mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 2, 2021 4:33:42 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by redwinej at Feb 6, 2010 7:56:42 AM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
how about a port to java so all systems can use it instead of just pc.
----------------------------------------
Redtwo- On every dub ocean

Iron Monger- Holy Foil on Bowditch

Posted by Soar at Feb 6, 2010 5:30:38 PM
Ahoy!

Thanks for these, they are great.

- I sometimes get autochat messages repeated (send twice). It generaly happens if I click 2-4 different autochat buttons after each other.

This one would be hard to find. I'll have a mess around with it and see if I can duplicate it. If you can find a way to reproduce it relaibly it would be a great help. :]

- also not sure if disabling yohoholog parsing works reliable. My main comp does somehow never parse them. Which is good as it works well with multible clients. Please make sure this stayes an option. Would really suck if I could not use it with all my clients open.

This is one I'd like to fix very much. Are you willing to do some local testing on your system? I'd need to gather some info specific to what is going on there.

- startup time (loading pirate/crew) is pretty long. maybe do that in the background after the main initialisation is done.

Another one I've been wanting to fix. I tried once before but it didn't go so well. However I've got another idea that should work so I'll give it a go.

- some custom option settings. Like PTB but customizable/saveable.
(e.g. blockade: autojob/3rd party job/no autoplank, foraging: autojob/soundnotify on gems, trade: autoplank/special plankmessage, ....)

I'm guessing you mean autojob as in automatically accepting jobbers from the noticeboard. For most officers and cases this would be a great thing, and it wouldn't be too hard to impliment. But sadly it opens a seperate little door to allow players to play and make PoE while AFK. This would pretty much spell the death of QM, lol.
I think Blockade 3rd party jobbing was put in, taken out, and put back in again. so it should be there somewhere. I'll have to update the help files.
Sound notification on things is always fun. What are the chat lines and events you had in mind?
I think you can set autoplank for any voyage type, and there should be the option to enter a special message on planking. Can you elaborate on blockade - no planking you mention there?

- damagecounter: damage in sf/lines (a.k. blocks/6) and rumble/lines (rounding is a bit different)

Yup. Got it as close as I could, but if you can give me some data on specific cases, especially extreme ones, it would be very helpful in making improvements.

- damagecounter: the old undo last click (at least for single instance damagecounters)

It's difficult to do this with the muliple damage counter system.

- reorder Xebec and MG. The game considers MG smaller than Xebec. And i think cutter is bigger than dhow. (at least spawnwise)

Right you are.

- verify ram-damage. Had home discrepancies on WB pillages (WB+). Don't remeber exactly and might have missed a ram/bump. It was minor, but might be a little bug, but could well be my mistake.

Hmm, these numbers have been pretty solid. But again if you can get me some specific cases that don't add up, I'll definitly take a look in to it. It'd be too much to undertake a full ram/rock testing round for this small update. We did one for the initial numbers, but numbers do change.

- voyage planner/rum calculator. Allow to enter an amount of rum and display the equivalent grog/swill amount.
(Need to restock 57 rum. How much swill/grog would that be?)

Ok, can do.

- activate the "Battle" button independent of PTB. Let us send OOB without PTB involved

Also a good idea. I'll see if I can get that one in too.

RE: Java version.
I'd love to make QM available on Mac and Linux, but alas I have no Java knowledge and not enough time to learn it in my current RL schedule. As always though I can supply a package including code files and resources if any Java savy people would like to have a go at it.

Thanks mates!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Loren_S at Feb 7, 2010 2:27:05 AM

- also not sure if disabling yohoholog parsing works reliable. My main comp does somehow never parse them. Which is good as it works well with multible clients. Please make sure this stayes an option. Would really suck if I could not use it with all my clients open.

This is one I'd like to fix very much. Are you willing to do some local testing on your system? I'd need to gather some info specific to what is going on there.
Sure, as long as it stays broken after testing (so it works with multiple clients) ;)
Send some PM with testing infos.

- some custom option settings. Like PTB but customizable/saveable.
(e.g. blockade: autojob/3rd party job/no autoplank, foraging: autojob/soundnotify on gems, trade: autoplank/special plankmessage, ....)

I'm guessing you mean autojob as in automatically accepting jobbers from the noticeboard. For most officers and cases this would be a great thing, and it wouldn't be too hard to impliment. But sadly it opens a seperate little door to allow players to play and make PoE while AFK. This would pretty much spell the death of QM, lol.
I think Blockade 3rd party jobbing was put in, taken out, and put back in again. so it should be there somewhere. I'll have to update the help files.
Sound notification on things is always fun. What are the chat lines and events you had in mind?
I think you can set autoplank for any voyage type, and there should be the option to enter a special message on planking. Can you elaborate on blockade - no planking you mention there?
No nothing that big. All the options are there. I just want some saveable and preselectable optionsettings.
Just move the PTB checkbox (enable the 3 PTB buttons) into the optionsscreen. Replace that checkbox with 3-4 settings boxes that load differnt option configurations. And of course have a save button somewhere in the options.

For autojobbing: I'd love to see the full autojob, but OMs gave a NO to that. So leave it out.

- damagecounter: damage in sf/lines (a.k. blocks/6) and rumble/lines (rounding is a bit different)

Yup. Got it as close as I could, but if you can give me some data on specific cases, especially extreme ones, it would be very helpful in making improvements.
I think the calculation is right. Just the formating of the sent text. Besides cb-hits, dmg% and blocks, I would like to see a (block/6). So it can say <us>1line 3blocks - 4lines 1block<Them>. The general counting standard is cbs, but the really interesting thing is how many lines of damage there are.

- damagecounter: the old undo last click (at least for single instance damagecounters)

It's difficult to do this with the muliple damage counter system.
I know. Thats why i suggested it to apply only if there is one instance of DC only. On the other hand I'm not sure how often it is used in multi ship situations at all.
I personaly lose track in IOs alone. Plus repair is making it unreliable in sinking (or fake sinking) environments anyway.

- verify ram-damage. Had home discrepancies on WB pillages (WB+). Don't remeber exactly and might have missed a ram/bump. It was minor, but might be a little bug, but could well be my mistake.

Hmm, these numbers have been pretty solid. But again if you can get me some specific cases that don't add up, I'll definitly take a look in to it. It'd be too much to undertake a full ram/rock testing round for this small update. We did one for the initial numbers, but numbers do change.
It might be my fault in entering the rams/bumps. But WB vs Xebec: With the Xebec ramming rocks and/or bumping leads to some off results. (Or was it with MGs? dont remember)
Maybe Xebec is now large class? I remember being surprised by some ram mechanic results also.

RE: Java version.
I'd love to make QM available on Mac and Linux, but alas I have no Java knowledge and not enough time to learn it in my current RL schedule. As always though I can supply a package including code files and resources if any Java savy people would like to have a go at it.
If you make it open-source I'm pretty sure someone would take over and adapt it. I remember some offers in the past.
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage

Posted by Soar at Feb 8, 2010 5:56:30 AM
Ahoy!

Welp, after a very long coding session today I've decided to revert the damage counter back to intergrated version, with only the single instance possible.

It's just to much with multiple instances and multiple ship types and then having them all talk to each other nice and timely. I'm sure there is a way to make it work with an Undo button in there but it is just too troublesome.

I'm guessing the Undo button is more used than the multiple instances so that's the option I'll go with. It should allow me to set window docking back up too. The current version of the DC is stand alone so it will still be in your QM directory after the patch. It can work independantly, so that is still good for players using multiple counters.

Time for bed I think.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by treese at Feb 11, 2010 7:18:57 PM

Welp, after a very long coding session today I've decided to revert the damage counter back to intergrated version, with only the single instance possible....The current version of the DC is stand alone so it will still be in your QM directory after the patch. It can work independantly, so that is still good for players using multiple counters.

Not sure about anyone else, but this makes me very happy. Loved the original damage counter, really coulnd't find a good use for the non integrated dc... welcome back "undo" button!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)

Posted by PlNG at Feb 20, 2010 6:32:09 PM
Suggestion:
Auto plank (dismiss) pirates that leave the ship, but not the crew? I can think of some situations where this would be handy such as running forage while another ship screens pirates for smh.

Posted by Linisss at Feb 28, 2010 9:11:10 AM
Umm when you are a Greeter ( on duty) the crew check on vessel aint working, it copies text where Ocean master and Greeters names are written. Could you check this one , ty.

Ram/bumb count with MG is a bit strange. well dont rememebr too clearly but i thought that ramming mg qm shows a lot more dmg than it is in real

P.S Me<3 QM

Posted by Diaga at Apr 6, 2010 4:29:12 PM
This may have been answered already and if so could I please be directed to the post?

When I try to install QM (my computer was wiped and I lost it) I get a message saying:

Error 1301.Cannot creat the file. A directory with this name already exists. Cancel the installation and try installing to a different location.

I have a PC with Vista and I have no idea what this message is refering to or how to fix it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Diaga

Proud Senior Officer of Perilous Pirates
Proud citizen of Viridian

My opinions are my own.

Posted by PirateToph at Apr 14, 2010 3:21:36 PM
I too have gotten this "1301" error code. And if I try and hit ignore, I immediately get another error code, error "1304", which says that there were issues while trying to write files to the drive.

At first I thought maybe it was a permissions issue, but after having tried to run it as the administrator, I don't believe that's the issue.

Ideas?

Posted by HipGnosis6 at Apr 14, 2010 4:41:57 PM
Since this has gotten a recent bump, I'd love to have the rest of the help files available. Is it possible to contribute?
Toody on Hunter (and occasionally Veridian)
SO of Queen's Realm
Princess of The Swarm

Awesome avi by Deathmessage :D

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist trims his sails." -- Will

Posted by Mysterio at Apr 21, 2010 11:01:27 PM
I just clicked the ignore button and it continued anyways :)
Blackjammer,
S.O. Mad Mutineers
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer

Stay puzzling my friends

Posted by Kycha at Apr 22, 2010 12:29:18 AM

I too have gotten this "1301" error code. And if I try and hit ignore, I immediately get another error code, error "1304", which says that there were issues while trying to write files to the drive.

At first I thought maybe it was a permissions issue, but after having tried to run it as the administrator, I don't believe that's the issue.

Ideas?

Aye, I had the same thing, can't install onto new computer. Running an i7 64 bit if thats making any difference! Having to learn to keep a mental count now :(
Monandoeg, on all oceans, primary is Midnight.

Owner of Mast Destruction @ the Emerald Isle of Gaea & Pottery Burn @ the Jet Isle of Hephaestus Forge

Posted by DopeGhoti at Apr 22, 2010 11:30:04 AM

This may have been answered already and if so could I please be directed to the post?

When I try to install QM (my computer was wiped and I lost it) I get a message saying:

Error 1301.Cannot creat the file. A directory with this name already exists. Cancel the installation and try installing to a different location.

I have a PC with Vista and I have no idea what this message is refering to or how to fix it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I had the same problem with both Vista and Windows 7 when using the installer. It seems to be related to the new way files are stored (e. g. %SystemRoot%\Users\ rather than %SystemRoot%\Documents and Settings\). My solution was to just copy the QM directory tree from my old hard drive, but if the .ZIP file download is still available, that would probably work better than the .EXE/.MSI download.

Posted by djrap250 at Apr 22, 2010 1:36:10 PM
I recently got a new PC with Vista on it and tried downloading Quartermaster again. Every time i download it, i also get that Error everyone else has been complaining about. It also says "Error 1304 while writing file. C:\Quartermaster\Users\UniversalPirate_All\PirateTrainer\Basic-Officer-Training\Basic-Officer.qmt Verify that you have access to that directory.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated
Yyuuii on the Viridian Ocean

Towardsshore says, "I'm working with minimal material here"
Arthaar says, "Is that why you said you were putting your balls away?"

Posted by djrap250 at Apr 25, 2010 9:20:08 AM

I recently got a new PC with Vista on it and tried downloading Quartermaster again. Every time i download it, i also get that Error everyone else has been complaining about. It also says "Error 1304 while writing file. C:\Quartermaster\Users\UniversalPirate_All\PirateTrainer\Basic-Officer-Training\Basic-Officer.qmt Verify that you have access to that directory.

ok I opened and i can use the damage counter but it is not registering any of my chat into the chat window below Puzzle Pirates and any time someone comes on my ship it doesnt register them

Thanks, Yyuuii

Posted by HipGnosis6 at Apr 25, 2010 9:39:55 AM

ok I opened and i can use the damage counter but it is not registering any of my chat into the chat window below Puzzle Pirates and any time someone comes on my ship it doesnt register them

Thanks, Yyuuii

You have to tell QM where to find your chat logs. There are instructions on how to do so in the Start-Up Guide section of the YYPedia page for Quartermaster.
Toody on Hunter (and occasionally Veridian)
SO of Queen's Realm
Princess of The Swarm

Awesome avi by Deathmessage :D

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist trims his sails." -- Will

Posted by djrap250 at Apr 25, 2010 9:50:30 AM

Thanks, Yyuuii

You have to tell QM where to find your chat logs. There are instructions on how to do so in the Start-Up Guide section of the YYPedia page for Quartermaster.

yes i know this ive been using it for years. its been fine until a couple days ago, and i choose the right chat log and everything, it just still doesnt register is. If i open the chat log in notepad, i see everything that has been said but it just doesnt show it in the chat window below. If i type something into it, it says it on puzzlepirates, yet it still doesnt show it. Even the chat shortcuts work.

Thanks,
Yyuuii

Posted by treese at Jun 30, 2010 9:54:07 PM
Anyone have the update to add the new Junk ship yet? I started to tonight, but it's late and I'm tired, and it's been so long since i looked at the config file that I'm completely drawing a blank on what all that gobledy-gook means right now.

When I'm more conscious and able to decipher it, I shall look at it again and try to post something after testing (unless of course someone beats me to it!)
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by urbnsol at Jul 4, 2010 9:16:23 PM
This should be correct.
According to the wiki, it's the same stats as the Baghlah, but with large guns.

So check it all over, and if you like it, add it to the QM config.txt page.
Will need the images too.
And renumbering the rest of the list, obviously.

[006]
Junk
junk
JU.bmp
JUsm.bmp
HPS:050
RAM:002
MCW:18
RCW:8+
SLS:6
CRP:4
BLG:4
CAN:3
BLL:L
GUN:12
VOL:27,000
MSS:18,000
MXS:15
MXM:10
MXL:7.5
SKS:25
SKM:16.6
SKL:12.5

Posted by treese at Jul 5, 2010 3:55:24 AM
Yay! Thank you!

Numbers look good for what I can make out. I shall go home tonight and plug it into mine and do some testing, time permitting and all that.

Images? Nah, we dun need no stinkin images!

Ty ty!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Loren_S at Jul 5, 2010 5:09:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the ram number of the junk is not 002. I have set RAM:003 for me, but not sure if that is correct.

Also I get more and more confident that the ram of the MG is wrong in the standard config. Battles involving rams (maybe only rockrams) of MG are nearly always off by a bit for me.
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage

Posted by urbnsol at Jul 5, 2010 8:14:53 AM
I can't say for sure, as I just got back into PP and just found the new QM and this thread, and decided to work out the new ship.
Was pretty easy to figure it out in 5-10 minutes.

As I said, same stats as the Baghlah other than large guns.
I don't know how 3R figures ram damage since the Merchant Brig and Baghlah have the same damage (according to http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ramming ), yet the MB has 72,000kg more mass than the Baghlah. Seems wrong to me.
The whole system seems a bit off, as you have the Grand Frig doing 8 ram damage and the War Frig 6, yet the GF is 2.5x the mass of the WF (and 40x the mass of a Sloop, which does 1 ram damage).
Obviously they don't want it to be too overwhelming for one ram, so I guess it's all just a balance issue and no real-world logic.

Rock damage is different than ship to ship, so that could account for the differences you are seeing.
Again, or it may not since I'm no expert.

Posted by SirCarl67 at Jul 8, 2010 12:51:53 PM

I can't say for sure, as I just got back into PP and just found the new QM and this thread, and decided to work out the new ship.
Was pretty easy to figure it out in 5-10 minutes.

As I said, same stats as the Baghlah other than large guns.
I don't know how 3R figures ram damage since the Merchant Brig and Baghlah have the same damage (according to http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Ramming ), yet the MB has 72,000kg more mass than the Baghlah. Seems wrong to me.
The whole system seems a bit off, as you have the Grand Frig doing 8 ram damage and the War Frig 6, yet the GF is 2.5x the mass of the WF (and 40x the mass of a Sloop, which does 1 ram damage).
Obviously they don't want it to be too overwhelming for one ram, so I guess it's all just a balance issue and no real-world logic.

Rock damage is different than ship to ship, so that could account for the differences you are seeing.
Again, or it may not since I'm no expert.

Junk differs from a baghlah not only in having large guns but having the hull strength of a war brig. I am not an expert at reading the QM numbers but I think this has been taken care of with the data, can someone please confirm.

Mass referred to is cargo carrying capacity so is only partially related to total mass. Even total mass is not proportional to damage caused on a collision. In real life if a boat hit any ship significantly larger than itself (so that the larger vessel will not recoil on the impact) the damage will be the same, it might be more than hitting rocks but only as the speed of impact is greater than the speed of the sloop. Similarly if a grand frigate has the same hull thickness as say a a war brig a sloop a sloop might put a 3 foot hole is each. While this might be less of a problem in a very large ship it would actually take the same amount of work to repair.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."

Posted by urbnsol at Jul 9, 2010 12:57:37 PM
True, I didn't compare it to the War Brig when I wrote the file, just took the info from the Junk wiki page.

What I posted originally was a ram damage of 2, and Loren_S set theirs as 3 damage, where the WB has 4 ram damage.
It hasn't been added to the wiki file yet, so no real change has been made yet.

I can't test any of these stats so... it's really up to others to find out for sure.
I would lean toward 3 being correct since a Junk should be smaller (based on stations and cargo hold) than a WB, but stronger hull-wise than the Baghlah.

Here are the stats with 3 for ram damage:
[006]
Junk
junk
JU.bmp
JUsm.bmp
HPS:050
RAM:003
MCW:18
RCW:8+
SLS:6
CRP:4
BLG:4
CAN:3
BLL:L
GUN:12
VOL:27,000
MSS:18,000
MXS:15
MXM:10
MXL:7.5
SKS:25
SKM:16.6
SKL:12.5

Posted by vuurballekes at Jul 13, 2010 5:34:06 AM
how can i insert this in my QM cause only see the icon to open QM on my comp
vuurballeke on cerulean

Posted by Wheebiscuit at Jul 13, 2010 10:17:00 AM

how can i insert this in my QM cause only see the icon to open QM on my comp

Inserting and editing to add the Junk involves the config file. That will be found in your QuarterMaster folder. And you can find THAT by checking the Properties of your QM Icon.

- Go to that folder and locate the Config.Txt file

- Copy the Config.Txt file to something like Config.sav because if you mess up your edit, you will likely break QM

- Open the Config.txt file, and insert the information about the Junk JUST BEFORE THE EXISTING [006] entry. The ships are indexed. The numeric entries act as the indexes. You now have two [006] entries.

- Scroll down to the second [006] entry, and change that to [007].

- Repeat for the [007] entry, and all the other numeric index entries all the way to the last numeric index entry [014] (at least in my config file) which you will now renumber to [015].

- Save the file.

That should do it. It has been a long time since I messed with these files so if I made a mistake or you made one and QM doesn't work, you can recover your program by renaming your saved Config.sav file back to Config.txt and you should be back where you started.

Good luck!

~ Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes

Posted by tommo020 at Jul 14, 2010 2:54:08 AM
Hey I was just wondering if there are any QM course packages as I cant find any?

Posted by urbnsol at Jul 18, 2010 3:15:00 PM
As there hasn't been any comment on this for a bit, I went ahead and added it to the wiki page.

Again, all the info was copied from the Junk wiki page except for the ram damage, which is set at 3.
This seems like a logical option as it's bigger than a Baghlah and smaller than a War Brig, yet has the same hull strength.
If testing proves otherwise, then it's easily changed.

I also moved it to position 7 on the list since the ships are mostly in HP order.

I still don't have any pictures, so you're on your own there.

Posted by Masterofdrag at Jul 19, 2010 7:47:08 AM
Ahoy There,
first i would like to excuse me for my very bad english and i hope you will understand me ...

My Problem :
I am trying to play Puzzle Pirates with QM
But everytime when i want to Insall it ..( I Tryed it on other directorys and on other Computers ) there show
in the Error code 1301 (( Cannot creat the File ..... and so on ))

I can only ignore that ...
retry doesnt work
I ignored that and i hoped that it could works
The QM starts normal and i enter the location of the chat log and the yohoho log ( I had QM 1-2 years ago so this was no problem )
Then i want to start it :
He was loading my pirate
and he was loading my Crew ...
He start QM and give me a Error Message

:""Unable to locate the game client for this Pirate. Please ensure
your Quartermaster pirate is the same as your current game pirate""

And yes i understand this ^^ but everytime he show me that message ..
i Tryed it with several Pirates ..... i delete and install PP new
on both computers ( 1 Visa / 1 XP prof SP 2)
and Yes the Pirate name was the same: :P

My Question here is. ... Can someone help me ? :-)

Yours Dragy
on Opal
Perseuses
on Sage

Posted by urbnsol at Jul 22, 2010 6:47:30 AM
Did you read the installation instructions on the QM page?
There have been some changes to the PP client and there are answers there.

I had a similar problem with the install and reading it fixed my problem.

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates