mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 23, 2021 8:17:29 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by maxdsterling at May 7, 2008 11:22:32 PM
Re: Xebec Config and Images
The easiest method to add Malachite compatibility is to add Malachite to the list of oceans in the CONFIG.TXT file within the Quartermaster program directory.

Please note that the oceans are in alphabetical order.

ALL OCEANS
----------
Cobalt
Hunter
Ice
Malachite
Midnight
Opal
Sage
Viridian
----------

...<additional config>...

NATIVE LANGUAGES
----------
Cobalt=English
Hunter=English
Ice=English
Malachite=English
Midnight=English
Opal=English
Sage=English
Viridian=English
----------

Tested and works fine, although the name is cut short in the QM window on mine.
----------------------------------------
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by Mr_Monkey_12 at May 11, 2008 3:08:02 PM
I have tried what Silverspoon said and it works fine, but not sure what your talking about when you say "although the name is cut short in the QM window on mine." because I didn't have that problom.

Thanks a lot.
Anubis (Only comes in Malachite flavor)
Mrmonkey (Only comes in Hunter flavor)

If one writes a book about failer, and no one reads it, does it succeed?

Sorry if my spelling/grammar is bad/incorrect English isn't my first language.

Posted by maxdsterling at May 11, 2008 3:50:05 PM
The text for long Ocean names are cut off on my QM, perhaps a resolution or a font size issue. Just a visual issue...
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Mr_Monkey_12 at May 11, 2008 5:05:39 PM
Im having this problom where when I click on the one of the autochat it changes my history's scrollback mode, is this normal?

Posted by Vorky at May 11, 2008 5:26:48 PM
It started happening since a few releases ago of the YPP Client and will require some investigation by the developer to see if it can be fixed.

Posted by dulcinea2168 at May 11, 2008 5:57:49 PM
I wanted to thank you, Silverspoon, for your response to my post about having Malachite added to an updated QM version. The simplicity and straightforwardness of your suggestion, without out all the dire warnings about the possibility of messing up the .config files and thereby 'blowing up' the program, gave me confidence enough to not only add Malachite to the islands list, but also to update the .config file with the necessary info on Xebecs.

This may not seem like such a great deal to you, but for someone who is as non-tech-savvy as myself it means a lot. :)
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

Posted by maxdsterling at May 11, 2008 10:41:20 PM
QM2 Support Thread
Great! Glad to hear I can help. Sometimes the best answers are the simplest.

Besides, if you are still scared, rest assured you can either:
  • make a backup before tinkering (something I always do) and recover if it doesn't work out.
  • prepare to uninstall and reinstall if even that fails... but I doubt that.

About the autochat: Because my programming knowledge does not extend to Delphi, I cannot decipher the problem even with the full code in front of me. From my best analysis, is the library keystrokes invoked through the "windows library" is submitting odd keystrokes or mouse clicks.

The problem persists regardless of the Chat Shortcuts being turned on or off and at any resolution and color depth. I will continue to research a possible solution while we await an update from Soar.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by treese at May 12, 2008 12:07:47 AM
Re: QM2 Support Thread
Ahhh!

The update with the chat shortcuts (F1-F11) caused the chat scrolly bug! I didn't think of that. Gads I wish i knew how to read code instead of just being a fiddler.

Silverspoon, great advice on backing up the logfile. Backups are always helpful and something I rarely do (out of sheer and utter laziness!)

Aldonza, don't worry too much about making some changes to your config file. If all else fails, the file is fixable, either copy/paste from folks on here, or someone can send ye their complete file. Just shout it out if ye needz.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)

Posted by dulcinea2168 at May 12, 2008 8:47:54 AM
Thanks Tammy,

Everything is working perfectly though, except for that chat history bug which we're all dealing with. I will keep your offer in mind, though, should I mess up the files after some future addition to the game. ;)
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea

Rafikie said:

Posted by Mr_Monkey_12 at May 12, 2008 2:44:20 PM
Im starting to think there is nothing wrong with QM, it is the Y!PP, this might be a problom OOO has to fix and not Soar

Posted by Mr_Monkey_12 at May 13, 2008 4:18:16 PM
Sorry for the double post, but im having this problom where when I try to load Quartermaster it tells me it is looking for my crew and just lags. then I have to close it, I tryed waiting but that didn't help. I play on Malachite.

Posted by maxdsterling at May 13, 2008 5:20:16 PM
Re: Crew not loading
I would think that it's a QM issue by virtue of it not being reproducible without QM... unless someone can tell me the keystroke and keyboard type and language they are using to re-create the issue.

There is a possibility that you are unable to access yoweb crew files for malachite.

I have 3 possible fixes or workarounds:

1. Fix the crew you are in

If you are crewless:
  • Open up the Quartermaster\Users\<piratename>_<ocean> folder. You'll see a bunch of text files.
  • Open CrewName.txt. Now, this is dependent on if you are in a crew or not. If you are in a crew, then it will have 4 lines. Line 1 is the crew name, line 2 is the flag name, and line 3 is the crew id number. Line 4 is a blank line. For example, mine looks like

"Quartermaster\Users\Silverspoon_Hunter\CrewName.txt"
    The Eternal Hydrae
    Echidna's Children

if you are crewless, then you'll see this instead (note there are 2 blank lines instead of 1):

"Quartermaster\Users\Silverspoon_Malachite\CrewName.txt"
    unknown
    unknown

• Repair by replacing the bad text with the correct text.
  • Restart QM

2. Stop autochecking crew stats on startup (workaround)
  • Open up Quartermaster\Users\Options.txt
  • Change line 12 from a plus (+) to a minus (-)

it should look something like this (but not numbered and line 12 is bolded):

01 ==General==
02 +
03 +
04 +
05 +
06 +
07 -
08 -
09 -
10 -
11 +
12 -

You can put this back in the options panel, by rechecking the "check crew on startup" option.

3. Delete the User Folder and have QM start over

Maybe something got booched, I don't know.

Hope that helps.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Mr_Monkey_12 at May 13, 2008 5:26:53 PM
very wired, I clicked on the Universal pirate and let me log on, not sure what it even means but as long as it works Im happy :)

Thanks Silverspoon for trying to help me <3

Posted by maxdsterling at May 13, 2008 9:11:30 PM
Using universal pirate simply lets you use the Users/Universal Pirate settings... meaning that there still could be a problem with your original pirate's files. You should remove them just to be sure.

Since I'm an avid multiple client user, I DON'T use universal pirate because it will create database errors when both clients attempt to access the same pirate's info (an edit lock is in place by one and refuses access to the other).

So, using "universal pirate" is okay, if you don't plan on running additional pirates simultaneously on the same ocean.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Megami1 at May 14, 2008 4:04:15 AM
Do we know if anyone is going to implement all these fixes and changes globally to the QM program for download as a complete package?

I would like to use QM on Malachite but the download is out of date and I'm not nearly saavy enough to update it myself.

Forgive me if I'm asking a moot question here, I've not read the entire thread I just jumped to the last page here and saw someone posting up a fix for the Malachite ocean.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

Posted by maxdsterling at May 14, 2008 12:29:44 PM
It's not that hard, if I can get Aldonza/Dulcinea and other non-computer savvy people to do it, I'm confident you can too.

Because everyone has their settings, I cannot create an "update" package without destroying your current settings and options, how annoying.

I may be able to add an update program for a "clean install," but that will take time.

What I can do, wiki goons permitting, is to add fixes/images to the wiki page. Placing it here will simply let it get lost.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Megami1 at May 14, 2008 2:24:00 PM
I don't currently have it installed. I used to use QM about 2 years ago and haven't used it in a long time, but I'd like to start using it again. And currently I feel like it wouldn't do me any good to download it in it's current form since I'd have to update so much of it before I could use it.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

Posted by IndigoMad at May 15, 2008 12:00:22 AM
Hi!

I have a problem with QMII

it says that it is unable to find my game client?

Im playing with german language activated

please help

Madmanrion

Posted by dulcinea2168 at May 15, 2008 1:29:10 AM

Do we know if anyone is going to implement all these fixes and changes globally to the QM program for download as a complete package?

I would like to use QM on Malachite but the download is out of date and I'm not nearly saavy enough to update it myself.

Forgive me if I'm asking a moot question here, I've not read the entire thread I just jumped to the last page here and saw someone posting up a fix for the Malachite ocean.

Megami,

If you dl the latest QM (QM2.3, right all?), then all you need to do is make the additions to the CONFIG.TXT file for the most recent additions to the game. The info, along with a handy cut + paste table, for the Xebec is located at the top of pg 42 of this thread, and the Malachite update info (very easy to do, this one) is at the top of pg 43. Simple cut + paste and insertions are all that's needed. (The necessary instructions are included in the posts.)

If I can do it then you won't have any problem at all. Honest. :)
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea

Rafikie said:

Posted by Megami1 at May 15, 2008 6:36:37 AM
ooo Shiny! Thank you. I'll see if i can do it without breaking it. I figured there was going to be all sorts of things I was going to have to pick out of this thread to add in but if you think that's all I need, I'll take a whack at it.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

Posted by maxdsterling at May 15, 2008 9:48:17 AM
QM2 Public Support Thread - Update for Xebec and Malachite
From version 2.3, there are only 2 updates:

There is still one major known bug:
  • Autochat ("/aa" typed into the chat, clicking the 'A'), Auto jobbing, Auto planking- When text is sent to the client, QM cycles the chat view through the three views (no scroll, small scroll, full screen scroll). There is no workaround or fix at this time.

Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Mr_Monkey_12 at May 24, 2008 3:23:12 PM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
so I just got an idea to improve on QM, I have had this problom many times. Everytime I change my ship I have to change QM, so here is the idea. instead of typing the name of the ship in QM autochat I could type in <<Ship>> and everytime I go on a ship it will replace <<Ship>> with the name of the ship I had just aboarded, It can get the name from the chat log since it says the name of the ship onces I board it.

Going aboard the Loud Needlefish...

also, a good idea is for a button that loads everyone stats. I don't like to go and click on everybody to load there stats.

Posted by maxdsterling at May 24, 2008 6:28:17 PM
Mr_Monkey_12 wrote: 
so I just got an idea to improve on QM, I have had this problom many times. Everytime I change my ship I have to change QM, so here is the idea. instead of typing the name of the ship in QM autochat I could type in <<Ship>> and everytime I go on a ship it will replace <<Ship>> with the name of the ship I had just aboarded, It can get the name from the chat log since it says the name of the ship onces I board it.

Going aboard the Loud Needlefish...

Doable, I'll consider it in my feature list, Soar will have to create an update for this version however.

Mr_Monkey_12 wrote: 
also, a good idea is for a button that loads everyone stats. I don't like to go and click on everybody to load there stats.

Not doable, we're not allowed to spam the yoweb server that holds the stats.
Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by djrap250 at Jun 13, 2008 8:33:27 AM
it says on my quartermaster that the chat log is more than 48 hours old. how do i go on?
Yyuuii on the Viridian Ocean

Towardsshore says, "I'm working with minimal material here"
Arthaar says, "Is that why you said you were putting your balls away?"

Posted by maxdsterling at Jun 13, 2008 11:02:19 AM

it says on my quartermaster that the chat log is more than 48 hours old. how do i go on?

Silverspoon
Echidna's Children

Posted by Pavalucci at Jun 21, 2008 2:47:51 AM
I logged into Y!PP then tried to load QM2....

it says List Index is out of bounds...

What have i done so far...

I copied the information bout malachite in the config.txt... nothing happened (it worked without bugs or reports... no problem)

Yesterday i´ve added the informations bout the xebec.... since this day (saturday) the report above (List index out of bounds) occure....

I can´t see the jobbers anymore, i got a 000 on "how many small cb´s to max a sloop" and so on... if u wish to have a screenshot, give me a pn with your email adress...

sry for my worse english, since i´m a native german, i´m not that familar with english ;)

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Jun 21, 2008 9:12:54 AM
I had the same problem yesterday afternoon (Pirate time). I just ignored it. When I logged on last night, the problem had disappeared. Who knows what happened.

~ Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by Pavalucci at Jun 21, 2008 12:44:12 PM
ok this is weired, i had to solve some real life issues... meanwhile erased the xebec info.... and the rl issues took me bout 6 hours... and aye... it disappeared -.-

Posted by Davesmason at Jun 22, 2008 7:48:29 AM
When I try to log onto my pirate on QM, I get an error message,

"List index out of bounds (0)"

If I hit OK, it goes onto QM, but the vessel list doesn't work, you can't add anyone to it, and it doesn't show anyone, and it no longer lists dhows, baghlahs or Sea monsters in the vessel list. Any ideas? =)

Edit - Same problem as the guy who posted just above me =/ I didn't update if for the Xebec or anything though,

Posted by SRT0001 at Jun 23, 2008 10:23:38 AM

When I try to log onto my pirate on QM, I get an error message,

"List index out of bounds (0)"

If I hit OK, it goes onto QM, but the vessel list doesn't work, you can't add anyone to it, and it doesn't show anyone, and it no longer lists dhows, baghlahs or Sea monsters in the vessel list. Any ideas? =)

Edit - Same problem as the guy who posted just above me =/ I didn't update if for the Xebec or anything though,

I am having an IDENTICAL problem, also i have no clue how to put the new ocean and new ships on my Quartermaster
--Purplebeard on Sage Ocean--
--Captain of the Crew "Search For Tomorrow"
--Prince of the Flag "Say No More"

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates