mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 25, 2020 6:35:27 AM

Posted by Patetch at Jan 12, 2007 10:44:02 AM
Re: Puzzle Codename: Nibbler
I will start by saying I am not an artist, merely a compiler. This is a collection of game images and clipart that has been edited, cropped, faded, flipped, rotated, tiled, cut, pasted, and whatever else I needed to do to compose the picture. :)

I still need to resize and move things around to get clues to fit in, but the general idea I was going on was:

Each square starts out with all three fruit,
Right clicking on one removes it (right click again brings it back)
Left clicking places it in that location (changing to a larger image with a darker background)
The green square was a booched answer.

Like I said, I am still playing around with it to get things to fit, but I wanted to check to see if this idea was workable. Is it too cluttered and busy? Would it be hard to code? The picture is 450 x 600 (well the picture itself is, I think a column of white got added to one of the edges) which I believe is the size of the current crafting puzzle screens. I have a thought about making a box of column clues and one of row clues instead of shrinking the board. How many clues did you plan on having available? I am sure you have most of your coding done, so I am not sure how easily this could be adapted. (I completely understand if this doesn't work at all.)

----------------------------------------
Pletoo of Sage

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates