mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 26, 2020 10:33:45 PM

Posted by Patetch at Jan 6, 2007 11:51:00 PM
Re: Puzzle Codename: Nibbler
Question: I played parfait and had a perfect score, I don't remember the final length of the chain but it was over vegas^20, and as much as I would love to finally be ultimate in a puzzle... what happens if someone doesn't booch?

Are the clues such that, if you apply enough logic, you can deduce 3 items every time before the board resets, or will there be times when you would be forced to guess? I know in the storyboard example the player didn't see any possibilities and took a hint instead, but that doesn't mean that they are not there, not everyone knows how to make the logic connections needed to figure some things out.

I have seen some logic puzzles where you do have to make an educated guess but that is usually done in conjunction with the rest of the clues and given information. I suppose adding a time constraint would limit this some, but I hope that won't be the case - that is alchemistry's biggest plus - because it is the only game where time is not a factor.

If a person guesses wrong is it a true booch where the board completely resets (including all previously placed items) or just a break in the bonus chain and new clues appear?)

Will there be a way to eliminate possibilities from a location? The majority of logic puzzles are solved by figuring out where things can NOT be rather than where they are, but this isn't shown in your example graphic.

I suggest that the clues actually be shown with graphics rather than a lot of text, given the multiple languages present. When I played parfait I actually set it to standard english as opposed to the pirate talk, I prefer to figure out the puzzle rather than the clues.
----------------------------------------
Pletoo of Sage

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates