updates, no error messages, and it closes... I open QM again, and i get the update notification again... lather rinse repeat.. nothing changes. And it says version 2.3 at the top.

Restart the computer... same deal.
----------------------------------------
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)

Posted by Kartesk at Mar 22, 2009 2:37:07 PM
Patch V2.4a works good for my needs by now :)
Thanks.

But a small question, too.

What do i need to do to get it running on German Language, too ?

If i change to German Language (playing on Opal Server / German) always getting a can't find Server message.
If i change ingame language to English then it works just fine.

Regards,

Kartesk

Posted by Soar at Mar 22, 2009 6:19:07 PM

I'm having the weirdest problem.

I downloaded the bad patch the other day when it was first posted and i can't seem to get the actual 2.4 installer package to work now.

This is what happens:
I dl the package, I go to install the package, install shield runs and i get the message: "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue." blah blah, remove old version thru add/remove on control panel...

Ok, so I go there... and no remove/change button... for any installed program. If yer wondering... I am the admin... I'm the only one using this computer, and have never seen this before.. I checked under control panel/users and it's set properly.

So, no dice that way...

I open the installed version of QM, and i get the update notification, click download, navigate to my original QM file, it updates, no error messages, and it closes... I open QM again, and i get the update notification again... lather rinse repeat.. nothing changes. And it says version 2.3 at the top.

Restart the computer... same deal.

I'm not sure why you are not getting the remove button under your Windows control panel. Perhaps someone else can help you with that one. It does sound like a setting somewhere in Windows is not correct.

I can help you get your QM going again with V2.4a though.

First you need to download the zip file form this link : QM V2.4a Zip File

When you open it you will see the full QuarterMaster program all laid out in the correct folders. Everything will be in a main "QuarterMaster" folder.
Drop that QuarterMaster folder directly in to your main drive, usually C: drive, so that it is a top level folder there. It's ok to over-write any files that may already be there.

Inside that folder you will find a copy of "QuarterMaster.exe". Use this each time you want to load up QM. You can also create new shortcuts to this file on your desktop and start menu etc. Be sure to delete any old shortcuts before you do though.

Hope this helps

RE: Kartesk

We never got the German version to work unfortunately. sorry about that.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by treese at Mar 22, 2009 10:01:41 PM
Seems fixed now. I downloaded and extracted the file and actually copied them over my existing files, leaving the user folder intact.

All seems to work now. And i still have access to my blacklist, gold list and auto chats... woot!

Thanks for the help! I would have not thought to do that without your post above.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Highstro at Mar 25, 2009 11:44:48 AM
I'm having a little problem. When I hit the refresh ship crew list it looks like it starts to work. It opens up the Players Online just like I typed /w and then Highlights the top box, (Players Online, greeters & Oceanmasters) Then I get QM has Failed to refresh the crewlist. I reinstalled the 2.4 update, still no luck. It looks like the refresh is copying the wrong section of the Players Online. It should check the second section down instead of the first.

Posted by treese at Mar 25, 2009 2:26:15 PM
Refreshing in QM2 looks for the first instance of your name in the /who response. When you are on greeter /du, your name will appear in 2 places, the first one listing the greeters.

Refreshing while off greeter duty should work.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Highstro at Mar 25, 2009 3:12:28 PM
Went off Duty but this time I didn't see anything highlight in Players online. Still Failed. Good thought.

Posted by treese at Mar 25, 2009 8:41:29 PM
Hmmm, that's what happened when i had the same issue..

I did notice that recently, before the live update for everyone, getting a working refresh was sporadic for me. I'd make sure off duty, on a ship, click refresh and wait... and error message. No reasonable explanation.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by treese at Mar 26, 2009 12:53:35 AM
Apologies for double posting...

I'm helping a hearty get her QM set up, she's having issues, and while waiting, i decided to test the latest beta for the pirate trainer error. (just for S&G's).

I couldn't find the Pirate trainer directory problem though. Could someone verify that it is happening with the current patch file :
http://www.oceaneer.com/QM2BetaUpdate.exe

Dl'd the patch just fine, seems ok, i click on Pirate trainer, and the message i get is: "Cannot create file C:\Program Files\Quartermaster\PirateTrainer\Courses.txt"

(yes, i changed my default location to Program Files to try and keep the C directory neat and tidy.

I manually navigated to the PirateTraner folder and it's empty.

I click ok or cancel, i get the trainer window, and an error message: "QuarterMaster was unable to find a valid file for this training course."

I click the install button which directs me to the Packages folder, which evidently is also empty.

There are, however, files in the Basic-Officer training, Characters, SavedFiles, and Trade-Run-Training folders.

Also, fyi, I just upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium 2 days ago from XP Media Center. I did notice that Vista treats file locations differently from XP, such as the Three Rings game program folder went to C:\Users\Tammy\AppData\Roaming\Three Rings Design vs C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design on XP.

But bear with me, I'm still getting to know Vista's little perks and quirks. And to think, another new flavor of Windows is projected to be released over the summer!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Soar at Mar 27, 2009 8:00:59 AM

Dl'd the patch just fine, seems ok, i click on Pirate trainer, and the message i get is: "Cannot create file C:\Program Files\Quartermaster\PirateTrainer\Courses.txt".....

Does this error pop up when you run the patch, or when you attempt to open the pirate trainer by pressing the "Trainer" button inside QM?

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Highstro at Mar 27, 2009 1:50:12 PM
vessel refresh still isn't work. any help?

Posted by treese at Mar 27, 2009 3:41:35 PM

Does this error pop up when you run the patch, or when you attempt to open the pirate trainer by pressing the "Trainer" button inside QM?

I believe it occured when pressing the "Trainer" button insde QM.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Highstro at Mar 27, 2009 8:08:50 PM
I don't know what's changed but its working now. TY

Posted by Loren_S at Mar 30, 2009 8:37:11 AM
Sometimes the crew-refresh button does not work. The /who comes up be QM can't highlight and copy the crewlist. Had that all the way from the beta but could not find a way to pinpoint it.

Now I noticed that it did not work when Heph was the OM on duty. This caused the upper segment to linebreak. Maybe the pointer is not correctly placed in the operation?
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage

Posted by zandcool at Mar 31, 2009 7:56:29 AM
Ahoy,
I've just downloaded QM.
Its an amazing program u should be proud of.
But i've got a question where to find something, if it even exists.

I've been looking for : Automatic Jobbing , and then i dont mean when pirates say /tell job me to you. But when they job trough the Notice Board. I would like to be able to keep jobbing while being afk for a little while.

I thank you for your respond..

Fair winds, Columbuz

Posted by Kartesk at Apr 1, 2009 6:27:33 AM

RE: Kartesk

We never got the German version to work unfortunately. sorry about that.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Maybe it helps getting it to work ;)

I looked some through the Code and Logs, and Changed a little Thing in German.txt Languagefile, and the Error Message disapeared :)

Saddenly it seems it wasn't the only error, cause afterwards it still crashes ;( but as i said the could not find Server disappear.

Changes i did :

Config File :

NATIVE LANGUAGES
----------
Opal=German

German File :

******Puzzle Piraten******

old ******Puzzle Pirates******

not sure if needed, but the other thing i reconize was, there is only one diffrent in the yoohoolog from eng to ger

[url=http://content.puzzlepirates.com/pirate_news/main_de.jsp?
[url=http://content.puzzlepirates.com/pirate_news/story1_de.jsp?
[url=http://content.puzzlepirates.com/pirate_news/story2_de.jsp?

anything else is 100% Identical

Maybe there is still a chance to get it to German, as i LOVE this Prog.

I would look deeper in the "New" Crash Error, but saddenly i have no Clue what is causing the Crash after the Server is identified correctly now...

But by now it seems the new crash has to do with the Names of Crewranks... like Cabin Person / Kabinenpersonal

Regards
Kartesk
Opal

P.S.: Numberscount in German Language is incorrect, but same error after correcting the Numbers

P.S.: Prog starts Normal by the above changes, and then Freezes.
Oh and in the Chat aprears : Blub Blub your Ship sunk

Posted by Kartesk at Apr 2, 2009 10:36:25 AM
Oh and one other thing, not sure if it is possible...

I use QM for Infos about the jobbing NPC, too.

SO i look what kind of Weapon they have and if i like them i se them to Gold List.
Works well, rejobbing same NPC anywhere inform about entering the "Gold" NPC.
So no need to "check" Weapon again.

The Other i put on Perma Blacklist.
In the Beginning there was a Notice about them reapearing, too.
But now it isn't anymore...
Maybe i just have to much on this list with almost 200 NPC now ^^ ?

What i am looking for is, is it possible to insert a function to choose to autokick "Perma Blacklisted" when they enter the Ship ?
And regain new NPC ?

By now i do this with every single NPC by myself, but it takes long to get a "good" Crew together for Single Raiding this way.

Whould be great if possible, would speed up this a lot.

Regards

Kartesk
Opal

Posted by Hissy3 at Apr 12, 2009 6:45:56 PM
idk mate lol in version 2 i hit the update the vessel list and it reads the pirate onling and greeters OM's section not the section with the ppl on the ship whats my problem?
Hissy is not to be taken seriously because he is insane, but don't tell him that =x

Posted by treese at Apr 14, 2009 4:41:47 AM
Try refreshing after you /du off. That should work. QM looks for the first instance of your name when it /who's you for the current ship you are on. When on greeter duty, it will read that list instead.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Rob147147 at Apr 14, 2009 3:04:36 PM
I've noticed the refresh button will always fail if the name of the oceanmaster goes onto a third line

E.g.
Players Online: XXXX
Oceanmasters:
<Name>

But it will always work in the example below

Players Online: XXXX
Oceanmasters: <Name>

Therefore the problem must be in locating the vessel name/start of the pirate names in the /w window

Posted by Wyrenyth at Apr 16, 2009 1:49:10 AM
Just want to reiterate that having that greeter duty on WILL bork the QM refresh.

Definitely just went through three hours of head-desking trying to figure out what the heck was going on, only to finally realize both the people having problems were greeters. Hurray for intelligence on my part. >.>

What use is social stature on the internet? That's like being the biggest chicken at the chicken plant. Whooooo!

Posted by Rob147147 at Apr 16, 2009 5:45:57 AM
Yes being an on duty greeter will break it.

The cases i posted above were when i was off duty. I use QM everyday and whether refresh works or not follows what i stated 100%.

Posted by perfectteen at May 13, 2009 2:03:22 PM
I've been having problems with the Damage Counter. The image, really, since it still works nonetheless.

I've tried reinstalling, updating, deleting the old Damage Counter image in the HelpProject\Images (although I don't know why I thought that would help), and removing it from the QM folder. No matter if I run in through QM or independently, I still get the counter looking like that. It's a bit annoying when all the buttons are doubled yet only one set works...was it something I did?

Nemesis broadcasts,

"The skellies are on the move. All hail Nemesis."

Posted by treese at May 13, 2009 4:45:15 PM
Ooh, ty for reminding me about the damage counter!!!

I for one would like to see the old implementation of the DC return. I realize that the main reason it was changed was to allow multiple counters appear at once when going for various ships such as in Flotilla situations... Does anyone actually use this???? It would seem rather pointless since there is no grapple, and repair rates can vary depending on many different variables.

I know someone in the past has also requested that it show Atlantis Sea monsters on it as well, this was not implemented in the latest updates as far as i can tell (I'm totally not complaining!)...again, I'm still not seeing the point.

Going after a particular target in a sinking situation? Just hit it till it sinks. Plain and simple!

The old DC was much easier to use, and less confusing. Just more convenient.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by maxdsterling at May 13, 2009 5:49:28 PM
The original reason for extending the DC for multiple use was to allow users to track multiple ships on multi-ship/monster boards.

Obviously, instead of a repair button, a "clear all" button would be better...

I cannot reproduce perfectteen's problem and therefore I can't suggest much other than possibly download the latest .NET framework from Microsoft Update (3.5 service pack 1).... etc...
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by treese at May 13, 2009 11:59:11 PM

The original reason for extending the DC for multiple use was to allow users to track multiple ships on multi-ship/monster boards.

Do folks actually use it though?
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by MrTeatime at May 14, 2009 7:39:25 AM

But you can't choose any monster in the current Damage Counter. Info for monsters is available in the main window though.

Obviously, instead of a repair button, a "clear all" button would be better...

How would "clear all" be different from "Reset"?
But I don't get the purpose of the repair buttons either. "Undo" would be more useful in case you misclicked.
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo

Posted by maxdsterling at May 14, 2009 11:03:02 PM

How would "clear all" be different from "Reset"?
But I don't get the purpose of the repair buttons either. "Undo" would be more useful in case you misclicked.

Ah, I misspoke, Undo, was the button i was looking for.

Either way, if the DC was standalone or not, it would be the same program. Of course, Soar attempted to make it better because a few members liked the altered buttons (although I didn't advocate ditching the 'undo' one).

I'm not sure if he's still working on it, so we'll have to make due in the mean time.
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by Rompinrabbit at May 18, 2009 10:45:12 AM
hey ive had qm on for a while , ive got 2 problems , my damage counter doesnt register automaticaaly , and also i was told u can changed the sounds of some activities , but i cant seem to find the sound files
i welcome the chase

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates