mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 26, 2021 5:15:22 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by MrTeatime at Feb 3, 2009 7:53:44 AM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
Have a look at the YPPedia page I linked in my last post. ScenePainter is like Yohoho Tools, but it's not restricted to background stuff. You can also create pirate models. But for your issue you don't need to use that. The setup utility should do the job of finding your PP installation directory. When it found your installation just quit it without using the button to "install" ScenePainter.

Try searching for getdown.txt on your system or right click the YPP icon and look for the working directory where the link points to. Don't look for the command, because it will point to your Java installation.
----------------------------------------
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo

Posted by joshth3 at Feb 5, 2009 3:52:57 AM
Done, got it thanks MrTeatime!!!!

WOOT!!!

Ilesy
Cobalt

Posted by BlackBeth at Feb 9, 2009 8:49:50 AM

When right clicking on a pirate to load their info, I've periodically gotten a popup window telling me "Cannot Paste to Clipboard". Doesn't seem easy to reproduce, nor have i seen it often. And when i do see it, a simple repeat of what i was doing before the message appeared worked fine. Could be a simple fix, but not sure how much it's worth fudging with if it's not.

I've got an idea on what's causing this. I'll put in code to fix what I think may be going wrong and hopefully it will work out ok.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

More info, in case it helps:

I had a bunch of clipboard problems while acting as a JC in a blockade yesterday.

-- Several times, when hitting an autochat button, QM sent out an old "/job Piratex" instead. (Resulting in me getting a "Piratex is already in your crew" message, much to my surprise.)

-- A couple times instead of sending out an autojob, QM sent out the last thing I had copy/pasted before the blockade. (I imagine many people wondered why I was spamming the ship I was on with the link to a pottery website!)

-- A couple times, after hopping on a new ship and hitting the clear button on the popup about clearing the crew list, I got a windows error saying that it couldn't access the clipboard.

All these happened very intermittantly; for the most part, all the functions worked. But sometimes...

In other news, thankyou thankyou thankyou for fixing that thing where the chat style cycled with each autochat. It was driving me up a wall :-) QM just keeps getting better and better and we apprectiate all your hard work!
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict

Posted by Bakerboy1995 at Feb 21, 2009 8:28:43 PM
The tell thing needs to be updated and
whay does when using any kind of chat in QM it change the puzzle pirate chat window thing

Posted by maxdsterling at Feb 22, 2009 11:49:20 PM

The tell thing needs to be updated and
whay does when using any kind of chat in QM it change the puzzle pirate chat window thing

These problems have already been flagged and processed. The latest beta version deals with the chat cycle, and perhaps the tell flag as well (i forget and too tired from being @ the Auto Club 500 to check it now).

The link to the beta updater and the release notes are further up the thread.
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by Bakerboy1995 at Feb 23, 2009 3:57:17 PM
thanks i'll look for it

Posted by PKing78 at Feb 25, 2009 4:44:42 AM
Hi....I'm new to QM II and when asked for my chat log and yohoho log I entered what I think is right. But, then when opening QM II it has an error box which says "Unable to locate the game client for this pirate. Please ensure your QuarterMaster pirate is the same as your current game pirate" When I go back to the options to check the chat log and yohoho log boxes they have been reset to not what I entered. The remember settings box is ticked. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I am going wrong? Frenella (Cobalt) Sorry for the poor description!

Posted by kaoma at Feb 25, 2009 1:32:27 PM
is there a way to remove 1 or 2 silly hearties who planked each other from my black list without clearing the whole list?
Orchidee, on Cerulean and all other oceans

Don't call me Orc! I'm a flower not a beast

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Feb 25, 2009 2:03:21 PM

is there a way to remove 1 or 2 silly hearties who planked each other from my black list without clearing the whole list?

Open the Black List, right click the names individually, and click Remove. This should do it for ye.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Feb 25, 2009 2:18:07 PM

Hi....I'm new to QM II and when asked for my chat log and yohoho log I entered what I think is right. But, then when opening QM II it has an error box which says "Unable to locate the game client for this pirate. Please ensure your QuarterMaster pirate is the same as your current game pirate" When I go back to the options to check the chat log and yohoho log boxes they have been reset to not what I entered. The remember settings box is ticked. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I am going wrong? Frenella (Cobalt) Sorry for the poor description!

Frenella - I have not seen this error, so I am not sure what is happening when you try to start QM2.

- Can you get the program to run after the error message appears?

- Can you start the program if you don't reset the log file locations?

- Have you checked in YPP! Options to see if you have the right location for your logs? They should have datestamps equal to the last time you logged in / off.

- In what directory location did you install QM2?

I am hoping that with a little more information, we can help you fix the problem.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by kaoma at Feb 27, 2009 2:24:40 PM
thank you very much Aarghbird :)
Orchidee, on Cerulean and all other oceans

Don't call me Orc! I'm a flower not a beast

Posted by Soar at Mar 20, 2009 3:16:27 AM
Ahoy

There have been some changes to the way the game client handles the Yohoho.log file in the last patch. It stops QM from connecting to the file so I put in some coding to fix it.

I think this should be stable enough to publish openly now. You will get the update prompt when you next open QM. All you need to do is save the downloaded file to your disk and then run it.

Here are the patch notes again...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QuarterMaster V2.4 Patch Notes.

- Chat log age detection has been set to 30 days and will no longer stop QM from running. A warning will still be displayed however.
- Double firing of AutoChat messages when using the /aa - /tt chat commands has been fixed.
- The Abort button has been removed from the loading screen, as it never worked anyways. I'll have a look at putting it back in a later update.
- There is a new icon next to the ship status display that can be used to specify when you are in Atlantis. Turning it on when in Atlantis (blue trident icon) will stop QM from clearing your vessel list after a fray. QM should be able to detect when you are in Atlantis automatically, but if it doesn't just click the trident icon to turn your Atlantis status on manually.
- There is a now a "Cheat" button on the stat check window of the Pirate Trainer. Pressing this while the trainer is checking your stats will allow you to pass through to the next step of the course, skipping the check.
- Text messages sent from QM to PP should no longer mess up the chat display settings in PP.
- The "List index out of bounds" error during crew loading should no longer occur. Please note QM still does not support multiple instancing of either QM or PP. Now that the Yohoho.log clears when you have more than one instance of PP open, it's pretty much guaranteed QM will also get messed up.
- The Xebec data has been included.
- The Malachite Ocean has been added.
- Personal booty totaling should now include just about every PoE you get on a voyage. This data will also be displayed on the Booty reset prompt when the ship splits the booty chest or sinks.
- The booty chest cut has been adjusted to 50%. This data can now be modified in the QM's config.txt file.
- The damage counter is now a separate application (QMDamageCounter.exe). It is in the main QuarterMaster installation directory. You can run multiple instances of the damage counter now. All instances will communicate damage taken to your own ship to each other. Enemy ship damage will of course be kept independent. The damage counter does not require the main QM program to be open, but it does require use of its config.txt file and must remain in QM main installation directory.
- In order for multiple damage counters to be able to work together the "Undo" button had to be removed. It has been replaced by two "Repair" buttons (one for each ship). Pressing the Repair button will restore one cannonball hit of the appropriate size.
- The Universal Pirate checkbox state is now saved for later logins.
- Text in the Windows clipboard will no longer be lost when QM sends a message to the PP client.
- There is now an option to have QM automatically add boarding pirates to the stat loading queue. This will not work for pirates found during full vessel list updates, only ones who you actually see board.
- Third party jobbing has been reactivated and reworked. It will now only ever send one jobbing invite to the same pirate. Subsequent requests will send a /tell back to the initiating pirate, asking them to have the third party apply in person. The trigger for third party jobbing is "job PirateName", over tell or general chat. There is a sub-option under the regular Auto Jobbing option to have it turned off. The list of people who have already been sent job invites is cleared every time you reset the Auto Jobbing option, or reload QM.
- There is now a "Refresh" button for the vessel list. It should fully update everyone on your ship, anytime you need to. You must be standing on the ship, and out of puzzle for it to work correctly. It's simulates mouse clicks and a copy/paste operation to retrieve the data so its best not to do anything while it's working.
- Several of the ship images on the information display panel have been cleaned up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also fixed the reported problems with the clipboard hopefully.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by tlz_allen at Mar 20, 2009 9:58:31 AM
I'm getting no tones for tells now. Help! I get tones for Royalty chat though, so I think the QM may have slipped back to before they changed the /tell language.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders

Posted by EZTammy at Mar 20, 2009 10:42:58 AM
Soar wrote: 
I think this should be stable enough to publish openly now. You will get the update prompt when you next open QM. All you need to do is save the downloaded file to your disk and then run it.

I was running the beta version of QM then today I got the popup for the QM patch, but it patched me to V2.3 instead of V2.4. When I save the QM V2.4 and try to install it I get the error message "Another version of this progam is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue." It then suggested that I uninstall the older verstion then install this version, but when I went to my control panel to uninstall it I can't even do that when I click on QM in my list of programs.
Each time I open up my QM now after it patched me to V2.3 I get the update notification notice again but when I try to update it again it still says it will patch me to V2.3.
Please help I want V2.4 so I'm update with the current version.
Ladyfinger
Senior Officer of Six Pounders

Posted by BlackBeth at Mar 20, 2009 10:47:15 AM

I was running the beta version of QM then today I got the popup for the QM patch, but it patched me to V2.3 instead of V2.4. When I save the QM V2.4 and try to install it I get the error message "Another version of this progam is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue." It then suggested that I uninstall the older verstion then install this version, but when I went to my control panel to uninstall it I can't even do that when I click on QM in my list of programs.
Each time I open up my QM now after it patched me to V2.3 I get the update notification notice again but when I try to update it again it still says it will patch me to V2.3.
Please help I want V2.4 so I'm update with the current version.

What she said. I know the "older version" comment comes because from the website it downlads the full program, not a patch. But I'd like to patch to V2.4!
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict

Posted by EZTammy at Mar 20, 2009 11:24:10 AM
Also after my QM patched to V2.3 from the beta I was running and using I now have no sound that I use to have. They are all checked in QM that I want but no sound anymore. :(
Ladyfinger

Posted by soulfood at Mar 20, 2009 6:11:04 PM
Hey!

I just re-downloaded QM tonight, had the old version on my computer. When I auto-job somebody, it jobs them, but I get an error on my QM screen that pops up saying "Cannot access clipboard." Any idea what the issue is here?
~Shannal~
SO Barnacle for Brains
Future Queen of Riot if things go my way...

Beautiful avatar made by Adida!

Posted by Soar at Mar 20, 2009 8:32:18 PM
Ahoy!

Arrrr! Sorry about that!

I put the wrong version up. The correct one should be up there now. The next time you download the update it should go to 2.4 correctly and so shouldn't ask you to update again each time you load QM.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by EZTammy at Mar 20, 2009 10:09:14 PM

Ahoy!

Arrrr! Sorry about that!

I put the wrong version up. The correct one should be up there now. The next time you download the update it should go to 2.4 correctly and so shouldn't ask you to update again each time you load QM.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Thank ye Mate. Everything is working good now. YARR!
Ladyfinger

Posted by tnfulk at Mar 21, 2009 11:06:42 AM
in V2.4 trying to run the damage counter. when it loads, generates an error: Cannot find C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates\Config.txt

and therefore doesn't work.

I tried copying the config.txt file from the QM directory, and that generates a infinite repeating error box telling me that Sloop is not an integer.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Kildar
SO of Beyond the Horizon
What Lies Beyond

Do you really want to know what's wrong.......or do you just want me to fix it?

Posted by Loren_S at Mar 21, 2009 11:17:44 AM
I get the same problem as tnfulk. It searches for the Config directory in somehow in the yoholog directory. Why it configures it to the chatlog dir for me is also strange.

Copying the previsuous (beta) Damagecounter exe shows the same behaviour under final 2.4. Patching back to 2.4 beta clears it. So something is still strange here.
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage

Posted by Strider399 at Mar 21, 2009 3:01:28 PM
Ahoy! Because this thread is many pages long, and I don't have the time to read through it at the moment... apologies if I repeat this idea.

How about have Quartermaster, (working off the chat logs) check someones stats and job them if they meet a certain stat requirement?

Normally logs of someone applying are not seen, unless you're sitting on the Navigation station (or any other station I believe). I'm not up to date on rules regarding using QM to "auto-job", and if that is bannable disregard my suggestion.

I'd include a bit more detail, but I'm slightly busy at the moment...
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else

Posted by KnightShade4 at Mar 21, 2009 5:12:10 PM
also having an issue finding the config file i hope this gets fixed soon i can't imagine pillaging without it anymore.
Yarrh of Hunter
Captain of Dragon Booty

Posted by Soar at Mar 21, 2009 8:16:12 PM

in V2.4 trying to run the damage counter. when it loads, generates an error: Cannot find C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates\Config.txt

and therefore doesn't work.

I tried copying the config.txt file from the QM directory, and that generates a infinite repeating error box telling me that Sloop is not an integer.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Working on this one today. It's probably due to the new Yohoho.log file detection system.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Mar 21, 2009 9:54:29 PM
Ahoy.

I just uploaded a fix for the error happening when trying to load the damage counter. Ver 2.4a.

Sorry for the second update everyone :]

For those keeping records, QM now maintains a windows registry key of its installation directory at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\QuarterMaster\QMInstallDir
It should still operate on a stand-alone basis though, so you can move the QM folder around after installation as always.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by KnightShade4 at Mar 22, 2009 12:45:32 AM
new issue loading crew info.... it seems to be unable to connect to the appropriate pages. not sure if this is a personal problem or a universal issue
Yarrh of Hunter
Captain of Dragon Booty

Posted by Loren_S at Mar 22, 2009 3:06:41 AM
The new version still can't find the config file if started out of QM.

Interestingly if you start the damage counter directly it works, but only if the main QM is not running.

Furthermore if I disable yohoho log parsing, I still get the "Sloop not a valid integer" error.

Back to the BETA again :)

Posted by Soar at Mar 22, 2009 6:34:11 AM

The new version still can't find the config file if started out of QM.

Interestingly if you start the damage counter directly it works, but only if the main QM is not running.

Furthermore if I disable yohoho log parsing, I still get the "Sloop not a valid integer" error.

Back to the BETA again :)

Hmmm, might have to try a manual fix.

Grab the zip file off the http://www.oceaneer.com/Quartermaster.html page. Inside you will find fresh copies of all the files in the correct directories. Try copying out both the QuarterMaster.exe file, and the QMDamageCounter.exe over the old ones in your QM installation directory.

Also double check the version is listed as 2.4a in the title bar of QM.

Hopefully that will work.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by tnfulk at Mar 22, 2009 7:28:06 AM
That works.

Thanks!
Kildar
SO of Beyond the Horizon
What Lies Beyond

Do you really want to know what's wrong.......or do you just want me to fix it?

Posted by Loren_S at Mar 22, 2009 7:34:58 AM
Ok. Manual updating seems to work. I just have 2 minor issues remaining:

- The installer seems to create a directory PirateTrainer Course.txt. That should be a file from the zipfile.

- The big GF-image is the one of a Xebec.

Beyond that its seems to work now.

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates