mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 25, 2020 2:12:43 PM

Posted by tcarr at Jan 10, 2007 6:37:35 PM
Re: Puzzle Codename: Nibbler
I have Nibbler working on first board only (no resetting yet), and have been keeping track while play testing it. Using the twelve random clues, the number of tiles I could determine without guessing or using a hint were:
36, 18, 14, zero, 18, 4, 1, 14, 10, 7, 7, 7

In all cases if I could determine six, I had a full row or full column. I think I'm going to have to put back the "new board after so many correct placements" trigger. Otherwise an ult type player who gets a great board (18+) could do a checkerboard pattern as much as possible, then fill in one row and one column with the shared tile last. This would still leave a lot of placed tiles on the next board, making it likely that he could repeat the feat.

Reset on 12 feels reasonable. A player whose initial board is completely solvable would have to choose between getting the row + column combo and having no placed fruits for second board, or taking only a row or column and leaving 6 placed fruits for the second board.
----------------------------------------
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates