mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 23, 2021 9:01:32 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by maxdsterling at Jun 23, 2008 1:07:53 PM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
For all those having issues with the "List Index Out of Bounds" error, please make sure that QM is looking at the correct chat log files.

Remember, the Xebec update also requires that the images XE.bmp and XEsm.bmp are located in the IMAGES folder, if they're not there, QM will not load properly.

You may have accidentally modified your config.txt file incorrectly, and QM refuses to load anything beyond the erroneous information.

YPPedia entry on updating QM2

Notes on editing Config.txt or any other QM system file wrote: 
Use Notepad or a similar "bare-bones" text editor, Microsoft Word or Works type programs add unnecessary 'garbage' into the file.

Watch the use of whitespace (space, tab, line feeds) and punctuation. QM is very very picky on what it reads from the file. By adding an extra space or new line when it's not needed, QM will fail to load properly.

When adding the new ship information, take care that you watch the numbering. Domgrief reordered the ships so they would be sorted in proper size order. If you make repeat entries into the table (two [008] entries), QM will not load all the ships.

If you receive the "Log is older that 48 hours", you need to quit QM. Run Puzzle Pirates and log in your pirate, THEN restart QM.
----------------------------------------
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by Destijl3 at Jun 23, 2008 11:45:24 PM
I did recheck everything you mentionned, chat logs, images, config, and it still gives me the same error.

It started doing so after the last update, about two weeks after i modified my QM to add Malachite and the Xebec. And it didn't have any problems between that change and the update.
Imnotmexican

Posted by maxdsterling at Jun 24, 2008 1:10:50 AM
Odd, simply because I cannot reproduce the problem, manual updates or not.

A list out of bounds could mean ANY of the arrays or settings lists in QM... which doesn't really narrow things down.

The only other thing that could POSSIBLY be the issue (that's untinkerable), is you local pirate database. Copy out the data folder to a safe location (as well as your config.txt and xebec images) and reinstall QM2 to see if a database reset solves the problem.

As a test, replace your old data folder for the re-installed version, and see if it crashes.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Destijl3 at Jun 24, 2008 9:37:28 AM
I fixed the problem by not changing anything, it'd seem.

I uninstalled the program, after saving a copy of my Data folder in a separated location. Results: still list out of bound.

I decided to see if it was related to my chat logs, copied them all in another location and deleted them. Results: working QM

I thought that i could possibly narrow it down to one faulty chat log, but that it would only impair that pirate, not all of them, so i replaced my chat logs one by one in the folder they originally were in while trying QM after every step. Results: QM still working.

Tried swapping my old Data folder with the new one that was reinstalled. Results: It still works

And finally, i reupdated for Malachite and the Xebec, as i did with the program i had in the first place, and everything is still working perfectly.

In conclusion, i don't think that anything really changed, beside my previous settings. And it now works for some reason.

Edit: Scratch that. it started doing it again.
Imnotmexican

Posted by Pavalucci at Jun 25, 2008 1:49:33 AM
hoya again...

Same error over and over again...

i made sure i got the 2 images for the xebec into the right folder....

i made sure i got the right chatlog.... (i also made a new chatlog just to make sure my old isn´t to long)

nope ain´t working, still list index out of bounds :(

*edit*

Got it !

All guys who had the problem....

Fill in the config file shown on the start side of yppedia

then just disable yohoho log parsing...

QM works again for me ;)

Posted by treese at Jun 25, 2008 8:43:02 AM
I've been having the same error message, and I had not changed or done a thing to my QM in weeks.

I did have a power outage the other night while QM was running. I logged back in and started getting the error messages. I checked everything in the log file, photo files... all the files seemed in working order. But I also checked my chat log file and it was HUGE (and i won't say how huge, let's just say it hadn't been changed since October!).

Sooo, I backed up my logfile, uninstalled QM and re-installed it, replacing the log file, and before logging in, started a new chat log for all my characters. Seems to work ok now. Will edit this post if that changes.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)

Posted by maxdsterling at Jun 25, 2008 1:10:43 PM

then just disable yohoho log parsing...
QM works again for me ;)

Meaning that somewhere along the way your yohoho.log files are getting corrupted when you have a power failure or a improperly terminated program (you get that genius Microsoft pop-up "This Program has encountered an error and needs to close.")

But I also checked my chat log file and it was HUGE (and i won't say how huge, let's just say it hadn't been changed since October!).

Having a Ginormous log file can bog down QM's start time tremendously (the other factor is the auto loading of pirate/crew info from the web- you can remove that in the options). If you are an everyday player, you should consider deleting or renaming your log files every 2 weeks or so (I do monthly on the 1st since I'm OCD like that and don't play quite as often). The file shouldn't be more than 10MB in size, after that it's a bit unwieldy.

Most people, never having the desire to read the files again, should just delete them (not while PP is running).

This is, of course, assuming you care to go back and look at them (like political discussions). For example, my log files are given the name .log (so I get the extension to open automatically in notepad). The logs look like this

Silverspoon_hunter_.log

At the end of every month I rename it, adding the year and month

Silverspoon_hunter_2008_05.log

And they're all sorted nicely.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by ecmage at Jun 25, 2008 11:41:43 PM
Hey, I PMed Soar but with the minor, if any, notification there is about PMs I figured I would post here too. I know some Java (probably not enough to fully do a Mac version myself) but I would be happy to try to convert the current code (I'd assume it's in C++?) to Java. I'm not promising anything, but I can try/see what I can do. If anyone else knows java, I'd be happy to work with them.

Posted by maxdsterling at Jun 26, 2008 12:02:48 AM

Hey, I PMed Soar but with the minor, if any, notification there is about PMs I figured I would post here too. I know some Java (probably not enough to fully do a Mac version myself) but I would be happy to try to convert the current code (I'd assume it's in C++?) to Java. I'm not promising anything, but I can try/see what I can do. If anyone else knows java, I'd be happy to work with them.

The program is written in Dephi Pascal and uses numerous MS Windows libraries to accomplish it's tasks. The calls to Microsoft libraries are what are holding me up from constructing a reliable Java workaround.

Eighth Master is a Java chat log parser, which is about 1/2 of the battle. The other half involves interactions with the client (auto text, auto plank, auto job) that Java simply cannot perform at a reliable rate even close to what QM does now unless you apply OS-dependent code to Java, which would have to be written in another language (either in a universal C language or a OS-scripting language), which takes us right back to where we started.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by ecmage at Jun 26, 2008 10:29:57 AM

The program is written in Dephi Pascal and uses numerous MS Windows libraries to accomplish it's tasks. The calls to Microsoft libraries are what are holding me up from constructing a reliable Java workaround.

Eighth Master is a Java chat log parser, which is about 1/2 of the battle. The other half involves interactions with the client (auto text, auto plank, auto job) that Java simply cannot perform at a reliable rate even close to what QM does now unless you apply OS-dependent code to Java, which would have to be written in another language (either in a universal C language or a OS-scripting language), which takes us right back to where we started.

Ah, I understand...Well, I apologize but I know no Objective-C/Cocoa or any C for that matter, I want to learn, but I don't think a major project is the best way to do so :P. Well, if anything comes up to where I can, I'd be glad to help.

I tried to launch it in WINE for Mac, but it had some write errors (which may very well be something with me setting it up wrong, I will continue to play around with it to see if I can fix it.

Posted by treese at Jun 26, 2008 7:35:10 PM
Ok, after the fix it worked fine until the game updated.

I'm thinking the recent game updates and bug fixes has changed something to the game that is causing QM not to work for some reason... remember that issue we're having with the auto chat effecting the chat scroll toggle thingie after the last set of updates...

Also, i know of a few other mates in my flag with the same issues. If anyone can come up with a fix, lemme know!!!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by maxdsterling at Jun 27, 2008 12:26:55 AM
It appears the only reason I'm not seeing the issues is because I had done a clean wipe of my computer the week the adventures were released. This doesn't mean you all need to do the same (though it may help the oldest machines work faster)...

(Dial-up users are going to hate this part, but hey, I strongly urge upgrading to DSL or Cable for a happier and more thrilling Pirates Experience)

However, it DOES mean that you should probably...

• Uninstall Puzzle Pirates and QuarterMaster
  • Clean out the folder %program files%/Three Rings Design/Puzzle Pirates (though it may already be clear)
  • Clear your Quartermaster Folder (yes, flush your settings).
  • Archive your chat logs. Start from scratch
  • Re-Install Puzzle Pirates
  • Run Puzzle Pirates and turn on logging to a file (I strongly suggest the directory%My Documents%/Puzzle Pirates Chat Logs and using .log as the file name.)
  • Re-Install QM2
  • Use the Config.txt file and images referenced here. I've even uploaded my own Config.txt file contents to YPPedia, so there should be no mistakes.
  • Run QM2, setting the options to point to your new log files
  • Quit and Restart QM2 to let it find your pirate.
  • Happy Sailing!

This is a FULL CLEANOUT of PP and QM2. You may be lucky just to perform one or the other and get it working. However, I strongly suggest starting from scratch, since it definitely works on a clean install of PP and QM2.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by hockeygeek at Jul 6, 2008 7:24:08 PM
I also ran into the "list out of bounds" error with QM2 today. I have not changed any QM settings, nor moved any YPP logs or made any other recent YPP client changes. QM2 was working properly in the last 48 hours, and today, I get this error message. I've had no crashes or power outages or abnormal program issues in the interim, and the only thing that's even remotely close to a change was the YPP client update the other day.

I can definitively say that the error is with the parsing of the yohoho.log file, as mentioned previously in this thread. As a controlled test, I closed all Puzzle Pirate game clients, and launched QM. I logged in as a pirate who had recently been online (and for whom chat logs weren't too old), and got the "list out of bounds (0)" error. I then close QM completely, and again, with no YPP clients even open (much less logged in), ran QM, and chose "Disable Yohoho.log Parsing" from the QM options. QM loads without the error. These behaviors are reproducible over many repetitions.

The interesting thing is that when I was testing this, the yohoho.log file was 0 bytes and therefore, empty. After logging in to the YPP client a few times, this file had (and retained) debug info from the game client. And, now, subsequent execution of QM2 does NOT give me the "out of bounds" error.

Going out on a limb: it may be possible that a recent game update "flushes" the yohoho.log file, and leaves client debug mode temporarily turned off, until the next restart of the game client. Then, QM2, when it tries to parse the yohoho.log, reads in the file, and tries to pop the first line of text off the log, and comes up with a null string, as there's no data in the file, generating the "out of bounds" error.

So, for those experiencing the "list out of bounds (0)" error -- please take a look at your YPP directory (for Windows users, it's most likely: C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates), and take a look at the "yohoho.log" file in that directory -- right click on it and select "properties". Is the file 0 bytes in size? If so, we at least know what's wrong on the QM side. And, we know that a temporary workaround is to "disable yohoho.log parsing" in QM before hitting "Login".

-Ten
Tengauge of Ship of Fools
in the flag Scarlet Masquerade on Cobalt

Posted by maxdsterling at Jul 6, 2008 11:12:23 PM
I suppose that explains why I don't see it.

After an update or install, I log into PP, check the options, close the program and restart everything from scratch. That would place something in the client logs and I never see an issue XD.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by pancake23 at Jul 29, 2008 8:59:50 AM
Ok well i just downloaded the QM program;
after it finished nothing happened....
No desktop icons no all programs file.
All I have is the download file.
Can someone help me?

In game as Keseff
Hunter Ocean
Keseff

Posted by maxdsterling at Jul 29, 2008 9:33:57 AM

Ok well i just downloaded the QM program;
after it finished nothing happened....
No desktop icons no all programs file.
All I have is the download file.
Can someone help me?

You've downloaded the setup file (to a place only you and your browser knows), you still need to unpack and install it.

Run the Quartermaster2.exe file you've just download and follow the instructions. When that's finished, you'll be at step 3 in the Startup Guide.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Jul 29, 2008 10:10:23 AM
After you downloaded it, did you install it? Just asking....

- Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by adswellfit at Aug 7, 2008 9:13:47 AM
[quote]Ahoy!

Start-up Guide
1. Uninstall all previous versions of QuarterMaster.
[*quote]

my computer isnt letting me any idea why?
Captain of unvaquished on Sage Ocean
Lord of Rogues Of Sage

Posted by Rhoaleper at Aug 29, 2008 7:30:29 AM
By the way with the new release with the ambient sounds, one of the ambient sounds has bells ringing, just like the bells Quartermaster uses for notifying a pursuit attempt. This needs to be replaced by a different sound.

I know which file to change but I do not have any idea on what to change it to.
Spheniscine on Obsidian
Was Rhoaleper in all dub oceans, but based in Viridian

Posted by DopeGhoti at Sep 29, 2008 5:59:07 PM

By the way with the new release with the ambient sounds, one of the ambient sounds has bells ringing, just like the bells Quartermaster uses for notifying a pursuit attempt. This needs to be replaced by a different sound.

I know which file to change but I do not have any idea on what to change it to.

It's not exactly theme-apropos, but you could use a police siren :)

Posted by amberash at Oct 14, 2008 11:42:01 PM
I have uninstalled QM and reinstalled it the Link to the full package download is a bad one comes back web page cant be found.

I use the other link to down load it unzipped it and installed it but still have the same problems as before. It only shows the origional ships in the list sloop, cutter, MB, WB, MG and GF but some of the images dont match up. I have a Dhow image for the MB, long ship image for a WB, Baglah for the MG and so on is there a more current version then the 2.3 I can down load without having to go in and make all the changes to get the new ships in there?
Amberash Meridian Ocean
Amberash on Obsidian
Senara on Emerald

Posted by Peridiam at Oct 15, 2008 1:24:01 AM
Hey there. I've recently noticed that there's information on all of the Sea Monsters, in addition to player vessels, in the QM menus. Anywhoo - I'd like to request some features and/or help - I apologize to the nth degree if for some reason I have missed previous discussion of these features, this is somewhat like a stumble-upon moment at around 3:17 AM as I try to pull an all-nighter for classes.

Now to the actual point(s):

I notice that Sea Monster information is now available in one of the Menu's. Can I ask - where did this information come from (I'd be greatly interested to know, seeing as I'm currently constructing an extensive guide to SMHing), and what do the figures that seem to refer to the 'damage' given by certain attacks that the monsters can execute refer to? Is said number referring to the number of 'hitpoints' that the given attack takes away?

Might I find some assistance in adding in the Monster's to the damage calculator?*

Would it be feasible for the Damage Calculator to be expanded in a couple of ways - namely:

1. A feature to implement the effects of "carpentry" or "regeneration" upon vessels and/or sea-monsters. This seems as though it would be extremely useful for both sinking PvPs, Flotillas, Outposts, and sinking environments in general. **
2. Would it be possible to allow multiple Damage Calculator's to be open simultaneously, so as to keep track of more than two ships? This would be absolutely super.

Last but not least: The ship images that one views in the menu that details the aspects of said ship - The grid is not in a uniform position in all of them. Yes I know - this is rather nit-picky, but assuming myself, or some other interested party, were to submit images which fix this, would they be utilized?

* Most likely, based on what I've seen so far this would entail me adding appropriate lines into the file that is indicated when updating in the Xebec, correct?

** I'd imagine that this factor of 'repair' would want to take into consideration the estimated performance of the carpenter(s) involved, so it could quite possibly be more work than I'm making it out to be.
Matrim, of Hunter
Crew: Metropolis
Loki of Malachite
Crew: Odin's Demise

Jerdan greeter chats, "What is this chat for?"
Oceanus greeter chats, "Abusing other greeters.

Posted by DopeGhoti at Oct 15, 2008 1:19:49 PM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Linux!
Just for the official record-

QM2 seems to work very well in Linux (via WINE), except for anything that injects chat or commands into the client. Anything that parses your logs seems to work splendidly! This was a very pleasant surprise.

Posted by hobidy at Oct 17, 2008 12:25:47 PM

I have uninstalled QM and reinstalled it the Link to the full package download is a bad one comes back web page cant be found.

Having the same problem. Is the site down?
Captain Evee of Easy Going on Hunter.
In the great flag Coerced Coexistence

Posted by SirCarl67 at Oct 17, 2008 2:55:22 PM

So, for those experiencing the "list out of bounds (0)" error -- please take a look at your YPP directory (for Windows users, it's most likely: C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates), and take a look at the "yohoho.log" file in that directory -- right click on it and select "properties". Is the file 0 bytes in size? If so, we at least know what's wrong on the QM side. And, we know that a temporary workaround is to "disable yohoho.log parsing" in QM before hitting "Login".

-Ten

I am getting the list out of bounds error but my yohoho file is 81kB. Disabling the parsing does stop the error, but I do not know what this option does, could someone enlighten me asto whether it reduces the functionality.

Thanks
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Oct 17, 2008 10:26:59 PM
Among the things it does is to see what kind of a ship you have boarded. So if you are using the damage counter, it knows what ship to plug in for you. There were a couple other things it did, and I think they are in the documentation and it is too late at night for me to go look for them.

I turn off the log parsing to avoid the out of bounds error all the time. I can live with loading the kind of ship I am driving into QM.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by treese at Oct 19, 2008 4:09:07 AM
Apologies for stepping on any toes here, but I didn't want Matrim's post to be left unanswered/commented.

And I apologies profusely for posting a "bible". Hadn't intended for this response to be so long, but I'm rather fond of this program.

Matrim, as I'm sure you've read in this thread, unfortunately there really is not much support right now for QM2 aside from it's user base. The original creater of this program, Tailspin has taken a bit of a vacation, if you will, from the game.

Silverspoon has done an awesome job in keeping the info here as up to date as possible, and I'm glad she's able to do it.

I know enough to get by with making changes to the logfile and some other minor adjustments, and I'm sure there are several other users who can do the same. Aside from Silverspoon, I don't recall anyone else who really said that they know the language to do extensive overhauls on the program, and I'm not sure if any player has really taken over to make any of these changes (please correct me if i'm wrong).

QuarterMaster is such a great program, and this version lends itself to some awesome uses that I'm sure not too many folks know too much about, like the officer trainer and help files, and how they lend themselves nicely to the game. I wish that it were still supported, or that someone could take it over and be able to make any updates as needed... unfortunately, we are left with making due with what we have.

I notice that Sea Monster information is now available in one of the Menu's. Can I ask - where did this information come from (I'd be greatly interested to know, seeing as I'm currently constructing an extensive guide to SMHing), and what do the figures that seem to refer to the 'damage' given by certain attacks that the monsters can execute refer to? Is said number referring to the number of 'hitpoints' that the given attack takes away?

I'm at work now, so I don't have QM in front of me, but yah, I do believe it's hitpoints they've dealt.

This info, as I believe much of the info found on QM, came from user input and via the Wicki (which is also user input :P). I just did a cursory search there and found nothing of the hit points and strengths of the Atlantis monsters, so I can't verify that info is even accurate. Vessel info can be found here.

Might I find some assistance in adding in the Monster's to the damage calculator?...Most likely, based on what I've seen so far this would entail me adding appropriate lines into the file that is indicated when updating in the Xebec, correct?

You are correct! I can help you include this info in the log files if you need help, but aye, it's pretty much the same forumula as the other ships. Just be mindful of your code lines. Post here or PM if you need help!

Would folks find Monster damage tracking helpful? Hard to say as you encounter multiple monsters in SMH, same as you would multiple ships in flotilla that basically makes QM2 cumbersome, since the damage tracking is manual, and currently only allows tracking of one opponent at a time. Much easier IMO, just to shoot them till their dead. Mebbe that's why I sux at flotilla and Atlantis.

Would it be feasible for the Damage Calculator to be expanded [to allow]...A feature to implement the effects of "carpentry" or "regeneration" upon vessels and/or sea-monsters. This seems as though it would be extremely useful for both sinking PvPs, Flotillas, Outposts, and sinking environments in general.

quite possibly be more work than I'm making it out to be.
/me hands Matrim cookies. Mebbe it's just the way my brain works... but I can't see a viable feasable means of working this since there are a lot of factors involved just based on players skills and abilities alone. With the monster bots alone: Pump 10 medium shot into a Trike: How long before they start to fix, and how long for all 10 shots of damage to be completely fixed, and how long did it take between the shots to allow them to fix from the previous shots taken, etc.... gah! I can just imagine!!!

Thinking about it a bit more, it is possible to include an automatic damage fix timer to give an estimated guess, in "worst case scenario" (ie, let's pretend the bad guys had super duper carpers with chainsaws and electric hammers). For each shot you give the other vessel, it could add 30 seconds to a minute (for example) to the timer. But this could also add to the draw the QM2 takes from your system resources. As it stands, the game itself takes up a huge amount of resources because of some of the more recent updates, although the dev's have done some great bug fixing to help reduce this.

Would it be possible to allow multiple Damage Calculator's to be open simultaneously, so as to keep track of more than two ships? This would be absolutely super.

Oooh! I just lubs dis!!! Would love to see something like this implemented. Perhaps each ship having it's own tab in the damage tracker. The only drawbacks I see are space within the QM2 window, and possibly distraction of the navver swithing between damage tabs. More thinking... possibly be able to split multiple tabs to separate windows and using some kind of "always on top feature" allowing it to be moved over the top of the game window, but still out of the way... of course, this is all speculation, I'm not a programmer.

Last but not least: The ship images that one views in the menu that details the aspects of said ship - The grid is not in a uniform position in all of them. Yes I know - this is rather nit-picky, but assuming myself, or some other interested party, were to submit images which fix this, would they be utilized?

Not a huge deal to many, but should be easy enough to fix, and it could be included in the latest update post to this thread.

One suggestion to this thread in general, since we are pretty much on our own with QM2... is basically treat this as "open source". Folks are pretty much doing this, but if you have updates or minor helpful changes you've made to your version of QM, feel free to share them with us so that everyone can benefit. With the word of mouth QM2 gets, I would imagine a good number of folks coming here to download it. With scattered fixes updates spread thruought this thread, it can get a bit confusing. Silverspoon is doing a great job in keeping the fixes a bit more organized, which is making it easier for the new folks to find.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by maxdsterling at Oct 19, 2008 11:15:14 PM
First off, Silverspoon (and maxdsterling) is a HE (just for clarity, Belldandy is just an avatar :D), sorry Treese :P.

Secondly, as I'm again on a major sabbatical from the game (am now tutoring and teaching full time while looking for better work), I've not been as diligent monitoring this forum, so I won't be able to respond to everyone's questions as quickly as I'd like.

amberash wrote: 

I use the other link to down load it unzipped it and installed it but still have the same problems as before. It only shows the origional ships in the list sloop, cutter, MB, WB, MG and GF but some of the images dont match up. I have a Dhow image for the MB, long ship image for a WB, Baglah for the MG and so on is there a more current version then the 2.3 I can down load without having to go in and make all the changes to get the new ships in there?

It's true that the files may not being hosted anymore, as Soar is on hiatus. I will see if I can supply a secondary upload spot on my hosting service. I doubt I can repackage the setup file, since it also supplies uninstall information that I can reproduce without using similar software.

Your image mix ups is due to a bad edit to your config.txt attaching the wrong image to the wrong boat. Make sure you perform the edits as prescribed on the wiki.

Peridiam wrote: 

Treese's knowledge works here. Forum thread discussing Atlantean creatures hitpoints.

Peridiam wrote: 
1. A feature to implement the effects of "carpentry" or "regeneration" upon vessels and/or sea-monsters. This seems as though it would be extremely useful for both sinking PvPs, Flotillas, Outposts, and sinking environments in general. **
2. Would it be possible to allow multiple Damage Calculator's to be open simultaneously, so as to keep track of more than two ships? This would be absolutely super.

1. Would require a rewrite of the damage counter code and it's hard to say how well ships will regenerate...
2. I don't know how the program code allows for multiple instances of windows, since I believe Soar's code has it all under one large instance with multiple windows. The right way would be to have each window be it's own program, and just call multiple instances of that program (since they don't talk to each other much).

Peridiam wrote: 

The only way would be for a willing soul to upload the said images onto the wiki and have them be replaced in your images folder. Unless Soar returns and somehow comes up with an enhanced version of the program, the images will be disconnected from the official files.

SirCarl67 wrote: 
I am getting the list out of bounds error but my yohoho file is 81kB. Disabling the parsing does stop the error, but I do not know what this option does, could someone enlighten me asto whether it reduces the functionality.

Try flushing the log. The log gives off basic connection and disconnect info and ship type info when boarding.

Peridiam wrote: 
Might I find some assistance in adding in the Monster's to the damage calculator?...Most likely, based on what I've seen so far this would entail me adding appropriate lines into the file that is indicated when updating in the Xebec, correct?

You will need to increment the ID for the next ship/monster type. Follow the following formula.

It goes like this:

Ships:
[001] ID of ship, this is unique
Sloop Name that shows up on QM
smsloop Name that triggers in the yohoho.log file
SL.bmp Image in the images folder for the main window
SLsm.bmp Image in the images folder for the damage counter window
HPS:020 Hit points
RAM:001 Ram amount in terms of half small cannonballs
MCW:7 Maximum crew
RCW:4+ Recommended crew
SLS:3 # of sails stations
CRP:2 # of carp stations
BLG:2 # of bilge stations
CAN:1 # of gunning stations
BLL:S Cannonballs used
GUN:4 # of full cannon available
VOL:20,250 Total Storage Volume
MSS:13,500 Total Storage Mass
MXS:6 Max to max melee damage (small cannonballs)
MXM:4 Max to max melee damage (medium cannonballs)
MXL:3 Max to max melee damage (large cannonballs)
SKS:10 Max to sink (small cannonballs)
SKM:7 Max to sink (medium cannonballs)
SKL:5 Max to sink (large cannonballs)

For Monsters:
[012] Number of ship, this is unique
Triketos Name of monster
monster Trigger name in yohoho.log
TK.bmp Image in the images folder for the main window
SLsm.bmp Image in the images folder for the damage counter window
HPS:025 Max hitpoints
BTY:5-15k Average booty numbers
AT1:Arrow (x2) These specify the attack types
AT2:Ram
AT3:Super Ram
DM1:2 Damage for the above attack types
DM2:2
DM3:6
MN1:Double Fwd Maneuvers used by the monster
MN2:
AB1:Healing Area Special abilities used by monster
AB2:
SKS:13 Max sink (small cannonballs)
SKM:9 Max sink (medium cannonballs)
SKL:7 Max sink (large cannonballs)
REG:0.5 Average regeneration rate per turn

Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by treese at Oct 20, 2008 7:28:59 AM

First off, Silverspoon (and maxdsterling) is a HE (just for clarity, Belldandy is just an avatar :D), sorry Treese :P.

Well! Shiver me timbers, why don'tcha! I had no idear ye was a guy!

/me apologises and bows deeply!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by savilpoo at Nov 4, 2008 10:45:07 AM
when i press the "Go" button on QM2 after ive set up the chat logs and Yohoho.log it gives me a error saying:

"Cannot open file C:Docume-1\Bill\LOCALS-1\Temp\Rar$EX100.650\QuaterMaster\Config.txt."*

Also the website where i get the full instal dosnt work and i get a website error, so i used the zip version or whatever its called.

Thanks

Sav

*all the -'s are ment to be the squigly line things, for some reason i dont have that on my keyboard.
Captinsav of Viridian.

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates