mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 30, 2020 9:51:59 PM

Posted by muffy at Apr 16, 2004 2:11:33 AM
Re: Are there any games similar to the Battle Nav puzzle?
goodmanj wrote: 
I've played Roborally. It's very similar to sea battle, though most people don't take it as seriously.

Not seriously? Heh. I've won the RoboRally tournament 5 years in a row now at a local game con. My housemate practiced with an online version for months in order to get good enough to beat me. RoboRally is a VERY serious game. *grin*

You're dealt 10 cards on each turn (to start): each card is marked Move 1, Move 2, ... left turn, right turn, U-turn, etc. You use these to program 7 movement phases, or "registers" (like the 4 slots in sea battle).

9 cards, 5 registers.

Add-on expansions include fun weapons and other widgets, and map boards including teleporters, radioactive sludge, etc.

The base game also comes with options for yer robot.

The game rules say the winner is the first to reach all the flags and return to the finish line, but really, it's all about killing as many robots as possible. Other robots, your robot, whatever. It's all good.

If ye want to win, the trick is to get OUT of the carnage and let yer opponents kill each other while ye get the flags. The last flag is the "finish line." Ye can have any number of boards and any number of flags, so ye can put in as much interaction as ye like and make the game as long as ye like. It's the most fabulous game ever.
----------------------------------------

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates