mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 2, 2021 5:30:49 PM
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page | Last Page]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by MrTeatime at May 19, 2009 6:44:49 AM
Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support
Actually I never thought that the damage counter was meant to count the hits on its own.
----------------------------------------
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo

Posted by tlz_allen at May 19, 2009 9:03:59 AM

hey ive had qm on for a while , ive got 2 problems , my damage counter doesn't register automatically , and also i was told u can changed the sounds of some activities , but i cant seem to find the sound files

The Damage Counter does NOT Register hits on its own. It is a manual counter that you must click to record the hits and then again to report to the chat window.

Also, I'm not so sure just how much help there may be for QM anymore. The last time I talked with Soar he was making QMII a stand-alone program (no servers required) so that he could kind of "walk away" from it. I was disappointed in this as I had another application for it in game that I think would have been awesome, but he wasn't interested. :(
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders

Posted by maxdsterling at May 20, 2009 10:15:15 PM
Sound files can be found in the Sounds subfolder.

QM2 is standalone and for the most part maintenance free since ship stats and additions can be made through altering the configuration files.
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children

Posted by PlNG at Jun 15, 2009 5:46:38 AM
I would like to see an option for auto-plank (A.K.A. dismissal) for leaving the ship.
Probably should tie in dismissal with planked options as well.

Posted by AtariRaccoon at Jun 16, 2009 5:35:18 PM
One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet about QM in recently events.

Rigging standings
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do

Posted by lovegodkid at Jul 4, 2009 3:16:36 PM
I can't wait for an update to include the new family ocean, Crimson. Hope it happens soon
My pirate is Stourmy on all english oceans except blue ones.

You have a an air of destiny about you. -Tia Dalma

Posted by yummyyumm at Jul 4, 2009 8:22:41 PM

I can't wait for an update to include the new family ocean, Crimson. Hope it happens soon

This is a relatively easy fix. I updated the Config file to add Jade and Crimson, as well as adding many of the new OMs and devs.

Please download the file from here (right-click, save as) and place it in your Quartermaster directory. By default, this is C:\Quartermaster\

Please note that you will be overwriting your original Quartermaster config file. You may want to backup that file, just in-case your system doesn't like the new one, or it isn't downloaded correctly. I tested it on my machine, but, there may be something in there that I didn't think to change / fix / not break.

Posted by therufus7 at Jul 21, 2009 8:50:53 PM
This question has probably been answered but I don't really want to go through a thousand post to try and find it.

My trainer doesn't work and I don't know why. QW says that I don't have the file. I assumed that it came with the download. Am I wrong? I haven't been able to find out where to get the file otherwise.

thanks in advance,
therufus

PS I know no one is suppose to tell me but I can't for the life of me find the Easter egg. Just a point in the right direction will help.

Posted by BillSnow2 at Aug 31, 2009 8:32:30 PM
does anyone know how i might modify this to add in rigging to the options?....

even if it just involves editing what's there?..

for instance i don't really care to see how good someone is at duty nav.... or even battle nav for instance...

so if there's a way i can go in and change one of those two lines to look for rigging stats instead and find people at the master or above etc and show them accordingly... that would be nice....

i like seeing what each pirate is good at... would just like to be able to see rigging up there along with the other duty puzzles...

any help would be appreciated...

Posted by algybot at Oct 16, 2009 2:50:13 PM
Without going into details about what I need and want, and how all my attempts have been unsuccessful.... I just want to ask for a little help on a matter that is totally confounding me.

I have NO Yohoho.log on my system!

My son has a Yohoho.log in his Puzzle Pirates folder, but it was last accessed in MAY this year, so is obviously not used for anything. (He logs on daily)

I do, however have some logfiles in my PP folder. I have a Yohoho-o.log, then I have 2 other logfiles with strange names....

One is yohoho_1255725711875.log and the other is yohoho_1255723201609.log

On examination, I deduce that the first is the log for my main client and the other is for a second client used to log on a pirate from another account.

On testing that, I opened a third client and logged on another pirate, and indeed it is as I thought, as there is now another logfile with a different number.

My problem now is.... for third party programs like QM, that require you to point to your Yohoho.log file.... what do I choose? If I select the file mentioned, will the program accept that with the numbers in the name?

-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight

Posted by MrTeatime at Oct 16, 2009 3:44:41 PM
The same problem occurs with ScenePainter. OOO changed the way logging is done in the client. A side effect is the absence of yohoho.log.

The solution that worked with ScenePainter:
Create an empty file called yohoho.log in the PP folder.
(i.e. make a new text file and rename it)

Hope that helps.

El
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo

Posted by algybot at Oct 16, 2009 10:55:55 PM
Thanks, that has helped :)

-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight

Posted by Loren_S at Oct 17, 2009 8:38:44 AM
Enhancement request should Soar ever get to do a new version:

Add rigging
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage

Posted by Soxs at Nov 8, 2009 4:05:45 PM
I may have missed it somewhere, but is it out for macs yet? /e is slow.
Soxs Cobalt/Viridian
Sox Sage

Posted by treese at Jan 27, 2010 12:51:23 PM
Is anyone else having issues with the damage counter layout on Windows 7?

It's display is all misaligned... it's still usable, but doubled up, yer not exactly sure which buttons to click.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)

Posted by Soar at Jan 28, 2010 2:49:51 AM

Is anyone else having issues with the damage counter layout on Windows 7?

It's display is all misaligned... it's still usable, but doubled up, yer not exactly sure which buttons to click.

Can you post a screen shot please mate?

Be sure to include the full border of the window, and title bar ;]

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by treese at Jan 29, 2010 12:48:30 PM
I'll do that when i get home from work tonight. Will be kinda late as i'm working evening shift.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by treese at Jan 31, 2010 9:03:52 PM
Here is an image of what the QM2 damage counter looks like in Win 7... at least on my computer. I've had at least one other person using Win 7 describe a similar appearance.

When using the dc, the buttons to the right are functional, the bottons to the left are not, but damage appears as it should within the proper damage areas towards the left. Lemme know if i've confuzzled ya!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean

Posted by Soar at Jan 31, 2010 9:57:34 PM

Here is an image of what the QM2 damage counter looks like in Win 7... at least on my computer. I've had at least one other person using Win 7 describe a similar appearance.

When using the dc, the buttons to the right are functional, the bottons to the left are not, but damage appears as it should within the proper damage areas towards the left. Lemme know if i've confuzzled ya!

No worries Tammy.

It's the same old fat window border problem that happened a year back with Vista. I remember I found a solution for the main window layout, so I just need to remember what it was an apply it to the DC.

I'll need someone to test it once it's coded if you have time :)

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by jueves1 at Jan 31, 2010 11:35:57 PM
Hi Soar:

could you please take a look at this?

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2083327

Basically is QM not working on Jade with Spanish Language.

thank you!
Camioneta en Jade.
Frozendemon en Sage.

GAME OVER

Posted by Soar at Jan 31, 2010 11:54:09 PM

Hi Soar:

could you please take a look at this?

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2083327

Basically is QM not working on Jade with Spanish Language.

thank you!

I'm guessing Spanish would be as painful as German was when we tried. The main problem was that the PP chat logs were saved in ASCII, so they converted all the special german letters to "?" in the logs. This basically buggered me.

Can you check your chat logs to see if this has changed?

....now that I think about it, we might be able to work around it. There is just so much that needs to be modified. I'll see how much energy I have after this mini-update I'm working on. It would take a few dedicated testers in spanish though.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by jueves1 at Feb 1, 2010 12:44:01 AM
If you've read the thread, you'll see that we made it work, always that the YPP client was marked as english as language instead of spanish.

For what it seems, is not changing it.... Here's a sentence with some only spanish carachters:

[10:16:57] Camioneta dice, "ocñoosk !¡ ¿?"

It didn't chang them...
Camioneta en Jade.
Frozendemon en Sage.

GAME OVER

Posted by Loren_S at Feb 1, 2010 1:41:29 AM
If you are doing a bugfix release:

Could you fix that the refesh-crew button does not work if the Oceanmaster line is wrapped.
Just on second try clicking 10-12 pixels lower in the /who display and doing the Ctrl-A/C then should do.

Also the there should be different rank-icons for independent pirates and unknown/timed-out pirates.

And of course add rigging stats.

Posted by Soar at Feb 2, 2010 12:44:50 AM

If you are doing a bugfix release:

Could you fix that the refesh-crew button does not work if the Oceanmaster line is wrapped.
Just on second try clicking 10-12 pixels lower in the /who display and doing the Ctrl-A/C then should do.

Also the there should be different rank-icons for independent pirates and unknown/timed-out pirates.

And of course add rigging stats.

Definitly going to be adding Rigging. This will probably get bundled in to a single icon that shows the best stat from either sailing or rigging skill.

The crew refresh idea sounds like a good thing. Don't know why I didnt do that in the first place. (/faceplam)

I thought there were different icons for independant and unknown pirates. It is not so?
By timed out pirates, do you mean disconnected? There is a chat message for that so it should be possible. I can't get sleeping pirates though, thats a graphics thing.

RE: Spanish and German
Hmmm, if the chat log thing is possible then the whole thing may work. It's still a huge undertaking though. I will keep it in mind for after the current update, but don't want to promiss anything incase I don't have time to follow through. ;)

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Loren_S at Feb 2, 2010 1:25:09 AM

By timed out pirates, do you mean disconnected? There is a chat message for that so it should be possible. I can't get sleeping pirates though, thats a graphics thing.

No. After stats and rank have been loaded and are correct for a while the rank icon changes to independant again. I was not able to spot the exact circumstances, but fact is there are "independent" pirates with stats shown sometimes. Generaly they can be manualy reloaded and fixed, so I suspected a timeout of some kind.
It might also be caused by a pirate leaving a crew i'm jobbed in. But did not realy test it out.

The main issues though is: There are 2 states. Real independant pirates without crew and rank. And pirates that QM does not know the status yet, lost track or "maybe timeouted".

Posted by Soar at Feb 2, 2010 1:47:10 AM

No. After stats and rank have been loaded and are correct for a while the rank icon changes to independant again. I was not able to spot the exact circumstances, but fact is there are "independent" pirates with stats shown sometimes. Generaly they can be manualy reloaded and fixed, so I suspected a timeout of some kind.
It might also be caused by a pirate leaving a crew i'm jobbed in. But did not realy test it out.

The main issues though is: There are 2 states. Real independant pirates without crew and rank. And pirates that QM does not know the status yet, lost track or "maybe timeouted".

Hmmm, I think I'm almost getting what you mean. There is still something I'm missing though. So, just to clarify how it should be working...

The blank green icon is for unknown pirates who have never had thier stats loaded. These pirates should never have stat icons next to thier names on the vessel list.

The yellow "I" icon is for pirates whose stats have been loaded at some time in the past, but who are independant. That is, they did not have a crew/rank at the time thier stats were last loaded. That information may be out of date, so they may have joined a crew since you last loaded them. Independant pirates can have stat icons by thier name.

Currently there is no intended system to time pirate's data out, but then again things don't always work as intended with QM.

The thing that is confusing me is weather you are refering to the yellow icon or the blank green icon as independant pirates. If it's the blank green one then something is very wrong, lol.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Loren_S at Feb 2, 2010 2:00:24 AM
Its the yellow icon. At some time in the past it was green with rank (not blank). Somehow it transformed into yellow without the pirates actualy leaving the crew.
This should either not happen at all, or change into the blank green icon (but with the past stats).

Generaly a manual "reload stats" works then, and is not blocked by the 7-day period. Thats why I thought it might be a timeout. But it can happen within the 7-day period.

I got the feeling it might be connected to bigger jobbing things (like cades), which leads to the option of OM getting confused by the leave message, while that person is not actualy jobbed into my crew. On the other hand it does not happen often enough to be the sole reason.

Posted by Soar at Feb 2, 2010 3:21:03 AM

Its the yellow icon. At some time in the past it was green with rank (not blank). Somehow it transformed into yellow without the pirates actualy leaving the crew.
This should either not happen at all, or change into the blank green icon (but with the past stats).

Generaly a manual "reload stats" works then, and is not blocked by the 7-day period. Thats why I thought it might be a timeout. But it can happen within the 7-day period.

I got the feeling it might be connected to bigger jobbing things (like cades), which leads to the option of OM getting confused by the leave message, while that person is not actualy jobbed into my crew. On the other hand it does not happen often enough to be the sole reason.

Ok, so these are pirates who are in other crews, and despite having never left thier crew, QM is marking them as independant.

At a guess I'd say its triggered when either they job with your crew and leave, or when you both job for a third crew and you see the "left crew" chat message when they leave before you do.

I'll check it out.

Thanks mate!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Soar at Feb 5, 2010 7:03:27 PM
Ahoy!

Started working on the patch today. Finally got some freetime.

If anyone has any bug reports, minor suggestions, or reports of misplaced chat lines, just pop them in this thread and I'll take a look at them. I'd especially like info on those chat lines that are turning up in the wrong log window. ;)

I've looked over the most recent pages of this thread and slated the following for the update (no promisses here, heheh):
- Adding Rigging.
- Stats will be read from Ocean-wide standings.
- Redo onboard crew refresh function to handle pirates on greeter duty and long OM lists.
- Taking a look at the missing file problems with the pirate trainer.
- Fixing the damage counter graphics problems in the newer versions of windows.
- Adding an "I Win" button.
- Reviewing the interaction with the Yohoho.log client activity record file.
- Adding new oceans.
- Taking a look at the problem causing pirates in crews to be relisted as independant.

No date yet for release.

Thanks mates!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Posted by Loren_S at Feb 6, 2010 6:44:55 AM
- I sometimes get autochat messages repeated (send twice). It generaly happens if I click 2-4 different autochat buttons after each other.

- also not sure if disabling yohoholog parsing works reliable. My main comp does somehow never parse them. Which is good as it works well with multible clients. Please make sure this stayes an option. Would really suck if I could not use it with all my clients open.

- startup time (loading pirate/crew) is pretty long. maybe do that in the background after the main initialisation is done.

- some custom option settings. Like PTB but customizable/saveable.
(e.g. blockade: autojob/3rd party job/no autoplank, foraging: autojob/soundnotify on gems, trade: autoplank/special plankmessage, ....)

- damagecounter: damage in sf/lines (a.k. blocks/6) and rumble/lines (rounding is a bit different)

- damagecounter: the old undo last click (at least for single instance damagecounters)

- reorder Xebec and MG. The game considers MG smaller than Xebec. And i think cutter is bigger than dhow. (at least spawnwise)

- verify ram-damage. Had home discrepancies on WB pillages (WB+). Don't remeber exactly and might have missed a ram/bump. It was minor, but might be a little bug, but could well be my mistake.

- voyage planner/rum calculator. Allow to enter an amount of rum and display the equivalent grog/swill amount.
(Need to restock 57 rum. How much swill/grog would that be?)

- activate the "Battle" button independent of PTB. Let us send OOB without PTB involved

Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page | Last Page]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates