mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 5, 2020 2:47:49 PM

Posted by Hanzii at Jul 28, 2003 9:44:57 AM
Re: PvP, game design, and what's fun
Ok, I'm not in support of PvP over PvE (Or should that be PvNPP?) in this game.
And I certainly think merchant and trading have a place in this game - considering the majority of my posts have been about that, it would be weird if i didn't.
I just hear the cries of 'nerf PvP' before we even get to try any...

'Encourage different playstyles' should include PvP as well.

While the entire politics flag/crew part of the game offers me no recourse against the annoying yellowbellied brigands lying in wait everytime I try to bring some iron back to the 'ole shipyard, it could help me against players trying the same.

I don't want to see a pure PvP game, i don't want an environment where ganking is frequent - but right now i'm being repeatedly ganked by the computer. I'd rather test my skill against humans.

---------
And Rifkind, you're right that my commodities are easier to get hold of - on the other hand I need much larger amounts, so I face other challenges.
And nobody said a tailor should be fully supplied at all times - I'm yet to build up enough to even offer to build a Grand Frigate.
If ye run out of black captains jackets all the time, you might consider raising the price - some stuff is supposed to be rare.

But foraging and pillaging rare stuff need a bit of tweaking as does the rest of the economy. But I think there's a long way from that to 'it's not fun'.
I'm having so much fun, I considered plonking down the 80k for yer shop - but my wife wouldn't approve of me running yet another virtuel piratey business ;-)
----------------------------------------
Hanzii - shipbuilder (retired), Turtle

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates