mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 25, 2020 5:41:51 AM

Posted by tcarr at Jan 10, 2007 6:32:39 AM
Re: Puzzle Codename: Nibbler
Wiki proposal has been updated with my current plans for Nibbler, but barely touching on the cooperative puzzle aspect. I'm still thinking about the cooperative aspect. I need to make a QuickStart graphic.

I *think* after I get it working, even solo play would be cooperative. If there are fewer than three players at the table, a bot is generated for each missing place. The bot plays rather badly, but does finish a row or column every once in a while, which will give the solo player a chance for a cooperation bonus.

Due to layout size, I don't think that showing small boards for each player is going to work. Players will just have to announce over chat which row or column they think they can complete soon. The bot won't give any warning. (It's a lot easier on the server if the bot doesn't really play the game, just at random times decides that he finished a row/col and that row/col is then highlighted on each player's board.)
----------------------------------------
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates